Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3795414 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #37680 on: August 15, 2019, 01:32:44 PM »
Even if only some of it is transphobic shit, that doesn't undo the real harm it does. At best it looks like you're indifferent to a comedian with a huge audience and a lot of influence saying that sort of stuff. Which is fucked.

The transphobia could just be 10 seconds of his standup and it'd still be fucked, it's indefensible.

:rofl
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #37681 on: August 15, 2019, 01:37:53 PM »
tbh even if he doesn't mention trans people or outrage culture once in this special it'll still cause irreparable harm because people will see it and laugh and then say "I wonder what else this man has joked about" and look up his other specials and then get exposed to the transphobia
Uncle

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #37682 on: August 15, 2019, 01:39:38 PM »
I read a history book once. Never again. :(

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37683 on: August 15, 2019, 01:40:49 PM »
Who wants to bet $10 that Dave does a transgender or gender joke within 20 minutes of his new special.
🤴

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #37684 on: August 15, 2019, 02:02:46 PM »
My favorite thing to do with KHarvey was just come into a thread I didn't give a shit about and pick the opposite side he was on. Then completely ruin the thread as we go back and forth for pages trying to refute the other.

He was incapable of realizing he was being trolled. He refused to let you post the final word, so you could drag it on for pages and pages. I used to tell him he reminded me of a puppy that you dangle a sock in front of. Instinctual urge to latch on, pull the opposite way and never let go.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #37685 on: August 15, 2019, 02:05:45 PM »
I read a history book once. Never again. :(
so you're admitting to your history of history?

paprikastaude

« Reply #37686 on: August 15, 2019, 02:06:59 PM »
Reading books is alt-right, only trust our homemade wikis.  :social2  Science is for nazis. :social We need dictators. :six: Burkas for all women. :dsp  Worship corporations. :bobby Bully the mentally ill into suicide for cussing.  :joker

:reeeee  P :clap  R :clap O :clap  G :clap  R :clap  E :clap  S :clap S :clap I :clap  V :clap  E :clap
  F :clap  O :clap  R :clap  U :clap  M  :reeeee

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #37687 on: August 15, 2019, 02:09:22 PM »
#TrustTheProgress
每天生气

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #37688 on: August 15, 2019, 02:10:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dave-chappelle-netflix-standup-trailer-sticks-stones-narrated-by-god.135058/post-23622472

Oh well there it is. We're not significant

LOL, the persecution complex is deep with Nora. The person she's responding to was saying the "transphobic" joke was only 2 mins of a 60 min show, so it wasn't a significant part of the act.

"SEE? SEEEEE??? THEY THINK WE AREN'T SIGNIFICANT!"

:doge

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #37689 on: August 15, 2019, 02:12:05 PM »
autocracy  :aah :aah :aah

Tasty

« Reply #37690 on: August 15, 2019, 02:22:43 PM »
True autocracy is being run by machines. :rejoice

In which case I'd be fucked since I'm kinda shitty about test automation as it is...

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #37691 on: August 15, 2019, 02:24:32 PM »
man is weak
machines will rule

Tasty

« Reply #37692 on: August 15, 2019, 02:27:29 PM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37693 on: August 15, 2019, 02:44:12 PM »
Quote from: Puck Beaverton
Excited for the graveyard the official thread will turn into

last couple months really feels like large portions of era in on their own joke

Yeah, they've chilled the fuck out somewhat, been less up their own arses, and even hit some protected users going over the line.

Coincidentally, forum administrator, sweetnicole loyalist, female subordinate intimidator and corporate hr liason finale fireworker has been "on hiatus"

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #37694 on: August 15, 2019, 02:49:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dave-chappelle-netflix-standup-trailer-sticks-stones-narrated-by-god.135058/post-23622472

Oh well there it is. We're not significant

LOL, the persecution complex is deep with Nora. The person she's responding to was saying the "transphobic" joke was only 2 mins of a 60 min show, so it wasn't a significant part of the act.

"SEE? SEEEEE??? THEY THINK WE AREN'T SIGNIFICANT!"

:doge

"Chappelle should have spent the entire set being the transphobe he really is!"

Boredfrom

« Reply #37695 on: August 15, 2019, 02:55:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wapo-jeffery-epsteins-autopsy-reveals-neck-injuries-more-consistent-with-homicide-than-suicide.135048/

Surely the mods will have a good sense of humor about everyone making fun of them in this thread

Is there a bigger authoritarian/corporate bootlicker than KHarvey16?  :brain

He still lets nutso than most of RE, though.

You should dig up his posts defending pedophilia.

