Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3751739 times)

Boredfrom

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #3600 on: March 18, 2019, 01:44:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i’d-rather-have-a-bunch-of-stereotypical-good-intentioned-characters-for-representation-than-no-representation-at-all.106059/

Tokenism is okay.

"I don't mind stereoty-"

(Image removed from quote.)

"ATLUS DID WHHAAAAAAAAT?"

And I bet you this was done in “good faith”.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #3601 on: March 18, 2019, 02:19:33 PM »
Has there been a thread about the historic flooding in the Midwest?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2019/03/18/these-incredible-images-unmask-historic-horrific-flooding-nebraska-nearby-states/?utm_term=.cae35f10ff32

I love me when we pile onto victims because they probably voted for Trump
:O

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3602 on: March 18, 2019, 02:21:46 PM »
Laura? Yeah kinda

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3603 on: March 18, 2019, 02:46:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i’d-rather-have-a-bunch-of-stereotypical-good-intentioned-characters-for-representation-than-no-representation-at-all.106059/

Tokenism is okay.

"I don't mind stereoty-"

Yeah, any representation is goo-

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-28-mass-effect-andromeda-is-another-failure-for-trans-representation

Upon first meeting Abrams the player can ask why she left for the Andromeda galaxy. Immediately she responds:

"Back home, I was filling test tubes in some dead-end lab. People knew me as Stephan. But that was never who I was. I knew what I could do and I knew who I wanted to do it as. 'Hainly Abrams, Andromeda Explorer'. That's me. Feels good. Feels right."

Most egregious of all is that Hainly willingly offers the name she was given before her transition. This is often referred to as a trans person's "dead-name" and the severity of that title should give anyone a fair idea of what it means. It is intimately tied to a period of their life filled with great distress and can be a painful reminder of that. Their dead-name is often used by those who wish to undermine their gender identity. Most trans people would not offer this former name to anyone, let alone a stranger.

Whilst it may be tempting to commend BioWare attempting to be inclusive, the reality is a well-meaning inclusion done badly can be as harmful as one done maliciously. Trans people are often written as the subject of jokes in popular culture. In those instances where they're intended to be treated respectfully, it's usually without the consultation of any trans person and thus still perpetuates false ideas.

Mass Effect Andromeda isn't the only game of late to make this kind of misstep. Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Horizon Zero Dawn also came under fire for their flawed depictions. BioWare's own past games are littered with mixed results. Dragon Age 2's Serendipity, a drag-queen elf, was written and portrayed in such a confusing way that it offended just about anyone who could have possibly related to the character.

https://twitter.com/bioware/status/849671752192077828

There was a similar controversy around Mizhena in the Baldur's Gate expansion until they realized they could spin it as outrage from gators instead (Minsc made a gamergate joke of all things, which they later removed)

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50420/my-thoughts-on-mizhena-as-a-transgender-person-myself

I was really excited to hear about Siege of Dragonspear because playing new content in one of my favorite old games is like a dream come true. I won't get into my feelings about the expansion, I just want to talk about the inclusion of Mizhena.

Mizhena is a cheap, lazy, 'safe' character who is included for the sole purpose of having a transgender character in the game.

Let me just say that as a transsexual I would never, EVER introduce myself to someone by telling them that I am a transsexual. Being trans is not fun. People are mean and cruel to you. You are mean and cruel to yourself. I do not do the things I do because I want to be a transsexual, I do them because I want to be a woman. I want to blend in as a girl as a best I can, the last thing I would EVER do is draw attention to myself for being trans.

The way your character converses with Mizhena is almost totally different than it is for everyone else in the game. You can be rude, mean, funny, or just throw a witty retort or remark to almost everyone in the game over the smallest thing, but even an evil blackguard who murders everyone in sight can only say "What a lovely name, tell me more", "How interesting" or "Good day to you". I understand that it would be politically incorrect to be rude or insult a transgender character for being trans, but to me all that does is highlight that being trans is different. The trans character is not on the same level as every other character, who can 'take' abuse from you. The trans character has to be protected from this because they're different. The way the trans character is implemented doesn't make me feel like "I'm just like everyone else" as I imagine the writer intended, it just makes me feel more like a freak or novelty. It's unrealistic.

I'm also trans and I'm re-posting some things because I need to sleep.

