Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3751522 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #540 on: March 08, 2019, 07:59:46 PM »
Kinda takes the suspense out of the HBO documentary.

OBJECTION ! SPOILER YOUR HONOR !  :dsp

Weird timing with the HBO series coming.

Should have waited for HBO so as to enter the show into the evidence record ?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/adnan-syed’s-conviction-reinstated-wont-receive-new-trial.104261/
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #541 on: March 08, 2019, 07:59:54 PM »
Quote from: commedieu
He lied.. and thats that. This was breaking news over a white supremacist coast guard wannabe with an arsenal and a congressional hit list.. at the time. You do understand what is going on here, right?

I think what‘s going on here is that commedieu is being cognitively challenged.

Propagandhim

« Reply #542 on: March 08, 2019, 08:00:05 PM »
sure, but. He got 4 years which was less than the time his own defense even recommended. So, its likely hes not going to catch much from the additional charges.

Big difference here is that Manafort committed multiple crimes, and made a mockery of the justice system, and the judge even made comments about how hes still a good person outside of all that. But hes wealthy and white.

Juss is about to have the book thrown at him and likely get the max for everything. Like all POC generally do.

No way he does over 46 months. Just no after a treasonous bastard got that. No way.

This is going to be fucked if he does.

Ban me if Jussie Smollett gets over 6 months of prison time.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #543 on: March 08, 2019, 08:03:12 PM »
lol, commediue is such an idiot in that Jussie thread.

Point is, if he gets any time -- it will in comparison be more than Paul Manafort, who loves crimes. Which illustrates the point that wealthy white men are untouchable in the justice system, generally. Its just a fun example to witness. Its rarely this boldly illustrated. Including media coverage.

So true.  If that wildly implausible thing does happen it would prove your point.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/grand-jury-indicts-jussie-smollett-on-16-felony-counts.104253/post-18664621
sigh

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

PogiJones

« Reply #545 on: March 08, 2019, 08:05:47 PM »
Agreed, this is nothing.  Who cares, it’s like a cauliflower post.

Confession: I don't like disliking people. So every time I dunk on Cauliflower, I secretly think to myself, "I'll make it up to him by liking his next good post." But then I just keep waiting. :(

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #546 on: March 08, 2019, 08:05:48 PM »
They are opinions, people that think TLJ is garbage don't need to justify them.
And yet they try so hard to feel validated.

:dunno

Quote from: Crossing Eden
Fucking called it.
Easy solution - only allow approved accounts verified by two factor authentication / registration - email & SMS. The SMS aspect will remove a lot more of the bots/trolls.
And also proof that you've seen the film in question. Which thankfully they're thinking of implementing.

We literally had to deal with two years of people arguing that the film was divisive due to the audience score. Which was like, totes legit Crow is on the menu.

So now the movie is magically not divisive? lol
A loud minority of manbabies not getting a movie/evidently barely paying attention to it combined with the constant self validation that is "why this critical acclaimed movie actually sucks/wHat WEnt wrOnG" youtuber culture =/=a divisive film.

yeh, a lot of people think its not a good movie. That's fine, its not a big deal.

I don't think anyone on here (this specific forum) had ulterior motives when it come to TLJ.
You haven't been in a lot of TLJ threads then. Even as recently as this week we had people still arguing that they're #totallynotsexistBUTTTTTReyisamarysue.

Because there's a very clear pattern of movies perceived to be too feminist or anti-racist getting review bombed and they really can't deny it anymore.

I think RT itself is more concerned with being a cesspit where blatant racism and misogyny is tolerated. YOU KNOW, when I think of evil corporations that I must assume the worst of, the top of the list goes to companies that *reads notes* supposedly strongarm websites into not tolerating very blatant and obvious racism/misogyny after a recognizable pattern of that happening to said studio's films.

