Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3799037 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #33840 on: July 28, 2019, 03:02:03 PM »
Is Nintendo not using voice-acting-unions unethical?

Unethical? What? No they can do what they want and it’s fine.
So Nintendo can’t be unethical? They can always do what they want?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-nintendo-not-using-voice-acting-unions-unethical.128323/post-22666247
I've been kinda rooting against this series after the brainwashing thing they attempted to do. This is atlus level shit

Tell me more.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-not-looking-good-for-male-same-sex-romantic-supports-in-fe-three-houses-and-thats-not-acceptable-support-spoilers.122922/post-23065564

KEEP EMAILING NINTENDO UNTIL THEY'RE BACK FROM SUMMER BREAK :maf
©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33841 on: July 28, 2019, 03:09:37 PM »
can't find the GAF thread, but this looks like a reddit thread on the same report

https://www.reddit.com/r/PurplePillDebate/comments/7r1lqk/25_of_millennial_men_think_asking_someone_for_a/

Hmmm.. the linked article doesn't even come close to making that claim.

US -> % of respondents who replied "always or usually" -> "asking to go for a drink" -> just under 25% for males aged 18-30

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33842 on: July 28, 2019, 03:41:50 PM »
whats with riotous beef with data science?  :doge

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #33843 on: July 28, 2019, 03:44:37 PM »
Yes, we know. You have a huge dick.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #33844 on: July 28, 2019, 03:45:37 PM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #33845 on: July 28, 2019, 03:48:41 PM »
  :nope Big Data

:ohyeah SIGNIFICANT DATA
©@©™

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #33846 on: July 28, 2019, 03:53:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/power-levels-and-the-problem-of-dismissing-representation.131640/
First, a primer vid illustrating where I'm coming from on this:

That old chestnut "Who would win in a fight between X and Y character?" has been a part of nerd discourse for what feels like forever, and is especially prominent in the age of the internet with niche forums and content like "Death Battle." Tied into all of that is the nebulous concept of power scaling and more commonly known "power levels," or just how strong/fast/smart/tough or just generally powerful a character is. This is unsurprising as the most popular genre stories tend to be power fantasies about heroes and villains with special abilities in a battle over epic stakes. The problem with this viewpoint is that it can end up pushing away important aspects of character. Stories can become bogged down in the bloat of constant power-ups, debuffs, training, special moves, new abilities, etc. This isn't always a bad thing; JoJo's Bizarre Adventure gets away with it by creating suspense around the powers themselves by having them be highly unique and putting them into creative scenarios that leaves the audience guessing as to what could possibly happen next, but more often than not you end up in that Dragonball Z territory of constant powerup after powerup in a series of diminishing returns until you end up in self-parody.

The bigger problem I've seen recently that I want to talk about is when power levels are used in favor of arguments against representation, inclusivity, and diversity. More specifically, "Power Levels" have become a smokescreen for rejecting or sidelining prominent/lead representation in an attempt to remain "objective" in sticking to a diegetic analysis of how powerful a character can or ought to be. It's a tragic irony that so often heroes are portrayed as coming from an initial position of powerlessness only to gain or be granted great power (Luke Skywalker, Peter Parker, Harry Potter, Link, etc.) and become a hero, but that members of marginalized and/or minority communities who are, in the real world, in a relative position of powerlessness to the dominant, privileged, majority seeking powerful heroes in popular media face rejection, incredulity, or ridicule. There are several example to choose from, but I wanted to highlight two:

"How come Rey is so good with the Force so fast?"

Now, I want to be clear and upfront and say that having this complaint doesn't necessarily make you sexist, or anti-representation, or anything like that. I think there are a lot of people who have a different interpretation of what the Force should be and feel like Rey's progression goes against that. They view it as something you master and gain control of through training, like a martial art, or a weapon, or a superpower, and there is film evidence in support of this interpretation (mostly in the Prequels with the Jedi Academy stuff), whereas others (myself included) view the Force as something much more spiritual and personal, something akin to the relationship between faith and miracles, and is less a matter of practice or repetition and more a matter of self-discovery, introspection, and belief. This perspective also has film evidence (Yoda's comments on Dagobah, Obi-Wan talking about "becoming more powerful than you can possibly imagine" right before dying, etc.) but I feel like I'm dragging myself into a discussion about Star Wars and getting off topic and will leave it there. Suffice it to say that this interpretation doesn't mean you are against a woman being the lead in a Star Wars movie and being strong in the Force.

