Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3751747 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #600 on: March 09, 2019, 05:42:24 AM »
At least OP can take solace in people using his misfortune as an opportunity to grandstand their morality while simultaneously shaming him for being "privileged" enough to be able to save money to take his loved ones on a vacation.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-just-wasted-2-300-dollars.104111/page-6#post-18651192

:whew
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #601 on: March 09, 2019, 05:48:49 AM »
The hypocrisy in this thread is incredible. I assume most here are either from US or UK. Both run by racist xenophobic governments right now voted by the people (which makes a lot of those people racist and xenophobic). Both countries that were built on top of slavery or raping other countries of their resources via “colonialism”.

And that man ?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tabris
[close]

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-just-wasted-2-300-dollars.104111/page-4#post-18644624
ὕβρις

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #602 on: March 09, 2019, 06:14:30 AM »
Only way I could deal with babysitting 6 kids is being smacked out of my mind.

Only way I could babysit 6 kids is if I was Michael Jackson.
Oi Oi

Snoopycat_

« Reply #603 on: March 09, 2019, 06:27:22 AM »
The entirety of Reee are creepy nice guys, one of their most prominent voices had his fucking parents buy him a bride :lol

Silly. You can't buy a prostitute.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #604 on: March 09, 2019, 06:49:55 AM »
alt right incel trolls are the greatest threat society faces and we need companies like disney to keep growing so they can afford to fund an army of democracy restoring paragons to counter their hateful reviews and fascistic downvotes.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #605 on: March 09, 2019, 07:56:06 AM »
At best some teenage boys might want to fap to it, big fucking deal, I fap everyday at the age of 13 you cowards.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/spoilers-devil-may-cry-5-for-ps4-is-slightly-more-censored-than-on-xbox-one-and-pc-but-only-in-the-west.104345/post-18675267

newsfeed

« Reply #606 on: March 09, 2019, 08:07:24 AM »
is everyone aware that enzon is white? it´s pretty obvious, isn´t it?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #607 on: March 09, 2019, 08:14:20 AM »
All this time he wanted to be called a cracker  :lucas
I can empathize with his frustration for having been misunderstood for so long.
ὕβρις

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #608 on: March 09, 2019, 08:20:24 AM »
"divisive" should not be a term associated with fomulaic superhero flicks. it's not enough for something to just be mediocre anymore.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #609 on: March 09, 2019, 08:24:04 AM »
The entirety of Reee are creepy nice guys, one of their most prominent voices had his fucking parents buy him a bride :lol
the UBI-style solution to incelhood.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #610 on: March 09, 2019, 08:43:30 AM »
 ::)

PsychoBee

« Reply #611 on: March 09, 2019, 08:50:57 AM »
 :reeeee :reeeee :reeeee
dumb

Drainage

« Reply #612 on: March 09, 2019, 08:51:22 AM »
$60 for Skyrim brehs. 7 pages of damage control. OP is banned.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-do-switch-games-just-never-drop-in-price.104304/

Quote from: Hamster Plugin
Nintendo consoles are premium consoles for premium users. Expect to spend lots of money afterwards if you buy a Nintendo machine.

I think Nintendo is doing it right though.

Propagandhim

« Reply #613 on: March 09, 2019, 09:02:31 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-do-switch-games-just-never-drop-in-price.104304/

Nintendo consoles are premium consoles for premium users. Expect to spend lots of money afterwards if you buy a Nintendo machine.

I think Nintendo is doing it right though. It's safe to buy a Zelda game even two years after launch for $60. Buying any other game for full price after launch comes with a risk of a price drop happening and you having wasted your money.

You waste your money unless you pay Nintendo full price for games years after they come out.  Nintentards, man.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 09:07:24 AM by Propagandhim »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #614 on: March 09, 2019, 09:07:50 AM »
So in the 1940s, is someone left to join the Nazi party, knowing who and what they were, supported the people supporting the movement/actions, and then wanted to come back, they should've welcomed him/her with open arms?

Well it did happen  :letsfukk

https://www.resetera.com/threads/british-schoolgirl-that-left-to-join-isis-in-2015-says-she-has-no-regrets-but-wants-to-return-home-to-the-uk.99704/page-21#post-18675960
ὕβρις

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #615 on: March 09, 2019, 09:32:26 AM »
Of course he gets credit for moving the party left recently, that was an accomplishment which I can respect. The real question is - why didn't he do this decades ago? It's not like he started getting into politics in 2015.