As a writer and a trans person, it was slightly weird to have the character mention her sex background right away. Many people don't like the inclusion of a trans person, but many wouldn't mind if the inclusion were better done.
Uncle

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #3604 on: March 18, 2019, 02:50:23 PM »
Has there been a thread about the historic flooding in the Midwest?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2019/03/18/these-incredible-images-unmask-historic-horrific-flooding-nebraska-nearby-states/?utm_term=.cae35f10ff32

I love me when we pile onto victims because they probably voted for Trump

2005: Religious leaders blame natural disasters in society's permissiveness of homosexuality.

2019: Religious followers blame natural disasters on voting preferences.

jorma

« Reply #3605 on: March 18, 2019, 02:53:55 PM »

Tokenism is okay.

"I don't mind stereoty-"

Yeah, any representation is goo-

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-28-mass-effect-andromeda-is-another-failure-for-trans-representation

I'm also trans and I'm re-posting some things because I need to sleep.

As a writer and a trans person, it was slightly weird to have the character mention her sex background right away. Many people don't like the inclusion of a trans person, but many wouldn't mind if the inclusion were better done.

all the transgirls on ree annihilated

Nuitangg

« Reply #3606 on: March 18, 2019, 03:04:56 PM »
Macgyver is an ally now.  :lol

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #3607 on: March 18, 2019, 03:11:18 PM »
 :no1curr
Margs

paprikastaude

« Reply #3608 on: March 18, 2019, 03:23:16 PM »
 :lol just say what your favorite games are. but then again, it's barely a gaming forum anymore, so of course they forgot how to do this.

paprikastaude

« Reply #3609 on: March 18, 2019, 03:36:09 PM »
That reminds me. Did they scrap the mods' own goty thread last year? I need to know which games are confirmed pure by the sacred wise men :tocry

« Reply #3610 on: March 18, 2019, 03:36:55 PM »
Did BotW have a transsexual character or were they bitching about link cross dressing?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3611 on: March 18, 2019, 03:40:36 PM »
Someone with an active Era account post this:
"Honestly I think we should stop voting for GOTY. It sends the wrong message (that games and the industry is to be celebrated).
However, as a community I think we all agree that this industry must better itself before we give it the attention it so desperately craves.

So yes, maybe we are 'small' but industry heavyweights such as Frank 'O Connor and Jason Schreier post here. If we go against the loudest voices in the room send a clear
signal against this sort of (excuse the language) masculine internet phallus measurement and promote positive values instead we might set an example that the rest of the industry will follow."
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #3612 on: March 18, 2019, 03:50:41 PM »
All of those games are awesome though  :idont (yes, even GoW. Suck a dick, Stro)

Days Gone looks boring as fuck though, with some inbred white supremacist for a protagonist. Probably gonna suck  :doge
Margs

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #3613 on: March 18, 2019, 03:51:15 PM »
That Era GOTY thread is confusing and doesnt answer all of my questions.

Where is the policy on games from problematic developers or publishers?

Will awards be revoked if, e.g., a key developer is later found to be at the centre of sexual harassment? Or what if the publisher is fueling toxic crunch culture?

What about if the lead dev of a GOTY winner or nominee is found to follow alt right figures on twitter, facebook, youtube etc?

Will awards be revoked? Will the award default to the second place winner? How will the "new" award winner be vetted to ensure that they aren't problematic? How will gaming outlets such as Kotaku be informed of the award revocation?

If users contest an award removal, will they be actioned?

These are all very pertinent, real questions. We've seen many of these situations arise over the past few WEEKS. The lack of a substantial policy document from the mod captain team that covers such scenarios is... its just... that's a major Y I K E S from me, dawg.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #3614 on: March 18, 2019, 04:03:01 PM »
The last exclusive game on any PlayStation console worth playing was Gran Turismo 3

I am right so dont even bother attempting to @ me
:O

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3615 on: March 18, 2019, 04:04:11 PM »
whatever game equanimity or loudninja has posted about most is sony goty, whatever game theorry has posted about most is xbox goty, whatever skittzo0413 posyed about most is nintendo goty.
boom, problem solved, its fucking march 2019 and :no1curr outside of consolewarrior dick waving

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3616 on: March 18, 2019, 04:04:28 PM »
Any news from Enzom ?  :crowdlaff
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3617 on: March 18, 2019, 04:11:33 PM »
What’s up with dudes on this forum trying to come for your post count when you post an opinion they don’t agree with?