THAT HAVING BEEN SAID there are certainly people who take this position out of a sense that Rey being so good at the Force is "unearned" because, as a woman, she needs justification and rationale as to why she's as strong as she is. Nevermind that characters like Luke and Anakin have similarly demonstrated strength in the Force with little training, Rey's doing so apparently breaks belief in the story and makes her a "Mary Sue" because we need to justify everything about a character diegetically for it to be acceptable (here's where that video at the top applies). Apparently something as simple as "we want a woman to be the lead and be a Jedi Hero" needs to be earned, representation has to be justified, otherwise it's either pandering or "hypocritical," in that you're not being truly "equal" in attempting to give "preferential" treatment...to people who have been underrepresented, marginalized, and harmfully stereotyped in the history of genre fiction. Thus Rey's abilities and accomplishments and "power level" are rejected as bad storytelling by many in a smokescreen for wanting to keep "political issues" like representation out of their media. The other big example I wanted to highlight is:

This one is a bit more multi-faceted, as it has taken the form of multiple objections with the same root objection.

"How can a teenager like Shuri be the smartest person in the MCU, smarter than Bruce Banner and Tony Stark?"

"How can Wakanda be the most advanced nation on the planet and be completely hidden?"

"The technology of Wakanda is impractical and not really that advanced. Spear Lasers? Blanket shields?"

These criticisms are interesting to examine as they don't typically focus on T'Challa/Black Panther, but rather on Wakanda/their tech/advancement on a general level, which makes more sense if you consider the fact that Black Panther as a hero gets his "power" in the truest sense from his home and his people, rather than just the heart-shaped herb. These criticisms are often rooted in underlying conceptions of what advanced technology looks like, what a genius looks like, what a "civilized" society looks like, and those conceptions are informed by media and portrayals that historically have eschewed racially diverse representation. Shuri's smartness, Wakanda's dual supremacy and isolation, and their culturally-informed tech are outliers to these classical depictions, and thus apparently need justification or can be rejected outright. To focus on a specific example, there was a video review of Infinity War that took an aside to criticize the decision to depict Wakanda's main weaponry as spears as "dumb" because guns are more ergonomic to hold and thus a superior form of weaponry. Nevermind that this is from a universe where three of the main hero groups primary weapons are a bow, a shield, and a hammer, the later two of which are typically thrown as projectiles. It's a clear double-standard in terms of what is and isn't "justified," and a rejection of looking at this story and these character through the lens it's presenting, one about history and culture and people, in favor of one about number-crunching and functionality and practicality, which is disingenuous at worst and missing the point at best.

What I want to get at with these two examples are that "power levels" as a concept aren't really rooted in diegetic, in-universe explanations and rationale, but in dominant cultural narratives perpetuated by the creators and their culture (hence the video reference at the top), and that these narratives are on a fundamental level ignoring, dismissing, or outright rejecting non-dominant narratives and groups. If you try and go against the dominant narrative by rewriting it so that it's more open and inclusive to different people's and backgrounds, you face resistance in the form of a group of people increasingly obsessed with "objectivity" and having everything fit according to the terms their familiar and comfortable with. In the end, these are stories, and stories aren't real. It doesn't matter if a character loses a fight to a "weaker" character, or that a character gets "too powerful too fast," because in the end what matters are the more fundamental messages that story and characters are imparting, its themes, its ideas. What matters is its effect on the real people experiencing it.

Because although the stories aren't real, their impact is.

:boring

Ok human kotaku
sigh

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33847 on: July 28, 2019, 03:57:24 PM »

:mindblown :dead

blame space

« Reply #33848 on: July 28, 2019, 04:01:40 PM »
 :iface

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33849 on: July 28, 2019, 04:03:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/power-levels-and-the-problem-of-dismissing-representation.131640/

That old chestnut "Who would win in a fight between X and Y character?" has been a part of nerd discourse for what feels like forever, and is especially prominent in the age of the internet with niche forums and content like "Death Battle." Tied into all of that is the nebulous concept of power scaling and more commonly known "power levels," or just how strong/fast/smart/tough or just generally powerful a character is. This is unsurprising as the most popular genre stories tend to be power fantasies about heroes and villains with special abilities in a battle over epic stakes. The problem with this viewpoint is that it can end up pushing away important aspects of character. Stories can become bogged down in the bloat of constant power-ups, debuffs, training, special moves, new abilities, etc. This isn't always a bad thing; JoJo's Bizarre Adventure gets away with it by creating suspense around the powers themselves by having them be highly unique and putting them into creative scenarios that leaves the audience guessing as to what could possibly happen next, but more often than not you end up in that Dragonball Z territory of constant powerup after powerup in a series of diminishing returns until you end up in self-parody.

