Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3799695 times)

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #33780 on: July 27, 2019, 07:30:39 PM »
ay u not wrong

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #33781 on: July 27, 2019, 08:38:53 PM »
Have never played Overwatch. Kinda happy about that. Seems I missed out on a toxic shithole of a community with diversity window dressing used as a carrot to keep the REEE idiots pacified.
Spud

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #33782 on: July 27, 2019, 08:57:05 PM »
Overwatch always sucked. The tastes of mainstream gamers have really noticeably gone to shit the past decade or so.
serge

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #33783 on: July 27, 2019, 09:06:29 PM »
Era has a strange complex where they assume even the dumbest of non-good media is going to hopelessly corrupt the minds of others.  Look at how they demand Joe Rogan not be discussed or how a book or TV that could be interpreted as supporting bigotry be condemned lest simple minds consume it. There is a constant whine of "I know it's not racist but others might not see it that way."
It's really actually hilarious when they start outlining the case for PewDiePie's mass murderer cult. And how KIDS WATCH THIS STUFF AND THINK ITS COOL.

So look at the kind of "horrible shit" incidents they constantly cite to support this theory:
-in a collection of various meme videos one of them happened to be from an actual legitimate alt-right guy who's probably a full Nazi and this appeared for like three seconds
    -so, a user would have to see this particular clip out of a bunch, deliberately note the username and then go visit the account, which is decidedly NOT content like PDP but instead a bunch of rants about immigrants and such total KID FODDER
-similarly, the fact that he FOLLOWED NAZIS like Ben Shapiro on Twitter, despite again no evidence of ever actually "signal boosting" them on Twitter (he filmed a joke video with Ben Shapiro for one of his series but Ben of course is humorless, which was the gag, so is unlikely to draw viewers to him from that for the same reasons as above, especially once they see how long he owned only one shirt) merely that he followed them among hundreds or more accounts
    -so, once again, a KID WHO LOVES PEW DIE PIE is going to visit his Twitter, go "wow, who does he follow because I want more PewDiePie" and see "politics writter/blogger" and other nonsense and immediately start mainlining that shit into their veins then firebomb a church

they would handwave this thinking away as NOTHING AT ALL like the violent video game purges or satantic pro-sex rock music or gay teachers on Anthur scares because well, that was all proven to be nonsense, kids and teens never interpreted the material as seriously as the adults, the argument is entirely the same, you're just carving out an exception for the things you like

it doesn't help that they SIGNAL BOOST and love stories that you can just magic this away with whether it be how ContraPoints is converting the alt-right into SJW's sucking dick down at truck stops through way too long of boring ass videos or how Ms.Galaxy went from strenuously advocating genocide (due to gaming YouTube... apparently) into a non-binary anarcho-coomunist raped by THQNordic thanks to reading posts on NeoGAF.com

obviously if a streamer or YouTuber was posting content regularly about how we need a Final Solution to SJW's of color, it's certainly rational to #cancel them, but these are generally channels which they all admit they don't watch (to be safe of course) and which certainly do no fit that lofty status of intellectual dank wadism; ResetERA.com blurs this distinction by constructing elaborate conspiracy theories (HUGGED JON TRON) and secret plans (maybe they're not overt but they're totally to normalize this by not being overt about it!) and contradictory justifications (again, Jim Sterling) of content they don't consume rather than simply say it doesn't interest them, or they don't like it because it's stupid, or they hate how it's popular and they can't understand that because they like things that are truly popular (and progressive) just look at the evidence of the Nintendo Switch's historic record breaking exclusives (which will be brought into the right side of history after the weekend) and the box office of Disney Marvel franchise films (did you know that Endgame has surpassed Avatar? did you know that Brie Larson is a woman who is two steps away from Donald Trump? SLAY QUEEN)

but in real reality nobody gives a shit about a bunch of 30 year old white males having midlife crises of varying sources who mistook the idea of "CULTivating a user base" to mean you start with a small group and start culling the non-believers as the divine word is slowly revealed via Discord and retroactively added to the scripture of the forum which is interpreted freely to the point of contradiction by the officials who enforce it

because once the most tightly-restricted registrated userbase on the internet™ has been fully purified then the most popular independent video game forum as measured by traffic will explode into the mainstream zeitgeist as a pillar of influence and not something that gets mocked on Twitter and niche forums full of beautiful, smart, and talented people plus Nintex

benjipwns

« Reply #33784 on: July 27, 2019, 09:06:40 PM »
Era has a strange complex where they assume even the dumbest of non-good media is going to hopelessly corrupt the minds of others.  Look at how they demand Joe Rogan not be discussed or how a book or TV that could be interpreted as supporting bigotry be condemned lest simple minds consume it. There is a constant whine of "I know it's not racist but others might not see it that way."
It's really actually hilarious when they start outlining the case for PewDiePie's mass murderer cult. And how KIDS WATCH THIS STUFF AND THINK ITS COOL.

