Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3880574 times)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #18060 on: May 30, 2019, 02:43:52 AM »
remember how all those orange gaf 'INSIDERS' essentially became twitter retweeters lawl
Some of those became ResetERA.com admins. :bolo

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #18061 on: May 30, 2019, 03:12:52 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/author-on-book-tour-learns-on-air-that-her-work-is-premised-on-a-misunderstanding.119061/

When she went on BBC radio on Thursday, Wolf, the author of Vagina and the forthcoming Outrages: Sex, Censorship, and the Criminalization of Love, probably expected to discuss the historical revelations she’d uncovered her book. But during the interview, broadcaster Matthew Sweet read to Wolf the definition of “death recorded,” a 19th-century English legal term. “Death recorded” means that a convict was pardoned for his crimes rather than given the death sentence.

Wolf thought the term meant execution.

:neogaf

Huh. Inviting her to a interview and dropping this bomb live on air is not very cool at all IMO. There were less sensationalist ways to handle this.

:brazilcry

I mean seriously, would anyone hearing "Death recorded" think "Well gee, I better look up the definition of that phrase!?"

No, most people would read "death recorded" as though the person was executed and their death was then recorded in the record...

Whoever thought of that phrase then decided it should be used to mean someone was pardoned is a fucking idiot, anyone with common sense could get that mixed up, and I don't blame her for letting it slip by, as it's something I'm sure most people wouldn't have even thought of it meaning that in the first place either.

BAN 19TH CENTURY BRITISH LAWYERS YOU COWARDS
ὕβρις

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #18062 on: May 30, 2019, 03:15:31 AM »
I mean seriously, would anyone hearing "Death recorded" think "Well gee, I better look up the definition of that phrase!?"

No, most people would read "death recorded" as though the person was executed and their death was then recorded in the record...

Whoever thought of that phrase then decided it should be used to mean someone was pardoned is a fucking idiot, anyone with common sense could get that mixed up, and I don't blame her for letting it slip by, as it's something I'm sure most people wouldn't have even thought of it meaning that in the first place either.
:doge

benjipwns

« Reply #18063 on: May 30, 2019, 03:19:48 AM »
Don't blame her, blame her reviewers and phd directors who didn't catch her mistake.
NO THIS IS A DANGEROUS PRECEDENT NO ONE LISTEN

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #18064 on: May 30, 2019, 03:21:03 AM »
While it's always important to do your research, I can't imagine a situation I'd have though to second guess the term "death recorded".

Totally clears the author, thank you !
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #18065 on: May 30, 2019, 03:21:32 AM »
Quote from: B-Dubs
Oh she deserves the bulk of the blame, but I'm shocked that the publisher never caught it. Usually lawyers and/or fact checkers will look something like this over before going to print. I'm not sure how this gets past a competent fact checker if I'm honest.
Yeah, you don't really hear about this sort of thing. I assume because professionals generally don't let major errors slip.
lol, so trusting, even though it happens all the time

benjipwns

« Reply #18066 on: May 30, 2019, 03:22:11 AM »
They could have just published an article on their site and then requested comments.

I don't see how inviting her without telling her they were going to humiliate her live is doing their job. It was basically a trap. It's nasty and sensationalist. It's something more fit for, I don't know, tabloids or reality television shows.
lol at this guy

benjipwns

« Reply #18067 on: May 30, 2019, 03:26:02 AM »
This is a perfect example of right-wing conspiracy theorist, LOL.
They start with their desired conclusion and work their way backwards from there.
Naomi R. Wolf (born November 12, 1962)[1][2][3] is an American liberal progressive[4][5] feminist author, journalist, and former political advisor to Al Gore and Bill Clinton.

Wolf first came to prominence in 1991 as the author of The Beauty Myth.[6] With the book, she became a leading spokeswoman of what was later described as the third wave of the feminist movement
whoops, guess ResetERA.com needs some fact checkers

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #18068 on: May 30, 2019, 03:32:09 AM »
Considering her ugly history discussed earlier in the thread, was she really a respected academic?

Academia is the salt of the earth.

It's the BBC - they're paid for by the taxpayer, not clicks or hits. They challenge pretty much everyone/everything.

:gbcry
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #18069 on: May 30, 2019, 04:47:58 AM »
Same people - 'love how that interviewer ripped Sargon of Exeter a new one'

Snoopycat_

« Reply #18070 on: May 30, 2019, 04:53:46 AM »
Now even Benjis are leaving Reesetera in drove. How long until women and minorities follow?

