Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3751274 times)

marrec

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #420 on: March 08, 2019, 01:42:29 PM »
Reaching out to Lieberman WAS reaching across the aisle

These motherfuckers don't even want to compromise within their own party for progress and then complain at Obama cause he didn't get enough done  :lol :lol :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #421 on: March 08, 2019, 01:42:39 PM »
I really can't wait for the future of all actors and performers being CGI so we just don't have to deal with this shit anymore.

I mean, you say that, but then you get one John Lasseter, and the entire visible talent of hollywood gets thanos snapped

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #422 on: March 08, 2019, 01:42:40 PM »
Dear god we have furries on the bore now?

We stray further and further from gods like.  :'(
ftfy

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #424 on: March 08, 2019, 01:44:15 PM »
Krystal is furry
Bowsette is scaly
Marina is life
:O

FStop7

« Reply #425 on: March 08, 2019, 01:48:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/elizabeth-warren-says-she-wants-to-break-up-amazon-google-and-facebook.104166/page-5#post-18655190

One of the significant candidates openly declaring her intent to break up some of America’s largest companies isn’t threadworthy?   :lol :lol :lol :lol

marrec

« Reply #426 on: March 08, 2019, 01:50:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/elizabeth-warren-says-she-wants-to-break-up-amazon-google-and-facebook.104166/page-5#post-18655190

One of the significant candidates openly declaring her intent to break up some of America’s largest companies isn’t threadworthy?   :lol :lol :lol :lol

Omar: *talks shit about Obama*

14 page ERA thread agreeing with her

Warren: *actual plan to limit influence of mega-corps*

ERA: I sleep

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #427 on: March 08, 2019, 01:51:23 PM »

Jesus

e: Oh I see what happened, people started commenting on how stupid the whole fucking plan is.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #428 on: March 08, 2019, 01:52:10 PM »
Krystal is furry
Bowsette is scaly
Marina is life

The only Krystal I like

:nsfw

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #429 on: March 08, 2019, 01:52:34 PM »

Omar: *talks shit about Obama*

14 page ERA thread agreeing with her

Warren: *actual plan to limit influence of mega-corps*

ERA: I sleep

Most political discussion in a nutshell

marrec

« Reply #430 on: March 08, 2019, 01:52:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/joe-biden-forcefully-spoke-out-against-school-desegregation-plan-in-1975.104207/

I wonder if they'll lock this up and force discussion into the Primary thread

Boredfrom

« Reply #431 on: March 08, 2019, 01:53:53 PM »
I really can't wait for the future of all actors and performers being CGI so we just don't have to deal with this shit anymore.

:doge

Somebody would still need to voice them.

You think if they got to the point where they'd have CG actors indistinguishable from real humans, they wouldn't figure out how to replicate human vocals? Lyrebird can already mimic someones voice with minimal samples.

:doge

“Minimal samples” so you still someone.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #432 on: March 08, 2019, 01:54:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/joe-biden-forcefully-spoke-out-against-school-desegregation-plan-in-1975.104207/

I wonder if they'll lock this up and force discussion into the Primary thread

:girlaff

:rofl

generated alot of discussion in those places.

james

« Reply #433 on: March 08, 2019, 02:13:40 PM »
Ive soured on Kirblar. He jumped the shark with the Omar and Biden stuff

Leadbelly

« Reply #434 on: March 08, 2019, 02:16:11 PM »
His pièce de résistance

https://www.resetera.com/threads/let%E2%80%99s-discuss-the-stupidity-of-%E2%80%9Chow-can-they-be-a-racist-if%E2%80%A6%E2%80%9D-or-%E2%80%9Ci%E2%80%99m-not-a-racist-because-i%E2%80%A6%E2%80%9D.104153/
Ethnophilia. That’s the word for it.

Well, being in a friendship or relationship does not necessarily mean you are not racist in some sense, but it is at least an indication that you may not be. Something it seems he and others like him seem unwilling to acknowledge.

We're supposed to accept his examples as well without any real context to why he has mentioned them. Dylann Roof needs no explanation, but Glen Greenwald? Is there really concrete evidence he is a racist, or is he just an example of someone whose opinions he doesn't like, and therefore he is a racist? For some reason I suspect the latter.