I’m sorry I don’t have as many posts as you sir. I’ll try and do better I swear

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-black-culture-community-ot-4-melanin-and-estrogen-the-new-kryptonite.74863/page-170#post-18944347
ὕβρις

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #3618 on: March 18, 2019, 04:13:29 PM »
What’s up with dudes on this forum trying to come for your post count when you post an opinion they don’t agree with?

I’m sorry I don’t have as many posts as you sir. I’ll try and do better I swear

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-black-culture-community-ot-4-melanin-and-estrogen-the-new-kryptonite.74863/page-170#post-18944347

He only has 71 posts since 10/17, for those wondering.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3619 on: March 18, 2019, 04:18:50 PM »
Any news from Enzom ? 

huh, I didn't actually notice he hasn't posted since he got 'outed'.
The only thing dampening the idea of an enzom-passive-aggression-free board is
a) He'll come slinking back under a pseudonym
b) All the other passive-aggressive dickwads who'll happily pick up the slack

Must be pretty shameful to be exposed as a complete fraud.

is this hubris?

Can you sort it @Slayven?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3620 on: March 18, 2019, 04:21:49 PM »
huh, I didn't actually notice he hasn't posted since he got 'outed'.

and that last post?
pewdiepie

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3621 on: March 18, 2019, 04:24:39 PM »
ResetEra won a poll
ὕβρις

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #3622 on: March 18, 2019, 04:25:31 PM »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #3623 on: March 18, 2019, 04:29:23 PM »
being steph curry
每天生气

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #3624 on: March 18, 2019, 04:34:54 PM »
lmfao look at all this serious writeup about the way this site does its dumb goty awards this year:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/goty-2018-wrap-up-future-planning.106093/

God, SweetNicole is such a pompous self-important asshole.

What the fuck kind of forum needs 5000 words worth of rules for a GOTY thread?  Just for once act normal and post a poll with 10 choices like every other fucking gaming forum.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3625 on: March 18, 2019, 04:35:32 PM »
What did Enzom get outed for?

There's a Voat post sourced with many links (creating a chain between his Era account to his alleged YouTube one) that would suggest Enzom might be a white dude. You'll easily find it with Google. He's barely posted since... Maybe a coincidence, maybe not. I would guess if it's true the matter has been dealt with discreetly on a Discord somewhere.

I'm not really invested on the matter of what colour his skin is (we laughed at his words, not who he is) but the mere possibility is hilarious.
ὕβρις

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #3626 on: March 18, 2019, 04:37:09 PM »
It explains a hell of a lot why he so desperately wants racial slurs thrown at him.

Leadbelly

« Reply #3627 on: March 18, 2019, 04:41:17 PM »
ResetEra won a poll

Not at all surprising. Still funny all the same.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #3628 on: March 18, 2019, 04:48:29 PM »
It explains a hell of a lot why he so desperately wants racial slurs thrown at him.

say what you really mean

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3629 on: March 18, 2019, 04:51:08 PM »

say what you really mean

:kinison YOU DAMN DIRTY CAUCASIAN  :ltg
ὕβρις

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3630 on: March 18, 2019, 04:56:40 PM »
What did Enzom get outed for?

There's a Voat post sourced with many links (creating a chain between his Era account to his alleged YouTube one) that would suggest Enzom might be a white dude. You'll easily find it with Google. He's barely posted since... Maybe a coincidence, maybe not. I would guess if it's true the matter has been dealt with discreetly on a Discord somewhere.

I'm not really invested on the matter of what colour his skin is (we laughed at his words, not who he is) but the mere possibility is hilarious.

Huh, can't find it.. oh well.

edit: Ah nevermind.. well.. I mean.. he said before he passes for white?  COULD be like Logic or whatever that rappers name is.