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #18071 on: May 30, 2019, 05:41:03 AM »
Benji a guy with just over 3000 followers getting a god complex. Dude is gonna get real burnt once his good will and fake leaks get him roasted hard.
Why is it that all business insiders that come from Reset/GAF are such fraud hacks.
His youtube channel is also so good, he posts videos with inaccurate info in and instead of you know taking it down and fixing, just puts a note in the comments like the amateur he is.
I don't know what makes me so annoyed about him, I think it's the fact he's like a beacon to what games journalism and analysts have become, just full of shit, but thinking they're Jesus of something. 

https://twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1133856123214344192

No shit, a Kojima game sells well.

:mike

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #18072 on: May 30, 2019, 06:20:36 AM »
I admit, it was fun to have people believe Sonic Adventure 3 was coming but also occasionally tricking low level marketing and PR people of sending me NDA'd stuff.
This mostly started during the Wii days, when it was pretty easy to get such information. Once the Wii U rolled along I was surprised to see the same people doing that same song and dance again.
And it was even more surprising when they kept doing it during the Switch days. I had some legit good leaks and sources back in the day. All you really needed was time, which I had plenty.

I never took it very seriously but some of those insiders think they're a big shot for learning how to use Google and LinkedIn.
In fact when Era launched the new generation of insiders chased me off almost immediately because they felt threatened when I started to pop their bubble.

Sales predictions are even more dumb in this day and age. Anyone can predict Pokemon is going to sell a fuck ton or Call of Duty slides off.
What they never predict is the things you don't see coming.
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #18073 on: May 30, 2019, 06:35:23 AM »
I don't know what makes me so annoyed about him

I mean he's not even making a good show of it, it's pretty insulting, when I read pseudo insiders I want it to be all spy novel, leaks delivered with cryptic clues and hushed tones into an underground parking somewhere. The more bullshit the claims, the more arrogant, grandiose and straight faced the delivery needs to be. I guess he lucked out on some predictions or something to gain whatever credibility he has on ERA because everything I saw from him is like the most shallow and superficial info any hobbyist can find in a couple of minutes (Like YouTube view counts).

Very poor performance, give us back Veridis or whatever the guy with the Tropic Thunder avatar that had Sony's bellend protruding out of his mouth was.
ὕβρις

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #18074 on: May 30, 2019, 06:37:26 AM »
I've never played a Kojima game, but from what I understand they are convoluted and nonsensical.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #18075 on: May 30, 2019, 06:47:48 AM »
I've never played a Kojima game, but from what I understand they are convoluted and nonsensical.
Depends on which Kojima game you are playing. There's always the fair share of nonsensical drama but some games like Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater are more 'grounded' than others.
With Metal Gear they sorta had to keep the military/intelligence/war theme going throughout the game. So they could go 'weird' but had some limitations and they had to explain 'some' of the weirdness
with various levels of success. For example, phsyic operatives like Psycho Mantis. In a fictious world of 'super hero' warriors doable that someone would have or develop that sort of power.
Same with rogue AI's and cloning. But some plot points especially in the latter games went beyond what could be considered as possible even in the world of Metal Gear.   

With Death Stranding 'anything' goes, which will either make it really awesome or it melts down in failure because nothing makes any sense.
🤴

Snoopycat_

« Reply #18076 on: May 30, 2019, 06:50:06 AM »
When I become a Ree game insider/leaker guy. Every post will be something like - YonS ErA yLtERceS gNiKam A OEDiv eMaG. or - Get ready for more FISHing spy fans

PogiJones

« Reply #18077 on: May 30, 2019, 06:55:49 AM »
Benji a guy with just over 3000 followers getting a god complex. Dude is gonna get real burnt once his good will and fake leaks get him roasted hard.
Why is it that all business insiders that come from Reset/GAF are such fraud hacks.
His youtube channel is also so good, he posts videos with inaccurate info in and instead of you know taking it down and fixing, just puts a note in the comments like the amateur he is.
I don't know what makes me so annoyed about him,

Probably the quintuple posting of Frank O'Connor quotes and inaccurate Frank O'Connor employment information

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #18078 on: May 30, 2019, 06:57:56 AM »

it's ok, a furry set them straight https://www.resetera.com/threads/author-on-book-tour-learns-on-air-that-her-work-is-premised-on-a-misunderstanding.119061/post-21111319

