Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3800679 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #5340 on: March 24, 2019, 07:52:47 PM »
r/mueller:

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5341 on: March 24, 2019, 07:56:58 PM »
Now watch the right call on Trump to pardon Flynn and Manafort (and he'll do it).  :doge
🤴

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #5342 on: March 24, 2019, 08:03:08 PM »
if scooter libby can get a pardon, so can american heroes like Michael Flynn  :american
每天生气

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #5343 on: March 24, 2019, 08:05:29 PM »
What is benji's beef with PogiBB?

benjipwns

« Reply #5344 on: March 24, 2019, 08:06:13 PM »
Flynn shouldn't get a pardon just for being dumb enough to talk to the feds on the record without contacting his attorney. :ufup

benjipwns

« Reply #5345 on: March 24, 2019, 08:08:47 PM »
As for Manafort, I would consider a commutation just to see if he can commit ALL the crimes on the books.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5346 on: March 24, 2019, 08:14:06 PM »
As for Manafort, I would consider a commutation just to see if he can commit ALL the crimes on the books.
Trump didn't like Manafort. The kids brought him in to 'control' his worst urges.

Manafort wanted Steve to look at a transcript of a story, yet another one, that a New York Times reporter had sent to him. Bannon read the first three paragraphs and then looked up him.
“Twelve-point-seven-million-dollar payment from Ukraine?”
“How much of this is true?” Bannon asked.
[...]
Just as Steve had thought, the story ran the next day, August 15, on Page One, above the fold.
“I’ve got a crook running my campaign,” Trump said when he read it.
Investigators could've saved a ton of time had they just followed Trump's gut on these things.
Because the orange man was right about everything relating to his campaign and the investigation.  :doge
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5347 on: March 24, 2019, 08:15:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-exactly-is-the-deal-with-this-%E2%80%9Canti-sjw%E2%80%9D-bullshit-in-the-gaming-community.107390/post-19184063

I'll answer your question here, OP.

Yes, many are racists or misogynists that only want white men represented. I don't, however, believe that most are that way. I think most just want to be colorblind again. Let me explain.

When I was growing up, Samus was one of my favorite characters. She wasn't a woman to me, she was just Samus. Same with every other character. Same goes for movies.  Ripley wasn't a woman, she was Ripley. All I cared about was the character.

Even as recently as my undergrad years, I had a buddy I met in college I didn't even notice was of Asian descent until someone mentioned it months later. Perhaps that was because his name was Lawrence, but regardless. Race, gender, etc., were pretty insignificant to me.

Then I started browsing forums like GAF. Everything became about color, everything became about gender. And now I find myself noticing the race and gender of most characters. And I don't like noticing, because those surface-level characteristics are the most shallow elements of a character.

Now, I get that some of you may say, "It's good that you're noticing, because now we can fix the inequality." I get that, and I get the sentiment. But the bottom line is I don't like seeing race and gender first. I've been pushed into it by this huge focus on race and gender.

So to answer your question, OP: Why are so many people "anti-SJW"? Because they wish they could go back to being colorblind/genderblind. They want to go back to how they used to feel about characters. But they probably can't. Now that we've been so focused on representation as a society, we're all bound to notice. And that's uncomfortable, because many of us were raised on the notion that making race or gender an important factor is wrong.

:umad
why not post this on era?
 :teehee

Its also because it derails discussion about the game; look at this bullshit:
https://kotaku.com/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-is-getting-a-sequel-1833479366
The World of Darkness can be fraught at times. The original game traded in careless depictions of sex work and some tired writing about mental illnesses like disassociative identity disorder. You could play as a member of the mentally-addled but prophecy-gifted Malkavian clan, with altered dialogue that, while humorous, danced a fine line in terms of taste. There was even some racial stereotyping for good measure.

VtM:B is one of the all time classics.
It would be lovely to think that VtM:B2 gets within spitting distance.
But this approach makes VtM:B retroactively 'broken' and needing to be 'fixed' (which, you know, it was, but not in the ways Kotaku want to talk about).