But that looks pretty damn white.  Especially the hand in the reflection.

https://babygoats.co/v/NeoFIG/3083725

Edit: Well, you've found it. Bravo.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #3631 on: March 18, 2019, 04:59:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/8chan-responds-to-nz-attack-%E2%80%9Cyour-an-irrelevant-nation%E2%80%9D.105990/
ZeroHedge is top-tier journalism in comparison to the domestic news outlets out of NZ.

shosta

« Reply #3632 on: March 18, 2019, 05:01:06 PM »
I think your brain is poisoned
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3633 on: March 18, 2019, 05:02:37 PM »
I mean kudos to you VOAT guy. Though it takes some serious  :rethread :derp dedication to go hunt for the 12 frames of the thumb of (possibly) some guy because he posts somewhere on the Internet.
ὕβρις

ResetBanBot

« Reply #3634 on: March 18, 2019, 05:06:26 PM »
I don't think it was overkill, they should have probably gone further.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3635 on: March 18, 2019, 05:17:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/8chan-responds-to-nz-attack-%E2%80%9Cyour-an-irrelevant-nation%E2%80%9D.105990/
ZeroHedge is top-tier journalism in comparison to the domestic news outlets out of NZ.

Null is an idiot, though.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #3636 on: March 18, 2019, 05:19:52 PM »
Uh, he posted all that stuff himself, why would he go into "hiding" for something he posted publicly, on the very same community, himself? Also skin color and race aren't always straight forwardly linked, as some people on Resetera fail to understand regarding people in the Mediterranean (or in every Ariana Grande thread).
Unless he was being a dick to light skinned black posters himself, then i'd understand.

EDIT: Top of the page Yuka.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
:nsfw

Boredfrom

« Reply #3637 on: March 18, 2019, 05:28:11 PM »
Uh, he posted all that stuff himself, why would he go into "hiding" for something he posted publicly, on the very same community, himself? Also skin color and race aren't always straight forwardly linked, as some people on Resetera fail to understand regarding people in the Mediterranean (or in every Ariana Grande thread).
Unless he was being a dick to light skinned black posters himself, then i'd understand.

EDIT: Top of the page Yuka.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
:nsfw

A lot of BCT has been pretty dickish with light skinned black posters, dunno if Enzom has been one.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #3638 on: March 18, 2019, 05:35:13 PM »
Despite your opinions of Null, he did the right thing. He's standing while many others who were not legally required to had folded. Not even the EFF has the balls to speak up. This is such a bad look for New Zealand that their media outlets have to overtly lie about the nature of the inquiry.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3639 on: March 18, 2019, 05:39:36 PM »
Despite your opinions of Null, he did the right thing. He's standing while many others who were not legally required to had folded. Not even the EFF has the balls to speak up. This is such a bad look for New Zealand that their media outlets have to overtly lie about the nature of the inquiry.

Null has been pretty Islamophobic in the past, though. Why the fuck he needed to make public his tirade and being an asshole about it when he could just said “no”.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 05:43:43 PM by Boredfrom »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3640 on: March 18, 2019, 05:48:35 PM »
To pander to his mewling base. Shows how legit he is.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #3641 on: March 18, 2019, 05:59:28 PM »
There is absolutely nothing wrong with transparency in law enforcement, especially when it comes to freedom and privacy from foreign governments on the internet. To "take it to PMs" and suppress public knowledge of the intentions of the New Zealand government would be unethical considering the nature of the inquiry.

Clutch your pearls harder.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #3642 on: March 18, 2019, 06:02:30 PM »
who the fuck is null

Boredfrom

« Reply #3643 on: March 18, 2019, 06:05:34 PM »
There is absolutely nothing wrong with transparency in law enforcement, especially when it comes to freedom and privacy from foreign governments on the internet. To "take it to PMs" and suppress public knowledge of the intentions of the New Zealand government would be unethical considering the nature of the inquiry.

Clutch your pearls harder.

Come on dude, that site has cooperated with police in the past to an extent. Being transparent while being an asshole doesn’t help him at all in the long run, and has backfired horrible to him in other events.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #3644 on: March 18, 2019, 06:05:49 PM »
meta meta meta discussion. too meta for my tastes.

Clockwork5

« Reply #3645 on: March 18, 2019, 06:07:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/going-to-disneyland-without-the-kids-suggestions.106109/

Idk, maybe fuck your wife in the hotel room? What else is an adult going to do at a theme park for children?