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #18079 on: May 30, 2019, 07:01:17 AM »

it's ok, a furry set them straight https://www.resetera.com/threads/author-on-book-tour-learns-on-air-that-her-work-is-premised-on-a-misunderstanding.119061/post-21111319
Another dangerous book that stands to corrupt the masses. I believe we must take action to prevent the spread of such misinformation comrades.  :hmph
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #18080 on: May 30, 2019, 07:15:06 AM »
Death Standing is going to be a nonsensical convoluted pseudo Arthouse romp through a bland and generic open world with tired gameplay concepts that wouldn't have felt fresh in 2003.
Spud

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #18081 on: May 30, 2019, 07:33:28 AM »
Kino vidya

:rejoice

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #18082 on: May 30, 2019, 07:39:53 AM »
 :lol @ naomi wolf

“Sentence: suspended.”

“Hm. That’s a strange way to say ‘hanged.’”

*writes enormous book*

:ohyou

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #18084 on: May 30, 2019, 07:54:26 AM »
Posted in other thread and I'll post here too.

Ok.

I've spent some time stewing on all that's gone on lately. Really thinking about it. And I've come to a decision here:

I'm going to trust Nancy for now. I don't agree with this strategy, but I'm going to trust her and whatever this plan is she has. Maybe she has some information we don't have, or some strategy we can't see. I don't know, but I'm trusting that she wants Trump gone as much as us or even more and is doing what is needed to make that happen.

HOWEVER: I SWEAR. I Swear to all that is good left on this Earth, that if Trump walks back into the Oval Office in 2020, re-elected, from this failed planned of hers, that I will fucking NEVER vote for a Democrat, at any position in government, no matter the circumstances, again as long as Pelosi remains in a leadership position within the party.

I FUCKING SWEAR IT. Nancy, your plan better fucking work.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/special-counsel-robert-s-mueller-to-make-statement-at-11am-et.119640/page-36#post-21253228
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #18085 on: May 30, 2019, 07:55:46 AM »
Benjisales is like, some midlevel assistant (to the) regional manager at some US bricks & mortar store like Target or Best Buy or some shit, so he has an overview of a sizable chunk of US sales that he can extrapolate out to the US at large based on knowing what chunk his region covers and how representative of overall US sales that represents, so he has some actual authority on US retail sales figures that you don't see in other "retail musings" posters who will just say shit like "I was chatting to the minimum wage drone at gamestop here in bumfuck nevada, and they said sony are gay and nintendo smell like poo, and there are so many stacks of unsold switches and playstations that they turned them into a fort, but the XBOX ONE X ALL IN ONE ENTERTAIMENT SYSTEM, WORLDS MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE is so popular that they had to institute an impromptu Battle Royale in the car park so only those worthy of Our Lord And Saviour Phil Spencers Seed may partake".

He would also tangentially get some 'scoops' where certain publishers will let big retail chains know about a title thats not officially announced so its in the system when their announcement blow out hits.

What he doesn't know shit about, or at least his guess is as good as anyone elses, is things like non-physical / digital distribution, niche stuff that isn't going to pick up the majority of its sales via B&M chain electrical, or non-US sales.

:no1curr

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #18086 on: May 30, 2019, 07:58:03 AM »
Posted in other thread and I'll post here too.

Ok.

I've spent some time stewing on all that's gone on lately. Really thinking about it. And I've come to a decision here:

I'm going to trust Nancy for now. I don't agree with this strategy, but I'm going to trust her and whatever this plan is she has. Maybe she has some information we don't have, or some strategy we can't see. I don't know, but I'm trusting that she wants Trump gone as much as us or even more and is doing what is needed to make that happen.

HOWEVER: I SWEAR. I Swear to all that is good left on this Earth, that if Trump walks back into the Oval Office in 2020, re-elected, from this failed planned of hers, that I will fucking NEVER vote for a Democrat, at any position in government, no matter the circumstances, again as long as Pelosi remains in a leadership position within the party.

I FUCKING SWEAR IT. Nancy, your plan better fucking work.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/special-counsel-robert-s-mueller-to-make-statement-at-11am-et.119640/page-36#post-21253228

Is this doing anything to own the libs?
                    /

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #18088 on: May 30, 2019, 08:36:55 AM »
I get the story complaints with Kojima games (i dont give a fuck cause i skip that shit asap) but the gameplay is usually phenomenal.