This "tired writing about mental illnesses"

is so fucking great that a shout out to it is a preorder bonus for the sequel

benjipwns

« Reply #5348 on: March 24, 2019, 08:22:47 PM »
The biggest dumbest thing and one I can't ever figure out from these "social studies warriors" that ResetERA.com is infested with is how they've confused talking about a thing for the thing itself. Especially when critically or mockingly doing so.

To use the trite Blazing Saddles example of it mocking racism as being seen as "promoting" it because the racists aren't immediately murdered. Or something like Vampire (or Star Trek) using metaphorical racism/nationalism/etc. to critique/mock the actual.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5349 on: March 24, 2019, 08:25:44 PM »
pawgijones  :shaq

Averon

« Reply #5350 on: March 24, 2019, 08:26:24 PM »
Quote from: LukeOP
But we don’t know what the Mueller report says so making claims like “no evidence of collusion” is entirely misleading. Why are you trying to mislead people?

Right wing conspiracy theories have no comparison to the legitimate case of the Trump campaign working with Putin’s government to steal an election.

Quote from: Novel
Given their other posts, I'm getting a certain vibe about thier leanings.

:hans1 :drudge Those crafty Russian bots are still on Reee. :hans1 :drudge

How did they avoid the ban hammer for so long? Do some of the mods have...Russian sympathies   :ohhh

benjipwns

« Reply #5351 on: March 24, 2019, 08:29:21 PM »
But we don't know what the unedited actual truthful Mueller Report says so why is LukeOP trying to mislead people by gaslighting about the eventually released Mueller Propaganda?

benjipwns

« Reply #5352 on: March 24, 2019, 08:31:14 PM »
The Mueller Report
The Mueller Propaganda

wow just like the Jason Bourne title blunder

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5353 on: March 24, 2019, 08:33:41 PM »
The biggest dumbest thing and one I can't ever figure out from these "social studies warriors" that ResetERA.com is infested with is how they've confused talking about a thing for the thing itself. Especially when critically or mockingly doing so.

To use the trite Blazing Saddles example of it mocking racism as being seen as "promoting" it because the racists aren't immediately murdered. Or something like Vampire (or Star Trek) using metaphorical racism/nationalism/etc. to critique/mock the actual.

The conceit of an ethical vampire is so laughable.
At best the entire notion of a vampire is a thinly veiled metaphor for a serial rapist. They are literally predators.
Using your vampire rapenosis powers to get a victims 'consent' is still at the same level as fratboys with rohypnol.

There is no way you can make a game about being a vampire and keep it 'woke'. That's basically the point. Its about being a depraved predator and kidding yourself that you're not.

benjipwns

« Reply #5354 on: March 24, 2019, 08:35:13 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #5355 on: March 24, 2019, 08:37:04 PM »
SweetNicole is going to regret that tattoo I think.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5356 on: March 24, 2019, 08:38:01 PM »
pretty sweet jay leno tat breh

PogiJones

« Reply #5357 on: March 24, 2019, 08:38:30 PM »
See what I mean, TIMU? My careposts are great and get quoted a lot but only 1 like.

:rodney

benjipwns

« Reply #5358 on: March 24, 2019, 08:38:36 PM »
I'm highly agitated by the right part of the shirt on it.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #5359 on: March 24, 2019, 08:40:30 PM »

Its also because it derails discussion about the game; look at this bullshit:
https://kotaku.com/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-is-getting-a-sequel-1833479366
The World of Darkness can be fraught at times. The original game traded in careless depictions of sex work and some tired writing about mental illnesses like disassociative identity disorder. You could play as a member of the mentally-addled but prophecy-gifted Malkavian clan, with altered dialogue that, while humorous, danced a fine line in terms of taste. There was even some racial stereotyping for good measure.

VtM:B is one of the all time classics.
It would be lovely to think that VtM:B2 gets within spitting distance.
But this approach makes VtM:B retroactively 'broken' and needing to be 'fixed' (which, you know, it was, but not in the ways Kotaku want to talk about).