I didn’t say he wasn’t a nutso. :bolo

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #37696 on: August 15, 2019, 03:20:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-mirror-is-real-woman-criticizes-amazon-on-twitter-gets-flooded-with-branded-amazon-employee-accounts-exalting-the-company.135019/

That comes as very creepy and insincere

As opposed to PR firms? I mean, all amazon is doing is bringing PR in house.

Do amazon realise how pathetic this makes them look?

Just look at how much *checks stocks price* they care.

All the big video game companies also shill but at least they have the common decency to deny it. Amazon doesn't care and just say it directly: they are paying people to write positive impressions about the company.

:mindblown
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 03:24:27 PM by Cauliflower Of Love »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #37697 on: August 15, 2019, 03:25:57 PM »
The tweet chain is pretty funny, but they all disclose that they're members of Amazon FC. Is that really a TERRIFYING NEW FUTURE OMG BLACK MIRROR IS REAL NOW vs. people going on Twitter and shilling for brands (and countries) without disclosing their allegiances?
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #37698 on: August 15, 2019, 03:27:18 PM »
Looking for the "you all do this for free on era for disney" post.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #37699 on: August 15, 2019, 03:28:33 PM »
people going on Twitter and shilling for brands (and countries) without disclosing their allegiances?
can we not bring up games journalists for just one page smh

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #37700 on: August 15, 2019, 03:32:07 PM »
With their inability to understand satire, lack of tech knowledge, and outright idiocy all the "omg itz blck mirroz!" posts kinda make sense though.

Amazon PR needs to step in and tell them to stop.

oy vey!

jorma

« Reply #37701 on: August 15, 2019, 03:46:26 PM »
i think this is some serious bitch eating crackers here, because those human amazon bots were fucking creepy the way they tag teamed that girl as she grilled them

Tasty

« Reply #37702 on: August 15, 2019, 03:54:54 PM »
Liberal democracies work for some cultures, population size, level of development, racial diversity etc. It's not a one size fits all glove. It's clearly not working in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's not working out for the USA these days.

:science

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #37703 on: August 15, 2019, 04:06:42 PM »
I like how a large part of the people there think the creators are racist when the reason is quite sensible

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-algorithms-that-detect-hate-speech-online-are-biased-against-black-people.135134/post-23626129

This is in large part because what is considered offensive depends on social context. Terms that are slurs when used in some settings — like the “n-word” or “queer” — may not be in others. But algorithms — and content moderators who grade the test data that teaches these algorithms how to do their job — don’t usually know the context of the comments they’re reviewing.

paprikastaude

« Reply #37704 on: August 15, 2019, 04:08:02 PM »
 :brain we need to disestablish US democracy so Trump can't disestablish US democracy  :brain

:rollsafe                                                                                       :reeeee :reeeee

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37705 on: August 15, 2019, 04:21:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-mirror-is-real-woman-criticizes-amazon-on-twitter-gets-flooded-with-branded-amazon-employee-accounts-exalting-the-company.135019/

That comes as very creepy and insincere

As opposed to PR firms? I mean, all amazon is doing is bringing PR in house.

Do amazon realise how pathetic this makes them look?

Just look at how much *checks stocks price* they care.

All the big video game companies also shill but at least they have the common decency to deny it. Amazon doesn't care and just say it directly: they are paying people to write positive impressions about the company.

:mindblown
That is creepy as fuck. All of those accounts are clearly written by the same AI/PR.
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #37706 on: August 15, 2019, 05:10:17 PM »
I like how a large part of the people there think the creators are racist when the reason is quite sensible

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-algorithms-that-detect-hate-speech-online-are-biased-against-black-people.135134/post-23626129

This is in large part because what is considered offensive depends on social context. Terms that are slurs when used in some settings — like the “n-word” or “queer” — may not be in others. But algorithms — and content moderators who grade the test data that teaches these algorithms how to do their job — don’t usually know the context of the comments they’re reviewing.

Quote from: Seasonics
Because the same sentence can be hate speech or not depending on who says it

:rollsafe
Uncle

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37707 on: August 15, 2019, 05:33:17 PM »
Quote from: PixelatedDonut
Quote from: Indeed
Quote from: MrH
As an outsider America just gets scarier and scarier, I couldn't imagine living in such a place.
As an insider from America, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. It isn't all roses, but It's easy to ignore the major news networks and see all the awesome things about this country that make it worthwhile.
This is just about the stupidest post I've seen on this site. Taking pride in ignoring the issues in America that hurt people.

(Image removed from quote.)

