Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3803557 times)

BisMarckie

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #14340 on: May 06, 2019, 06:07:37 PM »
You can argue that the industry is. Video game fans however are incredibly right leaning. If that fact wasnt true then this website would not exist. Resetera is considered to be the "safe space" for left leaning gamers and as far as I know it's the only gaming forum that takes any sort of real stance against gamergate bullshit.

Venture outside this site and it's a wild world of conspiracy theories and alt right bullshit.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

To be fair, we do have a conspiracy theory AND a wank dad thread.  :doge

Boredfrom

« Reply #14341 on: May 06, 2019, 06:11:02 PM »
Game studios are also against unions (remember how the industry took the VA strike), a living wage and love working people to death and replacing them quick.

On top of that, they seem to be sexist, transphobic and actively against a diverse workplace from the pics, hiring and promoting practices we see.

Definitely right leaning traits. They want to appear left or apolitical and inclusive but their actions and how they treat employees speaks volumes.

:lol

PogiJones

« Reply #14342 on: May 06, 2019, 06:11:09 PM »
Posters lining up to suck off an admin over a 3/10 joke  :goldberg

How’s that any different from here?   :kermit

The sucking off is not a metaphor over here. :rash

And we needn't wait for a joke.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

BisMarckie

« Reply #14344 on: May 06, 2019, 06:15:55 PM »
Maybe all these people upset about Waypoint folding should have watched their content. Because these Youtube and Twitch numbers aren't pretty. :kermit

Boredfrom

« Reply #14345 on: May 06, 2019, 06:16:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/waypoint-folded-back-into-vice-games-immediately-loses-unique-editorial-voice.115474/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAA

So they got rolled into the main section where a freelancer wrote about sticking a switch controller up his butt....

https://twitter.com/viceunion/status/1125431514429370370

But RE says:

The OP created this thread based entirely on misreading a tweet as representative of The Site Formerly Known as Waypoint losing its voice overnight despite the fact that everyone involved at the site is still there.

Don’t read to much in that ominous tweet from their fucking Union...

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #14346 on: May 06, 2019, 06:19:17 PM »
If this thread continues to veer off-topic I will personally request it to be locked. I did not make this thread for people to air their grievances about Bernie Sanders/his supporters, nor did I make it to serve as a haven for people to rally their support around him. Please discuss the topic relevant to this thread if you want it to remain active. Thank you.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bernie-sanders-unveils-plan-to-revitalize-rural-america-its-pretty-damn-comprehensive.115298/post-20517692

:badass

(Image removed from quote.)

That thread is too fucking funny. So many people so quick to slag off rural America - don't they realize that's where so much of our food comes from? Yes, including their tendies... Not to mention the strategy of giving the middle finger to the 'deplorables' in flyover country worked out so well for YASSS QUEENNN
^_^

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14347 on: May 06, 2019, 06:19:55 PM »
Waypoint gone.

You mean writing dumb shit how you are offended by everything isn't profitable?

:pika
🤴

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #14348 on: May 06, 2019, 06:29:58 PM »
I can't wait until this Age of Offendatrons is over.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #14349 on: May 06, 2019, 06:30:35 PM »
Uh no because the logic is that the individual doesn't need to be right-leaning to contribute to a right leaning system. Which, depending on where you live, is pretty much the default state of living, yes. Though if you're in Europe you're probably contributing to a social democracy which is at least not especially right leaning.

Someone tell that to THQ Nordic.  :doge

the individual doesn't need to be right-leaning to contribute to a right leaning system

curious whether one doesn't need to be left-leaning to contribute to a left-leaning system  :thinking
Uncle

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #14350 on: May 06, 2019, 06:31:30 PM »
Uh no because the logic is that the individual doesn't need to be right-leaning to contribute to a right leaning system. Which, depending on where you live, is pretty much the default state of living, yes. Though if you're in Europe you're probably contributing to a social democracy which is at least not especially right leaning.

Someone tell that to THQ Nordic.  :doge

the individual doesn't need to be right-leaning to contribute to a right leaning system

curious whether one doesn't need to be left-leaning to contribute to a left-leaning system  :thinking

yes.