This "tired writing about mental illnesses"
(Image removed from quote.)
is so fucking great that a shout out to it is a preorder bonus for the sequel

This. I don't mind stuff like extra options in the character creator pronouns etc. but often times progressives come off more like the "no fun police" . A mature story about vampires should be drenched in sex, blood and violence
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 08:47:18 PM by HaughtyFrank »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5360 on: March 24, 2019, 08:42:53 PM »
They’re bitches who are attention-seeking trolls to make up for their extremely boring lives but sees themselves as redpilled saviours of gaming when the most they do is jerk off to anime girls and repeats « cartoon characters don’t have rights » to justify jacking off to concerning drawings

Rman

« Reply #5361 on: March 24, 2019, 08:43:35 PM »
What's up with Bangai-O? Dude makes the craziest threads lol.

benjipwns

« Reply #5362 on: March 24, 2019, 08:44:39 PM »
However I don’t think this is a white issue. It’s definitely a man issue but this is extremely prevalent regardless of race, lots of non-white ppl harbours the same views even if it harms them the most. It’s not an issue of diversity when a lot of ppl from various backgrounds inherently believes whiteness is the norm as it was cultivated in video games.

benjipwns

« Reply #5363 on: March 24, 2019, 08:45:00 PM »
People saying "they're just trolls" clearly have no idea the impact this alt-right bullshit has had on the world. I (unfortunately) have heard my inner circle of friends using language like this constantly, parroting toxic viewpoints and unironically using "SJW" as some regressive slur.

They're not trolls. It's out there and it's real. Take it seriously.

benjipwns

« Reply #5364 on: March 24, 2019, 08:45:56 PM »
I think I need to make a leftist YT series to counteract these right wingers.

benjipwns

« Reply #5365 on: March 24, 2019, 08:46:29 PM »
this thread is amazing for avatar quotes
Quite simply, they are entitled children who feel like their hobby becoming more inclusive somehow diminishes their identity. They feel like these gaming trends are signifying some sort of cultural erasure for the "gamer". Basically, they are ignorant, juvenile, miscreants. They are lashing out because they are afraid, and they are afraid because ignorant people feel like everything that doesn't fit into the confines of the tiny reality they have built for themselves in their minds is a threat.

PogiJones

« Reply #5366 on: March 24, 2019, 08:57:23 PM »

I actually did send it to the OP in a PM. He responded "I appreciate your response and glad you shared this with me." but then didn't course-correct his thread at all.  :idont

tummyfat

« Reply #5367 on: March 24, 2019, 08:58:27 PM »
I think Kiwifarms flew too close to the sun. RIP

ResetBanBot

« Reply #5368 on: March 24, 2019, 09:01:24 PM »
don't get your hopes up

benjipwns

« Reply #5369 on: March 24, 2019, 09:01:30 PM »
I think they get randomly ddosed all the time by someone they've pissed off.

benjipwns

« Reply #5370 on: March 24, 2019, 09:05:21 PM »
I actually did send it to the OP in a PM.
wow, you're The Bire's own Michael Flynn

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #5371 on: March 24, 2019, 09:07:46 PM »
I think they get randomly ddosed all the time by someone they've pissed off.

Well, if they posted more Yuka, I think people would be happier.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #5372 on: March 24, 2019, 09:09:21 PM »
deepest lore: it's probably someone in this picture

Clockwork5

« Reply #5373 on: March 24, 2019, 09:35:56 PM »
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
Enough of the nonsense posts, the Barr/Mueller collusion theories, and other takes out of nowhere. Let's stay on topic as there will be new updates and much to discuss this week related to this investigation, which is still ongoing and being reviewed by the House. Thank you.

#Nocollusion

:trumps

benjipwns

« Reply #5374 on: March 24, 2019, 09:47:56 PM »
Their mods screaming "stay on topic" is worse than bork's.

halfanhourglass

« Reply #5375 on: March 24, 2019, 10:01:57 PM »
You want a shitty day? I just heard the news that Trump is spiking footballs into America's nuts. And then, before I go out with my family, my neighbors comes by and informs me that my cat drowned in her pool. I go over to the pool and I see her floating there, stiff and lifeless. I put her in a bag and prepare to bury her later. WE talk about it, but we decide to go out anyway. Everyone's in a sour mood. Then, as we open the front door, my cat comes out from behind our couch, meowing to get out. Sure enough, the cat that drowned, despite having the same identical fur pattern... was another random cat. After an up and down 30 minutes like that, I kinda got in that 'none of this Trump shit matters.' Like, I"m done giving him room in my head. I know he's a scumbag, and nothing will change that. So, time to focus on a positive candidate in whom I can believe.