And that Proud Boy. Marrying a black woman and subsequently having black children with her, isn't typically the behaviour of a racist. White supremacists tend not to want black children. As far I know, being a Proud Boy does not equal being a Nazi. However, it does not necessarily mean there is no overlap.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 02:49:32 PM by Leadbelly »

marrec

« Reply #435 on: March 08, 2019, 02:19:41 PM »
His pièce de résistance

https://www.resetera.com/threads/let%E2%80%99s-discuss-the-stupidity-of-%E2%80%9Chow-can-they-be-a-racist-if%E2%80%A6%E2%80%9D-or-%E2%80%9Ci%E2%80%99m-not-a-racist-because-i%E2%80%A6%E2%80%9D.104153/

Well, being in a friendship or relationship does not necessarily mean you are not racist in some sense, but it is at least an indication that they may not be. Something it seems he and others like him seem unwilling to aknowledge.

We're supposed to accept his examples as well without any real context to why he has mentioned them. Dylann Roof needs no explanation, but Glen Greenwald? Is there really concrete evidence he is a racist, or is he just an example of someone whose opinions he doesn't like, and therefore he is a racist? For some reason I suspect the latter.

And that Proud Boy. Marrying a black woman and subsquently having black children with her, isn't typically the behaviour of a racist. White supremacists tend not to want black children. As far I know, being a Proud Boy does not equal being a Nazi. However, it does not necessarily mean there is no overlap.

It's not an indication one way or another, having a black friend just means you accept that black person, you can still harbor racist feelings toward black people as a whole while accepting that this black person you've befriended or married is "one of the good ones".

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #436 on: March 08, 2019, 02:21:53 PM »
what did Greenwald say that was racist?
That’s not the point of that example. Posting a picture of him with his non-white family isn’t proof that he isn’t a racist. Did you really not understand that?

PEAK REE  :rofl
🤴

Rman

« Reply #437 on: March 08, 2019, 02:22:19 PM »
Omar is a naive political idiot. Era knows nothing about politics, real politics, building alliances and consensus. She’s gonna isolate herself Julius Caesar style if she continues.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #438 on: March 08, 2019, 02:22:29 PM »
Ive soured on Kirblar. He jumped the shark with the Omar and Biden stuff

You could say, he's full of hot air.....

get it, cause of kirby?

Kirby in hales and exhales alot of air.

You know the saying, "full of hot air"

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #439 on: March 08, 2019, 02:26:34 PM »
I'm just surprised james didn't take the opportunity to post sexy sharks being jumped
Uncle

james

« Reply #440 on: March 08, 2019, 02:29:56 PM »
I'm just surprised james didn't take the opportunity to post sexy sharks being jumped

I've got something better. This is based on a true story

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #441 on: March 08, 2019, 02:30:03 PM »
I didn't know this was the shitty wolf furry thread

:trash
wow now you hate furries too?

you just hate every aspect of me  :hmph

No no no, I hate shitty wolf furries, I'm sure you're not a shitty wolf furry.
she's a fox, not a wolf, for starters, but I guess we're all the same to you furphobics  :hmph

I want to apologize for comments that could be construed as furphobic, I am dedicated to the furry community on The Bore dot com and am listening to close Furry friends so that I can grow and learn.

EDIT:

I especially apologize for implying that Furries hold dual loyalties between the animal kingdom and the human kingdom.

What a phony apology. So slow to publish it. Nothing less than firings at marrec LLC would convince me they're on the right path.
ὕβρις

agrajag

« Reply #442 on: March 08, 2019, 02:30:07 PM »
I didn't know this was the shitty wolf furry thread

:trash
wow now you hate furries too?

you just hate every aspect of me  :hmph

yikes. I definitely hate this particular aspect. Carry on.

Drainage

« Reply #443 on: March 08, 2019, 02:30:45 PM »
YouTube changed their search algorithm so Disney’s Marvel’s Captain Marvel’s Brie Larson is now a newsworthy event and only showing results from important hard hitting news organizations like Entertainment Weekly. This is good! Protect the brands.

Meanwhile those absolute shit heads at Rottentomatoes turned the user review function back on since the movie came out.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/captain-marvel-opening-today-currently-at-58-000-user-scores-on-rt.104136/

Really makes you think.

Think RT may get their shit in order at some point or ?

Leadbelly

« Reply #444 on: March 08, 2019, 02:31:28 PM »
His pièce de résistance

Well, being in a friendship or relationship does not necessarily mean you are not racist in some sense, but it is at least an indication that they may not be. Something it seems he and others like him seem unwilling to aknowledge.