AMERICA SUCKS ITS THE WORST

well actually things arent that bad there are a lot of good things to if you just-

SHUT UP HOW DARE YOU IGNORE HOW AWFUL AMERICA IS
dog

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #37708 on: August 15, 2019, 05:33:49 PM »
i think this is some serious bitch eating crackers here, because those human amazon bots were fucking creepy the way they tag teamed that girl as she grilled them

It's not like they randomly @ed her or anything, she jumped in a twitter post about the thing they're doing.

jorma

« Reply #37709 on: August 15, 2019, 05:50:42 PM »

It's not like they randomly @ed her or anything, she jumped in a twitter post about the thing they're doing.

she responded critically to an official amazon tweet and got swarmed by those drones, when she engaged one of them they started to take turns responding as if they were all part of the same hive. it looks creepy as fuck, and that's that.  :hmph

KarpalaJoe

« Reply #37710 on: August 15, 2019, 05:52:07 PM »
The tweet chain is pretty funny, but they all disclose that they're members of Amazon FC. Is that really a TERRIFYING NEW FUTURE OMG BLACK MIRROR IS REAL NOW vs. people going on Twitter and shilling for brands (and countries) without disclosing their allegiances?

All the while some autists over Resetera spend their whole life shilling for Nintendo on daily basis.

Most recent examples :

https://www.resetera.com/threads/not-happy-with-nuking-out-of-youtube-all-fe-music-nintendo-hits-gilvasunner-copyright-claims-and-brawlbrstms3-terminated.134723/

When you purchase the soundtracks, you're able to listen to them.

Yup. It's like pirating, unless if it's uploaded officially by the publisher just like many music videos on Youtube.

Yeah, Nintendo has a lot of byzantine anti-consumer practices.

Buuuuuuuut this wasn't one of them. Nintendo doesn't HAVE to make any of this shit available and that doesn't excuse flagrant IP abuse. Sucks, but that's capitalism for ya.

Fuck Nintendo for policing their copyrights!!!!!

They really shot themselves in the foot!

It's almost as if negotiating music rights is hilariously complex. You'd think the state of Final Fantasy tracks in Smash would clue people in on that, but...

I honestly find this a lousy argument since you can make the same argument about other things like robbery. Heck, this BS argument is why we can't get our gun laws changed in the US.

And before someone say it, no I'm not comparing music being delated with real world crime. I'm talking about the line of thinking of 'you shouldn't do something since people will just do it elsewhere'.

:o :lol

Nintendo fantard are the worst.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #37712 on: August 15, 2019, 06:25:50 PM »

she responded critically to an official amazon tweet and got swarmed by those drones, when she engaged one of them they started to take turns responding as if they were all part of the same hive. it looks creepy as fuck, and that's that.  :hmph

When amazon chat responds quickly it's great service, when amazon pr does it it's creepy?

:hmph

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37713 on: August 15, 2019, 06:31:18 PM »
Have a look at all those Amazon tweets and the way they are written. They are either the same AI or they are the same PR person running from a script. The tone and style of language is too uniform to be all individuals posting their "real" thoughts.
Spud

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #37714 on: August 15, 2019, 06:39:27 PM »

Most recent examples :

https://www.resetera.com/threads/not-happy-with-nuking-out-of-youtube-all-fe-music-nintendo-hits-gilvasunner-copyright-claims-and-brawlbrstms3-terminated.134723/

:'( :'( :'( I love Gilva. Absolutely hate when companies do this. SEGA used to be the kings at this. Once every two years or so they would come down with the napalm and would have channels deleted. Was quite a sight to behold. And for what? Eventually people started to upload things again. Hey dum dums. Maybe if people happen to stumble upon a cool track they might... I don't know check out the game it came from? Nahhh. Never happens.

benita

« Reply #37715 on: August 15, 2019, 06:48:12 PM »
If the model was trained on the BCT, I'd have absolutely no issue believing that a black person is 2.2 times more likely to post "fuck white people" than the opposite.

Tasty

« Reply #37716 on: August 15, 2019, 07:00:34 PM »
Are GilvaSunner and SilvaGunner the same? :thinking

Cause this is my fucking shit:

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #37717 on: August 15, 2019, 07:56:29 PM »
If the model was trained on the BCT, I'd have absolutely no issue believing that a black person is 2.2 times more likely to post "fuck white people" than the opposite.

shosta

« Reply #37719 on: August 15, 2019, 09:07:34 PM »
That's awesome, OP! I'm looking for someone to debate me as well, but no luck yet.
每天生气

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #37720 on: August 15, 2019, 09:32:01 PM »
What were your counterpoints OP?

will get back on that, at a movie

Cool thread.
©@©™

BikeJesus

« Reply #37721 on: August 15, 2019, 09:44:35 PM »
resetera is bad for their users mental health.

:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Tripon

benita

« Reply #37725 on: August 15, 2019, 10:16:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/katy-perry-accused-of-sexually-harassing-actor-josh-kloss-at-a-party.134936/page-6#post-23627455

When I was a senior in High School, during lunch period I constantly had a group of female students literally chasing after me, trying to pull down my pants and underwear in the cafeteria, pinching me on the butt, grabbing my crotch area. I was running away from them yelling "Help, help help!!!!" One time, a vice principal for the school who were monitoring the lunch period came to me and told me "Stop yelling for help or I will suspend you from school. You should like what those girls are doing to you unless, are you gay by any chance?" I went to the principal of the school to complain and the principal told me "You should like what those girls are doing to you. Why don't you want the attention? Are you gay by any chance?" I was in high school from 2002-2003 so LGBTQ+ acceptance was virtually non-existent during that time. I went to my mom who was a guidance counselor in the same high school I went to and complained, she went to report what was going on and couldn't get anything done with the group of students who were sexually assaulting me during lunch. It got to the point that we threatened to go to the police only for the principal to tell us that he will order everyone to lie about what they saw

One time, a vice principal for the school who were monitoring the lunch period came to me and told me "Stop yelling for help or I will suspend you from school. You should like what those girls are doing to you unless, are you gay by any chance?"

I went to the principal of the school to complain and the principal told me "You should like what those girls are doing to you. Why don't you want the attention? Are you gay by any chance?"

Hmm, 2 people said exactly the same verbose, weird shit? Then the Principal admitted that he would order the entire fucking school to lie to the police?

Yeah that happened.

Tripon

« Reply #37726 on: August 15, 2019, 10:24:32 PM »
Yeah, that's a lie. 2002 wasn't the fucking stone ages. Also, no fucking admin would threaten suspension as a joke. They'd get sued.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #37727 on: August 15, 2019, 10:26:10 PM »
When I was a senior in High School, during lunch period I constantly had a group of female students literally chasing after me, trying to pull down my pants and underwear in the cafeteria, pinching me on the butt, grabbing my crotch area. I was running away from them yelling "Help, help help!!!!" One time, a vice principal for the school who were monitoring the lunch period came to me and told me "Stop yelling for help or I will suspend you from school. You should like what those girls are doing to you unless, are you gay by any chance?"

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #37728 on: August 15, 2019, 11:24:20 PM »
That man’s name? Alan Turing.
©@©™

blame space

« Reply #37729 on: August 15, 2019, 11:55:00 PM »
fuckin' Junior at the end of the gif  :dead

he never had the makings of a varsity drinker

benita

« Reply #37730 on: August 16, 2019, 12:08:31 AM »
Damn, just read KSweeley has Asperger's and now I feel bad

:mjcry

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #37731 on: August 16, 2019, 12:43:11 AM »
So Cliffy B is out of his... What? 2 month retirement?

Dudes such a fraud.

4 months, AFAIK. Radical Shites died in April, IIRC.

Either way, nobody will take him seriously besides dinosaurs that think he has "one last game" to "stick it to those gamers" on.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #37732 on: August 16, 2019, 12:46:35 AM »

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #37733 on: August 16, 2019, 01:05:23 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-verge-8chan-owner-jim-watkins-subpoenaed-to-testify-before-u-s-house-committee-on-homeland-security-on-september-5th.135215/#post-23636527

Quote from: Unemployed unpaid ‘journalist’ Hobbes
What happens when you are deplatformed from the mainstream sites?

8chan.

I rest my case.

Hobbes with the hard hitting journalism again.

Bore Expert

« Reply #37734 on: August 16, 2019, 01:09:02 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-strong-was-bruce-lee.135224/#post-23637625

You had to have the calm and resolve from 1,000 fights if you wanted to beat him.

:wow

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #37735 on: August 16, 2019, 01:10:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-verge-8chan-owner-jim-watkins-subpoenaed-to-testify-before-u-s-house-committee-on-homeland-security-on-september-5th.135215/#post-23636527

8chan.

I rest my case.

Hobbes with the winning case

shosta

« Reply #37736 on: August 16, 2019, 01:18:09 AM »
What happens when you're banned from Resetera.com?

You go to the Bore and laugh at RadishRose's posts on seniorforums.com.

I rest my case.
每天生气

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #37737 on: August 16, 2019, 01:21:47 AM »

8chan.

I rest my case.

Hobbes with the winning case

The fringe has always existed and will always exist regardless of what the mainstream does.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #37738 on: August 16, 2019, 01:23:47 AM »
What happens when you're banned from Resetera.com?

You go to the Bore and laugh at RadishRose's posts on seniorforums.com.

I rest my case.

I’m laughing with RR :ltg

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #37739 on: August 16, 2019, 02:18:46 AM »
Picture of me (shirtless) with one of the many females that would chase me around trying to grope my hog and pinch my butt.

The rest of the "gang" that would assault me.

Back then gay high schoolers were getting lynched

The sadistic leader.

The spankings and ear tonguings she gave me led to my life of becoming an incel.
sigh