Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3751903 times)

Propagandhim

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #30480 on: July 14, 2019, 10:33:36 AM »
So when are western counties going to start returning artifacts they stole back to their origins?

SHould this happen

SO is every going to happen? I was watch the black panther the other day and the scene when killmonger is at that museum made me start thinking. Like it time we start returning that shit from were it came from or at least try. Like could you imagine someone going and stealing the mona lisa and putting it in a museum north dakota . THe vast stealing of artifacts is one of the great forgotten things about colonialism . Crazy how shit was sloten.

OK, but only if OP submit a written plea to the embassy of California.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-when-are-western-counties-going-to-start-returning-artifacts-they-stole-back-to-their-origins.128959/#post-22745753

The Mona Lisa is an Italian painting in a French Museum
Was the Mona Lisa stolen from Italy?
But it wasn't stolen it was brought
It was sold to King Francis of France like right after Leonardo finished it and IIRC he was working in France at the time.
Yes, for everything stolen.
The Mona Lisa is an Italian painting in a French Museum
which doesn’t include this for example.

They're not exactly making a moot point, but something tells me that if a bunch of rich European kings bought up a ton of works of art from a developing country for a pittance, they wouldn't just be like "oh, this is fine."  What they really are interested in is having the native peoples' work be represented in the native peoples' lands...not if it was bought and sold in a legal transaction.  IIRC there was a thread where some famous Southern Pacific Island works were bought by some archeologist for basically nothing, and that pissed them off.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #30481 on: July 14, 2019, 10:35:33 AM »
Did you read my post? Is there any public outcry on returning Carthagenian artificats to Tunisia? Why can't we focus on the evils of colonialism and right some of the wrongs committed there instead of trying to solve every non-problem in the world dating back to freaking Stone age?
oh, so we're only going to return certain artifacts I guess

benjipwns

« Reply #30482 on: July 14, 2019, 10:37:23 AM »
Wow so ISIS operates in small locales in a tiny handful of countries around the world so now we never have to return Koh-i-Noor diamonds stolen by the British Raj to Indian government. What?
According to his diary, it was acquired by Alauddin Khalji, second ruler of the Khalji dynasty of the Delhi Sultanate, when he invaded the kingdoms of southern India at the beginning of the 14th century and was probably in the possession of Kakatiya dynasty.[17] It later passed to succeeding dynasties of the Sultanate, and Babur received the diamond in 1526 as a tribute for his conquest of Delhi and Agra at the Battle of Panipat.[14]
so why are we giving it to the Indian government instead of the Katatiya dynasty's descendants?

benjipwns

« Reply #30483 on: July 14, 2019, 10:39:52 AM »
Following the 1739 invasion of Delhi by Nadir Shah, the Afsharid Shah of Persia, the treasury of the Mughal Empire was looted by his army in an organised and thorough acquisition of the Mughal nobility's wealth.[22] Along with millions of rupees and an assortment of historic jewels, the Shah also carried away the Koh-i-Noor.[23] He exclaimed Koh-i-Noor!, Persian for "Mountain of Light", when he obtained the famous stone.[24] One of his consorts said, "If a strong man were to throw four stones – one north, one south, one east, one west, and a fifth stone up into the air – and if the space between them were to be filled with gold, all would not equal the value of the Koh-i-Noor".[25]

After Nadir Shah was killed and his empire collapsed in 1747, the Koh-i-Noor fell to his grandson, who in 1751 gave it to Ahmad Shah Durrani, founder of the Afghan Empire, in return for his support.[23] One of Ahmed's descendants, Shuja Shah Durrani, wore a bracelet containing the Koh-i-Noor on the occasion of Mountstuart Elphinstone's visit to Peshawar in 1808.[26] A year later, Shujah formed an alliance with the United Kingdom to help defend against a possible invasion of Afghanistan by Russia.[27] He was quickly overthrown, but fled with the diamond to Lahore, where Ranjit Singh, founder of the Sikh Empire, in return for his hospitality, insisted upon the gem being given to him, and he took possession of it in 1813.[22]

Its new owner, Ranjit Singh, willed the diamond to the East India Company-administered Hindu Jagannath Temple in Puri, in modern-day Odisha, India.[28] However, after his death in 1839, his will was not executed.[29] On 29 March 1849, following the conclusion of the Second Anglo-Sikh War, the Kingdom of Punjab was formally annexed to Company rule, and the Last Treaty of Lahore was signed, officially ceding the Koh-i-Noor to Queen Victoria and the Maharaja's other assets to the company. Article III of the treaty read: "The gem called the Koh-i-Noor, which was taken from Shah Sooja-ool-moolk by Maharajah Ranjeet Singh, shall be surrendered by the Maharajah of Lahore to the Queen of England".[30]
sounds like a legal transfer to me?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #30484 on: July 14, 2019, 10:41:01 AM »
It's okay guys, I read a JordanN post and white people have right of conquest.
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30485 on: July 14, 2019, 10:41:08 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Tunisia did claim some ownership on Carthaginian artifacts actually ?
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30486 on: July 14, 2019, 10:42:59 AM »
wasn't there a thread about chinese billionaires hiring art thieves to steal from museums where the Era Brain Trust concluded its way better for a multibillionaire to lock up cultural works in his moneybin for his sole enjoyment because their skin colour makes that their right, and way better that than being in a museum for dirty cacs to ogle

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30487 on: July 14, 2019, 10:44:58 AM »
God RustyNails is so dense.

