Author Topic: Apex Legends: F2P three-person-team Battle Royale from Respawn  (Read 31979 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Apex Legends: F2P three-person-team Battle Royale from Respawn
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2019, 08:40:18 AM »
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2019, 11:29:48 PM »
This is a great video game and I'm happy for Respawn Entertainment's continued success. Eagerly anticipating the battle pass and future updates. Bless up.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2019, 11:57:04 PM »
how can you say the game is good without dropping video clips accompanied by rap  ???

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #124 on: March 03, 2019, 12:56:51 AM »
After playing mostly fat, big hitbox characters I think Bangalore is the GOAT.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2019, 06:40:09 AM »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2019, 03:07:11 PM »
How has this shit attitude been working out for you? Bless up.

all my heroes are dead.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2019, 10:00:03 AM »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2019, 11:27:28 AM »

fire
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 02:23:37 AM by MMaRsu »
What

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2019, 11:22:42 PM »
God has finally arrived

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2019, 02:20:14 AM »
5 kills within minutes  8)

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mmarsu-nl/video/70694751

Two wins last night with around 8 kills feelsgoodman
What

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2019, 02:46:40 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/ay5hh2/live_balance_update_live_on_all_platforms_lets/

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hey everyone!

First off, we know you folks are fired up for info on Season 1 and Battle Pass. We still have work to do to get everything ready for prime time and won’t be talking about it yet. There are a lot of moving parts and coordination that go into big announcements and launches like this so please be patient. I know the wait sucks but it’s coming and ask that you all please be patient with us.

Over the course of this week we’ll be talking about a few hot topics and we’re kicking things off today with a patch that is live on all platforms with some fixes, our first tweaks to the meta, and we'll give a preview of how we’ll be addressing Legend balance and hitboxes for Season 1. To talk about how we’re thinking about game balance and some changes we’ve made, I’d like introduce designers, Lee, Sean, and Brent who will give their POV and we’ll all stick around for a bit to answer questions.

I want to set the expectation that there will be lots of things we can’t talk about yet. We won’t be confirming or revealing any future content or features in the questions.

I’ll let the guys take it from here:

Leeeeeee-RSPN here with RespawnSean, Jayfresh_Respawn & Scriptacus to give a quick update on how we think about live balance at Respawn and the current state of live balance for Apex.

HOW WE THINK ABOUT LIVE BALANCE AT RESPAWN

https://i.redd.it/i3dk528qzkk21.jpg

TL;DR - We make less frequent, better tested, higher impact balance changes in order to minimize the impacts on your time spent mastering the game.

A core philosophy of our development process for Apex Legends is to listen to player feedback, parse through all the data we get from the game, try things, and then playtest them a ton to get them just right. And… repeat. The goal is to ship polished, closer to the mark updates than if we got things out rapidly and iterated in the live environment. We know y'all are putting a ton of time into the game and mastering every nuance (like Wraith portalling people off cliffs for the final kill lolz). Our goal is to make less frequent, better tested, higher impact changes, so it minimizes the effects on your time spent mastering a particular mechanic, weapon, character, etc. You shouldn't have to read our patch notes every few days just to keep up with how characters and weapons now work.

The exception here is that we will be very quick to adjust things that are way out of balance (for example, if we released a new character that completely dominates the meta from Day 1, we'd address it ASAP).

We didn’t want to make any hasty changes around launch, because we know a ton of players are still learning the game with lots of new Legends dropping in everyday. The week one meta vs. the week two / three meta was meaningfully different from what we've seen, so want to make it sure it settles a bit before we act. For example, Mirage’s power level has dropped a bit as players have adapted to getting Bamboozled. :) We want to let you know we're constantly reviewing the state of the game and considering and testing a variety of changes.

With the above philosophy in mind, I wanted to give a quick update on where we stand with the current state of character and weapon balance and provide an early preview of the things we’re planning to do for Season 1.

