Author Topic: Should I buy The Club?  (Read 851 times)

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
Should I buy The Club?
« on: March 16, 2019, 08:35:37 AM »
I woke up this morning and the first thing that came into my mind was Bizarre's The Club (seriously). I've never played it before, nor really thought about it before.

Is this a sign I should buy it? It's on sale right now on steam for £1.49. Proof that there is a God? Or just an example of what happens to people when it's 2019 and there is still no PGR HD collection?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Should I buy The Club?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 08:36:47 AM »
Oh really? Shit yeah dude. That game was fun

If it's on sale imma buy it too man! Add me so we can compete on that leaderboard  8)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PURCHASE!
An email confirmation has been sent to you.

Any digital items in this order are now registered to your account on Steam. To access your items, simply visit your library in Steam whenever you're ready.
What

who is ted danson?

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 12:19:11 PM »
Oh really? Shit yeah dude. That game was fun

If it's on sale imma buy it too man! Add me so we can compete on that leaderboard  8)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PURCHASE!
An email confirmation has been sent to you.

Any digital items in this order are now registered to your account on Steam. To access your items, simply visit your library in Steam whenever you're ready.

done. (jono51)

i played some this afternoon and its pretty fun. there is fucking around with GFWL required though https://steamcommunity.com/app/10460/discussions/0/1489992080521007776/

oh and my XBL for leaderboards is disaster451. getting them sweet sweet achievements after years away  :lol
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 12:27:05 PM by who is ted danson? »
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 12:23:26 PM »
Man I was at some games show like over a decade ago and there was this behind the doors presentation of The Club.

It was weird because this was a consumer level show in the Netherlands but I think one of the devs or uk pr people was there.

I vividly remember thinking wow this is so much effort for a cool game that is going to bomb hard. The concept is so old school and good but it wasnt the right time.

As a 20 euro download only title sega would have had a hit imho, but different times etc.

I still have to play this one day.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 06:20:36 PM »
Club is good

who is ted danson?

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 10:24:44 AM »
I've played through most of the tournaments now, and the game is fun and I like the overall vibe of it. I do think some more over the top blood/gore/physics would have made it feel a bit cooler. The PC port is definitely a bit poor (menus still have x360 logos, mouse aiming sens just can't be dialled down low enough for me). Aside from that though I like it. It does have the cliche grey-brown HD color palette, and feels a bit like something that was concepted for PS2/Xbox gen then got shelved for later.

Playing this also makes me want to replay Wet (tfw it isnt on PC tho  :'()

Man I was at some games show like over a decade ago and there was this behind the doors presentation of The Club.

It was weird because this was a consumer level show in the Netherlands but I think one of the devs or uk pr people was there.

I vividly remember thinking wow this is so much effort for a cool game that is going to bomb hard. The concept is so old school and good but it wasnt the right time.

As a 20 euro download only title sega would have had a hit imho, but different times etc.

I still have to play this one day.

Yeah I can agree with this. Its more of an arcade drop in drop out type of game so a cheaper entry probably would have suited it better.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