I skipped the presidential address, so I'm about as left-wing as you can get now.

thetylerrob

« Reply #14351 on: May 06, 2019, 06:32:02 PM »
Patrick Klepek sinks another publication, fuckin toxic white male

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #14352 on: May 06, 2019, 06:35:01 PM »
Waypoint gone.

You mean writing dumb shit how you are offended by everything isn't profitable?

:pika

At least Waypoint gave us one of my favorite Bore emotes before they up and kicked the bucket:
:exxy :exxy :exxy
^_^

stufte

« Reply #14353 on: May 06, 2019, 06:45:36 PM »

:dead

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14354 on: May 06, 2019, 06:46:37 PM »
 :miyamoto

thetylerrob

« Reply #14355 on: May 06, 2019, 06:51:29 PM »
Giant bomb will eventually hire some of the waypoint crew because game “journalism” is just a big twitter circle jerk

stufte

Averon

« Reply #14357 on: May 06, 2019, 07:01:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/waypoint-folded-back-into-vice-games-immediately-loses-unique-editorial-voice.115474/page-4#post-20528420
Their entire site was aiming directly at the resetera demographic and they weren’t even popular on this site.

Blunt but true :lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #14358 on: May 06, 2019, 07:03:27 PM »
Giant bomb will eventually hire some of the waypoint crew because game “journalism” is just a big twitter circle jerk

I hope they demote Ben like they indirectly did with Brad. I don’t hate him but he is so constantly unfunny.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14359 on: May 06, 2019, 07:05:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/waypoint-folded-back-into-vice-games-immediately-loses-unique-editorial-voice.115474/page-4#post-20528420
Their entire site was aiming directly at the resetera demographic and they weren’t even popular on this site.

Blunt but true :lol

Well, if the polls are anything to go by, most users have way different opinions than the sanctioned narrative is.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14360 on: May 06, 2019, 07:09:32 PM »
More like Naypoint amirite?

More like Gaypoint, amirite?  :-*
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #14361 on: May 06, 2019, 07:11:11 PM »
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/evazwk/prey-bethesda-women

How could they not immediately notice how obvious this is pandering?  Just trolling for woke views just like any other garbage clickbait article or video like "KERMIT PETERSON DESTROYS SJW MUST WATCH!!"
Uncle

Averon

« Reply #14362 on: May 06, 2019, 07:11:28 PM »
Also, this is just the first step towards Vice's eventual shutdown. I give them a couple years at most. Patrick has gone through enough of these upheavals to know the deal, or at least he should. Better start polishing that CV sooner rather than later.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14363 on: May 06, 2019, 07:12:17 PM »
Natalie's last day at Waypoint is this Friday

Just so everyone doesn't freak out this is UNRELATED to the changes to the website.

Listen to the new podcast guys, this movement has giving me hope for vice as a whole, they seems to be looking at the best parts of the brand and bring them in closer. Or I'm naive and Austin can sell me a real life gundam.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I remember when Austin and Patrick claiming the site was not dying some months ago.

PogiJones

« Reply #14364 on: May 06, 2019, 07:12:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/waypoint-folded-back-into-vice-games-immediately-loses-unique-editorial-voice.115474/post-20529048

I'll take the ban......

Fuck you, and fuck your stupid fucking "hot take".

How is that person's ban only 3 days for reveling in news like this and shit posting on a regular basis?

I was gonna give 80/20 odds of no "attacking another user" ban because he's on the "correct" side of an issue, but then the last sentence he criticizes the mods, and he's not DigitalOp. I now give him 10/90 odds of not getting banned.

BisMarckie

« Reply #14365 on: May 06, 2019, 07:13:05 PM »
Patrick Klepek has all the skills necessary to become a successful patreon grifter.
Or he could go to Polygon since he hasn‘t worked there yet.

zepblackstar

« Reply #14366 on: May 06, 2019, 07:13:27 PM »
Vice just got 250 million mostly from Soros charity, so they will be around at least thru 2020 election. The problem with waypoint is they weren't popular to stand by themselves and now bunched into other sites. Now Vice looking to make profit can compare which articles are getting clicked and what subjects work.

Also saying Walker lost his editor in chief title.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14367 on: May 06, 2019, 07:17:27 PM »
Patrick Klepek has all the skills necessary to become a successful patreon grifter.
Or he could go to Polygon since he hasn‘t worked there yet.

