Cryo

Re: HOLLOW KNIGHT 2 (!)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 07:01:40 AM »
holy fucking shit

Team Cherry  :noah :lawd :gladbron

Coax

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 07:14:55 AM »
Liking the more colorful palette. Not sure if the original had more colorful sections but all I saw from screenshots was fairly monochomatic.

Svejk

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 08:11:59 AM »
Wow... this looks helluva better than the first.  Impressive

Bebpo

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 12:08:55 PM »
Was expecting an expansion based off the Godhome ending, but a full sequel? Hell yes.
Glad I just spent last month playing through the first game. I am so ready for this. Give me more Nightmare King Grimm boss battles.
...and less endurance colesium stuff or dumb flower carrying quests.

Will be interesting where the story goes, since in the godhome ending

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Abyss/Void leaks out into the rest of the world and The Knight from game one is taken over by it. The teaser ended with Hornet about to fight the Knight.

Wonder if this kingdom will be about the origin of the void
[close]

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 12:09:38 AM »
Bebs mentioned the first one and it looks great so I decided to buy it. Wish me luck!
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 02:25:09 PM »
Seeing so many inspired elements here. Metroid, Zelda, Castlevania, Cave Story. It's good. And it gets reasonably hard, too. Castle was fucking me up.
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 02:06:52 AM »
watcher knights are impossible, I'm quitting the game
每天生气

Bebpo

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 03:58:59 AM »
Yeah that’s totally understandable, it’s like the only RNG fight in the entire game. I can beat it most of the time if I try now but sometimes I still die.

Couple things before you bail. First you can kill one of the watcher knights by going up a secret passage in the room before on the ceiling and dropping the chandelier killing one before the battle starts. Still a hard fight but one less is one less.

Next, HK is incredibly non-linear. You could do 95% of the main game and save Watcher Knights for last and then go fight the final boss after. So go do the rest of the game get more nail upgrades and charms and hearts and fight it at the end and win.

In the fight itself you want to stay in the center of the arena and not on either side or you get cornered and fucked. You want to be doing a lot of damage fast so you’re killing them as quickly as they are forming so you never have to deal with more than two at any time. Quick nail is good for that with one of the longer reach ones. You can also abuse invincibility frames during magic attacks to get out of tight spots. I beat them personally using down magic dives to get out of tight spots but ymmv.

shosta

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 09:35:41 PM »
Turns out I was up at Watcher Knights way too early. Didn't have the double jump. I downslashed on a vase and just barely jumped off the ledge to get to the next floor of the tower. Oops :dead

Some of these areas are really challenging me. Deepnest was extremely intimidating.
每天生气

Bebpo

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2019, 11:08:32 PM »
Deepnest is a pretty endgame area. I think it was my last area to explore. Game is soooooo non-linear.

shosta

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2019, 11:24:31 PM »
I haven't liked a game this much since Fez.
每天生气