Propagandhim

« Reply #3646 on: March 18, 2019, 06:08:31 PM »
There's a porn called "Cumfart Tsunami" that even had its own IMDB but now it is no longer featured on IMDB.  It was made in 2007

Boredfrom

Propagandhim

« Reply #3648 on: March 18, 2019, 06:18:09 PM »
Era spilling out.

https://np.reddit.com/r/PewdiepieSubmissions/comments/b2f7ok/megathread_statement_on_the_new_zealand_attack/eiscwuq/

Being fair, acting like nothing happened is kind of annoying.

That's what I'm saying... like why even call yourself the preeminent movie database on the internet.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #3649 on: March 18, 2019, 06:20:01 PM »
What's he supposed to do? Do a meme review of the video? (Please do this.)

Boredfrom

« Reply #3650 on: March 18, 2019, 06:21:32 PM »

:dayum

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3651 on: March 18, 2019, 06:30:03 PM »

Do an AMA on 8chan.
©@©™

Leadbelly

« Reply #3652 on: March 18, 2019, 06:46:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/8chan-responds-to-nz-attack-%E2%80%9Cyour-an-irrelevant-nation%E2%80%9D.105990/post-18952745

This isn't 8chan's response, this is Kiwi Farm's response.

Another choice shithole on the internet, but an important distinction since the guy who made this response is a former 8chan admin rather than anyone with current affiliation.

lol

"what's the difference. Kiwi Farms, 8chan, whatever!"

And yeah, they're both shitholes, but it is still an important detail.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #3653 on: March 18, 2019, 07:10:07 PM »
“The streak was fun while it lasted” - FernandoRocker pants shitter extraordinaire.

Bonus pic, I got into Benjis dossiers and found this!

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #3654 on: March 18, 2019, 07:16:21 PM »
lmfao look at all this serious writeup about the way this site does its dumb goty awards this year:

God, SweetNicole is such a pompous self-important asshole.

What the fuck kind of forum needs 5000 words worth of rules for a GOTY thread?  Just for once act normal and post a poll with 10 choices like every other fucking gaming forum.
moblin has moved on to liking posts that mirror my exact sentiments

The streak was fun while it lasted :stahp

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #3655 on: March 18, 2019, 07:20:56 PM »
----
Hello community,

Thank you to everyone for another thrilling Games of the Year event here at ResetEra! Now that the votes have been counted and the results published, we on the GOTY team would like to take the opportunity to talk about what went well and what could go better next time. With this now being the second year that the team has handled this event, we've identified several recurring issues that I am going to highlight and address in this thread.

The Issues

Vote Formatting & Spelling
Although we've added tools to alleviate this issue, such as VoteBot and volunteers who alert voters to incorrect ballots, many posters are still formatting their votes incorrectly. Format mistakes make things harder for everyone involved! On a similar note, we've seen a lot of typos and spelling issues such as forgetting a colon in a game's name, leaving a letter off the end, forgetting a "the" at the start of a game name, and so on. This can result in votes not counting, and it creates additional work for vote tabulation to ensure that we've consolidated the votes for every misspelling and permutation of a game's name. This is something we want to try and reduce as much as possible going forward.

Remasters/Remakes
Remakes and remasters have been a common point of confusion. We received a lot of questions why a game such as Hollow Knight and Shadow of the Colossus was not eligible for Game of the Year voting while Let's Go, for example, was. While we've tried to be clear about what criteria is used to define the remake/remaster category, the results are still generating a lot of confusion.

Categories
There have been some issues with how categories are handled for GOTY voting. Because GOTY voting is a single ballot for Game of the Year, there is no individual voting for specific categories such as best RPG and such. Instead, we use meta tags to handle category placement and results. For example, God of War had the following meta tags: Playstation 4 and Action-Adventure. This means that the game was only eligible for those categories, and the votes for the game in those categories are the same as the votes for the overall GOTY list.

This can create strange scenarios where a game, for example, has a bad port on one system but still receives a high result for that platform's results because the game was fine on another system. Another strange scenario: In 2018 voting, Assassin's Creed Odyssey placed on the Best Switch Game list because of the release of the game in Japan which resulted in the meta tag for Switch being added to the game. It is clear team that meta tags for category placement are not producing satisfactory results.

Proposed Changes

With the issues outlined above in mind, we're looking at making the following changes to the GOTY voting process for 2019:

Category Nomination Round
The first major change would be changing the way the voting process works by adding an additional round of voting. Currently, voting is done in a single round with GOTY + categories done at the same time using the same list. For 2019, we'd like to add a round of voting before the GOTY voting which would likely be called "Category Nominations."

