Author Topic: DARE TO DREAMS  (Read 6630 times)

Svejk

DARE TO DREAMS
« on: January 31, 2019, 09:35:34 AM »
-Dream is coming in 2019.
-For the open beta MM will be inducting players in waves starting the week of January 8th
-Think LBP in 3D and with way more possibilities.
-Couch co-op up to 4 players.
-Local multiplayer on launch, online planned after.
-There will be a beta before the release.
-You can play and create using the normal Dualshock 4 controller, Move is an option.
-There are also tutorials built into the game.
-PSVR support is coming post launch.
-There is a full physics system included in dreams for things like gravity, weight, and projectiles etc...
-PS4 Pro support: 4k output or 'arcade mode' (higher frame rate) at 1080p. But all gameplay, tools and content is the same on pro & base.
-You can share everything you make and collaborate with other people.
-You can download other people's creations and play or use them as assets in your creations.
-You can gain XP on your profil depending on what you do, for instanceas as animator, player, or designer. That allows you to easily find people that like doing specific things.
-Thermometer limit is about complexity, not size.
-You can link the levels.
-You can create 100 levels on 1 map, and you can put 4 maps in one

Since they lifted the sharing of the beta testing, a flood of craziness has been pouring out with it....

https://twitter.com/AyyWassaap/status/1088764136404570112

https://twitter.com/DISARMEDTWEETS/status/1089959646822055937

https://twitter.com/Flipyap/status/1089977529967001606

https://twitter.com/VirtuallyVain/status/1089970717968531456

Can't wait till this game drops!  This game could very well be the Swan Song for PS4...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 10:10:05 AM by Svejk »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: DARE TO DREAMS
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 10:37:11 AM »
tfw someone remakes FF7 and releases it on the PS4 before Nomura does.
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 10:51:57 AM »
I want to like this but everything in those vids looks junk af and not fun to actually play. Any videos of stuff that have like decent gameplay?

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 10:56:45 AM »
I want to like this but everything in those vids looks junk af and not fun to actually play. Any videos of stuff that have like decent gameplay?

Sounds exactly like Little Big Planet... sounds promising but awful to actually play, and a repository for attempts to remake other games in a format less fun than the originals.
^_^

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 11:28:15 AM »
6:44

Like lbp, the oc is superior

Svejk

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 11:57:45 AM »
When folks will have more time to fine tune their creations, Astrobot level of greatness can spawn from this, I would imagine.  :)  Especially when PSVR support comes.  :lawd

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 12:07:17 PM »

Donkey Kong's face is the dream. There's nowhere to go from here. KILL GAMING.

Svejk

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 12:15:58 PM »
Can't wait for the Real SANIC to be made!

Svejk

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 11:06:02 AM »
Early Access launching April 16th!  It's paid Early Access, but for $30 (US), I will be on that shit, np.

https://twitter.com/mediamolecule/status/1113452391528112128

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 11:26:56 AM »
Sadly, which is a shame because MM is one of their more creative outlets they have.

However they was supposed to release like 3-4 years ago. So... yeah...

Bebpo

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 04:13:42 PM »
I don't think Sony will gut MM. If so they would've done it after Tearaway which was a total flop but a great game. MM like Team Ico are kept around for their artsy side.

Evolution was repetitive since it occupied a similar space to the GT team even if it was Arcade vs. Sim. Arcade racers were dying and Sony decided to just have 1 racing dev team. Still sucks though, but Psygnosis was the biggest hurt of any Sony dev shutters. Wipeout was one of the main Playstation Reps and was still a fucking awesome game each entry. That and Bizarre Creations on MS side were the biggest losses to the arcade racer industry and it's never really recovered. Criterion also getting put in the backroom by EA and killing off Burnout was kinda the 3rd strike in crippling the arcade racer industry for decades.

Early Access launching April 16th!  It's paid Early Access, but for $30 (US), I will be on that shit, np.

https://twitter.com/mediamolecule/status/1113452391528112128

Are pre-orders up yet? I hear it's going to be limited since you're essentially getting the $60 game for $30 and getting it early. I definitely wanna jump it when it's up.

