Author Topic: Ant-Man will defeat Thanos by crawling up the Mad Titan’s butt and expanding  (Read 9947 times)

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Yea, butt.

You know it's going to be some corny-ass, Disney bullshit where all the heroes band together in a symbol of unity.

I loved Guardians of the Galaxy, but it had that same kind of hokey ending.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
I’d prefer they turn sandman into an ally and do it marvel zombies style.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks, I hate it.
dog

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
Yea, butt.

You know it's going to be some corny-ass, Disney bullshit where all the heroes band together in a symbol of unity.

I loved Guardians of the Galaxy, but it had that same kind of hokey ending.

Doubt it'll be that simple, Infinity War was one of the best plotted out movies I've ever seen (no hyperbole).
___

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

agrajag

nah, he should crawl in Thanos' dick hole

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️

Thanks, I hate it.

But look at sand pregnant spidey tho

Mandark

• Icon

That's a sound plan.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
We’ve already discussed Thanos’s clenching powers, I think this would be a no go
WDW

Himu

please end this comic book movie shit show. I haven't even seen Infinity War. Literally who gives a shit.
IYKYK

agrajag

Infinity Wars was one of the better ones, from a sheer spectacle standpoint.

Himu

It's great that the Marvel Comics movies have learned and transitioned so much from the comic page to the silver screen.

Things like years and years and years without a finale. It's just an endless bukkake parade of excess. Much like how Batman and Spider-Man are 50+ year old creations without a planned ending in sight that keeps going on and on and on and on and on and on yet Marvel and DC, for some reason, expects you to keep buying them.

It's also great that they've managed to transition the HORRENDOUS Marvel Comic consumption habits on the movies. Just like with the comics you have to watch/read that OTHER movie to understand what's going on THIS one even if it's a totally different hero's flick. Editors Note: #Please refer to Bad Comic Movie 3.  Readers/Watchers Note: This is why I stopped reading Marvel and I no longer watch Marvel movies.

Eventually watchers will catch on to the giant sham it is. Which will hopefully be any year now. Here's hoping the next Hollywood fad is actually good.
IYKYK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

That's a sound plan.

Is this a sounding joke? 

Mandark

• Icon
Yup!

edit: at the point where I thought this would get overlooked like my breast milk/letdown pun, I should've known Arvie would come through. Bless up.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 08:10:10 PM by Mandark »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Eventually watchers will catch on to the giant sham it is.

Iron Man 1 came out 11 years ago, but these movies are making more money now than they ever have. Maybe after End Game shakes things up and they start rolling out the new heroes it starts a downward trend, but I wouldn't bet on it.
dog

Mandark

• Icon
Right now this thread should just be everyone posting applause gifs to celebrate my sounding pun.

Himu

Iron Man 1 came out 11 years ago, but these movies are making more money now than they ever have. Maybe after End Game shakes things up and they start rolling out the new heroes it starts a downward trend, but I wouldn't bet on it.

New heroes?

IYKYK

Himu

Right now this thread should just be everyone posting applause gifs to celebrate my sounding pun.

It was pretty good.
IYKYK

Dickie Dee

That's a sound plan.

I'm saying it out loud but still not getting it  :doge
___

Dickie Dee

___

Rahxephon91

The only my thing more annoying then nerds gushing about Marvel movies is other nerds gushing about how they are above the other nerds and how these movies suck and are annoying.

Oh boy you discovered the secret that Super hero comics are never ending. Wow how amazing that your are above the trap that has befallen so many comic book readers.

Himu

The only my thing more annoying then nerds gushing about Marvel movies is other nerds gushing about how they are above the other nerds and how these movies suck and are annoying.

Oh boy you discovered the secret that Super hero comics are never ending. Wow how amazing that your are above the trap that has befallen so many comic book readers.