Why does China get to take over Tibetan artifacts? Was China colonized by Tibet?

:derp
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #30488 on: July 14, 2019, 10:45:26 AM »
a lot of shit that's on display is loaned anyway, if the successor state got it back they'd probably box it up somewhere if they didn't have a suitable location to display it, or they might just loan it back to the museum that's currently holding it

a lot of artifact ownership would be what ResetERA.com considers "non-profit" anyway

Propagandhim

« Reply #30489 on: July 14, 2019, 10:46:37 AM »
wasn't there a thread about chinese billionaires hiring art thieves to steal from museums where the Era Brain Trust concluded its way better for a multibillionaire to lock up cultural works in his moneybin for his sole enjoyment because their skin colour makes that their right, and way better that than being in a museum for dirty cacs to ogle

Yeah, that's the thread I'm talking about.  Beyond what you mentioned, within that thread there was a unanimous disdain for some ancient archaeologist who bought up a ton of now recognizable art from some small island nation.  They're full of shit when they say it's about buying/selling.  They want people to have their art represented by the people who made it...which is reasonable, but at least be honest about it.

benjipwns

« Reply #30490 on: July 14, 2019, 10:54:58 AM »
ideally, Disney would just buy everything and put it on display at their theme parks

benjipwns

« Reply #30492 on: July 14, 2019, 11:28:14 AM »
Quote from: RedMercury
That is an entirely different thread about an entirely different thing with entirely different context. If you want to debate about my posts in that thread, we can do so in that thread
the RedMercury thread multiverse :rejoice

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #30495 on: July 14, 2019, 11:41:09 AM »
Man, even the resetera users are tired of RedMercury's bullshit.  :lol

...You read one post. My first post in the thread said it sounded rude. I said that us as men should get our house in order before targeting women, consistent with my position here. disagreed with the assertion that it was inherently malicious and men were getting nothing out of the deal or being "tricked" as they are initially owed nothing. I do not believe women are sharing meals with people they absolutely despise.

Again, if you want to relitigate that thread, we can do so in that thread, where there is proper context to have the discussion rather than sharing out of context quotes as some sort of "gotcha" between two entirely separate scenarios.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-guy-experiences-the-toxicity-of-online-dating-through-fake-profiles.128906/post-22747931

PROPER CONTEXT. Like telling a user to go off himself because he checked their post history and wasn't worth saving his life.

benjipwns

« Reply #30496 on: July 14, 2019, 11:42:14 AM »
We have threads on ResetEra where majority of the people refuse to call out their own racist family members. These are the same people who claim to be allies, do you really think they give a fuck about minorities if they can’t even do the bare minimum. Do you really think the world can change if people are to chickenshit to actually help it change?
:lawd

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #30497 on: July 14, 2019, 11:46:47 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-you-be-racist-towards-white-people.128929/

I'm still waiting for someone, anyone, to explain WTF institutional racism is.

I'm trying to find what Nepenthe post this guy was quoting here:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-you-be-racist-towards-white-people.128929/#post-22741332
"I think whites are subhuman filth that should be forcibly aborted ."

Seems pretty racist to me.
^_^

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #30498 on: July 14, 2019, 11:52:31 AM »
I will not respect your taste in games if you don’t list at least one overly ambitious Eastern European jankfest.

Aside from The Witcher, "overly ambitious" is really the last thing I'd call Eastern European games. Everyone that I've seen seems to be cut from the same generic fantasy cloth, but I'd be interested in hearing some examples.
^_^

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30499 on: July 14, 2019, 11:59:10 AM »
:drudge :mods :drudge

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-guy-experiences-the-toxicity-of-online-dating-through-fake-profiles.128906/page-3#post-22747482

Quote from: RedMercury
I cannot converse in good faith with you if you continually extrapolate to the most uncharitable interpretation of my posts.

pretty rich for RM to be :wag about people reading posts in the most uncharitable manner possible.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30500 on: July 14, 2019, 12:03:48 PM »
I will not respect your taste in games if you don’t list at least one overly ambitious Eastern European jankfest.