Category Nominations would be a round of voting where voters nominate games for consideration for certain categories (excluding GOTY). Ideally, voters would be able to nominate 3 games for each category. Once Category Nomination is over, the top 5 results from each category would be the nominees for that category and eligible for voting in the final round.

The final round of voting would look much like the current system with a general Top Ten GOTY list for the GOTY category. In addition, voters would be able to vote for one game for each category. The end result would be the standard top twenty list and category results that are not based on meta tags.

Here's a simplified breakdown of it:

Category Nomination round
Nominate up to three games for each category
Nominations are un-ordered (order does not matter, each nomination is one point)
Normal round
Top 5 from each category are eligible for voting for that category in the final round (choose one)
Standard GOTY vote like previous years
We believe this will allow for more accurate categories as category winners will not simply be determined off of the GOTY vote list. It will hopefully give opportunity for other games to shine and help drive discussion about aspects of games that haven't been covered in previous years. As part of this round voting, we would look at expanding the categories currently offered. Because meta tags wouldn't be used for determining category eligibility, there could be categories introduced that we weren't previously able to offer such as Best Story or Best Music.

Below are some of the categories that the team would like to see added. Do note that this list is no where near finalized. This is simply a rough draft of categories that we could include if we changed to a two round voting system.
All Existing Platform Categories
All Existing Genre Categories
Best Narrative/Story
Best Voice Acting
Best Graphics
Best Ongoing Game
Best Artistic Direction
Best Music
Best Indie Game
Best Sound Design
Best Level Design
Game We Can't Stop Playing
Most Fun with Friends
Most "Badass" Game
Cutest Game
Craziest Game
Best Competitive Multiplayer
Best Guilty Pleasure Game
Best Character Designs/Best Characters
Best Niche Game/Best Underrated
Best Experimental Game
Vote Formatting
In order to address formatting issues, we're looking at tech solutions to streamline the voting process. Rest assured, we know that people like to the format and create their own lists to look back on later, so even if there is a tech solution found, we would not remove the GOTY voting thread. Instead, the GOTY voting thread might simply become a thread for you to show others how you voted, formatting your list however you want.

Remake/Remasters Eligibility
Going forward, we'd like to either clarify the rules regarding what is considered a remake/remaster and what isn't. Resident Evil 2, for instance, is a substantial overhaul from the original and thus should be eligible for GOTY. This was the case with Pokemon Let’s Go. Shadow of the Colossus, however, was simply a graphical upgrade, and in theory should not be eligible. That said, we could always have a “Best Remake” category. Simply put, if a game remake/remaster is MORE than just a graphics overhaul, then it would be eligible for GOTY.

The alternate approach could be that, if voters feel that the category system ensures remakes/remasters will not overwhelm the system, that such games are eligible for GOTY and categories. Another alternative could be that the games are eligible for GOTY and not categories or even categories and not GOTY. There's a variety of different options and approaches we could take, and it largely depends on what you all want.

Conclusion

We are seeking your feedback regarding the proposed changes to the 2019 GOTY process. While we cannot respond to every post in this thread, we'll try to respond where and when we can. Our intention is to foster this discussion in the community and collect feedback. Either late this month or early next month, we will provide a breakdown of the received feedback and finalize what changes, if any, we'll be making to 2019 GOTY voting. Thanks for your continued support, and we look forward to your thoughts!

She thinks they are electing the goddamn pope with all those damn rules.
sigh

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3656 on: March 18, 2019, 07:22:08 PM »
Please read this 5000 word mod post before typing the name of the video game that you liked the most.
©@©™

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #3657 on: March 18, 2019, 07:26:48 PM »
Please read this 5000 word mod post before typing the name of the video game that you liked the most.
It was [Nintendo or Sony exclusive], this year!  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3658 on: March 18, 2019, 07:31:58 PM »
Yeah, 8chan is totally the uh Winner in this situation  :clap

Not a good look for the police to investigate the mass murder commited by an edgelord
🤴

shosta

« Reply #3659 on: March 18, 2019, 07:39:58 PM »
FACT CHECK: it's 1255 words
每天生气