PogiJones

« Reply #18089 on: May 30, 2019, 08:40:37 AM »
Never played a Kojima game, but Death Stranding looks pretty dope for the setting alone. And the terrain scaling gives me BotW vibes.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #18090 on: May 30, 2019, 08:54:37 AM »
Because someone just bumped this:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/say-something-nice-about-another-member-the-return.117631/post-20903421

RedMercury unironically using Shiny Happy People - a song written to sarcastically mock surface level "Everything is brilliant!" over-compensation for deeper malaise, and inspired by communist propaganda, IIRC specifically referring to the Tienanmen Square massacre - to describe his own era circlejerk thread.

:delicious

Ghoul

« Reply #18091 on: May 30, 2019, 09:07:12 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/say-something-nice-about-another-member-the-return.117631/post-20903421

RedMercury unironically using Shiny Happy People - a song written to sarcastically mock surface level "Everything is brilliant!" over-compensation for deeper malaise, and inspired by communist propaganda, IIRC specifically referring to the Tienanmen Square massacre - to describe his own era circlejerk thread.

could not make this shit up. HAHAH  :girlaff :crowdlaff

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #18092 on: May 30, 2019, 09:07:39 AM »
It's alot harder for democrats to have a consistent message because they have to appeal to all demographics. Republicans can easily get their message out because they only appeal to a very specific type of person, White/Male/Christian, you can also easily get that demographic to crawl through glass for you simply by saying mean things about brown people.

Man, Democrats are really selfless.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot4-folded-like-a-dog.110586/page-373#post-21251424

spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's probably true to some extent but it's a pretty exaggerated way of putting it.
[close]
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #18093 on: May 30, 2019, 09:11:29 AM »
would be interesting to see which modifier has a greater effect on conservatism in the US, gender, religion, race or age. Personally I'm going to guess age.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #18094 on: May 30, 2019, 09:12:24 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiny_Happy_People

Despite the song's success, band members were ambivalent about being known for a pop song that lacked gravitas. "It's a fruity pop song written for children. It just is what it is", Michael Stipe told the BBC's Andrew Marr in 2016.

Due to the band's dislike of the song, it was one of their few Warner-released singles not included on their 2003 greatest hits album In Time, and they have since refused to play it live throughout their career.

:ufup
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #18095 on: May 30, 2019, 09:18:47 AM »
would be interesting to see which modifier has a greater effect on conservatism in the US, gender, religion, race or age. Personally I'm going to guess age.

I'd guess economic status, because the poorest are just as motivated by the self interest of reducing their tax burden as the rich, and conservative platforms usually run on "we'll cut taxes" platform first and foremost.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #18096 on: May 30, 2019, 09:34:02 AM »
:ufup

wiki removed references to it as unsourcable / unverifiable as per thats how wiki rolls, but its all up in the talk pages
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Shiny_Happy_People

:trumps

e:
like this (archive link)
https://web.archive.org/web/20061124130945/http://music.aol.com:80/feature/111-wussiest-songs-number-1

Maybe its an urban legend, but its sure a popular one, especially given REM don't really do too much of the on-the-nose lyrics style songs

thetylerrob

« Reply #18097 on: May 30, 2019, 09:38:21 AM »

There is no such thing as an ironic song that hasn't been misinterpreted.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #18098 on: May 30, 2019, 09:43:20 AM »
BOOOOORN IN THE USA!!!!   :usacry :usacry :usacry

Got in a little hometown jam
So they put a rifle in my hand
Sent me off to a foreign land
To go and kill the yellow man

:pika

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #18099 on: May 30, 2019, 10:24:21 AM »
Benji is such a fucking baby
:O

james

« Reply #18100 on: May 30, 2019, 10:26:54 AM »

Religion all the way bro, this isnt even a question

james

« Reply #18101 on: May 30, 2019, 10:27:12 AM »
Pika pika

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #18102 on: May 30, 2019, 10:45:16 AM »
Gonna call receipts on purple gaf being more active than orange gaf at peak

james

« Reply #18103 on: May 30, 2019, 11:06:18 AM »
GAFs problem was that every time people wanted to use the site, it was down for a week.

World cup, E3 etc

Ghoul

« Reply #18104 on: May 30, 2019, 11:10:11 AM »
Reset has mighty fine load balancing for these events. They just ban the fuck out of anyone that says anything slightly off brand.

When you're trying to save on server costs it's an amazing plan to use human load balancing mods to keep the site up.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #18105 on: May 30, 2019, 11:19:20 AM »

Religion all the way bro, this isnt even a question

I know the question is conservatism in the US but with it being on the rise worldwide and religion on the outs I don't know
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #18106 on: May 30, 2019, 11:28:10 AM »
rioutiso working overtime with the ball licking.