Aside from The Witcher, "overly ambitious" is really the last thing I'd call Eastern European games. Everyone that I've seen seems to be cut from the same generic fantasy cloth, but I'd be interested in hearing some examples.

White Gold and its predecessor (Boiling Point ?) are pseudo-realistic FPS-RPG with large maps and a ton of writing involved. Think proto-Far Cry 2 with factions. It's massively flawed and doesn't have the means of its ambition but there's enough there that it gained a mini-cult status as.a YouTube video subject. See for instance :

https://youtu.be/KoEuQQlGZSQ

https://youtu.be/ohut3tk09No
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30501 on: July 14, 2019, 12:12:41 PM »
Is vice versa acceptable then? Let say a white person has been robbed/raped/abused is it OK to distrust black people then?

If not acceptable, why? What is the difference? Since it is personal anecdotes.
I mean, if the majority of white people got robbed almost daily by black people then we could start talking about the resentment and distrust caused by systemic black robbery.

I mean... the propensity for american police to be more trigger happy with one group than another is skewed heavily by the fact they get shot at by one group more often than another, but I don't see anyone being able to make that claim in an era thread about police brutality without getting dogpiled and banned

agrajag

benjipwns

« Reply #30503 on: July 14, 2019, 12:17:43 PM »
this 100 mile rule?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #30505 on: July 14, 2019, 12:23:27 PM »
nyt signal boosting alt-righters again

https://twitter.com/1jcmaxwell/status/1150430475296608256

BisMarckie

« Reply #30506 on: July 14, 2019, 12:24:45 PM »
The Void :lawd

benjipwns

BisMarckie

« Reply #30508 on: July 14, 2019, 12:27:23 PM »
God bless his soul for not knowing that furries are a thing.

Jansen

« Reply #30509 on: July 14, 2019, 12:29:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/having-a-kid-now-w-girlfriend-but-girlfriend-is-not-financially-healthy.128980/

Perfect girlfriend material

In a Twist mommy lives at home and is leeching off of her now pregnant daughter

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #30510 on: July 14, 2019, 12:31:19 PM »
100 Mile Rule

When you are more than 100 miles away from your significant other, you may do whatever you want, including cheat on them

Bob hooked up with Cindy while he was in Vegas, but he knew that his girlfriend Carrie wouldn't mind, because he was covered by the 100 mile rule.

:cac

BisMarckie

« Reply #30511 on: July 14, 2019, 12:34:15 PM »
I’m farther than 100 miles away from Benji and I would never cheat on him.   :-*

BisMarckie

« Reply #30512 on: July 14, 2019, 12:35:09 PM »
If I had sex with Benjisales, would that be cheating or do alters not count?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #30513 on: July 14, 2019, 12:40:02 PM »
This trend with troll accounts coming in with a negro for avi needs to stop. You're trash and you'll die trash. Have a bad life.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/scarlett-johansson-says-she-has-the-right-to-portray-%E2%80%98any-person%E2%80%99-she-wants.128879/post-22749119

:badass

The crime:
Ariel isn't real, she's a mermaid. Sonic isn't real, he's a hedgehog. Fans went nuclear on Sonic and forced Sega to change Sonics design. Ariel fans enraged are just as justified as Sonic fans in their rage. Yes some are racist, but I think they're simply the vocal minority

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #30514 on: July 14, 2019, 12:42:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/DaddyAllDay/status/1149495752499924992

I like how there's not only a copyright, but a x.x.x versioning system.

:smug

benjipwns

« Reply #30515 on: July 14, 2019, 12:42:26 PM »
This trend with troll accounts coming in with a negro for avi needs to stop. You're trash and you'll die trash. Have a bad life.
Enzom21 is rolling in his grave

benjipwns

« Reply #30516 on: July 14, 2019, 12:45:36 PM »
Just because a few loud racists are hijacking the discussion doesn't mean the majority of Ariel fans upset are racist as well.
Have you considered the potential idea that all those majority ARE also racist? But don’t want to admit that to themselves? Just asking.
:rollsafe

benita

« Reply #30517 on: July 14, 2019, 12:46:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-you-be-racist-towards-white-people.128929/page-10#post-22749619

You are making negative generalizations of the forum(1) in a thread regarding a sensitive issue(2) and are refusing to elaborate(3) on your points thereby not participating in good faith discussion(4) that involves sharing your reasoning beyond drive-by posting(5).

LMFAO peak RedMercury jamming 5 mod staples into his reply.

:ltg

BisMarckie

« Reply #30519 on: July 14, 2019, 12:55:30 PM »
Quote from: elegant weapon
You do realize that jews were/are persecuted for their religion and not their whiteness, right?

pls help me I think I’m having an aneurysm.

benjipwns

« Reply #30520 on: July 14, 2019, 12:57:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/would-something-as-radical-as-the-american-revolution-be-possible-today.128981/
I'm skeptical of the idea. State power is too strong nowadays. Not just numbers-wise, but logistics wise.
Yeah, it was a good thing the revolutionary army didn't lose every single encounter to the world's most powerful military for three straight years or so...