And that Proud Boy. Marrying a black woman and subsquently having black children with her, isn't typically the behaviour of a racist. White supremacists tend not to want black children. As far I know, being a Proud Boy does not equal being a Nazi. However, it does not necessarily mean there is no overlap.

It's not an indication one way or another, having a black friend just means you accept that black person, you can still harbor racist feelings toward black people as a whole while accepting that this black person you've befriended or married is "one of the good ones".

Well, it is not categoric proof that they are not. The point I am making however is that it doesn't mean nothing. Someone who is seriously racist against black people tend not to want black children. Of course there may be exceptions to that rule, but I imagine more often than not, it would hold true. Therefore, it is at least some indication that they may not be. It is corroborating evidence. Not categoric proof in itself but can used to build a picture along with other evidence of a person's character.

marrec

« Reply #445 on: March 08, 2019, 02:35:47 PM »
His pièce de résistance

Well, it is not an categoric proof that they are not. The point I am making however is that it doesn't mean nothing. Someone who is seriously racist against black people tend not to want black children. Of course there may be exceptions to that rule, but I imagine more often than not, it would hold true. Therefore, it is at least some indication that they may not be. It is corroborating evidence. Not categoric proof in itself but can used to build a picture of a person's character.

It means shit. You are talking as if racism is borne of some logical point to point relational chart when instead it's a learned social experience, sort of like a conspiracy theory. Any evidence that would invalidate the overall theory (in this case that theory being black people are inferior) is given special exemption. Their minds are warped and they warp reality to fit.

Leadbelly

« Reply #446 on: March 08, 2019, 02:41:50 PM »
His pièce de résistance

Well, it is not an categoric proof that they are not. The point I am making however is that it doesn't mean nothing. Someone who is seriously racist against black people tend not to want black children. Of course there may be exceptions to that rule, but I imagine more often than not, it would hold true. Therefore, it is at least some indication that they may not be. It is corroborating evidence. Not categoric proof in itself but can used to build a picture of a person's character.

It means shit. You are talking as if racism is borne of some logical point to point relational chart when instead it's a learned social experience, sort of like a conspiracy theory. Any evidence that would invalidate the overall theory (in this case that theory being black people are inferior) is given special exemption. Their minds are warped and they warp reality to fit.

Okay so lets say accusations of racism are brought into a court of law. It is presented to the court that the person is married to a black woman and has black children. You think the judge would go, 'this doesn't mean shit. this evidence should be discounted'?. lol

The idea that it means absolutely nothing is absurd.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 03:24:25 PM by Leadbelly »

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #447 on: March 08, 2019, 02:46:02 PM »
Marrec containment thread when?  Borkman signal go!

:batman

marrec

« Reply #448 on: March 08, 2019, 02:48:13 PM »

Leadbelly careposts more than me and cream combined shove off

PsychoBee

« Reply #449 on: March 08, 2019, 02:49:00 PM »

trans people leaving the bore in droves
dumb

FStop7

« Reply #450 on: March 08, 2019, 02:50:24 PM »
Stanning for Captain Marvel because GRRL POWER even though that shit is funded by the military industrial complex.   :lol  :lol

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #451 on: March 08, 2019, 02:56:19 PM »
YouTube changed their search algorithm so Disney’s Marvel’s Captain Marvel’s Brie Larson is now a newsworthy event and only showing results from important hard hitting news organizations like Entertainment Weekly. This is good! Protect the brands.

Meanwhile those absolute shit heads at Rottentomatoes turned the user review function back on since the movie came out.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/captain-marvel-opening-today-currently-at-58-000-user-scores-on-rt.104136/

Really makes you think.

Think RT may get their shit in order at some point or ?

Whole thread is about how white nerds hate anything female or black and yet Wonderwoman and black panther have good user scores.  :thinking

Was there like a countermovement or is their influence just overblown again?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #452 on: March 08, 2019, 02:57:44 PM »
Quote from: kirblar
Lying comes with the territory of being a politician. Diplomatic bullshittery is a necessary skillset. One of Hillary's biggest flaws as a candidate was that she was a terrible, terrible liar.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/2020-democratic-presidential-primary-ot-bernies-running-hillarys-not-bloomberg-isnt-either-but-inslee-is.91234/post-18657454

abuelita you have been forsake!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #453 on: March 08, 2019, 02:59:04 PM »
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/captain_marvel

Critics: 81% liked
Audience: 35% liked

:lol
ど助平

Drainage

« Reply #454 on: March 08, 2019, 03:04:04 PM »

