Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3804307 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #14760 on: May 08, 2019, 03:09:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/watchmen-debuts-this-fall-on-hbo-here%E2%80%99s-the-trailer.115846/

I think the watch motif is because its called WATCH-men. I dont know if you all noticed that

Do they think it's Watchmen as in a wrist watch?

I'm very confused.
so like, did they not even see the movie?

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]

Boredfrom

« Reply #14761 on: May 08, 2019, 03:11:07 PM »
Why the pirate flag? The whole pirate comic was a parallel story whose connection with the plot outside of symbolism was that the artist designed the squid alien. The only that could made that connection is Ozymandias, I don’t even think Manhattan cares to know about it. Hope they don’t use Dr Manhattan, but they are a bunch of hacks that they are probably going to use him badly.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #14762 on: May 08, 2019, 03:12:27 PM »
The doomsday clock is only literally the final image of every single issue, as well as referenced continually throughout

Boredfrom

« Reply #14763 on: May 08, 2019, 03:12:46 PM »
Rorschach is unambiguosly a right wing conspiracy nut, and thats literally the type of publication he sends his journal too; he would be a huge Alex Jones fan contemporaneously.
His expy is literally an Ayn Rand objectivist, and thats the take Alan Moore was using as the archetype, not the version Denny O'Neil made.

That he'd become a martyr for 'no such thing as aliens, its all a conspiracy' truthers is a pretty good concept.

e:
The cult obviously is also misguided as fuck given that Rorschach was not religious when he went outlaw vigilante.

arguable, his day job is walking around with a "THE END IS NIGH!" billboard, lol

He just outright said “there is no god that kills little girls, is just us, nobody else out there”.

PogiJones

« Reply #14764 on: May 08, 2019, 03:13:11 PM »
The insane speed at which RE is willing to cede ground to alt-right trolls (but they were really mad while doing it!) is staggering. "Okay" is one of the most used words in the world, and the simple gesture meaning okay is instantly ceded to a few 4chan trolls by RE and Twitter outrage addicts because they love suspecting people of being evil. If you losers just ignored the trolls, their trolling would be completely benign.

It's incredible how often these morons implement completely counterproductive actions to "combat evil."

benjipwns

« Reply #14765 on: May 08, 2019, 03:14:14 PM »
And here I thought Snyder was being a bit too on the nose with the watch imagery to help explain the metaphor Manhattan uses but...

Boredfrom

« Reply #14766 on: May 08, 2019, 03:16:19 PM »
And here I thought Snyder was being a bit too on the nose with the watch imagery to help explain the metaphor Manhattan uses but...

I mean, we’re dealin with damon lindelof, a David Lynch/Mark Frost wannabe that is not even good in that.

PogiJones

« Reply #14767 on: May 08, 2019, 03:17:04 PM »
But I guess "retreat but be mad about it" is basically RE's MO.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #14768 on: May 08, 2019, 03:17:37 PM »
I'm willing to bet 99% of the OK hand gestures used by people they disagree with are only being used to fuck with lefties. They know what they are doing in the sense that they know it's not really a white power symbol, but as certain as the sun will rise, morons on the left will lose their shit over it. The right is winning the trolling war, and it's apparently pathetically easy.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #14769 on: May 08, 2019, 03:17:48 PM »
The insane speed at which RE is willing to cede ground to alt-right trolls (but they were really mad while doing it!) is staggering. "Okay" is one of the most used words in the world, and the simple gesture meaning okay is instantly ceded to a few 4chan trolls by RE and Twitter outrage addicts because they love suspecting people of being evil. If you losers just ignored the trolls, their trolling would be completely benign.

It's incredible how often these morons implement completely counterproductive actions to "combat evil."

Its why I tried and failed to game theory out what possible benefit someone would get by ceding it.
Its not like if AOC-Chan flashed an OK sign at a photo op these dumbshits would start screaming about her being a white supremacist

benjipwns

« Reply #14770 on: May 08, 2019, 03:18:25 PM »

DE 👏 PLATFORMING 👏 WORKS 👏

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #14771 on: May 08, 2019, 03:18:35 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #14772 on: May 08, 2019, 03:19:18 PM »
I'm willing to bet 99% of the OK hand gestures used by people they disagree with are only being used to fuck with lefties. They know what they are doing in the sense that they know it's not really a white power symbol, but as certain as the sun will rise, morons on the left will lose their shit over it. The right is winning the trolling war, and it's apparently pathetically easy.