This is a response from a conversation that started with someone posting videos of bernie from the 80s/90s being all super left.

:lol

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #616 on: March 09, 2019, 09:40:48 AM »

I think Nintendo is doing it right though. It's safe to buy a Zelda game even two years after launch for $60. Buying any other game for full price after launch comes with a risk of a price drop happening and you having wasted your money.

You waste your money unless you pay Nintendo full price for games years after they come out.  Nintentards, man.

Can't waste money if everyone wastes money  :rollsafe

« Reply #617 on: March 09, 2019, 09:55:16 AM »
is everyone aware that enzon is white? it´s pretty obvious, isn´t it?

She

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #618 on: March 09, 2019, 09:56:33 AM »
I love how that poor ISIS bride got indoctrinated and groomed, but whenever the topic of country X banning burqas comes up, it's outrageous because "99% of women who wear them chose to do so".

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #619 on: March 09, 2019, 10:09:33 AM »
Of course he gets credit for moving the party left recently, that was an accomplishment which I can respect. The real question is - why didn't he do this decades ago? It's not like he started getting into politics in 2015.

This is a response from a conversation that started with someone posting videos of bernie from the 80s/90s being all super left.

Doesn't top Altocountosaurus "It's the climate activists fault for not having done politics in the proper way so that elected officials could understand it" but it's pretty good.
ὕβρις

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #620 on: March 09, 2019, 10:31:07 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/captain-marvel-tramples-internet-trolls-skyrockets-to-estimated-160m-opening.104330/

Quote from: 2Bee, post: 18671990, member: 16452
The manbabies really convinced themselves this movie would underperform lmao.

:ego :ego :ego

! User Warned: Off-Site Drama
Quote from: Dr. Feel Good, post: 18671862, member: 7550
I hate to get into offsite shit but look how this moron keeps sliding into irrelevance.

Mod Edit: Removed Inappropriate Content

I think this was in reference to a post from ye olde shower goblin:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/captain-marvel-response-and-reactions.1473278/#post-253845412
Quote from: Shower Goblin
Wasn't planning on going but I ended up seeing it with a friend.

It's without a doubt the worst MCU film. Step aside, Rey. Carol is the quintessential Mary Sue. The entire world revolves around her and bends to her whims. There is no dramatic tension, no conflict, no highs or lows. Brie Larson smirks and BURRRRRRRRs her photon blast at something or someone and the situation resolves entirely in her favor instantly. BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

She calls herself a hero. Other characters call her a hero. Do the writers understand what a hero is? Do they understand what a hero's journey entails? She is no hero. She sacrifices nothing, strives for nothing, loses nothing, overcomes nothing.

Brie Larson doesn't have any physical presence (neither do her stunt double and cgi double, for that matter) and looks like a joke in her hand to hand fight with Jude Law. The fight choreography stinks.

She's overpowered to the point of indifference *before* uncorking her full god mode. She did nothing to earn it. Her first time flying around like Superman? No emotional impact. Man of Steel even manages to crush the emotional resonance of moments like that compared to Captain Sue. She flies into space and BURRRRRRRRRRRs space ships with no discernible difference to when she BURRRRRs everything else, yet in that instance advanced spaceships explode effortlessly, and in other instances she can non-fatally wound someone with a BURRRRRRRR to the chest. Her photon blasts do whatever is convenient for her to get what she wants, and she's always a hair trigger away from using them.

I like all the '90s songs used in the score on their own, but they're used in such an on the nose, banal, uninspired way here. It's laughable.

Jude Law's character exists to be effortlessly emasculated whenever Brie deems. Samuel L. Jackson has little to do other than play with the adorable Goose the Cat and trade occasional banter with Brie while riding in the passenger seat, riding in the back seat, or helping resolve conflict that Brie notes she could've done by herself effortlessly after he does it. LOL! None of these characters exist or have independent motives. They're all cardboard cutouts for Captain Sue to play with at her wooden leisure.

It's hard to imagine how Carol's presence in Endgame will reconcile with all the real characters in that narrative. Any involvement of hers runs the risk of sabotaging the MCU's decade-in-the-making climax.

BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

0/10
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

BikeJesus

« Reply #623 on: March 09, 2019, 10:45:05 AM »
I couldn't even make it through Infinity War, so no way I'm even going to attempt watching this turd.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #624 on: March 09, 2019, 10:55:00 AM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #625 on: March 09, 2019, 11:05:25 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sad-meal-competition-30-italian-meal-vs-butter-cheese-sandwich-vs-brooklyn-bbq.104317/post-18669448

This topic has the air of pathos of a 40 year old man talking about that great football game he played in high school.
Except its not the guy who actually played in that game. It was the guy who watched that game, and then narced on the team for smoking pot and got them expelled, then wondered why their football team went to shit.