So look at the kind of "horrible shit" incidents they constantly cite to support this theory:
-in a collection of various meme videos one of them happened to be from an actual legitimate alt-right guy who's probably a full Nazi and this appeared for like three seconds
    -so, a user would have to see this particular clip out of a bunch, deliberately note the username and then go visit the account, which is decidedly NOT content like PDP but instead a bunch of rants about immigrants and such total KID FODDER
-similarly, the fact that he FOLLOWED NAZIS like Ben Shapiro on Twitter, despite again no evidence of ever actually "signal boosting" them on Twitter (he filmed a joke video with Ben Shapiro for one of his series but Ben of course is humorless, which was the gag, so is unlikely to draw viewers to him from that for the same reasons as above, especially once they see how long he owned only one shirt) merely that he followed them among hundreds or more accounts
    -so, once again, a KID WHO LOVES PEW DIE PIE is going to visit his Twitter, go "wow, who does he follow because I want more PewDiePie" and see "politics writter/blogger" and other nonsense and immediately start mainlining that shit into their veins then firebomb a church

they would handwave this thinking away as NOTHING AT ALL like the violent video game purges or satantic pro-sex rock music or gay teachers on Anthur scares because well, that was all proven to be nonsense, kids and teens never interpreted the material as seriously as the adults, the argument is entirely the same, you're just carving out an exception for the things you like

it doesn't help that they SIGNAL BOOST and love stories that you can just magic this away with whether it be how ContraPoints is converting the alt-right into SJW's sucking dick down at truck stops through way too long of boring ass videos or how Ms.Galaxy went from strenuously advocating genocide (due to gaming YouTube... apparently) into a non-binary anarcho-coomunist raped by THQNordic thanks to reading posts on NeoGAF.com

obviously if a streamer or YouTuber was posting content regularly about how we need a Final Solution to SJW's of color, it's certainly rational to #cancel them, but these are generally channels which they all admit they don't watch (to be safe of course) and which certainly do no fit that lofty status of intellectual dank wadism; ResetERA.com blurs this distinction by constructing elaborate conspiracy theories (HUGGED JON TRON) and secret plans (maybe they're not overt but they're totally to normalize this by not being overt about it!) and contradictory justifications (again, Jim Sterling) of content they don't consume rather than simply say it doesn't interest them, or they don't like it because it's stupid, or they hate how it's popular and they can't understand that because they like things that are truly popular (and progressive) just look at the evidence of the Nintendo Switch's historic record breaking exclusives (which will be brought into the right side of history after the weekend) and the box office of Disney Marvel franchise films (did you know that Endgame has surpassed Avatar? did you know that Brie Larson is a woman who is two steps away from Donald Trump? SLAY QUEEN)

but in real reality nobody gives a shit about a bunch of 30 year old white males having midlife crises of varying sources who mistook the idea of "CULTivating a user base" to mean you start with a small group and start culling the non-believers as the divine word is slowly revealed via Discord and retroactively added to the scripture of the forum which is interpreted freely to the point of contradiction by the officials who enforce it

because once the most tightly-restricted registrated userbase on the internet™ has been fully purified then the most popular independent video game forum as measured by traffic will explode into the mainstream zeitgeist as a pillar of influence and not something that gets mocked on Twitter and niche forums full of beautiful, smart, and talented people plus Nintex
:umad :umad :umad :umad

Himu

« Reply #33785 on: July 27, 2019, 09:45:17 PM »
r/fatlogic has become my favorite site.

You can get weeks worth of vegan food for 20 bucks at the supermarket. Meanwhile a fast food meal costs at least 7-10 depending on the joint for ONE MEAL. There's literally no excuse besides laziness to not cook your own food.