The bigger problem I've seen recently that I want to talk about is when power levels are used in favor of arguments against representation, inclusivity, and diversity. More specifically, "Power Levels" have become a smokescreen for rejecting or sidelining prominent/lead representation in an attempt to remain "objective" in sticking to a diegetic analysis of how powerful a character can or ought to be. It's a tragic irony that so often heroes are portrayed as coming from an initial position of powerlessness only to gain or be granted great power (Luke Skywalker, Peter Parker, Harry Potter, Link, etc.) and become a hero, but that members of marginalized and/or minority communities who are, in the real world, in a relative position of powerlessness to the dominant, privileged, majority seeking powerful heroes in popular media face rejection, incredulity, or ridicule. There are several example to choose from, but I wanted to highlight two:

Now, I want to be clear and upfront and say that having this complaint doesn't necessarily make you sexist, or anti-representation, or anything like that. I think there are a lot of people who have a different interpretation of what the Force should be and feel like Rey's progression goes against that. They view it as something you master and gain control of through training, like a martial art, or a weapon, or a superpower, and there is film evidence in support of this interpretation (mostly in the Prequels with the Jedi Academy stuff), whereas others (myself included) view the Force as something much more spiritual and personal, something akin to the relationship between faith and miracles, and is less a matter of practice or repetition and more a matter of self-discovery, introspection, and belief. This perspective also has film evidence (Yoda's comments on Dagobah, Obi-Wan talking about "becoming more powerful than you can possibly imagine" right before dying, etc.) but I feel like I'm dragging myself into a discussion about Star Wars and getting off topic and will leave it there. Suffice it to say that this interpretation doesn't mean you are against a woman being the lead in a Star Wars movie and being strong in the Force.

THAT HAVING BEEN SAID there are certainly people who take this position out of a sense that Rey being so good at the Force is "unearned" because, as a woman, she needs justification and rationale as to why she's as strong as she is. Nevermind that characters like Luke and Anakin have similarly demonstrated strength in the Force with little training, Rey's doing so apparently breaks belief in the story and makes her a "Mary Sue" because we need to justify everything about a character diegetically for it to be acceptable (here's where that video at the top applies). Apparently something as simple as "we want a woman to be the lead and be a Jedi Hero" needs to be earned, representation has to be justified, otherwise it's either pandering or "hypocritical," in that you're not being truly "equal" in attempting to give "preferential" treatment...to people who have been underrepresented, marginalized, and harmfully stereotyped in the history of genre fiction. Thus Rey's abilities and accomplishments and "power level" are rejected as bad storytelling by many in a smokescreen for wanting to keep "political issues" like representation out of their media. The other big example I wanted to highlight is:

This one is a bit more multi-faceted, as it has taken the form of multiple objections with the same root objection.

"How can a teenager like Shuri be the smartest person in the MCU, smarter than Bruce Banner and Tony Stark?"

"How can Wakanda be the most advanced nation on the planet and be completely hidden?"

"The technology of Wakanda is impractical and not really that advanced. Spear Lasers? Blanket shields?"

These criticisms are interesting to examine as they don't typically focus on T'Challa/Black Panther, but rather on Wakanda/their tech/advancement on a general level, which makes more sense if you consider the fact that Black Panther as a hero gets his "power" in the truest sense from his home and his people, rather than just the heart-shaped herb. These criticisms are often rooted in underlying conceptions of what advanced technology looks like, what a genius looks like, what a "civilized" society looks like, and those conceptions are informed by media and portrayals that historically have eschewed racially diverse representation. Shuri's smartness, Wakanda's dual supremacy and isolation, and their culturally-informed tech are outliers to these classical depictions, and thus apparently need justification or can be rejected outright. To focus on a specific example, there was a video review of Infinity War that took an aside to criticize the decision to depict Wakanda's main weaponry as spears as "dumb" because guns are more ergonomic to hold and thus a superior form of weaponry. Nevermind that this is from a universe where three of the main hero groups primary weapons are a bow, a shield, and a hammer, the later two of which are typically thrown as projectiles. It's a clear double-standard in terms of what is and isn't "justified," and a rejection of looking at this story and these character through the lens it's presenting, one about history and culture and people, in favor of one about number-crunching and functionality and practicality, which is disingenuous at worst and missing the point at best.

