Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3889886 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #34080 on: July 29, 2019, 09:04:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kotaku-twitch-streamers-plan-‘slutstream’-to-raise-awareness-of-online-harassment.131842/

This individual has a podcast with Boogie2988.
damn I did not know that. I clearly have a lot to learn about Twitch culture.

I'm 90% sure that Sankara is Lime's new alt

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #34081 on: July 29, 2019, 09:47:41 PM »
Quote from: Aldous Huxley
The surest way to work up a crusade in favor of some good cause is to promise people they will have a chance of maltreating someone. To be able to destroy with good conscience, to be able to behave badly and call your bad behavior 'righteous indignation' — this is the height of psychological luxury, the most delicious of moral treats.
:thinking

Boredfrom

« Reply #34082 on: July 29, 2019, 10:54:06 PM »
Resetera projecting again:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/live-action-dora-the-explorer-gets-reviewed-check-out-this-weird-skeezy-one-from-the-hollywood-reporter.131888/page-2

Variety and The Wrap's critics highlights how upbeat is the film throughout. Really what I wanted from this film.

I don't know what people were expecting from Dora? To be Mean Girls into the Jungle?
It's like expecting a Spider-Man film to be The Boys.

Sounds like shilling for the film rather than being genuinely disturbed...

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #34084 on: July 29, 2019, 11:03:32 PM »
Metroid is amazing. But it's not something that attracts a big audience, let alone on a Nintendo platform.
Metroid Prime 4 could do well if they ever finish it. It just doesn't have the same 'nostalgia' as Mario and Zelda and it isn't easy to reinvent like Fire Emblem.

I think Metroid's biggest issue tbh is that it doesn't appeal too much to most nintendo fans. Even then it's not an AWFUL seller, it does pretty well just not Zelda (which only did said numbers on specific games that ended up changing the landscape like OOT, BOTW and the OG with few exceptions) and definitely not Mario and Pokemon numbers.

Doesn't help that it's prone to long ass gaps between releases, and two out of the three latest games got massive backlash. It's also kinda mismanaged. First 2D Metroid since Zero Mission comes out on the 3DS when the Switch has crazy momentum? Yeah Samus Returns wasn't put in the best spot either.

That said Nintendo does seem to want to get it right with Prime 4 at least. So at least there's a game on the horizon though I doubt we'll be seeing it anytime soon.

It's a shame since Metroid is super appealing to me - the atmosphere, the isolation, the art direction, the music, and getting lost in these giant obtuse alien mazes... it's not bogged down by loot systems or RPG mechanics like many other Metroidvanias are (for better or worse)...

Of course there are Nintendo fans that lose their shit over a new Animal Crossing, Mario Party, or Pikmin and I'm just staring blankly...
^_^

benjipwns

« Reply #34085 on: July 29, 2019, 11:05:34 PM »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #34087 on: July 29, 2019, 11:13:01 PM »
Australians tell it like it is, arn't obsessed with gamers

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #34088 on: July 29, 2019, 11:18:11 PM »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #34089 on: July 29, 2019, 11:22:11 PM »
Literally Who.gif

zepblackstar

« Reply #34090 on: July 29, 2019, 11:24:26 PM »
Sometime about Mass Effect 3, a whole bunch of failed liberal art degrees moved into gaming as a stepping stone to bigger things.. It didn't work out and now they are stuck with gamers hating them more every year while streamers take all the money.

benjipwns

« Reply #34091 on: July 29, 2019, 11:26:13 PM »
I love how he outright said that he just reads Twitter responses for nine hours a day. Kotaku should probably investigate that.

Bore Expert

« Reply #34092 on: July 29, 2019, 11:36:47 PM »
Oh. The kotaku staff should all board the spaceship that’s following the hale Bopp comet.

benjipwns

« Reply #34093 on: July 29, 2019, 11:40:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-boyfriend-is-travelling-to-usa-in-2-weeks-how-safe-is-it.131733/post-23166204
You have to remember even though you have the right to speak back, American are trigger happy and they can lie. So my advice to your boyfriend is to surround yourself with genuine good people and be a model citizen. If possible put a lot of baby powder on your face so they won’t know he is Arab because there is a bit of hatred to them as well. When I say hatred, I m not talking about everyone, just a select few.