WEAPON BALANCE

https://i.redd.it/fj9qpgvrzkk21.jpg

Overall, we feel that the current weapons present solid options for a variety of gameplay styles. We've found that the Skullpiercer Wingman has been on the stronger end, but it’s designed to be a weapon with a higher skill ceiling. Our adjustments are attempting to move it more into the hand cannon space and away from full auto Deagle. We’ve also adjusted the rate of fire of the Peacekeeper with Shotgun Bolt attachment, so players will have a larger window of vulnerability if they miss their shot. Additionally, the scarcity of energy ammo and lower number of energy weapons overall has made those weapons difficult to main, so we’ve increased energy weapon and ammo availability.

WEAPON ADJUSTMENTS LIVE ON ALL PLATFORMS

Wingman
Rate of fire reduced from 3.1 -> 2.6 shots per second.
Skullpiercer Headshot damage multiplier reduced from 2.5 -> 2.25
Increased base hip fire spread and decreased the rate at which hip fire spread decays (shrinks back down).
Peacekeeper
Shotgun Bolt rechamber rate has been reduced for the Peacekeeper only.
Level 1 mitigation 10% -> 7.5%
Level 2 mitigation 20% -> 13%
Level 3 mitigation 25% -> 16%
Wingman and Peacekeeper availability has been reduced in all zone tiers.
Increased availability of energy weapons & ammo in all zone tiers.

Why no P2020 or Mozambique buffs?

We love y’all’s ‘Bique memes, so we’re hesitant to lose that :P
In all seriousness, our goal is to have a power curve of weapons. "Power curve" just means that some weapons will be weaker and more common, while others will be stronger and rarer. Some weapons are intentionally less powerful until fully purp’d with hopups and attachments, while other weapons on the bottom of the power curve are your early game, better-than-melee, but-gotta-upgrade-out-of-ASAP weapons. We’ve seen some good feedback from players about how to make these pistols more exciting without losing out on the goal above that we’re listening to. We’ll be continuing to watch player data and feedback and trying things out internally but for now, they’ll remain the same.

ADDITIONAL PATCH NOTES

Fixed some script errors that we identified were occasionally causing disconnects during matches.
Caustic occasionally causing disconnects while throwing is Ultimate.
Pathfinder occasionally causing disconnects when activating a Survey Beacon.
Players occasionally causing disconnects when removing an attachment.
Gibraltar occasionally causing disconnects when pulling up his Gun Shield.
Players occasionally causing disconnects when entering Spectate Mode.

ADDRESSING LEGEND BALANCE AND HITBOX FEEDBACK

https://i.redd.it/taz9cycvzkk21.jpg

TL;DR Our goal is to be able to have characters with different rig sizes, hitboxes and ability kits, and still have each character be roughly equal in power level, win rate and viability of pick.

For character balance, we look at a combination of things: pick rate, win rate, and character v. character matchup win rate among other metrics, and, of course, player feedback. The results between the 5 small and medium rig characters have been positive - they are all in a safe band of relatively equal power. Our large rig characters, however, are underpowered and their natural size appears to be a large contributor. We’re planning on adjusting the size of the large character hitboxes to better fit the model. If these changes are insufficient to bring these characters in line, we’re also considering a range of other changes such as natural damage reduction as well as individual kit power tweaks. Because many of these changes are significant, we want to make sure they are heavily tested before they go live, in the event they are necessary. Below is a quick overview on the roadmap of how we’re thinking about bringing large characters back in line.

Overall, we want to try to increase the power level of the large rig characters, before we consider large nerfs to everyone else. While we’ve made small adjustments, we’re hopeful that increasing the power of large rigs is healthier than nerfing everyone else.