Why are you more concerned about the possibility of a studio dismissing fan criticism in a thread about how incels review bombing a movie they haven't seen?  :thinking

That's another thing, people even here on this website tried to say that the movie flopped because it ONLY
-made 1.3 billion dollars at the box office vs. TFA's 2 billion
-supposedly didn't sell enough toys because youtubers told them so
-had bad bluray sales despite being the best selling bluray that year, again, youtubers told them otherwise

Maybe I'm completely off base and I'm aware that misogyny is a part of it, I just don't think it's some kind of major factor in these films getting shit on
Question have you actually read the "reviews" in question? And what they talk about in particular. And what they're angered by? And who they're specifically harassing and targeting?

I didn't like The Last Jedi. Me. Not because of what I read or some other derogatory nonsense. I watched it opening day and didn't like it. Simple.
Ok, that doesn't mean that it was a divisive film.

Like there's no universe where TLJ could've made more money than TFA but that didn't stop discussion on Era and elsewhere from being completely ass.

Outside of Rotten Tomatoes, it’s a pretty damn divisive film.
It's really not. We literally have no metric for this, and tons of evidence to the contrary.

I can’t possibly fathom how you could think “The Last Jedi is a very agreeable film that everyone is on the same page on”.
Divisive films don't make a billion and then go on to be the top selling bluray of the year.

Batman V Superman made $873m and was the No. 6 selling blu ray for 2016.
Batman V Superman should've and would've done a lot better than that if it wasn't a bad film. Compare that to WW and you see the disparity and what a DCEU movie could do with great audience and critical reception.

And yet they try so hard to feel validated.

Propagandhim

« Reply #547 on: March 08, 2019, 08:06:52 PM »
Quote from: Commedieu
Actually, its the perfect case.

A false police report versus, every single thing manafort did and continued to do, will see less time in the media, as well as less time in prison than Jusse's about to if it all goes the way it usually does. Jusse will be made an example of, unlike Manafort.

Quote from:  Commedieu
This was breaking news over a white supremacist coast guard wannabe with an arsenal and a congressional hit list.. at the time. You do understand what is going on here, right?

Commedieu is such a numbskull.  Smollett made it national news before anyone knew he was lying.  That his alleged hate crime was a huge media story is supposed to be a credit to how people took his claim and hate crimes in general seriously.  Now he's complaining that once the lie came out, it's still national news instead of pushed under the rug. 

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #549 on: March 08, 2019, 08:09:36 PM »
Between this and people cheering over the expansion of conscription RE:women (rather than advocating against the draft) you’d think these people hold some type of angst against women.

Happy International Women’s Day!

I watched Captain Marvel and downloaded the PS4 theme, what did you do for women?
©@©™

« Reply #550 on: March 08, 2019, 08:11:03 PM »
Between this and people cheering over the expansion of conscription RE:women (rather than advocating against the draft) you’d think these people hold some type of angst against women.

Happy International Women’s Day!

I watched Captain Marvel, what did you do for women?

Support them on Manyvids.com

Coming soon to a bore near you
She

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #551 on: March 08, 2019, 08:17:27 PM »
I find hilarious that they cheer on the proposed solution of RT to only count reviews if they have a ticket purchased through Fandango, who coincidentally own Rotten Tomatoes. Doesn't this just seem like a good way to make some extra bucks of these crazy nerds on both sides?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #552 on: March 08, 2019, 08:28:50 PM »
I'm only back here to see if there's any DMC5 talk*, thread seems dead.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
*Only here for Cream's big butt
[close]

Seems pretty active now!

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45656.120
ど助平

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #553 on: March 08, 2019, 08:34:32 PM »
Oi Oi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #554 on: March 08, 2019, 08:47:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/arbyswaifu-actually-shes-54-years-old.104252/

:goldberg
Quote from: yuoke, post: 18661457, member: 7351
They said she is actually 54 because arbys is 54, and they said she is a waifu.  Calling someone a waifu may as well be sexualizing.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #555 on: March 08, 2019, 08:47:55 PM »
Quote from: JVIDICAN, post: 18666151, member: 5731
Is this really being made a bigger deal of on resetera than it is on Twitter? Lol

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #556 on: March 08, 2019, 08:52:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/arbyswaifu-actually-shes-54-years-old.104252/page-6#post-18665504

Quote from: Tanerian, post: 18665504, member: 40313
This is the dumbest fucking for people to be outraged over.