:dead

:dead

:rofl :sabu

:sabu

« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 09:54:21 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #33786 on: July 27, 2019, 09:52:13 PM »
"Harmful Language"
"Burn calories, "Summer is coming", "shrink",
ahahaha

Himu

« Reply #33787 on: July 27, 2019, 09:53:30 PM »
SUMMER IS COMING

IYKYK

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #33789 on: July 27, 2019, 09:57:16 PM »

Himu

« Reply #33790 on: July 27, 2019, 09:57:16 PM »
sorry for being fatphobic :dead
IYKYK

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #33791 on: July 27, 2019, 10:02:11 PM »
It is a little spiteful to relish in their suffering.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #33792 on: July 27, 2019, 10:02:57 PM »
filler are you going to raise your daughters to be egirls?

Himu

« Reply #33793 on: July 27, 2019, 10:05:46 PM »
No one is relishing in their suffering. You're making fun of them for making excuses for why it's apparently healthy to be 300 pounds. Pretty much everyone at r/fatlogic are obese or formerly obese anyways.
IYKYK

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #33794 on: July 27, 2019, 10:10:28 PM »
it's one of those things where the line feels pretty obvious and all the stuff they're posting is way, way under the line

there's a difference between yelling at someone on the street to put down the fork and telling a friend that you noticed they lost some weight and they're doing great (this is somehow bad  ???)
Uncle

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #33795 on: July 27, 2019, 10:10:58 PM »
converts always are the most zealous

Himu

« Reply #33796 on: July 27, 2019, 10:16:05 PM »
it's one of those things where the line feels pretty obvious and all the stuff they're posting is way, way under the line

there's a difference between yelling at someone on the street to put down the fork and telling a friend that you noticed they lost some weight and they're doing great (this is somehow bad  ???)

this is against self care :brazilcry
IYKYK

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #33797 on: July 27, 2019, 10:27:49 PM »
When it comes to excessive eating, the punishment fits the crime.

Jansen

« Reply #33798 on: July 28, 2019, 12:16:17 AM »
how little control must brainchild have over the rest of his life to get so anal about every thread he posts remaining exclusively on topic?

(Image removed from quote.)

Jesus Christ he's the ugliest looking dude. shave that shit above your lip

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #33799 on: July 28, 2019, 12:34:04 AM »
Show us yours then

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #33800 on: July 28, 2019, 12:51:17 AM »
When did we start letting egirls post here?
sigh

EightBitNate

« Reply #33801 on: July 28, 2019, 12:55:49 AM »
how little control must brainchild have over the rest of his life to get so anal about every thread he posts remaining exclusively on topic?

anyone notice a reverse Bobby R*berts going on with his pics?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33802 on: July 28, 2019, 01:06:47 AM »
One is the Ying, the other the Yang and we are not quite sure which is which.
ὕβρις

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #33803 on: July 28, 2019, 01:08:58 AM »

anyone notice a reverse Bobby R*berts going on with his pics?

They are allowed to do that.
sigh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33804 on: July 28, 2019, 01:20:51 AM »
Bernie Sanders thread is all meta commentary now.
:lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fair-msnbc%E2%80%99s-anti-sanders-bias-makes-it-forget-how-to-do-math.131410/page-11#post-23123776

The big bully media sees me and Daddy Bernie and calls me a hussy.

Sure he pays for my college and buys me cute clothes but I worked hard for this and I don't be judged by these rude skanks on reads notes Reesaytera dot com

Daddy Bernie is gonna be the best daddy this country ever had and anybody in Europe or Canada would support my daddy.

Something wrong with the water in America

:cornette

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fair-msnbc%E2%80%99s-anti-sanders-bias-makes-it-forget-how-to-do-math.131410/post-23118412
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 07:20:17 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #33805 on: July 28, 2019, 01:28:32 AM »
All RE ended up doing in my short time as a member was basically make me avoid anybody who goes "Alt-right this and SJW that" as a constant discussion that prevails every topic. The reason i stopped visiting 4chan was constant derails with slurs and while RE would presumably be my cup of tea politically it's so myopic, crazy and useless ranting and paranoia that I just tuned off.

Idpol shit is so played out, dogs. I don't care how liberal or conservative something is or could possibly be seen by the wrong eyes that would radicalize them into running over minorities or committing White GenocideTM. If I see or hear the word agenda dropped un-ironically anywhere I immediately go somewhere else.