benjipwns

« Reply #34094 on: July 29, 2019, 11:41:49 PM »
Progressive areas aren't any more safer. The cities are very dangerous in certain areas where poverty is prevalent. I went to New York City twice and was robbed both times. Don't go out at night. Read up on the dangerous areas. The most important thing is when you get robbed is to not fight back. San Diego is safe. Las Vegas is fine on the strip but there are a lot of dicey areas beyond that.
Prepare health insurance, just in case if someone hurts you. Also, if you get ill there, the hospital bill is going to be pricey

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #34095 on: July 29, 2019, 11:43:29 PM »
The last time I went to Oakland I was murdered
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #34096 on: July 29, 2019, 11:54:52 PM »
wow and I watched the NBA Finals just a few months ago

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #34097 on: July 29, 2019, 11:56:18 PM »
Progressive areas aren't any more safer. The cities are very dangerous in certain areas where poverty is prevalent. I went to New York City twice and was robbed both times. Don't go out at night. Read up on the dangerous areas. The most important thing is when you get robbed is to not fight back. San Diego is safe. Las Vegas is fine on the strip but there are a lot of dicey areas beyond that.
Prepare health insurance, just in case if someone hurts you. Also, if you get ill there, the hospital bill is going to be pricey

BisMarckie

« Reply #34098 on: July 29, 2019, 11:58:12 PM »
wow and I watched the NBA Finals just a few months ago

The only thing that was murdered then was my betting account.  >:(

benjipwns

« Reply #34099 on: July 30, 2019, 12:01:38 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/surviving-cheatin.131536/post-23125281
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory generalizations of the community in a sensitive subject thread

Do keep in mind there are a lot of immature, inexperienced morons in this forum, hence the very shit replies you're receiving.
Give this a look; it should provide insights. PM me should you wish to talk more.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #34100 on: July 30, 2019, 12:03:44 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-boyfriend-is-travelling-to-usa-in-2-weeks-how-safe-is-it.131733/post-23166204
You have to remember even though you have the right to speak back, American are trigger happy and they can lie. So my advice to your boyfriend is to surround yourself with genuine good people and be a model citizen. If possible put a lot of baby powder on your face so they won’t know he is Arab because there is a bit of hatred to them as well. When I say hatred, I m not talking about everyone, just a select few.

Wtf why is everyone glossing over this? I am on crazy pills? The fuck? Wtf? The fuck?

benjipwns

« Reply #34101 on: July 30, 2019, 12:04:17 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/team-fortress-2-lacks-a-well-supported-port-on-modern-consoles-and-frankly-that%E2%80%99s-just-disappointing.131898/
So let’s go back to May 2016. Overwatch has its full fat official release across PC, Xbox One, and PS4, and ends up as a resounding success. It’s sold millions of copies across all platforms—garnering as much as 35 million players by late 2017—and spawned an incredibly massive following with an ever-growing roster of Overwatch League teams at the competitive level of play. Nothing has come quite close to competing with it at its own genre—Paladins was probably the closest at its release, yet it only got half of what Overwatch had. And has a much smaller competitive scene to boot.

But where the fuck is Team Fortress 2?

TF2 is the fucking godfather of the hero shooter subgenre—the big daddy, and some would argue much better than its contemporaries (myself among that number, despite a relatively low amount of hours compared to some people I know)—and it’s been relegated to a single platform of support for the last twelve years. I say twelve, because that’s the last time the 360 version of the game was ever updated. And that’s not even mentioning the PS3 version, which never got updated at all.

What gives?

I’ve heard it was because of Steamworks integration—that the game is too embedded with it that it would take more resources than Valve is willing to spend on a port. I’ve also heard it was because the game would perform terribly on either console thanks to the Jaguar CPUs (but I highly doubt this, given that Titanfall 1 ran Source 1 on Xbox One hardware and had only minor performance issues, which were more or less ironed out later on with frequent updates).

I honestly don’t give a shit.

I don’t want to be stuck playing the emulated 360 version of The Orange Box where the game being played is a practically release-identical version of what came out in 2006. The fact that TF2 lacks a port on modern consoles—one that is standalone, well-supported, and more importantly available—is frankly disappointing. And yes, I could run TF2 on potato PC hardware, but I don’t want to play it on PC, and I’m fairly sure many console-only people wouldn’t want to be given that lame response either.