What I want to get at with these two examples are that "power levels" as a concept aren't really rooted in diegetic, in-universe explanations and rationale, but in dominant cultural narratives perpetuated by the creators and their culture (hence the video reference at the top), and that these narratives are on a fundamental level ignoring, dismissing, or outright rejecting non-dominant narratives and groups. If you try and go against the dominant narrative by rewriting it so that it's more open and inclusive to different people's and backgrounds, you face resistance in the form of a group of people increasingly obsessed with "objectivity" and having everything fit according to the terms their familiar and comfortable with. In the end, these are stories, and stories aren't real. It doesn't matter if a character loses a fight to a "weaker" character, or that a character gets "too powerful too fast," because in the end what matters are the more fundamental messages that story and characters are imparting, its themes, its ideas. What matters is its effect on the real people experiencing it.

Ok human kotaku

how come that poster got so shitty so quickly?

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #33850 on: July 28, 2019, 04:12:33 PM »
this is your brain on disney.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #33851 on: July 28, 2019, 04:12:54 PM »
It's a tragic irony that so often heroes are portrayed as coming from an initial position of powerlessness only to gain or be granted great power (Luke Skywalker, Peter Parker, Harry Potter, Link, etc.)

Ascctually does Harry's connection to voldemort not grant him any great power. He's a mediocre wizard  :expert

Also Rey using the jedi mind trick 2 minutes after she learned that she can use the force is bad writing. No walls of texts will convince me otherwise.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 04:17:37 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #33853 on: July 28, 2019, 04:58:28 PM »
how little control must brainchild have over the rest of his life to get so anal about every thread he posts remaining exclusively on topic?

(Image removed from quote.)

Jesus Christ he's the ugliest looking dude. shave that shit above your lip

I’m not gonna rip on him for his looks since he can’t control that, but different glasses could do him a world of good

Tuckers Law

« Reply #33854 on: July 28, 2019, 05:07:18 PM »

Ok human kotaku
Holy shit some people just cannot fucking let go when others don’t like their Star War waifu.    :sabu

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #33855 on: July 28, 2019, 05:10:46 PM »
Who the fuck writes that much about anything for free?
Spud

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #33856 on: July 28, 2019, 05:16:59 PM »

Tuckers Law

« Reply #33857 on: July 28, 2019, 05:20:39 PM »

Tripon

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33859 on: July 28, 2019, 05:54:02 PM »
ὕβρις

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
sigh

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #33861 on: July 28, 2019, 06:08:45 PM »
https://twitter.com/ReeraTakes/status/1154512797914546178

I thought about helping the women in Saudi Arabia but unfortunately is there no anime industry

Tripon

« Reply #33862 on: July 28, 2019, 06:12:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/ReeraTakes/status/1155268734543642624

Autism is literally a disability. That's why schools can service students with autism with special education funds.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #33864 on: July 28, 2019, 06:17:48 PM »

Ok human kotaku

ummmmm
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #33865 on: July 28, 2019, 06:51:17 PM »

People with nothing better to do, e.g. children and neets [ed. note: redundant]

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #33866 on: July 28, 2019, 06:51:29 PM »

Ok human kotaku

ummmmm

If you think that post is awkward, you should see the second

Himu

« Reply #33867 on: July 28, 2019, 07:00:59 PM »

:rofl
IYKYK

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #33868 on: July 28, 2019, 07:08:15 PM »
a resetera thread posted over 4 hours ago, graphically represented in its entirety

Quote from: Zonar
Very good post.

:wow
Uncle

blame space

« Reply #33869 on: July 28, 2019, 07:20:48 PM »
man cyndi you really love laughing at these dumb fatties huh XD

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #33870 on: July 28, 2019, 07:36:20 PM »
I guess if you're going to be fat you might as well be fat and happy instead of fat and miserable. The delusion that it doesn't cause any health problems, is natural etc. is dumb though

tuna_love

« Reply #33871 on: July 28, 2019, 07:37:39 PM »
man cyndi you really love laughing at these dumb fatties huh XD
be 👏 better👏👏