Except charisma and semblance of backbone.

PogiJones

« Reply #14368 on: May 06, 2019, 07:17:40 PM »
I only know of Waypoint from the image of the guy covering his eyes during some partial Yakuza nudity, was hard to take them seriously after that.

:exxy

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #14369 on: May 06, 2019, 07:18:31 PM »

I hope they demote Ben like they indirectly did with Brad. I don’t hate him but he is so constantly unfunny.
Wha? What did I miss?

Boredfrom

« Reply #14370 on: May 06, 2019, 07:21:29 PM »

Wha? What did I miss?

I was joking (Brad doesn’t seem to do much anymore compared to others).

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #14371 on: May 06, 2019, 07:26:08 PM »
What’s BAME?

Black Asian Middle-Eastern, I'd assume. Definitely took me a minute from :wtf 'ing over it.

Averon

« Reply #14372 on: May 06, 2019, 07:31:07 PM »
The whole industry has been built around conspicuous consumption and leisure for decades.

What do they expect video games to be if not a leisure-based activity?

stufte

« Reply #14373 on: May 06, 2019, 07:32:14 PM »
The whole industry has been built around conspicuous consumption and leisure for decades.

A political platform?

Boredfrom

« Reply #14374 on: May 06, 2019, 07:32:41 PM »
Mate, Era is corporate apologist central. It can't be that far left by definition.

It's fairly centrist, just more socially progressive than most gaming communities. The fact that people think this site is anything more left than that just shows how far right the overton window is.

Is a centrist forum that continues to shit talk anyone with centrist opinions... you could just say that you are a bunch of shallow hypocrites...

Averon

« Reply #14375 on: May 06, 2019, 07:39:35 PM »

A political platform?

Apparently so. Getting mad that a leisure based hobby is in fact a leisure based hobby is weird. It is like getting mad that sports are inherently competitive.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14376 on: May 06, 2019, 07:42:06 PM »
Look I like this place and it definitely leans further left then anywhere else of size worth mentioning I can think of but it's still all in an American viewpoint where leftism and liberalism are apparently the same thing. I know all Marxists got removed from the universities and basically all public life 40 years ago and were trying to get class consciousness into peoples heads from start but good lord

Waypoint wasnt perfect and leaned a bit into the general "I need a take for the week" that personality and OP-ed let projects always go to but they were trying to offer a rather unique view that's similar to what happened when GAF split off into this (that media is inherently political and observing that is important) I've never been convinced Vice would not fuck them and this doesnt help

I will not mind Waypoint politics if they were not terrible, confrontational and preachy about it. Austin said that he wanted to make “the Liza Simpson of video game websites” for god sake.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #14377 on: May 06, 2019, 07:45:35 PM »
It's 2019, sucking a dick doesn't make you gay. :gurl

stufte

« Reply #14378 on: May 06, 2019, 07:46:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/waypoint-folded-back-into-vice-games-immediately-loses-unique-editorial-voice.115474/post-20530084

Just pointing out that those, like myself, who tend to swing more to the right politically are unashamedly safe for women, mame and lgbt. Not an exclusive trait of left-wing political supporters...

Slightly tired of the rhetoric that swinging to the right = bad.

:drudge WE GOT ONE BOYS PERSONS!:drudge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
they're definitely safe for MAME, a multi arcade machine emulator of color
[close]

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #14379 on: May 06, 2019, 07:47:53 PM »

But it's so true.  It's like how the liquor industry has always been about alcohol consumption and drinking culture.

sigh

Boredfrom

« Reply #14380 on: May 06, 2019, 07:51:00 PM »

Maybe when they stop being racist, sexist assholes we can have that conversation.

:lol

stufte

« Reply #14381 on: May 06, 2019, 07:52:14 PM »
Everyone knows that the left is NEVER racist or sexist. They told me so themselves.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14382 on: May 06, 2019, 07:54:20 PM »
Y'all really falling for the same creatures that desperately try and bait people in the women character design thread lmfao wouldn't be me

sizusizu said:

Imagine being attached to your political beliefs that badly to be offended, imagine being a roach.

Holy fuck  :lol

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #14383 on: May 06, 2019, 07:55:00 PM »
Everyone knows that the left is NEVER racist or sexist. They told me so themselves.