So fucking come on, Valve. And fucking put out an HD variant of Portal 2 for Xbox One and PS4, for fuck’s sake.
port begging :wag

benjipwns

« Reply #34102 on: July 30, 2019, 12:07:17 AM »

Wtf why is everyone glossing over this? I am on crazy pills? The fuck? Wtf? The fuck?
everyone ignored that dude saying he pity dated that girl too, place is weird about what lines they jump on for pages

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 12:24:47 AM by Tripon »

Boredfrom

« Reply #34104 on: July 30, 2019, 12:31:05 AM »
Holy shit, how embarrassing...

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #34105 on: July 30, 2019, 12:49:08 AM »
Why would you join a site full of bigots if you hate bigots?

benjipwns

« Reply #34106 on: July 30, 2019, 12:50:29 AM »
for JordanN's fun definitions of what Christianity is, that one was better than his race stuff

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #34107 on: July 30, 2019, 12:53:49 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/team-fortress-2-lacks-a-well-supported-port-on-modern-consoles-and-frankly-that%E2%80%99s-just-disappointing.131898/
So let’s go back to May 2016. Overwatch has its full fat official release across PC, Xbox One, and PS4, and ends up as a resounding success. It’s sold millions of copies across all platforms—garnering as much as 35 million players by late 2017—and spawned an incredibly massive following with an ever-growing roster of Overwatch League teams at the competitive level of play. Nothing has come quite close to competing with it at its own genre—Paladins was probably the closest at its release, yet it only got half of what Overwatch had. And has a much smaller competitive scene to boot.

But where the fuck is Team Fortress 2?

TF2 is the fucking godfather of the hero shooter subgenre—the big daddy, and some would argue much better than its contemporaries (myself among that number, despite a relatively low amount of hours compared to some people I know)—and it’s been relegated to a single platform of support for the last twelve years. I say twelve, because that’s the last time the 360 version of the game was ever updated. And that’s not even mentioning the PS3 version, which never got updated at all.

What gives?

I’ve heard it was because of Steamworks integration—that the game is too embedded with it that it would take more resources than Valve is willing to spend on a port. I’ve also heard it was because the game would perform terribly on either console thanks to the Jaguar CPUs (but I highly doubt this, given that Titanfall 1 ran Source 1 on Xbox One hardware and had only minor performance issues, which were more or less ironed out later on with frequent updates).

I honestly don’t give a shit.

I don’t want to be stuck playing the emulated 360 version of The Orange Box where the game being played is a practically release-identical version of what came out in 2006. The fact that TF2 lacks a port on modern consoles—one that is standalone, well-supported, and more importantly available—is frankly disappointing. And yes, I could run TF2 on potato PC hardware, but I don’t want to play it on PC, and I’m fairly sure many console-only people wouldn’t want to be given that lame response either.

So fucking come on, Valve. And fucking put out an HD variant of Portal 2 for Xbox One and PS4, for fuck’s sake.
port begging :wag

this thread is kind of a amazing in a dummy way. valve, a company that decided that dealing with ps3 certification for csgo in EU just wasn't even worth it, is really gonna port a 13 year old game. a game that will probably run on any toaster by now.

makes me want to see a "why doesn't epic port UT2K4 to switch?" or "why isn't quake 3 on ps4?" thread next.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

benjipwns

« Reply #34108 on: July 30, 2019, 12:58:01 AM »
huh I figured Quake Champions or Quake Live was on consoles

so the only console that has active online Quake III play is still the Dreamcast :american

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #34109 on: July 30, 2019, 01:03:16 AM »
the disneyworld astroturfing is giving me hella belly laughs

benjipwns

« Reply #34110 on: July 30, 2019, 01:05:29 AM »
guess the number of replies before: https://www.resetera.com/threads/your-top-5-indie-games-of-all-time.131857/post-23168030
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION

Do Not Create List Threads

A list thread is a thread that encourages replies that largely or completely take the form of lists. For example: Asking members to rank their favorite characters in media. These threads tend not to generate much, if any, actual discussion or member interaction. Voting threads (threads that solicit ballot-style replies) will usually fall under this category as well, unless a lot of effort is put into them. If you wish to create a voting thread, please contact an Administrator to seek approval beforehand.