And $30 italian meal and strugglewich were milhouse forced memes by people so desperate to alleviate the shitty atmosphere of #latestagegafalism that they'd post them in literally any topic about food DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER $30 ITALIAN MEAL? WITH THIS PHOTO? DO YOU REMEMBER? IT COST $30! in the first place

Your forum is shit and dying, and posting old memes from another forum isn't going to make you feel less sad about how shit and dying your new home forum is breh

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #626 on: March 09, 2019, 11:05:30 AM »
My daily liberal news sites have been very careful with reviewing the movie.  I'll be watching it because I love Brie Larson (and her s-s-s-s-s-sweet c-c-c-c-can) but anyone can see it's divisive.  I can't wait for Excel and Crossing Eden to gaslight the entire forum and ban anyone who disagrees

They really should've done Black Widow solo first, tbh famalam.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #627 on: March 09, 2019, 11:09:49 AM »
BLACK widow? scarjo taking another role from a minority smh

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #628 on: March 09, 2019, 11:10:06 AM »
They really should've done Black Widow solo first, tbh famalam.

I'm a sucker for espionage shit, but yeah, they really should have.
Her intro scene in Avengers was pretty great. Also her Banner recruitment scene.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #629 on: March 09, 2019, 11:14:48 AM »
On the opposite side, I actually really liked Zazie Beetz as Domino.

thetylerrob

« Reply #630 on: March 09, 2019, 11:20:12 AM »
https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/03/07/brianna-wu-calls-for-government-legislation-in-response-to-negative-captain-marvel-reviews/

(Image removed from quote.)

:neogaf :era

The digital society furthers human flaws and selectively rewards development of convenient half truths. The untested truths spun by different interests continue to churn and accumulate in the sandbox of political correctness and value systems. Everyone withdrawals into their own small gated community, afraid of a larger forum. They stay inside their little ponds, leaking whatever truths suits them into the growing cesspool of society at large. The different truths neither clash nor mesh. No one is invalidated, but no one is right

:vr

EightBitNate

« Reply #631 on: March 09, 2019, 11:23:35 AM »

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #632 on: March 09, 2019, 11:28:07 AM »

PogiJones

« Reply #633 on: March 09, 2019, 11:47:34 AM »
The real news in that image is that Nate watched 4 of those videos, one with Pepe in its thumbnail.  :drudge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #634 on: March 09, 2019, 11:52:17 AM »
Rian... We don't like you.  :crybaby
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #635 on: March 09, 2019, 12:02:28 PM »
This ain’t anywhere near 8chan AMA level; I’m not riled up and saying they’re seriously trying to pander to pedophiles. I just think they’re still trying to pander to a crowd that shouldn’t be pandered to.

This fucking amateur cartoonists crowd  :rage

https://www.resetera.com/threads/arbyswaifu-actually-shes-54-years-old.104252/page-10#post-18678870
ὕβρις

« Reply #636 on: March 09, 2019, 12:04:42 PM »
Arby’s waifu is the Captain marvel of fast food mascots
She

EightBitNate

« Reply #637 on: March 09, 2019, 12:06:50 PM »
The real news in that image is that Nate watched 4 of those videos, one with Pepe in its thumbnail.  :drudge

Got it from the /r/moviescirclejerk subreddit. Quit trying to assassinate my character.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #638 on: March 09, 2019, 12:07:00 PM »
I guess my question is who's whacking off to Arby's?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #639 on: March 09, 2019, 12:09:41 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #640 on: March 09, 2019, 12:11:22 PM »
I guess my question is who's whacking off to Arby's?

Channers, apparently.

The key thing here a lot of you are rushing to gloss over is that they clearly know what they’re doing- they’re playing to fucking channers. That’s the bad part. I don’t think the fucking meat restaurant PR is pro-pedophilia, I think they’re pro-horrible nerds who shouldn’t be pandered to.

The people mad about people finding this gross are the real snowflakes. This is some "legal Loli" message coding that's pandering to the grossest of people and pretty transparent. You know full well who they're doing this *wink wink nudge nudge* to.

Don't be part of the problem.