I seriously doubt that given the incidents were it’s being used. (Biggest example: Christchurch)

marrec

« Reply #14773 on: May 08, 2019, 03:19:43 PM »

iRoNiC rAcIsM iS sTiLl rAcIsM

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #14774 on: May 08, 2019, 03:20:51 PM »

DE 👏 PLATFORMING 👏 WORKS 👏
  DE PLATFORM! DE PLATFORM!
/

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #14775 on: May 08, 2019, 03:21:37 PM »
I was just at a Chinese noodle place yesterday and when the waitress came by to ask me how my meal was, I gave her the ok sign (because food was in my mouth). Then she gave me one back. I didn't even think about it.

So who's more of a white supremacist, me the filipino diner, or her the chinese waitress?
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #14776 on: May 08, 2019, 03:22:38 PM »

Not a fascist symbol? :gurl

stufte

« Reply #14777 on: May 08, 2019, 03:23:46 PM »

I seriously doubt that given the incidents were it’s being used. (Biggest example: Christchurch)

Everything that dude said and did surrounding that incident was in service of some sort of internet meme. I'm quite sure he used it for the same reason he said "subscribe to pewdiepie".

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #14778 on: May 08, 2019, 03:24:51 PM »
We should recognize that all Italians, like Propagandhim who mysteriously stopped posting after I made him buttmad for no reason, are inherently fascist on some level.
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #14779 on: May 08, 2019, 03:25:12 PM »

Everything that dude said and did surrounding that incident was in service of some sort of internet meme. I'm quite sure he used it for the same reason he said "subscribe to pewdiepie".

He even besmirched glorious Serbian propaganda music. :pacspit

benjipwns

« Reply #14780 on: May 08, 2019, 03:25:18 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Not a fascist symbol? :gurl
excuse me, sir, only the Nazis (and their heirs, the Republicans centrists) own the trademarks, copyrights and patents to fascism :gurl

Boredfrom

« Reply #14781 on: May 08, 2019, 03:26:09 PM »

Obviously, but is still clear it was a way to get certain people riled up (including people that would sympathize with him). Is like a self sustaining mass delusion...

benjipwns

« Reply #14782 on: May 08, 2019, 03:26:33 PM »
I was just at a Chinese noodle place yesterday and when the waitress came by to ask me how my meal was, I gave her the ok sign (because food was in my mouth). Then she gave me one back. I didn't even think about it.

So who's more of a white supremacist, me the filipino diner, or her the chinese waitress?
yes

PogiJones

« Reply #14783 on: May 08, 2019, 03:27:07 PM »

Suggesting there are degrees of white supremacy  :ufup Once you made that gesture, you may as well have attacked Ms.Galaxy yourself.

benjipwns

« Reply #14784 on: May 08, 2019, 03:28:23 PM »
Little people, Wilt says, get it all wrong even when they're trying to be polite. For example, whenever he gets on an airplane, the top of the door is about at his belt level, but the stewardess will always say, ''Don't forget to duck.'' Wilt shakes his head. ''What am I going to do?'' he asks. ''Bump into the door with my stomach?''
ACKNOWLEDGE 👏 YOUR 👏 PRIVILEGE 👏

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #14785 on: May 08, 2019, 03:29:17 PM »

We need some photos of Spencer, Notch, Boogie, Count Dankula, and Sargon gleefully enjoying marvel movies

No wait they could just say they're watching it in bad faith or leering at Black Widow lustfully

It needs to be more symbolic

Oh I got it, standing around wearing Disney/Marvel t-shirts

Huge gatherings of distasteful individuals all wearing Avengers t-shirts
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #14786 on: May 08, 2019, 03:31:07 PM »
just try and tell me this isn't a dogwhistle from the centrists at Disney

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #14787 on: May 08, 2019, 03:31:07 PM »

We need some photos of Spencer, Notch, Boogie, Count Dankula, and Sargon gleefully enjoying marvel movies

No wait they could just say they're watching it in bad faith or leering at Black Widow lustfully

It needs to be more symbolic

Oh I got it, standing around wearing Disney/Marvel t-shirts

Huge gatherings of distasteful individuals all wearing Avengers t-shirts

Isn't that any picture of a gathering of Marvel fans?