Ghoul

« Reply #18107 on: May 30, 2019, 11:30:54 AM »
because mods causing users to leave in droves.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #18108 on: May 30, 2019, 11:39:29 AM »
Doesn't he only have his (SO MASSIVE) following because of Resetera?

Seems really ill advised to quit while you are still trying to grow your "brand." 

Resetera.com LLC site administrator ZhugeEX only has the following he does because of orangegaf and 'quit' (was permaed) under near identical circumstances.
You can arguably point at shinobi too for an example.

As for why not stay there;
if you want to be a business analyst for the entertainment industry of any flavour, on a site where literally any topic can be derailed into anti-capitalist rhetoric with complete impunity?
you're not allowed to say devs are lazy, but you can say they're greedy, degenerate, psycho/sociopathic, manipulative, predatory, evil, white supremacist, pedophile enabling, accessories to mass murder, and explicitly call for your desires to see shareholders get the guillotine.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #18109 on: May 30, 2019, 11:45:56 AM »
Those people had way bigger Twitter followings, larger than the number of active users on Resetera; my point wasn't he should have stayed indefinitely, my point was he doesn't have a big enough following to just dump his only real platform where he's "known" and go anywhere with it.

again; zhugeex built his twitter following after being permed but by people quoting him in every npd thread.
Like, the parallels are super clear, even to the same type and level of drama involved

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #18110 on: May 30, 2019, 11:47:28 AM »
Whatever happened to Pete Dodd?

Ghoul

« Reply #18111 on: May 30, 2019, 11:47:32 AM »
he should had milked the cult for a lot longer and get to at least 20k followers before throwing the fit he threw.

People remember and also web searches show a guy that had a meltdown every couple months since December

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #18112 on: May 30, 2019, 11:55:11 AM »
BOOOOORN IN THE USA!!!!   :usacry :usacry :usacry

Got in a little hometown jam
So they put a rifle in my hand
Sent me off to a foreign land
To go and kill the yellow man

Those bastards. Going to Vietnam and killing Pikachu.

Lt. Surge taking home a Pikachu takes on sinister meaning now.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #18113 on: May 30, 2019, 11:57:32 AM »
Just checked; Zhugeez has 21,000 followers in April 2016 before Purple-GAF even existed. 

The guy also works in the industry, just not even sure why you are using these people as examples at all or how they relate to some dolt who barely has 3k followers and doesn't work in the industry.

Either way this convo is pointless;  this guy was never going anywhere with this shit anyways lol

Jesus dude, just do me a favour and everytime you think you're read something I've said, reread it to see if it tallies with whatever it was you think it said.

https://twitter.com/zhugeex/status/629409128885129218?lang=en

He built those followers after being banned on orange gaf, by people posting his tweets on orange gaf for him.
He did not work ibn the industry when he was permed on orange gaf.
He got his industry job based on his predictions and analyses, which he did on twitter, not on orangegaf, and attracted followers from orangegaf while still being permed there.

Like... if benjisales wants to do the same thing, hes doing it literally the way zhugeex did it. Other than his perm was self requested.

Ghoul

« Reply #18114 on: May 30, 2019, 11:58:52 AM »
How did zhugeex get banned? Also will be funny to see people search for Benji's ban and see he literally asked for it.

Ghoul

« Reply #18115 on: May 30, 2019, 12:00:44 PM »
and that's why you F5

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #18116 on: May 30, 2019, 12:06:41 PM »
How did zhugeex get banned? Also will be funny to see people search for Benji's ban and see he literally asked for it.

IIRC a 'forum celebrity' on GAF said something stupid and fanboyish and he said "Oh, fuck off" when quoting it, and got the ole "we don't think you're a good fit" send off

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #18117 on: May 30, 2019, 12:08:21 PM »
Sage:  Well then that's interesting, thought you meant perm'd from Resetera like Benji sales.   

I don't really do more than skim your posts,  also I know jack shit about any of these people.  What alien race does your post formatting come from?

Ghoul

« Reply #18118 on: May 30, 2019, 12:29:19 PM »
he does it for the clout and the followers, I cannot fucking believe he said "I don't know you (thanos joke /s) before he got himself perm'd

Silly thing is the dude recently posted pictures with his Wifey, really silly move when there are other places that are far worse than our moaning.

Oh and the fact he went on reset to bitch about his marriage being in a hole....

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #18119 on: May 30, 2019, 12:39:23 PM »
YEET