This is deep. If you're not following the layers of subtext, the dead cat = Mueller's investigation.

benjipwns

« Reply #5376 on: March 24, 2019, 10:06:30 PM »
how is that a "shitty day"? even he describes it as a "shitty half hour" that turned out fine

except for that cat his neighbor killed but he didn't really care about that

halfanhourglass

« Reply #5377 on: March 24, 2019, 10:08:48 PM »
how is that a "shitty day"? even he describes it as a "shitty half hour" that turned out fine

I think the neighbor represents Fox News.

benjipwns

« Reply #5378 on: March 24, 2019, 10:09:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-stadia-announcement-got-me-to-try-out-this-ps-now-trial-and-i-actually-think-it-works-pretty-well.106626/#post-19152637
User Banned (1 Day): Personal attacks against other members, previous warnings

Why do some of these posts sound like marketing?

Tripon

« Reply #5379 on: March 24, 2019, 10:10:06 PM »

I think the neighbor represents Fox News.

Eh, more inconsequential than that. More like a Dave Rubin, or Ben Shapiro.

benjipwns

« Reply #5380 on: March 24, 2019, 10:16:07 PM »
Look, I'm with all of you hoping that this is a miss direct by Barr and that the actual report is filled with damning evidence that should be acted on.

BUT, I can't imagine how reading thread should feel like if you're on the Trump side of the argument. Most feel pretty similar like ready the mental right conspiracy sites. Personally having a bit of a 'are we the baddies?' moment..
super awks

Bore Expert

« Reply #5381 on: March 24, 2019, 10:16:29 PM »
You want a shitty day? I just heard the news that Taco Bell is spiking footballs into America's anus. And then, before I go out with my family, my neighbors comes by and informs me that my cow hanged itself in her backyard. I go over to the backyard and I see her hanging there, stiff and lifeless. I put her in a bag and prepare to bury her later. WE TALK ABOUT IT, but we decide to go out anyway. Everyone's in a sour mood. Then, as we open the front door, my cow comes out from behind our barn, mooing to get out. Sure enough, the cow that hanged itself, despite having the same identical fur pattern and taste... was another random cow. After an up and down 30 minutes like that, I kinda got in that 'none of this Taco Bell shit matters.' Like, I"m done giving Taco Bell room in my stomach. I know he's bad for me, and nothing will change that. So, time to focus on a positive candidate in whom I can believe. Burger King.

benjipwns

« Reply #5382 on: March 24, 2019, 10:19:14 PM »
reported

Tripon

« Reply #5383 on: March 24, 2019, 10:23:19 PM »
Burger King is bottom tier.

halfanhourglass

« Reply #5384 on: March 24, 2019, 10:33:03 PM »
Why do some posts sound like marketing?

benita

« Reply #5385 on: March 24, 2019, 10:34:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-road-to-avengers-endgame-ot-there-was-no-other-way.83337/page-4#post-19188586

I wonder if its intentional that Strange and Thanos used the Time stone differently. Strange used it to look forward in time and Thanos used it to go backwards.

:confused

No, it was just an accident those things ended up in the script you fucking moron.

pizzashit

« Reply #5386 on: March 24, 2019, 10:43:15 PM »

a resetters day is exactly 3 hours of normal earth time.

That’s why the average resetti user is like in their 40s

benjipwns

« Reply #5387 on: March 24, 2019, 10:47:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-road-to-avengers-endgame-ot-there-was-no-other-way.83337/page-4#post-19188586

I wonder if its intentional that Strange and Thanos used the Time stone differently. Strange used it to look forward in time and Thanos used it to go backwards.