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #33872 on: July 28, 2019, 07:40:24 PM »
You guys are giving me NeoGaf vibes right now no offence

spoiler (click to show/hide)
take offence obviously
[close]

nudemacusers

« Reply #33873 on: July 28, 2019, 07:42:16 PM »
I’m more into Shat Faming.
Shart Farming :lawd
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #33874 on: July 28, 2019, 07:44:50 PM »
Someone posts this:

And all of the Disney shills childless millennials swarm to ruin the joke

Quote from: Crossing Eden, post: 23140642, member: 8191
This is a really tone deaf comparison considering that the vast majority of Disney's output has progressive left leaning messaging and a ton of their project leads tout the importance of diversity....
Quote from: Lopez, post: 23140646, member: 23316
Funny thing is entertainment companies like Disney are small beans compared to companies AT&T. Telecoms companies  and Financial institutions pose a far larger threat to democracy.
Quote from: Nothing Loud, post: 23140671, member: 4041
I get that Disney is becoming too big and powerful, but they make fun products for kids and families to enjoy. Comparing them to Nazi imagery is just tone deaf and disrespectful to how awful and deadly the Nazi regime actually was.
Quote from: Soupman Prime, post: 23140821, member: 31944
Why does shit like this always get posted. Is it joking or people legit think this is gonna happen or something.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #33875 on: July 28, 2019, 07:47:00 PM »
You guys are giving me NeoGaf vibes right now no offence

spoiler (click to show/hide)
take offence obviously
[close]

And yet you keep posting here :curious

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #33876 on: July 28, 2019, 07:48:21 PM »
ResetEra: where can you can compare anything to Nazism (except things we like)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #33877 on: July 28, 2019, 08:02:24 PM »
I get that Disney is becoming too big and powerful, but they make fun products for kids and families to enjoy. Comparing them to Nazi imagery is just tone deaf and disrespectful to how awful and deadly the Nazi regime actually was.

* throws dart at resetera forums *

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pc-gaming-era-may-2019-romance-of-the-three-storefronts.114434/post-20930452

Quote from: Iggy
Quote from: Faabulous
This new Titan Quest expansion any good?
I wanted to try it, but then I remembered it was published by nazi signal boosters THQ Nordic and decided to put it on ignore instead.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/justin-roiland-has-a-trover-saves-the-universe-commercial-made-starring-jontron.120520/post-21376404

Quote from: Khanimus
Fuck Roiland and his skeezbag anti-union bullshit
Fuck JonTron and his worthless Nazi face
Fuck anyone apologizing what shitbags these fuckers are.

They wanna lie in beds with Nazis, so fucking be it. They can get pounded into the dirt with the rest of em.
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #33878 on: July 28, 2019, 08:19:49 PM »
I guess if you're going to be fat you might as well be fat and happy instead of fat and miserable. The delusion that it doesn't cause any health problems, is natural etc. is dumb though

No. They’re actively telling people it’s ok to be fat, it’s healthy to be fat. In the last image I posted it basically argues that thinking,”I need to lose weight” is stressful so you might as well stop trying and be “free”. They’re actively telling people not only they *shouldnt* lose weight, because it fits some societal standard for beauty or something, but also that they *can’t* lose weight. Which is awful to tell people who legitimately want to improve themselves. It’s dangerous and any attempt to make being obese normal should be shunned entirely with outright derision and mockery. Fat *people* deserve respect because they’re *people*. Being *fat* should never be accepted as the norm. Yes, people shouldn’t be trying to be shooting for supermodel bodies but that doesn’t make being morbidly obese okay.
IYKYK

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #33879 on: July 28, 2019, 08:25:07 PM »
Uncle

Tasty

« Reply #33880 on: July 28, 2019, 08:25:58 PM »
Someone posts this:

This is a really tone deaf comparison considering that the vast majority of Disney's output has progressive left leaning messaging and a ton of their project leads tout the importance of diversity....
Funny thing is entertainment companies like Disney are small beans compared to companies AT&T. Telecoms companies  and Financial institutions pose a far larger threat to democracy.
Why does shit like this always get posted. Is it joking or people legit think this is gonna happen or something.

Do they not know about Walt Disney or

thetylerrob

« Reply #33881 on: July 28, 2019, 08:26:13 PM »
Finally someone is woke enough to take the fats down a peg. So brave.

:no1curr

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33882 on: July 28, 2019, 08:27:21 PM »

They talk so much about diversity, and lets face it, its the optics that only really matter right?