Cause frankly, I don't give a shit. And I don't see how anyone should give a shit. And in my trek through random RE associated discords most people there tend to not give a shit or have their own channel much like this thread bitching about it.

4chan can't be beat for shitposting
where else can I constantly lower the bar for what makes a contribution so regularly, and ultimately, it's the best way to engage with online discourse

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33806 on: July 28, 2019, 01:41:04 AM »
Doesn't have a black woman...... So? Overwatch is plenty diverse. Diversity isn't a freaking checklist.
Maybe not, but once you have 31 goddam characters, you'd think you'd have had one black woman.

So... it is a checklist ?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/screenrant-overwatchs-idea-of-diversity-could-use-some-work.131497/post-23123036
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #33807 on: July 28, 2019, 02:05:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wkd-box-office-7%E2%80%A219-21%E2%80%A219-the-king-returns-to-claim-record-july-ow-as-the-box-office-drowns-in-fudge.130303/post-23102903
User Banned (1 Week): Trolling, Minimizing representation in media

I’m not gonna buy more tickets because of representation but I do think there’ll be a lot more of it in the MCU. They’re gonna have a couple black heroes and a couple women soon with solo movies and then they’re gonna get all the gender stuff covered in eternals and thor

Also that guy in endgame was memorable!
:wtf

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #33809 on: July 28, 2019, 03:19:15 AM »
you're really deriving a lot of enjoyment from there, aren't you

Himu

« Reply #33810 on: July 28, 2019, 03:57:11 AM »
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 04:02:06 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33811 on: July 28, 2019, 04:21:33 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/childless-millennials-are-ruining-disneyland.131439/post-23105714

Disney park worker goes on long rambling yet weirdly detailed tangent about the wonders Disney© bring into the world.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/childless-millennials-are-ruining-disneyland.131439/post-23105974

Ok it's straight up actual shilling now.

- Did I tell you it has world class hotels, restaurants and activities ?
- Actually you did already a dozen messages ago.

...and again. :comeon

Because Disney World offers world class dining, broadway stage shows, and technologically impressive rides?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/childless-millennials-are-ruining-disneyland.131439/post-23125937

Can some ERA mole® just pass the message to Disney employee MrBonCon to maybe tone down the regurgitating of the training videos he's been subjected to ?
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33813 on: July 28, 2019, 06:13:49 AM »
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33815 on: July 28, 2019, 07:01:45 AM »
Is Nintendo not using voice-acting-unions unethical?

Unethical? What? No they can do what they want and it’s fine.
So Nintendo can’t be unethical? They can always do what they want?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-nintendo-not-using-voice-acting-unions-unethical.128323/post-22666247
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33816 on: July 28, 2019, 07:12:29 AM »
I've been kinda rooting against this series after the brainwashing thing they attempted to do. This is atlus level shit

Tell me more.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-not-looking-good-for-male-same-sex-romantic-supports-in-fe-three-houses-and-thats-not-acceptable-support-spoilers.122922/post-23065564
ὕβρις

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #33817 on: July 28, 2019, 07:15:37 AM »

:kermit

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33818 on: July 28, 2019, 07:52:04 AM »
TIMU is brainchild ?  :ohhh
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #33820 on: July 28, 2019, 08:21:22 AM »
TIMU is brainchild ?  :ohhh

Where does me using kermiT mean I'm an ugly fucker? :thinking

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33821 on: July 28, 2019, 09:57:20 AM »
i only know about this movie because linkin park featured in a song for the soundtrack

:kobeyuck

HaughtyFrank

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33823 on: July 28, 2019, 10:55:50 AM »
ど助平

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33824 on: July 28, 2019, 11:35:29 AM »
Another OP not listening to advice while the thread is locked to save their ass : link

:crowdlaff :neogaf :popular
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33825 on: July 28, 2019, 12:55:52 PM »
Just another example of both Britian and the United States being two of the worst things that have happened to human society.

:dunno

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33826 on: July 28, 2019, 01:14:44 PM »
Yeah the thing is even his explanations for what happened while they wouldn’t constitute sexual harassment, they were still wildly inappropriate. Like, driving a female co worker home alone and offering wine? You just don’t do that.

MikePencERA

https://www.resetera.com/threads/neil-degrasse-tyson-will-keep-his-job-at-the-american-museum-of-natural-history.131470/post-23133747
ὕβρις

EightBitNate

« Reply #33827 on: July 28, 2019, 01:18:54 PM »
Yeah the thing is even his explanations for what happened while they wouldn’t constitute sexual harassment, they were still wildly inappropriate. Like, driving a female co worker home alone and offering wine? You just don’t do that.

