Author Topic: Anyone get/getting Outward?  (Read 1219 times)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Anyone get/getting Outward?
« on: March 27, 2019, 10:30:28 AM »

I'll likely buy it in 2 weeks or so, finishing something else rn

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Anyone get/getting Outward?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 02:52:09 PM »
I have 2019 games that look like 2019 games, I don't have time for games that look like they came from 2001

:doge
What

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 03:47:47 PM »
Looks like eurojank monster hunter

Could be cool

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 04:47:27 PM »
co-op has me interested. Looking forward to impressions.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 04:47:36 PM »
Kinda interested, but not at full price.
dog

Freyj

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 05:01:24 PM »
Couldn't find enough info really, but watched a few Twitch streams and bought it from Gamesplanet for $35. Will report back.

Freyj

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 12:01:33 PM »
Couldn't find enough info really, but watched a few Twitch streams and bought it from Gamesplanet for $35. Will report back.

It’s Dragon’s Dogma x Jank Dark Souls x Gothic x Morrowind x Pick-Your-Favorite-Survival-Game x Jank.

It took me a few hours to acclimate to the light mechanics (caves and night are DARK, you need a lamp or torch to progress), the boundaries (you waltz into a bandit camp right out of the gate and you will be imprisoned within a minute or two) and the backpack roll mechanic (you need to drop your backpack to not have fat roll, it’s weird but you get used to it). The game doesn’t go out of its way to tell you what you should be doing but that’s a benefit IMO. It’s fairly non linear even by janky wrpg standards. If Gothic x Dark Souls sounds intriguing to you you’ll likely acclimate and have a good time but expect the polish to be much closer to the Gothic side of that equation than the Dark Souls side.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 04:15:36 PM »
(caves and night are DARK, you need a lamp or torch to progress)
:itagaki

Freyj

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 07:23:59 PM »
Highly suggest this guy’s videos:

Would’ve helped me get over the first hour or two.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 06:39:39 PM »
Love the concept and impressions are pretty great, backlog is stacked but I will get to this.
◕‿◕

Freyj

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 12:33:48 PM »
About 15 hours in now: game really does grow on you as it opens up and you start to get non-shit gear and explore to the other zones / cities. Love the sense of danger no matter your gear / skills.

The only true downside is there is no fast travel of any kind by design. No teleports, no hearthstones, no ships, no Morrowind style rides on the backs of Cthulhu monsters, nothing. Wanna go somewhere? You’re hoofing it. There are some + movement speed % gear and buffs you can grind and they do help but man even Morrowind had a lore friendly traveling system.

Picked my faction (desert people) and just now really starting into any of the post intro story content.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2019, 08:19:51 PM »
About 15 hours in now: game really does grow on you as it opens up and you start to get non-shit gear and explore to the other zones / cities. Love the sense of danger no matter your gear / skills.

The only true downside is there is no fast travel of any kind by design. No teleports, no hearthstones, no ships, no Morrowind style rides on the backs of Cthulhu monsters, nothing. Wanna go somewhere? You’re hoofing it. There are some + movement speed % gear and buffs you can grind and they do help but man even Morrowind had a lore friendly traveling system.

Picked my faction (desert people) and just now really starting into any of the post intro story content.

whoa, that's er, a very strong philosophical decision. without having played the game it sounds pretty nonsensical, isn't most of the world just wide open plains with a mob every now and again? i figured there would be something like a pay to travel with caravan option  :lol
◕‿◕

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2019, 09:24:58 PM »
Even accurate historical simulator Kingdom Come: Deliverance had some fast-travel options!
dog

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2019, 04:08:05 AM »
Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people :rejoice