This is no laughing matter!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/captain-marvel-opening-today-currently-at-58-000-user-scores-on-rt.104136/#post-18642542
Quote from: Cass_Se
You just know some people are going to keep bringing this up over the next few years, much like TLJ haters still bring up rotten tomatoes audience score as some kind of proof that general audiences hated it

Nuitangg

« Reply #455 on: March 08, 2019, 03:06:27 PM »
Reeing over cheese.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #456 on: March 08, 2019, 03:08:49 PM »
RT scores are of the utmost importance when it comes to high audience and critic scores but everyone knows that low scores are to be trusted in the slightest and are the ammo of the alt right fascist doomsday prepping nazis that haunt the halls of resetti.

« Reply #457 on: March 08, 2019, 03:16:59 PM »
His pièce de résistance

Okay so lets say accusations of racism are brought into a court of law. It is presented to the court that the person is married to a black woman and has black children. You think the judge would go, 'this doesn't mean shit. this evidence should be discounted'?. lol

The idea that means absolutely nothing is absurd.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/newsone.com/3792568/devonte-hart-hannah-racist-parents/amp/
She

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #458 on: March 08, 2019, 03:18:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot3-my-name-is-paul-manafort-and-i-fucking-love-crimes-and-the-judge-respects-that.101959/page-118#post-18656646

Quote from: Kirblar
Quote from: jeelybeans
Thank you for this. As a Pakistani immigrant, it was so difficult trying to form a consistent world view all my life when I grew through my teenage years in a post 9-11 world seeing brown countries getting destroyed by the country I love and eventually became a citizen of. Her words speak to me...
Growing up as a US Citizen born in the 80's. I saw the US repel Iraq's forces from Kuwait. I also saw the WTC towers fall while in high school, and then had to wait in line at the phone booth behind a bunch of other kids who were calling their parents to make sure they were OK after the pentagon plane hit. I saw us invade Afghanistan directly as a result of that incident. I then saw Bush Jr. and the guys who Bush Sr. vetoed in the Gulf War treat it like an afterthought when they went and lied their asses off overruling the CIA to go invade a country for a number of incredibly stupid and petty reasons. I watched in horror as their long-laid plans steamrolled over common sense in my college cafeteria filling me with dread as the horror show of idiocracy continued its slow march forward. And in the wake of those actions, the exact things I expected to happen happen- they destabilized an entire country and region while leaving Afghanistan to rot instead of actively helping to rebuild it.

I am very much not uncritical of US foreign policy. But I can't see this as a deliberate pattern of trying to actively destroy those countries through sustained deliberate actions when the circumstances are so different, especially in the post-Communist age

Kirblars brain is broken.  I very much can’t not unbelieve he was born in the 80’s, I figured he was at least 50.

PogiJones

« Reply #459 on: March 08, 2019, 03:18:45 PM »

Your problem isn't too many careposts; it's too many dumbposts

« Reply #460 on: March 08, 2019, 03:18:45 PM »
So why don’t you tell me, which groups is it okay to help specifically?
those with the most severe or urgent needs get priority help.

Great so we actually agree
She

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #461 on: March 08, 2019, 03:20:53 PM »

Yea but people like Leadbelly and also I assume some like Cream.

:trumps

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #462 on: March 08, 2019, 03:21:32 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/captain-marvel-opening-today-currently-at-58-000-user-scores-on-rt.104136/#post-18642542
You just know some people are going to keep bringing this up over the next few years, much like TLJ haters still bring up rotten tomatoes audience score as some kind of proof that general audiences hated it

Nobody is going to bring this up.  Nobody is going to care about this movie in a month after Avengers is out.  :doge
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #463 on: March 08, 2019, 03:22:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot3-my-name-is-paul-manafort-and-i-fucking-love-crimes-and-the-judge-respects-that.101959/page-118#post-18656646

Thank you for this. As a Pakistani immigrant, it was so difficult trying to form a consistent world view all my life when I grew through my teenage years in a post 9-11 world seeing brown countries getting destroyed by the country I love and eventually became a citizen of. Her words speak to me...
Growing up as a US Citizen born in the 80's. I saw the US repel Iraq's forces from Kuwait. I also saw the WTC towers fall while in high school, and then had to wait in line at the phone booth behind a bunch of other kids who were calling their parents to make sure they were OK after the pentagon plane hit. I saw us invade Afghanistan directly as a result of that incident. I then saw Bush Jr. and the guys who Bush Sr. vetoed in the Gulf War treat it like an afterthought when they went and lied their asses off overruling the CIA to go invade a country for a number of incredibly stupid and petty reasons. I watched in horror as their long-laid plans steamrolled over common sense in my college cafeteria filling me with dread as the horror show of idiocracy continued its slow march forward. And in the wake of those actions, the exact things I expected to happen happen- they destabilized an entire country and region while leaving Afghanistan to rot instead of actively helping to rebuild it.