BisMarckie

« Reply #30521 on: July 14, 2019, 01:00:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/would-something-as-radical-as-the-american-revolution-be-possible-today.128981/
I'm skeptical of the idea. State power is too strong nowadays. Not just numbers-wise, but logistics wise.
Yeah, it was a good thing the revolutionary army didn't lose every single encounter to the world's most powerful military for three straight years or so...

If the British hired Prussian mercenaries, you’d still have the Queen as your head of state.
You‘d be just like Canada. :bolo

benjipwns

« Reply #30522 on: July 14, 2019, 01:00:42 PM »
I feel like our country is literally taken hostage by the tea party.
even worse, they refuse to issue ransom terms

benjipwns

« Reply #30523 on: July 14, 2019, 01:02:02 PM »
Somewhat legitimately? They stole the election and keep telling congress to kiss their ass every chance they get whenever they get caught doing something illegal. We STILL don’t have trumps tax returns.
arson, murder and jaywalking huh

BisMarckie

« Reply #30524 on: July 14, 2019, 01:02:55 PM »
That said, if the Founders hadn't kicked off their little secession party back then, you'd probably still be an independent nation these days. Just like Canada. Heck, you'd probably have Canada's political system instead of the dysfunctional clusterfuck the Founders came up with.

:whew

Probably the most hateful thing I have ever seen on that forum.

benjipwns

« Reply #30525 on: July 14, 2019, 01:03:19 PM »
That said, if the Founders hadn't kicked off their little secession party back then, you'd probably still be an independent nation these days. Just like Canada. Heck, you'd probably have Canada's political system instead of the dysfunctional clusterfuck the Founders came up with.
:notlikethis :rage :rkelly :jeanluc :trigger :stop :donot :brazilcry :pacspit

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #30526 on: July 14, 2019, 01:05:58 PM »
My 100 miles rule works the opposite,. and it's called "Restraining Order".

BisMarckie

« Reply #30527 on: July 14, 2019, 01:06:24 PM »
:rodney

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #30528 on: July 14, 2019, 01:08:06 PM »
Quote from: NeoGAF ban message from another poster
Pathetic. Left, right, or center, we don't advocate violence here. Grow up.

Would smash. With a shovel.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/megan-rapinoe-poses-for-sports-illustrated.1492612/post-254857312
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 01:12:22 PM by railGUN »
Fish<

jorma

« Reply #30529 on: July 14, 2019, 01:12:03 PM »
Quote from: RedMercury, post: 22747308, member: 36769

I cannot converse in good faith with you if you continually extrapolate to the most uncharitable interpretation of my posts.

:dead

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

paprikastaude

« Reply #30531 on: July 14, 2019, 01:18:10 PM »
What even is the meaning of good/bad faith arguing - like theoretically? Other than what it implies, i.e. "I hate your opinion, you're a nazi and I'm trying to look calm and smart with this throwaway phrase".

benjipwns

« Reply #30532 on: July 14, 2019, 01:18:24 PM »
https://twitter.com/BriannaWu/status/1150058134330892288

content warning: severe burn ward
[close]

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #30533 on: July 14, 2019, 01:19:17 PM »
You do realize that jews were/are persecuted for their religion and not their whiteness, right?

What the fuck. What has this guy been learning in school? What does he think nazis believe in?

paprikastaude

« Reply #30534 on: July 14, 2019, 01:21:44 PM »

What the fuck. What has this guy been learning in school? What does he think nazis believe in?

That Disney is bad and the new Ghostbusters isn't funny and Monster Hunter ladies should wear exposing armor.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30536 on: July 14, 2019, 01:27:53 PM »
What even is the meaning of good/bad faith arguing - like theoretically? Other than what it implies, i.e. "I hate your opinion, you're a nazi and I'm trying to look calm and smart with this throwaway phrase".

If it's bad faith then you can play the 'I won't even dignify that with a response' card, as opposed to the more troublesome 'I fucking hate that argument that you have but it is beyond my capabilities to refute it'

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #30537 on: July 14, 2019, 01:32:59 PM »
https://twitter.com/ReeraTakes/status/1148763352526725120

:lol the way he spams her with apologies. Her short responses come off as "I don't really want to talk to you"

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30538 on: July 14, 2019, 01:34:23 PM »
uggggggggggh
ὕβρις

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #30539 on: July 14, 2019, 01:36:54 PM »
There's no class issue when you make capitalist conglomerates like Disney the "progressive" heroes you bend over for.