Svejk

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2019, 05:30:48 PM »
Not yet..  Seems a bit weird how their doing this, because it seems like they're only favoring those that have signed up like years ago...  I signed up for the prior beta, but didn't get it, so I'm a bit in the fog on how/if it'll be available...  they simply say,
"How do I participate in Dreams Early Access?
That’s an easy one! You’ll be able to purchase Dreams Early Access from PlayStation Store on April 16, 2019."
But I feel something isn't going to make it that easy...  just being negative I guess.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/03/28/dreams-early-access-begins-april-16/

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2019, 11:09:57 PM »
Sony will gut the studio like Evolution (Driveclub) after this is out.
They already gutting them before the game is done

Svejk

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 11:34:37 AM »

thisismyusername

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2019, 11:57:18 AM »
MM like Team Ico are kept around for their artsy side

...Uh, Team ICO got shitcanned in 2011 for how long they took with TrICO, dude. :doge

Bebpo

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2019, 10:22:07 AM »
Bought EA on a lark. Most of what's been made so far is pretty bad, but I'm mostly in it to dig into the creation tools.
zzzzz

Bebpo

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2019, 12:06:48 PM »
I checked my download last night and apparently it had stopped midway because a system update had come out and it won't finish downloading until I update my PS4 firmware  :-\

I always like to wait a few days on new firmware to make sure it's not blowing shit up, so I guess I'll try Dreams over the weekend.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2019, 12:08:54 PM »
Imagine paying for dreams. I get that shit for free at night.

Svejk

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2019, 04:22:30 PM »
My daughter dabbled with it some today.  Went through most the tutorials.  I need to try them out as well... It's a bit more overwhelming than I expected.  Plus I need to try with both the DS4 and the Move controllers.  Not sure wtf Mm was thinking with their Hug Me demo.  Some sadistic shit there.

Svejk

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2019, 05:48:56 PM »
The potential this app has  :leon ...  good things are coming.... good things.

Bebpo

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2019, 02:16:27 AM »
Tried this for like an hour playing people's creations. It's pretty clear with this engine you can do:

Great art/visuals
Great sound/music

But every game had aaaawful jank controls & physics. People talked shit on LBP's physics but I didn't have much of an issue with LBP but this is jank. I feel like when the full game comes out MM better have some game demos they've made that have good controls because if the people who made the engine can't make anything that feels non-janky idk.

That being said, I can see this engine working for stuff like Walking Simulators and Adventure/Puzzle games where controls are less of an issue.

Definitely interested in getting into the creation tools when I have some time to do the tutorials.

bluemax

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2019, 02:18:50 AM »
So its a prettier LBP.
NO

Bebpo

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2019, 02:22:52 AM »
Eh, it doesn't really seem anything like LBP to me. I really liked LBP. Part of me thinks with Dreams maybe they should have just focused on it being a 3d platformer maker since the 3d platformer stuff in Dreams controls the best so far and seems pretty doable (there are some good 3d platformer stuff already like Shifting Islands). But I also appreciate how expansive Dreams is in concept.

The Encounter was the best thing I tried from the couple dozen I tested. But it was essentially a walking sim which is why I think that might be what works best with Dreams.

Bebpo

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2019, 03:17:34 AM »
Wow, besides the dumb Sora thing that first track truly is dank and the animation in the third one looks great.

Definitely potential in this.

Svejk

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2019, 02:22:16 PM »
I haven't even gotten to any of the music making tutorials...  Holy Shit it reminds me of MTV Music Generator 1!!  It consumed many, many months of my gaming time.
 This app, man.... 
Every PS console from here in out should have this preinstalled moving forward.
 :rollsafe

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2019, 04:09:46 PM »

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2019, 10:11:28 PM »
It took me a few hours but I created the foundation for a stealth game complete with super precise enemy vision cones that can't detect you if you're behind cover.
zzzzz

Svejk

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2019, 02:18:22 PM »

Svejk

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2019, 12:54:10 PM »

:obama

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2019, 07:58:22 PM »
wtf

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2019, 09:40:16 PM »
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2019, 10:40:45 PM »
That's... pretty awesome there!

Svejk

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2020, 09:28:59 AM »
Early Access users have the official launch patch up!  Standard launch is Friday the 14th.  I can finally play/dabble this without fear for losing any work.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
some launch tuneage...  :D

[close]

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2020, 12:54:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/46frsts_dreams/status/1166385170275913728

so much potential, excited to see what people come up with

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2020, 08:38:40 PM »
So this shipped for real. I’m playing Red’s Dream right now, the full length (well, two hour) Media Molecule game. Basically it’s your standard MM game in that it looks and sounds utterly astonishing, and has mooshy platforming and bad writing (also there are songs, that kind of suck, but have amazing visuals).