This really is the worst timeline.
Quote from: SaintBowWow, post: 18665629, member: 1335
The thing is that it's largely not a thing people are outraged over. This thread is likely the epicenter of outrage over this on the web because the tone of the OP let people know it was something they were supposed to be mad at. If you look at the replies to the tweet there's basically nobody upset. The best you get is people saying "WTF!?" and the one Tweet singled out in the OP.

Quote from: Tanerian, post: 18666142, member: 40313
Yeah I get that. I'm really just commenting on this forum. The amount of outrage here is hard to deal with sometimes.

Quote from: Baji Boxer, post: 18666276, member: 18551
There's more outrage at imaginary outrage that real outrage (like usual). You're just being dramatic.
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #557 on: March 08, 2019, 09:05:21 PM »
I'd hit that.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 09:19:30 PM by Potato »
Spud

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #560 on: March 08, 2019, 09:32:16 PM »
:thinking
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #562 on: March 08, 2019, 09:34:14 PM »
I love how this guy realises that he is interacting with a "protected member" and suddenly backs off.

Quote from: shamanick
https://www.resetera.com/threads/let%E2%80%99s-discuss-the-stupidity-of-%E2%80%9Chow-can-they-be-a-racist-if%E2%80%A6%E2%80%9D-or-%E2%80%9Ci%E2%80%99m-not-a-racist-because-i%E2%80%A6%E2%80%9D.104153/post-18648201

what did Greenwald say that was racist?

Quote from: Enzom21
https://www.resetera.com/threads/let%E2%80%99s-discuss-the-stupidity-of-%E2%80%9Chow-can-they-be-a-racist-if%E2%80%A6%E2%80%9D-or-%E2%80%9Ci%E2%80%99m-not-a-racist-because-i%E2%80%A6%E2%80%9D.104153/post-18648278

That’s not the point of that example. Posting a picture of him with his non-white family isn’t proof that he isn’t a racist. Did you really not understand that?

Quote from: shamanick
https://www.resetera.com/threads/let%E2%80%99s-discuss-the-stupidity-of-%E2%80%9Chow-can-they-be-a-racist-if%E2%80%A6%E2%80%9D-or-%E2%80%9Ci%E2%80%99m-not-a-racist-because-i%E2%80%A6%E2%80%9D.104153/post-18648554

Easy, buddy. I was asking what the situation was. If my question was outside the scope of this thread, my sincerest apologies.

Doesn't stop the "you know what you want to call me" response from Enzom "please you know you want to call me a ni**er with a hard R" 21 though.

Quote from: Enzom21
“Easy, buddy”? Was there any unease in my response? I was simply explaining that it is irrelevant if he something racist or not when it comes to that example.

As far as him being a racist. All of the quotes are from posters on this board so you can search them and ask the poster why they called Greenwald a racist.
Spud

« Reply #563 on: March 08, 2019, 09:37:13 PM »
Unlike Enzom, I fully admit being called the n-word turns me on  :-*
She

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #564 on: March 08, 2019, 09:38:40 PM »
:drool

BisMarckie

« Reply #565 on: March 08, 2019, 09:39:13 PM »
Uncle‘s like phishing devalues our like based currency. :bolo

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #566 on: March 08, 2019, 09:42:33 PM »

Why don't you say what you really mean?</Enzom> You want me to call you the N-word.

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
« Reply #567 on: March 08, 2019, 09:45:02 PM »

:neo

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #568 on: March 08, 2019, 09:47:34 PM »
[Crossing Eden shenanigans]
God, this guy was such a fucking tool on GAF, and worst of all, he could lock you into a discussion for 40 pages, with massive posts of gifs, image diagrams, and general verbal diarrhea.
He was easy to troll/rile up though, so as long as you didn't engage into a real argument with him, it was all good.