Some of those people are reaching Trump level of projection.
ὕβρις

« Reply #641 on: March 09, 2019, 12:16:50 PM »
The rabid frothing over hypothetical pedophiles is always the surest sign someone is full of shit. Zatt did it, remember the woman that heckled Rose McGowan And was later accused of molesting and raping underaged girls? Zatt declared it his sworn mission to not rest until she was completely exposed, except he never actually did anything and was called out many times.

And this was like what a couple months before swearing fealty to his liege, James “unhinge the baby’s jaw” Gunn.
She

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #642 on: March 09, 2019, 12:17:27 PM »
Times like these I wonder if the perception of Era on the internet at large is actually correct.
The internet at large has no idea this place exists.

:sabu

https://www.resetera.com/threads/arbyswaifu-actually-shes-54-years-old.104252/page-8#post-18670895
ὕβρις

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #643 on: March 09, 2019, 12:18:31 PM »
Who's Zatt?

She

EightBitNate

« Reply #645 on: March 09, 2019, 12:20:13 PM »
I actually get surprised by how often 4Chan/Reddit/YouTube comments mention Resetera (usually in a negative light).

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #646 on: March 09, 2019, 12:20:52 PM »
Who's Zatt?
Was he the "lawyer" guy? This show has too many characters, they should ban some.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #647 on: March 09, 2019, 12:24:53 PM »
Who's Zatt?
Was he the "lawyer" guy? This show has too many characters, they should ban some.

Yes the Brazilian MCU fan and esquire that will clear James Gunn'name and force Disney to rehire him back.

Now that I say it, it would be a good fake identity for a 419 scam.
ὕβρις

PsychoBee

« Reply #648 on: March 09, 2019, 12:26:12 PM »
I actually get surprised by how often 4Chan/Reddit/YouTube comments mention Resetera (usually in a negative light).
are you surprised bc they're literally a nothing website that the majority of people don't care about and it's a surprise that anyone would mention them at all

if so, let me introduce you to the concept of a lolcow
dumb

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #649 on: March 09, 2019, 12:38:35 PM »
are you surprised bc they're literally a nothing website that the majority of people don't care about and it's a surprise that anyone would mention them at all

if so, let me introduce you to the concept of a lolcow

that can't be true, its notable enough to have its own entry on wikip-

oh yea :teehee

agrajag

« Reply #650 on: March 09, 2019, 12:41:41 PM »
benji get on that The Bire wikipedia entry already

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #652 on: March 09, 2019, 12:44:01 PM »
They rebooted the devil may cry thread and apparently it's now a bannable offense to say that it's fucking weird that violence is okay but some buttocks have to be censored

Quote from: OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
This thread was rebooted due to a number of issues, so we're setting some ground rules.

First of all, do not dismiss concerns about female objectification and sexualisation in this thread. This includes bad faith misrepresentations or exaggerations of other users' concerns as being puritan in nature. Similarly, do not attempt to derail the discussion with irrelevant tangents about violence in video games: one does not excuse the other.

If you feel a post is actionable in some way, please report the post instead of engaging with hostility. This is counterproductive and will only lead to thread derailment. Posts ignoring the guidance laid out in this staff post will be actioned appropriately.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/spoilers-devil-may-cry-5-for-ps4-is-slightly-more-censored-than-on-xbox-one-and-pc-but-only-in-the-west.104368/

« Reply #653 on: March 09, 2019, 12:49:16 PM »
I’ll never get the equivalence between violence and objectification but I would allow the completely unoriginal thought to be expressed
She

PsychoBee

« Reply #654 on: March 09, 2019, 12:50:22 PM »
Don't even bother.

These people think they're living on the edge where only they have this unique view on society's hypocrisy. You won't ever get through to people like that.
dumb

PogiJones

« Reply #655 on: March 09, 2019, 12:50:23 PM »
Nate's reddit name is PillowLace. And it was 2 Pepe videos, my b

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #656 on: March 09, 2019, 12:50:59 PM »
Has their been any AAA+ game released since Era launched that didn't need thread guidance?

🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #657 on: March 09, 2019, 12:53:35 PM »
I’ll never get the equivalence between violence and objectification but I would allow the completely unoriginal thought to be expressed

not really an equivalence but pointing out the dumbness of american prudery.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #658 on: March 09, 2019, 01:05:04 PM »
Will all the thread reboots they should change the name from resetera to rebootera.

:rimshot

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #659 on: March 09, 2019, 01:15:15 PM »
RE: Rotisserie chicken.

I never buy them cause i feel weird tearing it apart to eat. I don't know why, it just freaks me out.

:snoop

:picard

:iface

:mueller