Svejk

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2020, 12:54:52 PM »
Glad to see they revamped the tutorials.  It's more user friendly without the screen hindering pop-up videos with clunky control scheme.  This game, or app even, is truly something else.  My daughter and I are loving it, though we've barely nicked the surface of it.  Moving forward, every PS console should have this included, making every PS a Dev kit so to speak. 

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

thisismyusername

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2020, 08:59:34 AM »
wtf

>"Parkour."
>It's just Spider-manning around
:goty2 I don't know what I expected.jpg :goty2

So this shipped for real. I’m playing Red’s Dream right now, the full length (well, two hour) Media Molecule game. Basically it’s your standard MM game in that it looks and sounds utterly astonishing, and has mooshy platforming and bad writing (also there are songs, that kind of suck, but have amazing visuals).
"Bad writing."

Hey, Buddy! I liked LBP1-2's story!

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2020, 09:04:46 AM »

Insane
What

Bebpo

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2020, 04:12:11 PM »
Bethesda games have such jank gameplay already, I'm not surprised you can make a pretty decent replica in Dreams.

Svejk

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2020, 09:54:40 AM »
Dreams does open world decently it seems...

:leon

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2020, 03:01:59 PM »
Are people's dreams really just shittier versions of games that already exist?

kingv

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2020, 03:20:07 PM »
The Pilgrim looks pretty neat.

bluemax

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2020, 11:43:55 PM »
Are people's dreams really just shittier versions of games that already exist?

People do the same thing with any mod kit/game engine whatever that comes out. Then there's people who make cool original stuff.
NO

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2020, 01:20:04 AM »
This is out? I can finally make my Me and Filler in the Back of a U-Haul dream?
serge

Coffee Dog

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2020, 10:18:00 AM »
Maybe it's just me being a cynic, but when the little big planet games came and went, years of levels generated without anyone making anything more than cheap novelties, I have little hope that this'll be any different, right down to the "you could theoretically make an entire game like this, not that anyone really would" Kotaku headlines

User generated content  :yuck

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2020, 02:29:36 PM »
This is out? I can finally make my Me and Filler in the Back of a U-Haul dream?

Salo 2: User Generated Subterfuge
:9

TVC15

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2020, 03:24:34 PM »
So has anyone fucked with this yet? I’m going to play with it when I get home. I really hope I can craft a scene of wildly inappropriate sexual imposition in under an hour.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2020, 11:19:10 PM »
Review: Considering how often I dream of high school, sitting through this game’s endless tutorials sort of makes the game live up to its name.
serge

bluemax

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2020, 12:33:01 AM »
Review: Considering how often I dream of high school, sitting through this game’s endless tutorials sort of makes the game live up to its name.

Our lead designer at work said this game has a great tutorial/one of the best FTUEs he has ever seen.
NO

TVC15

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2020, 12:41:07 AM »
They really are well done. There are just a lot of them. The tutorials play PiP as you use the UI, and you can drag the vids around the screen so they don’t block anything. It’s very slick. The UI itself seems to make a lot of sense for what the game does.
serge

thisismyusername

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2020, 12:49:33 AM »
So has anyone fucked with this yet? I’m going to play with it when I get home. I really hope I can craft a scene of wildly inappropriate sexual imposition in under an hour.

You can, but you probably shouldn't upload it to MM's servers. :doge

Svejk

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2020, 08:19:13 AM »
They've improved the UI a lot from the Early Access build.  They really have done a great job with it.

You can, but you probably shouldn't upload it to MM's servers. :doge
I'm sure there'll be a reddit or 4chan of "Dirty Dreams" that gets rejected by MM.  Once VR support is up and people making lewd interactive puppets with the Move controllers....   :takei

bluemax

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2020, 09:58:47 PM »
Found this Twitch stream of a guy making an RPG in Dreams:

https://www.twitch.tv/aecert
NO

TVC15

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2020, 02:47:40 PM »
It’s pretty expansive from what I saw. I’m excited about the upcoming VR support.
serge

Bebpo

« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2020, 03:57:12 AM »
Hadn't touched this since early access. Finally updated it and started Art's Dream. Pretty nice stuff, will finish it for sure.

As much as LBP/Dreams engines and community are awesome, I really like the teams SP content. LBP campaigns and Tearaway were all fantastically charming and Art's Dream has that too. They really deserve to maintain Sony funding for artsy single player games though I'm guessing Dreams will eat up all their dev time for the next decade as they expand and improve it.

Svejk

« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2020, 08:31:00 AM »

:leon