In real life, he must be one of those guys that keep you on the phone for an hour, when you call them to ask a simple thing, so your only option is to just pretend you're entering a tunnel.

pgtl_10

« Reply #569 on: March 09, 2019, 12:03:29 AM »
Quote from: kirblar
Lying comes with the territory of being a politician. Diplomatic bullshittery is a necessary skillset. One of Hillary's biggest flaws as a candidate was that she was a terrible, terrible liar.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/2020-democratic-presidential-primary-ot-bernies-running-hillarys-not-bloomberg-isnt-either-but-inslee-is.91234/post-18657454

(Image removed from quote.)

abuelita you have been forsake!

It's kirblar. He will forgive every neoliberal that will keep progressives from helping poor people.

pgtl_10

« Reply #570 on: March 09, 2019, 12:08:43 AM »
Lol “I don’t disagree with her, but I still hate her for having vocal convictions.”

If she didn't know how to play the game, then why did she delete her old blatantly anti-semitic tweets?

She's intentionally stirring shit.

Her tweets weren't anti-Semitic lol.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #571 on: March 09, 2019, 12:31:26 AM »
This is the post that will prevent from holding office
每天生气

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #572 on: March 09, 2019, 12:36:54 AM »

:gurl

« Reply #573 on: March 09, 2019, 12:38:11 AM »

You know you want to. Go on, just say it.
She

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #574 on: March 09, 2019, 12:38:50 AM »

How did you even catch the pre-typo version of this post? I edited it within 5 minutes.

thisismyusername

« Reply #575 on: March 09, 2019, 12:39:01 AM »

You know you want to. Go on, just say it.

MISS OBAMA, GET DOWN!!!!!

PogiJones

« Reply #576 on: March 09, 2019, 12:45:33 AM »
Cream containment is leaking

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #577 on: March 09, 2019, 12:45:44 AM »

How did you even catch the pre-typo version of this post? I edited it within 5 minutes.

I don't know. How did you end up getting cucked during a threesome you organized?
每天生气

« Reply #578 on: March 09, 2019, 12:47:29 AM »

You got that right
She

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #579 on: March 09, 2019, 12:54:49 AM »

You got that right

I thought you said it didn’t work anymore...

thisismyusername

« Reply #580 on: March 09, 2019, 12:56:39 AM »

As long as she contains her autism, she's fine. I think bork can delete that thread now. Maybe. Who knows, she seems to have learned something from it.

Boredfrom

« Reply #581 on: March 09, 2019, 01:02:28 AM »

As long as she contains her autism, she's fine. I think bork can delete that thread now. Maybe. Who knows, she seems to have learned something from it.

Pls no.

PogiJones

« Reply #582 on: March 09, 2019, 01:06:26 AM »

I don't think it was ever meant to contain Cream the poster. Just Cream the topic. Unfortunately, when every other post she makes she talks about what turns her on or whatever, those two are currently almost the exact same thing.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #583 on: March 09, 2019, 01:10:09 AM »
Watching them turn on Hillary after she'd done nothing except the same politicking she'd been doing her entire life is pretty embarassing.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #584 on: March 09, 2019, 01:15:51 AM »

I don't know. How did you end up getting made into a giant dad during a threesome you organized?

I feel sorry for you for remembering and holding onto this for so long, only to try to reiterate it as an insult months later. Not too surprising coming from you though, since you’re proudest achievement is being a pseudo-celebrity on a forum no one reads

:snob

FStop7

« Reply #585 on: March 09, 2019, 01:20:57 AM »
Captain Marvel is probably a fun comic book movie and people who get triggered because the lead is a woman are babies.  But the minute someone tries to make the movie into some kind of socio-political touchstone it’s now open to scrutiny for its association with the military and defense industry, the associations of the people behind it (Perlmutter the Trump lover), etc. 