:ohyou
Uncle

stufte

« Reply #14788 on: May 08, 2019, 03:35:54 PM »
But can we all agree that people who tend to wear Deadpool tshirts are by far the worst?

No, people who wear the punisher shirts are the worst.

BisMarckie

« Reply #14789 on: May 08, 2019, 03:36:50 PM »
Punisher?
I just thought they were huge The Offspring fans :stahp

benjipwns

« Reply #14790 on: May 08, 2019, 03:37:53 PM »
the thing I hate most about ResetERA.com's treatment of "dog whistle" is how they eliminated the content part of the message supposedly hidden in the dog whistle

instead of saying "welfare queens" in place of saying "the niccers" now apparently the white supremacists just use "14" and "88%" in their Obama Agriculture Department press releases to simply signal "we racist too"

Boredfrom

« Reply #14791 on: May 08, 2019, 03:38:10 PM »
But can we all agree that people who tend to wear Deadpool tshirts are by far the worst?

Well, Matt was indeed the worst Best Friend.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #14792 on: May 08, 2019, 03:38:12 PM »

wrong, dbz shirts

benjipwns

« Reply #14793 on: May 08, 2019, 03:39:06 PM »
Punisher?
I just thought they were huge The Offspring fans :stahp
dear god, that's even worse

Then they came for the Crazy Taxi soundtrack...

Boredfrom

« Reply #14794 on: May 08, 2019, 03:39:07 PM »

wrong, dbz shirts

Wrong, My Little Pony shirts.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #14795 on: May 08, 2019, 03:39:32 PM »
 :stahp

id almost forgotten that pony shit

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #14796 on: May 08, 2019, 03:40:53 PM »

wrong, dbz shirts

MLP shirts on grown men

e:
Boredfrom  :rage

BisMarckie

« Reply #14797 on: May 08, 2019, 03:42:21 PM »

stufte

« Reply #14798 on: May 08, 2019, 03:42:29 PM »
MMA shirts too (Tapout,etc), it's usually a certain kind of dude.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14799 on: May 08, 2019, 03:43:25 PM »
Remember that woke asshole on Oldgaf, Partyphone?

Seems to be pulling something from Sweet Nicole’s girlfriend:

that's how he was elected in the first place along with voter suppression and an undemocratic election system. who is this undecided voter that might be swayed by Trump's impeachment? you're not making a lot of sense which seems to be the major criteria to become mod here.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-asserts-executive-privilege-over-full-mueller-report.115807/page-13#post-20589228

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #14800 on: May 08, 2019, 03:44:19 PM »
MMA shirts too (Tapout,etc), it's usually a certain kind of dude.
that doesn't work as much in my city because there's mma/bjj/ufc gyms on every goddamn block and everyone and their mom is doing that dumb shit at some level, because a bunch of famous ufc mans train here

jorma

« Reply #14801 on: May 08, 2019, 03:44:25 PM »
tshirts  :nope

tskirts :ohyeah

BisMarckie

« Reply #14802 on: May 08, 2019, 03:45:42 PM »
Naming voter suppression and an undemocratic system, but don‘t mention Russian meddling.
:kermit

benjipwns

« Reply #14803 on: May 08, 2019, 03:49:37 PM »
who the fuck is Matt

Boredfrom

« Reply #14804 on: May 08, 2019, 03:51:09 PM »
who the fuck is Matt

The mod or the Super Best Friend?