I like them. In gulps. I love Black Panther for instance but okay. They've released over 40 super hero movies this decade. What do you expect? Unless you're a hardcore Marvel fan this shouldn't be considered a controversial opinion. Never mind that it's obvious from my posts that I'm a comic book fan that has the same exact complaint with actual comic books.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 09:47:45 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

agrajag

the sounding joke was a litmus test for the depraved perverts on the board. Thanks for revealing yourselves so us innocent, law abiding Bire denizens can stay away from you.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Lvl. 1000 Mafia Thanos

Himu

the sounding joke was a litmus test for the depraved perverts on the board. Thanks for revealing yourselves so us innocent, law abiding Bire denizens can stay away from you.

I mean, I heard of it but it's pretty disgusting.
IYKYK

Dickie Dee

I just new it by it's official name https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cystoscopy which I had once.

HARD PASS
___

agrajag

now that I think about it, I read about inserting things in there in Chuck Palahniuk's Guts, but I didn't know it was called sounding.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
is Thanos sober curious? i need a Voxsplainer

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

TBH, it wasn't that a'sounding

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

New heroes?

A lot of the heroes from the first few movies [Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, ect.] are running out of movies on their contracts, which means either new contracts [which will cost a lot of money] or replacing them with new heroes or have new people take up the mantle of the previous hero. That's already started in with Captain Marvel, Spiderman, and Black Panther being major players, and the trend is likely to continue. Most people see End Game as a natural dividing line between the older cast and the newer cast [some of the heroes die or retire, other heroes step in to fill their places].
dog

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Who wore it better Bore?

Himu

New heroes?

A lot of the heroes from the first few movies [Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, ect.] are running out of movies on their contracts, which means either new contracts [which will cost a lot of money] or replacing them with new heroes or have new people take up the mantle of the previous hero. That's already started in with Captain Marvel, Spiderman, and Black Panther being major players, and the trend is likely to continue. Most people see End Game as a natural dividing line between the older cast and the newer cast [some of the heroes die or retire, other heroes step in to fill their places].

So like what happened in actual comic books. :beli How long do they plan to keep going?
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
So like what happened in actual comic books. :beli How long do they plan to keep going?

Marvel has 10 movies currently in development for release after Endgame and through 2022.
dog

Himu

As long as they continue to be profitable?

That's obvious, but why fuck something to death? You're supposed to cradle her and fuck her slowly dammit. Have some foreplay. Jesus.

Marvel has 10 movies currently in development for release after Endgame and through 2022.

10 movies in like 3 years?

Just let it die.

Remember when you'd go to a non-superhero movie with regular folks? Please choke yourself on your own rope, Marvel Studios.
IYKYK

benjipwns

Cindi, Warner Bros. has a film coming out starring Joaquin Phoenix as The Joker. Also Jared Leto is still playing The Joker in the Harley Quinn associated canon films. :doge

When Disney gets around to incorporating the X-Men they're dumping everything Fox has done. Not to mention they'll have everything that was tied up with the Fantastic Four license to play with. They've got gobs of identifiable characters to use for the next decade.

Himu

Cindi, Warner Bros. has a film coming out starring Joaquin Phoenix as The Joker. Also Jared Leto is still playing The Joker in the Harley Quinn associated canon films. :doge

When Disney gets around to incorporating the X-Men they're dumping everything Fox has done. Not to mention they'll have everything that was tied up with the Fantastic Four license to play with. They've got gobs of identifiable characters to use for the next decade.

I figure as much. Here's hoping the X-Men movies are actually good. The Fox stuff mostly ranged from trash to okay. First Class was easily my favorite.
IYKYK

agrajag

out of curiosity Cindi, do you want Marvel to also stop producing new comic books?

benjipwns

That's already been the pace of their scheduling since Age of Ultron:
2008: Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk
2010: Iron Man 2
2011: Thor, Captain America
2012: The Avengers
2013: Iron Man 3, Thor 2: The Dark World
2014: Captain America: Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy
2015: Avengers: Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange
2017: Guardians 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnorok
2018: Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, Ant Man and the Wasp
2019: Captain Marvel, Avengers: Endgame, Spider-Man: Far From Home

Himu

out of curiosity Cindi, do you want Marvel to also stop producing new comic books?