Averon

« Reply #586 on: March 09, 2019, 01:52:31 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/captain-marvel-tramples-internet-trolls-skyrockets-to-estimated-160m-opening.104330/

Another Marvel movie makes money like everyone thought it would and places like Deadline and ERA are celebrating like they defeated Sauron.  :lol
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 02:05:49 AM by Averon »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #587 on: March 09, 2019, 02:06:31 AM »
are these galaxy brains trying to reject reality and pretend TLJ and Captain Marvel arent divisive? Great start on your careers as info wars hosts buddies.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #588 on: March 09, 2019, 02:21:21 AM »
Captain Marvel Is a Groundbreaker for the MCU, and Also Not a Great Movie. Which Matters More?

https://www.vulture.com/2019/03/captain-marvel-backlash.html#_ga=2.36776678.798868047.1552006718-543695351.1459992340

The Marvel Cinematic Universe’s latest is a double origin story, a period piece, a space adventure, and an attempt at feminist filmmaking—and it mostly succeeds.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/03/captain-marvel-movie-review

The dream of the ’90s is alive in the underwhelming Captain Marvel

https://film.avclub.com/the-dream-of-the-90s-is-alive-in-the-underwhelming-capt-1833044950

'Captain Marvel' Is a Flawed, But Necessary Superhero Movie

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/captain-marvel-movie-review

‘Captain Marvel’ — Marvel’s first movie built around a woman — is not the empowering thrill it wants to be

https://www.washingtonpost.com/goingoutguide/movies/captain-marvel--marvels-first-movie-built-around-a-woman--is-not-the-empowering-thrill-it-wants-to-be/2019/03/05/e68a1c08-3b94-11e9-aaae-69364b2ed137_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8849bb354553

‘Captain Marvel’ Film Review: Brie Larson Packs a Punch in Effective, Sometimes Obvious, Marvel Saga
The film may not always own up to its own political implications, but the girl-power and 90s retro aspects are fun, even when overplayed

https://www.thewrap.com/captain-marvel-film-review-brie-larson-avengers-mcu/

My daily liberal news sites have been very careful with reviewing the movie.  I'll be watching it because I love Brie Larson (and her s-s-s-s-s-sweet c-c-c-c-can) but anyone can see it's divisive.  I can't wait for Excel and Crossing Eden to gaslight the entire forum and ban anyone who disagrees
sigh

Averon

« Reply #589 on: March 09, 2019, 02:25:22 AM »
I've seen enough TLJ discussions on ERA to know that they completely reject the notion that TLJ is divisive and are convinced all the belly-aching are from "bad faith" actors, trolls, and Russian bots. Crossing Eden and Cheebo being the biggest cheerleaders in that regard.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #590 on: March 09, 2019, 02:25:26 AM »
play dmc5 you cowards

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #591 on: March 09, 2019, 02:29:21 AM »
Mark Kemode said he liked 50% of it, so I don't know if i'll see it. Really liked Larson in Short Term 12 and Free Fire, and am a huge Ben Mendelsohn fan, but at the same time, it's a MCU film, so it's probably bad.

El Babua

« Reply #593 on: March 09, 2019, 02:55:53 AM »
Only way I could deal with babysitting 6 kids is being smacked out of my mind.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #594 on: March 09, 2019, 03:08:28 AM »
One time I was taking care of a baby while the parents were traveling.  They told me to put a turkey in the oven on the day they were to return.  I got bored and smoked a cannabis cigarette.

When the parents got home they asked why the turkey was still in the fridge.

We opened the oven and it was . . . it was . .  a HAAAAAAAM!!!!!!!!!!

:six: :six: :six:
sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #595 on: March 09, 2019, 03:13:28 AM »
Only way I could deal with babysitting 6 kids is being smacked out of my mind.

BisMarckie

« Reply #596 on: March 09, 2019, 03:29:36 AM »

(he‘s bi)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #598 on: March 09, 2019, 05:00:18 AM »
So the term "Manic Pixie Dream Girl" is an accepted term. Is there a term for the person who falls for them?

And the results are : #9 Nice Guy™, #19 Incel, #38 Incel? :P, #72 "Nice Guys"? and #79 for the bonus message by excelsiorlef (link)

Quote from: excelsiorlef
Nice Guy™
Biiiingo

#9 #19 #38 #72 #79

Come back in 6 hours for the next draw of "Milkshake Incel Gamergator Утка"

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-the-term-manic-pixie-dream-girl-is-an-accepted-term-is-there-a-term-for-the-person-who-falls-for-them.104321/
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #599 on: March 09, 2019, 05:40:48 AM »
The entirety of Reee are creepy nice guys, one of their most prominent voices had his fucking parents buy him a bride :lol