MikePencERA

https://www.resetera.com/threads/neil-degrasse-tyson-will-keep-his-job-at-the-american-museum-of-natural-history.131470/post-23133747

ReSharia

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33828 on: July 28, 2019, 01:26:04 PM »
Keep in mind the situation with NDT is different. He’s a star on the show and therefore this person would have been a subordinate. So driving them home and then offering them to come in for some wine is very different than if you or I did it.
There’s also the argument to be made the gesture was made at a private home and not the office where other co workers could assess the situation

:marimo
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #33829 on: July 28, 2019, 01:29:09 PM »
Just another example of both Britian and the United States being two of the worst things that have happened to human society.

:dunno

spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's an argument to be made that colonialism has cost more lives but I wasted too much time on this gag to not post it
[close]

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33830 on: July 28, 2019, 01:32:06 PM »

MikePencERA

spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's some argument to be made that colonialism has cost more lives but I wasted too much time on this gag to not post it
[close]

Neil deGrasse Tyson : more harmful than colonialism !

The inappropriate part in that NDT story (and if things happened as it was reported, there's plenty wrong with his attitude) isn't the invitation to drink an alcoholic beverage. Like Jesus Christ ERA.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 01:45:29 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #33831 on: July 28, 2019, 01:36:06 PM »
The late Victorian famines killed a lot of people but grain exports from the Raj increased so it's impossible to say if they were bad or not.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33832 on: July 28, 2019, 01:43:37 PM »
of the only two empires I know anything about britian and united states definitely rank

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33833 on: July 28, 2019, 01:44:21 PM »
if i had any more knowledge i might offer a counterpoint that you dont have 1 in 200 men with king georges dna because he wasnt personally out a-raping in his conquests

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33834 on: July 28, 2019, 01:45:43 PM »
like churchill said, "Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government" end quote

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33835 on: July 28, 2019, 01:46:49 PM »
We're losing communication with London, you're breaking lad, please repeat ! Has Boris Johnson launched the nukes ? Over.
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33836 on: July 28, 2019, 01:53:55 PM »
The inappropriate part in that NDT story (and if things happened as it was reported, there's plenty wrong with his attitude) isn't the invitation to drink an alcoholic beverage. Like Jesus Christ ERA.

I think it was back on GAF someone posted a survey that had something like 30% of millennials think that asking a co-worker out for a drink constitutes sexual harrassment, which, you know, I can't help but feel goes some way towards explaining incels

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33837 on: July 28, 2019, 02:18:09 PM »

I think it was back on GAF someone posted a survey that had something like 30% of millennials think that asking a co-worker out for a drink constitutes sexual harrassment, which, you know, I can't help but feel goes some way towards explaining incels

To be fair, depending on the people or the workplace, I can see how it could be a source of potential awkwardness to even inject that sort of thing in a professional environment, even if nothing reprehensible arises from it. If we're speaking specifically of a romantic move (because offering an alcohol drink isn't always for an ulterior motive, shocking I know).
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33838 on: July 28, 2019, 02:48:12 PM »

To be fair, depending on the people or the workplace, I can see how it could be a source of potential awkwardness to even inject that sort of thing in a professional environment, even if nothing reprehensible arises from it. If we're speaking specifically of a romantic move (because offering an alcohol drink isn't always for an ulterior motive, shocking I know).

sure, and even with romantic intentions there's a huge gap between "No? cool, no worries" and "Fucking frigid cockteasing bitch" because like most things in life the nuance is in the individuals involved and the way they conduct themselves - it was just mind blowing to me that such a huge chunk of people considered something that is generally considered extremely innocuous to be "sexual harrassment".

Like, 'fancy a drink after work sometime?' is usually a fairly safe temperature gauge to measure interest, and not used exclusively by men, and statistically a lot of people do meet their life partners at work.
I mean, it's not blocking the exit from the storeroom to try and intimidate a younger female subordinate and coerce them into a sexual relationship.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33839 on: July 28, 2019, 03:00:15 PM »
can't find the GAF thread, but this looks like a reddit thread on the same report

https://www.reddit.com/r/PurplePillDebate/comments/7r1lqk/25_of_millennial_men_think_asking_someone_for_a/