Boredfrom

« Reply #34111 on: July 30, 2019, 01:06:19 AM »

Because she probably doesn’t actually care and just wanted to fit in any place was willing to accept her.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #34112 on: July 30, 2019, 01:06:38 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

LMAO

Twitch mods are probably from the same authoritarian pedo cloth as REE and GAF mods.  :lol
twitch is a shit hole, I feel sorry for my streamer friends

benjipwns

« Reply #34113 on: July 30, 2019, 01:07:18 AM »

Because she probably doesn’t actually care and just wanted to fit in any place was willing to accept her.
look when I signed up for NeoGAF.com it was a very different place, Steve Youngblood was still years away from becoming a moderator

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #34114 on: July 30, 2019, 01:11:16 AM »
Steve Youngblood has drone banned over 5 million brown people, he's a monster.

benjipwns

« Reply #34115 on: July 30, 2019, 01:11:31 AM »
Kara, I need to know if the same point in these series of posts by JordanN is the one that struck you as quality workmanship:
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/bernie-sanders-makes-sense.1494868/page-2

Others can feel free to play along as well.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
#79, Nicaraguan Revolution
[close]

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #34116 on: July 30, 2019, 01:13:14 AM »

Maybe the real friends are the bigots we met along the way?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #34117 on: July 30, 2019, 01:24:45 AM »
Holy shit, how embarrassing...

nice website(s)
©@©™

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #34118 on: July 30, 2019, 01:34:04 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-16-year-old-pennsylvanian-fortnite-world-champ-won-3-million-—-that’s-more-than-tiger-woods-made-for-winning-the-masters.131870/#post-23167562

Quote from: Soulflarz, post: 23167562, member: 536
As someone who does esports atm

Yeah uh people have no fucking clue how hard we have to grind to be good. Makes a 40hr workweek look like a joke, and the whole "but its a game it's fun!" argument gets tossed when you pass 10hr a day for 2 weeks leading into an event.

:gamer
Margs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #34119 on: July 30, 2019, 02:14:40 AM »
Quote from: MrConBon Disney shiller esq.
I wouldn’t call any of the pavilions subtle in any sense. Each country does annually pay to be featured as well as every worker being on a Visa so they seem to have no problem with how they are displayed.
Common misconception. It was originally the plan to have the countries sponsor the pavilions. In actuality it's companies from those countries, not the countries themselves, that sponsor the Showcase pavilions.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/childless-millennials-are-ruining-disneyland.131439/post-23156597
ὕβρις

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #34120 on: July 30, 2019, 02:34:59 AM »
Kara, I need to know if the same point in these series of posts by JordanN is the one that struck you as quality workmanship:
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/bernie-sanders-makes-sense.1494868/page-2

Others can feel free to play along as well.

#79, Nicaraguan Revolution
[close]

It's pretty :brain to take the colonization and obliteration of Palestine and make it about UNLIMITED IMMIGRATION on a LIMITED PLANET.

I also enjoyed:

Alexander Bustamante being Leon Trotsky or something.
"I'm still researching up on the history of Central America, however, I'm still going to give you my analysis of Cold War era Central America."

jorma

« Reply #34121 on: July 30, 2019, 02:40:30 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

LMAO

Twitch mods are probably from the same authoritarian pedo cloth as REE and GAF mods.  :lol
twitch is a shit hole, I feel sorry for my streamer friends

The funniest part of that topic was ree hating twitch streamers so much that they still defended the evil megacorp amazon over  the individual who got fucked over  :lol

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #34122 on: July 30, 2019, 02:43:09 AM »
We don't need revenge socialism. We need revenge nationalism
Mr. Skull Size advocating for revanchist nationalism :lawd
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #34123 on: July 30, 2019, 02:44:17 AM »
ὕβρις

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #34124 on: July 30, 2019, 03:01:03 AM »
https://twitter.com/LukePlunkett/status/1156000253746663425

And yet Kotaku has used games to fight a fucking identity/culture war for years now...