No, it was just an accident those things ended up in the script you fucking moron.
even worse they accidentally filmed it and then accidentally didn't cut it out of the final print

even accidentally created special effects for this scene that has nothing at all to do with how they resolve the single thing they need a deus ex machina for

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5388 on: March 24, 2019, 10:59:11 PM »
I will bet my house that more than one of the members of the special counsel is sitting back right now seething that two years of their work is being recapped like a shitty book report compiled from reading cliff notes and one of them will be coming out this week with a giant leak that will completely change the narrative.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/congress-releases-barrs-summary-of-the-mueller-report-see-staff-post.107370/page-35

Yeah, I'm not feeling any type of way but confused why everyone here and in the media is allowing a hand picked AG and the biggest liar to ever sit in the oval control the narrative on what the report concludes.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/congress-releases-barrs-summary-of-the-mueller-report-see-staff-post.107370/page-36#post-19188448

Unlike all those AGs not chosen by the President.
ὕβρις

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #5389 on: March 24, 2019, 11:03:21 PM »
leave burglar alone, he's a funny dude.

I won't say it again.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #5390 on: March 24, 2019, 11:05:07 PM »
Maybe every single government job should be chosen by elections!

fucking idiots

benjipwns

« Reply #5391 on: March 24, 2019, 11:07:40 PM »
I will bet my house that more than one of the members of the special counsel is sitting back right now seething that two years of their work is being recapped like a shitty book report compiled from reading cliff notes and one of them will be coming out this week with a giant leak that will completely change the narrative.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/congress-releases-barrs-summary-of-the-mueller-report-see-staff-post.107370/page-35
wow, free house

now i don't have to rent

benjipwns

« Reply #5392 on: March 24, 2019, 11:15:51 PM »
The Democrats have to stop fearing Trump and begin to take the limelight.

benjipwns

« Reply #5393 on: March 24, 2019, 11:19:35 PM »
No one knows whats in the report, let's wait until we see what's in the report before making hot take statements about how we all know whats in it
If trump didnt do anything, then he acted in literally the worst way possible. But then again, you're making a statement based off of a report no one knows the contents of. We'll learn eventually what really happened.
wow shots fired at the entire forum

benjipwns

« Reply #5394 on: March 24, 2019, 11:24:19 PM »
Quote from: moderator Wonderment
Though it's obviously not going to be tonight for you or some others, one day I hope you check it out and see just how the letter was constructed, and what parts were used and how some were meant to provide cover for what the report may actually conclude.
#JusticeForJussie

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5395 on: March 24, 2019, 11:25:12 PM »
#justiceforrussiagate

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #5396 on: March 24, 2019, 11:26:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-stadia-announcement-got-me-to-try-out-this-ps-now-trial-and-i-actually-think-it-works-pretty-well.106626/#post-19152637
User Banned (1 Day): Personal attacks against other members, previous warnings

Why do some of these posts sound like marketing?
bruh for real I'm pretty sure the mods are on sony payroll/banning people for anti playstation sentiment as insane and childish as that sounds

PogiJones

« Reply #5397 on: March 24, 2019, 11:26:42 PM »

Tbf, I think he just means he wonders if the allegory is intentional. It's not like them reading a message that isn't really there into a piece of media is rare.

benjipwns

« Reply #5398 on: March 24, 2019, 11:34:19 PM »
Tbf, I think he just means he wonders if the allegory is intentional.
Strange literally says he went forward in time to find out how to stop Thanos, then dramatically hands over the Time Stone after spending the entire film proclaiming the necessary refusal. It's the one deus ex machina from the Infinity Gems not used in the comics because it's quite a bit on the nose. If it has nothing to do with how Disney's Marvel's Endgame resolves, I'll give you that guys house.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #5399 on: March 24, 2019, 11:44:14 PM »
NeoGAF and ResetEra both had a hyper-consumerist slant to them. Especially on ResetEra where calling devs "lazy" is literally against the rules. They try to minimize criticism towards corporations, platforms, studios and publishers. It really does come across like they're trying to position themselves as an astroturfing forum for these large corporations. Evilore did try to leverage his forum to build direct business relationships with these corporations. I think ResetEra wishes they could do the same, but despite trying to make "safe space" for industry people their ability to court them has been very limited.

Ban THQ Nordic you cowards
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]