Author Topic: Wargroove  (Read 773 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Wargroove
« on: January 30, 2019, 04:04:07 PM »
Secret Skulls of the Shogun plug

This is the kind of package that only a team fired up on enthusiasm could put together, I think, which is why I feel bad for not having had quite as much fun with WarGroove as I intended to. To be honest, more than I think of Advance Wars or Fire Emblem as I play, I find myself thinking of 17Bit's glorious Skulls of the Shogun. There's a game that was clearly driven by the same loves as WarGroove, but which reworked everything to bring its own character and imagination to proceedings. That game has a charisma of its own, and as a result when you play Skulls of the Shogun, you're only ever really thinking of Skulls of the Shogun. If Advance Wars does come to mind, in fact, it's because you notice how Skulls has actually solved some of Advance Wars' problems, limiting the number of resources you can earn from a map overall to stop the meat-grinder build up of units that occurs when both sides are entrenched, for example.

Anyone play this yet?

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Wargroove
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 01:07:43 PM »
It's not out til tomorrow but I'll be getting it on Switch. Looks just like the Advance Wars clone I always wanted, plus it seems to have a solid scenario/map maker and its XB/PC/Switch crossplay :mouf

Plus there's a dog commander!

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Wargroove
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 01:10:47 PM »