:curious
Makes you think, huh?
[close]
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #34125 on: July 30, 2019, 03:08:42 AM »

Lmao,  gamers are your clients go find something else to do. As if no one else has to deal with shitty working conditions
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #34126 on: July 30, 2019, 03:13:15 AM »

Lmao,  gamers are your clients go find something else to do. As if no one else has to deal with shitty working conditions

when your hot take isn't as much hot as it is spo...

https://twitter.com/GAK/status/1156004861432832003

DAMMIT ! :maf
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #34127 on: July 30, 2019, 03:21:55 AM »
We already had that discussion when Drinking Klepek Tears but I don't think the esport player and... that Kotaku guy (?) complaints are all that ludicrous to be honest. Though I'm not sure why he needs to be on Twitter 9 hours a day every day reading GAMERS even using it as a news wire / aggregator.

They're laying it a little thick, sure.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #34128 on: July 30, 2019, 03:53:48 AM »
They are full of shit to say that the only blowback they have gotten from walking around Manhattan with MAGA hats is one middle finger.

:brain Bizarro logic "Better to say I stabbed a dude" Ben Carson level logic here.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pro-trump-music-group-the-deplorables-choir-makes-tv-debut-on-fox-news.131919/post-23174169
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #34129 on: July 30, 2019, 04:04:07 AM »
We already had that discussion when Drinking Klepek Tears but I don't think the esport player and... that Kotaku guy (?) complaints are all that ludicrous to be honest. Though I'm not sure why he needs to be on Twitter 9 hours a day every day reading GAMERS even using it as a news wire / aggregator.

reporting on tweets is a perfect way to describe 'games journalists'

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #34130 on: July 30, 2019, 04:12:49 AM »
Donate to help fight Alzheimer !  :'(

edit: This isn't about a candidate referencing music artists, Cardi B and Killer Mike are open supporters and surrogates. Who did this for Hillary? I'm drawing a blank.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot6-you-have-to-go-forwards-to-go-back.129453/post-23169751
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #34131 on: July 30, 2019, 04:14:22 AM »
Quote from: JordanN
America has always been an English speaking nation from the start. What language is the constitution written in?

When the actual people of the land decide they want their culture to "evolve" then I would be ok.
But the backstabbing Democrats are holding the U.S ransom by encouraging and letting the illegal immigrant population grow so legal Americans will never have a choice on what happens to their country.
BACKSTABBING DIMMS :maf

benjipwns

« Reply #34132 on: July 30, 2019, 04:16:25 AM »
Quote from: JordanN
But both both points are still stupid. Human history is plagued with violence and foreign interference. We don't actually have any laws that says it is right to live in the USA just because of what happened in the past. If we did, then we would also have to go farther back in time. How many "refugees" was the Roman Empire suppose to take? Or the Ottomans, or the Soviets etc.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #34133 on: July 30, 2019, 04:16:52 AM »

reporting on tweets is a perfect way to describe 'games journalists'
It's the equivalent job that the "gossip reporter" does at a legitimate publication, except...that's all Kotaku do...report on gossip and stir identity war bullshit so they can report on more gossip.
Spud

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #34134 on: July 30, 2019, 04:23:27 AM »
Cardi B is a moderately amusing Twitter personality, but she's a garbage person. Come on Bernard.

:snob

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot6-you-have-to-go-forwards-to-go-back.129453/post-23169039
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #34135 on: July 30, 2019, 04:27:38 AM »
Quote from: Ichthyosaurus
I want to see her understand his policies.

It's not like Bernie will care, he didn't disavow Tulsi.

benjipwns

« Reply #34136 on: July 30, 2019, 04:28:51 AM »
You know, I think I'm happy Sanders decided to run again. Finally showed how much of a crappy candidate he really is.
Oh just wait until he ruins the convention again

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #34137 on: July 30, 2019, 04:32:56 AM »
Wait what basis is there for saying Warren has problems with old people???
She’s a woman and easily attacked as a socialist. Old people don’t like those qualities.
So this isn't actually based on... Anything?

:lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot6-you-have-to-go-forwards-to-go-back.129453/post-23166118
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #34138 on: July 30, 2019, 04:35:26 AM »
ugh this would be so much easier if Bernard had just dropped out already

in like May