BisMarckie

« Reply #14805 on: May 08, 2019, 03:51:29 PM »
who the fuck is Matt

He had that Darkwing Duck avatar, I vaguely remember him from GAF.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #14806 on: May 08, 2019, 03:53:34 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #14807 on: May 08, 2019, 03:55:20 PM »
on my YouTube account I have proof of the Fox News-My Little Pony axis, please watch, like (this post), comment (anywhere you want) and subscribe (to Game Informer, for important video game journalism):

BisMarckie

« Reply #14808 on: May 08, 2019, 04:01:53 PM »
This is kinda awkward benji, but I am cinnamon groove.

benjipwns

« Reply #14809 on: May 08, 2019, 04:03:02 PM »
how did that search for Weird Al Yankovich turn out? we never found out

benjipwns

« Reply #14810 on: May 08, 2019, 04:06:19 PM »
http://forum.ponyville.net/

lol it's like encased in amber from 2017

benjipwns

« Reply #14811 on: May 08, 2019, 04:07:10 PM »
http://forum.ponyville.net/topic/7673-wrongful-mute/
A month ago some admin after I made ton of bad puns had decided to mute me and it would it be classified as obnoxious for making bad puns on a Hale like applejack?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #14812 on: May 08, 2019, 04:09:44 PM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #14813 on: May 08, 2019, 04:10:30 PM »
how did that search for Weird Al Yankovich turn out? we never found out

I misspelled Yankovic and it sent me down this rabbit hole of Yugoslavian propaganda music.

I was also permanently banned from ponyville.net.

benjipwns

« Reply #14814 on: May 08, 2019, 04:15:08 PM »
yikes

benjipwns

« Reply #14815 on: May 08, 2019, 04:17:35 PM »
https://www.deviantart.com/otakujay

The Pom thing started in the spring of '03. I was laid off from work, and had been for a year and a half, without having found steady work.

I was bored.

I went with my mother to the local A.C. Moore and wandered the aisles looking for something to do. I found a Shoebox craft kit for making cute PomPom animals.

Started making the animals in the instruction book, but quickly got bored. I wasn't really into cute animals, anyway.

But I saw the potential.

I made Pom figures loosely based off of myself and my girlfriend. Then made us a nemesis. Called him the Mighty Space Bastard. They didn't look bad, almost like characters from Gumby.

I started hoarding Poms. Back then, you could still get almost any color in any size without having to buy a big mixed bag.

I made the Aqua Teen Hunger Force, some more caricatures, some characters from various stories my girlfriend and I were working on, and some others.

Got interupted from just about everything that fall when I got married (sorry, ladies), but a few years later I got them back out when I was inspired to do the cast of Homestarrunner.com.

A few more charicatures, a few more story and R.P characters for my wife and her friends. This was around '05-'08.

Then Mattel began releasing the MOTU classics line of figures. I loved He-man figures. Remebered the ones I had as a kid. Unfortunately, they were twenty bucks apiece on their site, and sold out usually minutes after being released.

I couldn't afford to collect them like I wanted to.

But my Pom box caught my eye. I could make my own. Mwuahahaha!! And they would be just as I wanted them to be.

I started calling my creations Pomheroes.

This is my largest Pom endeavor to date. It is an ongoing process, and will be untill I make all the original figures as well as newer ones, and my own fan-fic ones. I plan to begin working on vehicles soon, as well, and possibly even a playset or two in the future.

My only other ongoing project with the Poms right now is making Pomheros of Characters from our Rogue Trader campaign. I've done one of each of the Players, and plan to do some of our favorite NPC's.

That's where I'm at currently. I'm just starting this Gallery, and am working on a nice foam and felt background piece to get some really good pics of the MOTU Pomheroes to upload. Oh, and I've also done a few Ewoks.

BisMarckie

« Reply #14816 on: May 08, 2019, 04:19:05 PM »
That I haven‘t been interested in Ponies for over a year was a lie because I was hurt. :fbm

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #14817 on: May 08, 2019, 04:20:14 PM »
This is the post that will prevent from holding office

benjipwns

« Reply #14818 on: May 08, 2019, 04:21:33 PM »
The former Cinnamon Groove:

dude collects Funko dolls now apparently because of course he fucking does

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #14819 on: May 08, 2019, 04:23:28 PM »
evil atra