I am very much not uncritical of US foreign policy. But I can't see this as a deliberate pattern of trying to actively destroy those countries through sustained deliberate actions when the circumstances are so different, especially in the post-Communist age

Kirblars brain is broken.  I very much can’t not unbelieve he was born in the 80’s, I figured he was at least 50.

I think he saw bernie get personal with telling his life story and he was like "I have a story too, I know where I came from!"  :american

marrec

« Reply #464 on: March 08, 2019, 03:22:55 PM »

I am sooooo not pressed if you and others here don't like me

Averon

« Reply #465 on: March 08, 2019, 03:23:49 PM »
Reee crying over "bad" reviews and review bombing on places like RT is never not funny. Like, why the hell do you care so much?  :lol That goes for people review bombing as well. It's all so fucking dumb over mediocre Disney movies.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #466 on: March 08, 2019, 03:25:02 PM »
Lonewulfeus please apply an avatar to your forum profile

here is an appropriate one

Uncle

PogiJones

« Reply #467 on: March 08, 2019, 03:25:35 PM »
Marrec says dumb things a lot, but I like him  :yeshrug

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #468 on: March 08, 2019, 03:26:20 PM »
Uncle

marrec

« Reply #469 on: March 08, 2019, 03:26:31 PM »
Reee crying over "bad" reviews and review bombing on places like RT is never not funny. Like, why the hell do you care so much?  :lol That goes for people review bombing as well. It's all so fucking dumb over mediocre Disney movies.

They wouldn't give a shit if there wasn't some organized campaign to make Captain Marvel some important milestone in film. It only matters because Marvel said it matters.

Who is going to look at the rottentomatoes user score and think "well well well I guess this is a bad movie"

« Reply #470 on: March 08, 2019, 03:27:13 PM »

I am sooooo not pressed if you and others here don't like me

Fuck you I am.

It sucks that people don’t like me
She

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #471 on: March 08, 2019, 03:28:09 PM »

I think he saw bernie get personal with telling his life story and he was like "I have a story too, I know where I came from!"  :american

Eh I think it has more to do with Kirblars constant need to make shit about himself.  This is a prime example, a Somali immigrant comments on how being a brown immigrant changes how she views American foreign policy, a different brown immigrant on RE agrees and Kirblar has to tell them how it’s exactly the same as his experience as a natural born American citizen.  Stay in your lane Kirblar!

PogiJones

« Reply #472 on: March 08, 2019, 03:29:35 PM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #473 on: March 08, 2019, 03:31:29 PM »
Great so we actually agree

You have not actually given a position so I have no idea, but needing assistance is circumstance, not identity.
Circumstances change. Identities do not.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #474 on: March 08, 2019, 03:33:20 PM »

"Why the hell do you care so much" applies to so much of that forum- I still remember going into a chat room years ago and one of the neogaf mods at the time was like "I just bought [whatever shitty game] for my brother!"  I said "LOL, that game sucks" and he lost his shit like I personally insulted his family or something.

:whatsthedeal
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #475 on: March 08, 2019, 03:34:02 PM »

Nobody is going to bring this up.  Nobody is going to care about this movie in a month after Avengers is out.  :doge

Lol, she has no ass.

That's the quote that will be on the front cover of the home video release.
ど助平

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #476 on: March 08, 2019, 03:34:27 PM »
Lonewulfeus please apply an avatar to your forum profile

here is an appropriate one

(Image removed from quote.)

:shaking

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #477 on: March 08, 2019, 03:34:28 PM »

Lol, she has no ass.

A lot of posters in that thread do. Look at them all showing it!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #478 on: March 08, 2019, 03:37:42 PM »
Lol, she has no ass.

This is the post that will prevent from holding office

marrec

« Reply #479 on: March 08, 2019, 03:38:39 PM »
If you don't get a boner from Captain Marvel's ass you are not an ally