Everytime someone says something to the effect of "but he's black/minority so he can't be racist," I just think of this guy 

And him restraining himself.    :ltg :bobby :ltg
sigh

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #14384 on: May 06, 2019, 07:55:13 PM »

If they contribute to a capitalist, right-leaning society, were they even leftist to begin with?
©@©™

stufte

« Reply #14385 on: May 06, 2019, 07:56:27 PM »

If they contribute to a capitalist, right-leaning society, were they even leftist to begin with?

Boredfrom

« Reply #14386 on: May 06, 2019, 07:57:56 PM »
The usual suspects are so mad about Waypoint dying.  :woody

Boredfrom

« Reply #14387 on: May 06, 2019, 07:59:22 PM »
They have handled a few situations poorly (this one, their fan fiction debacle) but a couple of examples of them doing something wrong and (imo anyway) not handling the criticism perfectly does not negate the overwhelming amount of good work they’ve done and, hopefully, will continue to do

Also swinging right is undeniably bad

Kappa

Tuckers Law

« Reply #14388 on: May 06, 2019, 07:59:49 PM »

Everytime someone says something to the effect of "but he's black/minority so he can't be racist," I just think of this guy  (Image removed from quote.)

And him restraining himself.    :ltg :bobby :ltg
Turns out Enzom wasn’t really all that racist, he was just policing his community so that they wouldn’t use words that aren’t theirs.
Nepenthe, now they’re pretty damn racist.  Did you know she wants to kill all white babies?

stufte

« Reply #14389 on: May 06, 2019, 08:00:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/waypoint-folded-back-into-vice-games-immediately-loses-unique-editorial-voice.115474/post-20530412

waypoint was the best in the business

i'm hopeful this reorganization won't affect quality of output too much

:crowdlaff :girlaff :crowdlaff

BisMarckie

« Reply #14390 on: May 06, 2019, 08:08:01 PM »
There was also the time Waypoint tried being clever by delivering GOTY content in the form of commissioned fanfiction and angered people with the publication of a forced feminization fic starring 9S from Nier: Automata. The response from trans readers was pretty strong against that.

:confused

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #14391 on: May 06, 2019, 08:10:53 PM »
There was also the time Waypoint tried being clever by delivering GOTY content in the form of commissioned fanfiction and angered people with the publication of a forced feminization fic starring 9S from Nier: Automata. The response from trans readers was pretty strong against that.

Waypoint is so open minded they comissioned a fetish fanfic to celebrate Nier Automata. I shit you not

Boredfrom

« Reply #14392 on: May 06, 2019, 08:12:03 PM »

It was wank material passed out as creating a conversation. It was essentially those mangas where Cream avatars came from.

BisMarckie

« Reply #14393 on: May 06, 2019, 08:12:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/waypoint-folded-back-into-vice-games-immediately-loses-unique-editorial-voice.115474/post-20530517
Who are you calling a liar? Two posts in and I am already experiencing toxicity on this forum. First, someone insinuates I am a cockroach and now this.

What a fantastic community the mods on Restera promote.

Let me guess the ban reason:

User banned(duration pending) Bad faith trolling, community whining, account still in junior phase.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14394 on: May 06, 2019, 08:13:43 PM »
He was definitely trolling (last post give it away) but most of the stuff he posted didn’t merit RE reactions.

Tory humblebragging on Era, a far left forum

Creatures afoot

RE is a left leaning forum again.  :lol

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #14396 on: May 06, 2019, 08:14:24 PM »
Just pointing out that those, like myself, who tend to swing more to the right politically are unashamedly safe for women, mame and lgbt.
Also that's a total lie and you know it.
:gddr5

BisMarckie

« Reply #14397 on: May 06, 2019, 08:15:14 PM »
Content warning: This story includes forced gender change, gender dysphoria, and the use of a gendered insult.

Update: An apology for the content of this story has been published on Waypoint's forums.

:dead

nudemacusers

« Reply #14398 on: May 06, 2019, 08:19:50 PM »
Of course woke waypoint would publish force gender change erotic fanfic
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #14399 on: May 06, 2019, 08:22:04 PM »
there’s a very distinct line between boku girl and sissy hypno and i dont think i need to tell you which side this falls on
  :whatisthis
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