Tasty

Himu

« Reply #33884 on: July 28, 2019, 08:31:25 PM »
Finally someone is woke enough to take the fats down a peg. So brave.

:no1curr

Actually, the people I’m laughing at are the woke ones.

:crowdlaff

Sounds like someone’s triggered.
IYKYK

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #33885 on: July 28, 2019, 08:31:35 PM »
Someone posts this:

Guess I'll just repeat myself
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=46206.msg2672015#msg2672015

What terrible product or release can we blame for this pathetic corporate worship

Himu

« Reply #33886 on: July 28, 2019, 08:33:13 PM »

Thanks for ruining my daddy's business, you fat fuck!
IYKYK

paprikastaude

« Reply #33887 on: July 28, 2019, 08:53:33 PM »
Small humble companies like Disney need protection :salute They are true allies, certainly not founded by an antisemite, nor hyping up the fun of monarchies in every second movie.

paprikastaude

« Reply #33888 on: July 28, 2019, 09:02:00 PM »

They talk so much about diversity, and lets face it, its the optics that only really matter right?

Imagine if nazis like Redletter Media dared to humorously point out the fake wokeness of this soulless conglomerate :rage  :six:

Drainage

« Reply #33889 on: July 28, 2019, 09:05:15 PM »
Whoa whoa whoa allow me to put Disney in context guys y’all

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #33890 on: July 28, 2019, 09:10:54 PM »
You're obviously not alone. I just personally find this mindset sad. Traveling internationally and having cultural experiences have been some of the most valuable and rewarding experiences of my life. You're only going to be on this rock once. Why do you want to spend your vacation in a fake corporate playground?
You know where you can travel internationally? At Epcot. Just take a lap around World Showcase and you can experience 11 different cultures. All the pavilions are worked at by real natives from the countries and are funded by that countries government.

So no thanks, I would rather still just go to Disney World.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/childless-millennials-are-ruining-disneyland.131439/post-23142401

This is unbelievable  :lol

Himu

« Reply #33891 on: July 28, 2019, 09:12:39 PM »
>communist
>stans for Disney
IYKYK

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #33892 on: July 28, 2019, 09:18:29 PM »
>communist
>stans for Disney

don't you know that disney world would still exist under modern, correct interpretations of communism?  when people are free to pursue any job they like because their needs are taken care of by the collective, some will naturally gravitate toward the creation of these amazing, powerful attractions, even a world without money needs access to zones of leisure
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33893 on: July 28, 2019, 09:22:10 PM »
You're obviously not alone. I just personally find this mindset sad. Traveling internationally and having cultural experiences have been some of the most valuable and rewarding experiences of my life. You're only going to be on this rock once. Why do you want to spend your vacation in a fake corporate playground?
You know where you can travel internationally? At Epcot. Just take a lap around World Showcase and you can experience 11 different cultures. All the pavilions are worked at by real natives from the countries and are funded by that countries government.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/childless-millennials-are-ruining-disneyland.131439/post-23142401

it's a small world, after all

nudemacusers

« Reply #33894 on: July 28, 2019, 09:29:24 PM »
This is shinobi level shilling bah gawd  :dizzy
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #33895 on: July 28, 2019, 09:30:17 PM »

holy shit. which one of you is that?

they posted a picture of an alley from universal.

hahahaha

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33896 on: July 28, 2019, 09:33:54 PM »
This is shinobi level shilling bah gawd  :dizzy

I mean, in fairness, if I was cerium, I'd open the forum up to heavy corporate astro turfing while it still has some semblance of value left before the ideologues manage to drive all the normies out

Boredfrom

« Reply #33897 on: July 28, 2019, 09:36:22 PM »

Kind of a sad mindset to have about Epcot’s World Showcase. Going there should expand your horizons, to be a taste of a larger world out there. At least that is how I feel when I went there when I was younger.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33898 on: July 28, 2019, 09:37:37 PM »
No I didn’t. I said I can’t warrant spending weeks off work and thousands of dollars to travel the world. Epcot is a 30 minute drive away.

Yes it’s not actually China but I can enjoy their cuisine, watch a documentary about China, see some interesting artifacts, and talk to natives from the country if I’m up to it. Like how dare I want to see the culture of a different place without being forced to spend thousands of dollars and time off work?

wait, what do you mean mulan© szechuan dipping sauce® mcnuggets™ isn't 100% authentic?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #33899 on: July 28, 2019, 09:43:17 PM »
 :smug :awesome