LEGEND ADJUSTMENTS WE'LL MAKE AT THE START OF SEASON 1

https://i.redd.it/1fp7x5pyzkk21.jpg

Major balance changes:

Hit box size reductions and optimizations for Caustic, Pathfinder and Gibraltar
We’re better sizing hitboxes to character gear & model
Since these adjustments have a MAJOR impact on the game, we want to make sure there aren't any major bugs, so we didn’t want to rush them out
If these adjustments prove to be insufficient, we’ll consider additional adjustments during Season 1

Minor balance changes:

Caustic
Traps - Reduced cooldown to 25 seconds from 30 seconds
Traps - Increased radius and proximity radius by about 10%
Traps - Removed a 1 second delay on the smoke dealing damage to players
Pathfinder
Insider Knowledge - Increased the number of beacons in the world to 12 from 10
Lifeline
Care Package - Removed slight chance that level 4 armor and helmets will drop
Wraith
Into The Void - Cooldown increased from 20 -> 25 seconds
Bangalore
Double Time - Reduced move speed bonus to 30% from 40%

We appreciate all the feedback and please keep it coming! As you are playing these changes let us know how they feel, we’ll be around for a while for questions :)
[close]
___

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 12:37:41 PM by toku »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2019, 08:45:46 PM »
How has this shit attitude been working out for you? Bless up.

all my heroes are dead.
https://streamable.com/vmwis
https://streamable.com/kd3al

[close]

https://twitter.com/neko_kk2/status/1104227590074556416

YOU ARE THE NEW KILL LEADER.

YOU ARE THE CHAMPION.

(That was a lot of fun to watch!)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2019, 05:56:49 AM »
Check it out..We were the last team alive and I was greedy af and wanted the supply drops 🤷🏼‍♂️.. Then my team got killed.. I took one guy down and was about to res them when this happened..

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mmarsu-nl/video/70874526
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2019, 02:03:40 PM »
What

Dickie Dee

« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2019, 06:14:34 PM »
Check it out..We were the last team alive and I was greedy af and wanted the supply drops 🤷🏼‍♂️.. Then my team got killed.. I took one guy down and was about to res them when this happened..

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mmarsu-nl/video/70874526

Clutch bamboozle at the end.
___

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2019, 04:18:18 AM »
Gave this a go yesterday. Played two games which consisted of wandering around looking for loot, then wandering around looking for someone to shoot. Them my team got slaughtered.

Is there a way to practice so that as a noob I'm not such a liability to my team?
Spud

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: March 12, 2019, 06:22:47 AM »
Yeah play more and drop hotter if you want to practice shooting..dont spend 10mins looting

Dont care about being a liability usually there are 1 or 2 noobs on random teams anyway
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2019, 01:25:33 PM »
No Battle Pass today ;(

Hey Friends,

So between the datamining and the unintentional update about Season 1 on Origin today, there’s been a lot of speculation and confusion so we wanted to give some clarity:

We’ll be providing details on Season 1, Battle Pass, and the next Legend very soon. It’s not coming out today.

There’s lots of stuff that has been datamined from Apex since launch and is swirling around the Internet. We know this stuff is fun to dig up and speculate about, but you should not treat any of that info as a source of truth. There’s stuff in there that is very old, or things we’ve tried in the past and cut--remember our design process is to prototype and play lots of ideas--and some of it may be things we’re still building for Apex Legends. Finding this stuff by no means confirms that it’ll ever come out. At best you should treat any posts about this as a rumor and the real info will come from us when we’re ready to show off what’s coming next.

Thank you to everyone for staying patient through this and hang tight. We’re excited to get Season 1 kicked off and having you grinding on that Battle Pass with a new Legend to master soon.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 03:07:10 PM by MMaRsu »
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2019, 05:57:12 PM »
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 10:44:53 PM by toku »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: March 13, 2019, 11:48:48 AM »
Not on consoles tho
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2019, 08:06:59 AM »
This guy found a jumppad in his game?

https://twitter.com/dct15_/status/1106655012636233734
What

Dickie Dee

« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2019, 10:08:49 AM »
It's in the game now - I just used one about 15 min ago. There's a coupe outside of the Market.
___

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2019, 01:22:53 PM »
Feel safe betting on battle pass coming this Tuesday.

Dickie Dee

___

Dickie Dee

« Reply #151 on: March 18, 2019, 02:14:58 PM »
Octane dropping tomorrow too
___

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #152 on: March 18, 2019, 03:28:31 PM »
uWu
Shattered Forest Finish
fun with portals and podcasts
but anakin! we have the high ground!
based r-99

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/season-1-battle-pass-philosophy
Battle Pass Season 1 Philosophy

TL;DR Season 1 is about keeping it focused and allowing players to earn a lot of rewards at a great value (you even get the cost of the base Battle Pass back if you reach level 97).  We’ll begin adding more and more innovations each season, as we evolve the Battle Pass.

Our first Battle Pass is all about letting you continue to learn and experiment with the core Apex Legends experience while earning awesome loot at the same time. You’ll notice the first version isn’t built around a complex quest system where you need to do a 720 backflip off of Watchtower Artemis and get two Wingman headshots before hitting the ground. While we think there’s really cool design space in quests and challenges for future Battle Passes, we wanted the initial version to allow our players to just play and learn the game.

All of the rewards in the Wild Frontier Battle Pass are exclusive to Season 1 and will never return to the game after the season ends (excluding Apex Packs and the content dropped in them).
https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/battle-pass

PS store leak:
Meet Octane
After blowing his legs off in a record-breaking gauntlet speed-run, Octavio “Octane” Silva is diving into the Apex Games with metal legs and even bigger ambitions. He’s searching for the ultimate adrenaline rush by using his death-defying moves to become an Apex Champion.

His Adrenaline Junkie ability lets him trade health for speed, and an endless supply of Stim health regeneration means he’s always ready for action. His Launch Pad Ultimate Ability lets his squad fly through the air with the greatest of ease. Jump into Apex Legends and play Octane today!

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2019, 06:07:31 PM »
Started playing on PC, really enjoying it but I can't hit shit (especially with the wingman) unless they're nearly still   :dead
Luckily been carried to 3 wins

Also used that origin access exploit for the 1000 apex coins so free battle pass   :rejoice

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2019, 10:37:32 PM »
You, uncultured swine: Wow this BP sucks, where is my space suit, and reaper scythe melee weapon?

Me, intelligent, handsome, full of faith and god's love: Wow I get more progression shit, a dope character and continued support of one of the best mp fps devs to do it for a game that had zero cost of entry:

https://twitter.com/Fobwashed/status/1108136393656553472

:rejoice

titanfall forever, none of these kids deserve respawn
[close]

Coax

« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2019, 11:08:11 AM »
Interestingly been seeing news if you change your region to Belgium in the EA account settings it replaces the Rare/Epic/Legendary packs from the Battle Pass to crafting metals instead, due to the country's anti-lootbox legislation.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2019, 12:22:11 PM »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

eleuin

• perennial loser

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #162 on: April 08, 2019, 10:34:50 AM »
I'm going to keep posting these because they're legit impressive  :doge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #163 on: April 09, 2019, 09:49:58 PM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2019, 05:34:06 PM »
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2019, 12:09:49 PM »

eleuin

• perennial loser

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2019, 08:46:37 PM »
https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/an-update-on-apex-legends?isLocalized=true

I'm actually okay. Titanfall forever. I still believe in Respawn. Bless up.
[close]
[close]

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2019, 10:45:23 PM »
Lastly, regarding other games in development at Respawn, it is important to understand that there are entirely separate development teams working on Apex Legends and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Additionally, in order to fully support Apex Legends, we are pushing out plans for future Titanfall games. No resources from the Apex Legends team are being shifted to other titles in development here at the studio, nor are we pulling resources from the team working on Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
I don't believe you dot jpeg

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #172 on: May 13, 2019, 09:26:59 AM »
When’s the next update planned
dur

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #173 on: May 13, 2019, 11:53:16 AM »
When’s the next update planned

EA Play they're gonna show season 2 i think, but patch this week fixing somethings also I believe.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: May 26, 2019, 02:50:38 PM »
Hmm okay no
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #177 on: May 26, 2019, 02:51:28 PM »
What?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2019, 08:29:44 AM »
Meh dead boring game is dead

Also fuck Respawn. Shitty ass customer service and shitty ass communication with fanbase
What