If I were Marvel and DC, this is what I would do:

- I would force all writes to make a long term plan for a finale for all current books.
- End the shit. Make it conclusive.
- No X-Men, Spider-Man, whatever the fuck ever man. Not all at once of course because that'd fuck your business ala DC 52.
- Create new books to create new stories and heroes with a specific beginning to end long-term plan in terms of plot. Beginning, middle, end. Kaput. No stupid extra books either. No goddamn Amazing Spider-Man, Spectacular Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, all these multiple books starring one character or group. Fuck that shit. One book, one story. Stop being hacks.
- Then, when those books are done with their stories, slowly bring back the old classics after maybe a decade worth of books. Spider-man, X-men, what the fuck ever man. This is now your event. A once in a generation event where each generation gets to put their own spin on the classic heroes with the best of the best on the most popular and iconic books.
- Make these new stories of classic heroes have writers that stay on. Have them make a conclusive plot from beginning to middle to end. There must be an arc.
- End those stories.
- Repeat.

As it is now, why keep reading? Spider-Man is a 50 year old story that keeps going and going and going and going. I love me some Spidey, I love me some X-Men, but it's fucking stupid. Why should I keep reading? Why should I keep buying? This shit can cost upward of 4 bucks a book now. Stories end. Stories have conclusions. End the fucking shit and kill the goddamn bitch.

Also, if I were to throw a swerve into the American comic book market, I'd personally find likewise thinkers who think the current situation of American comics is dogshit, repetitive, and asinine business model. I'd rip off the Japanese model and team up with Kodansha or Jump to make an American version, except monthly. One massive tome of comics a month. In color. With conclusive stories. Beginning, middle, end. Sell in grocery stores next to the magazines next to the gum at the cashier checkout. Then I'd watch the American model slowly fuck itself to death (hopefully).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 11:20:04 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

That's already been the pace of their scheduling since Age of Ultron:
2008: Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk
2010: Iron Man 2
2011: Thor, Captain America
2012: The Avengers
2013: Iron Man 3, Thor 2: The Dark World
2014: Captain America: Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy
2015: Avengers: Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange
2017: Guardians 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnorok
2018: Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, Ant Man and the Wasp
2019: Captain Marvel, Avengers: Endgame, Spider-Man: Far From Home

Exactly. The ramp up has been ridiculous.
IYKYK

benjipwns

Disney's pace isn't as bad as it could be, before BvS sorta bombed and they saw Snyder's Cut of Justice League, Warners originally planned to put out at least three, and usually four DC films a year into 2022

they've since cut back to two per year, but are almost certainly going to jump back up to three after Aquaman's performance if Shazam does well, they already plan three in 2021 and they've got a great big gap in the schedule between June 2020 and June 2021 to move something into, it's there because they shoved Green Lantern Corps way back, restarted The Flash after Aquaman was led to billions by Pitbull, all but officially cancelled a Justice League 2 for probably at least five plus years and since Geoff Johns is no longer involved nobody on the planet wants to see a Cyborg film

Himu

Last comic book movies I saw:

- Black Panther
- Ant Man 2
- Uhhhhhhh I'm drawing a blank
- I saw Civil War like a year or so after it came out

Those are the recent ones.
IYKYK

Himu

- I would force all writes to make a long term plan for a finale for all current books.
- No X-Men, Spider-Man, whatever the fuck ever man. Not all at once of course because that'd fuck your business ala DC 52.
- Create new books to create new stories and heroes with a specific beginning to end long-term plan in terms of plot. Beginning, middle, end. Kaput. No stupid extra books either. No goddamn Amazing Spider-Man, Spectacular Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, all these multiple books starring one character or group. Fuck that shit. One book, one story. Stop being hacks.
- Then, when those books are done with their stories, slowly bring back the old classics after maybe a decade worth of books. Spider-man, X-men, what the fuck ever man. This is now your event. A once in a generation event where each generation gets to put their own spin on the classic heroes.
- Make these new stories of classic heroes have writers that stay on. Have them make a conclusive plot from beginning to middle to end. There must be an arc.
- End those stories.
- Repeat.

As it is now, why keep reading? Spider-Man is a 50 year old story that keeps going and going and going and going. I love me some Spidey, I love me some X-Men, but it's fucking stupid. Why should I keep reading? Why should I keep buying? This shit can cost upward of 4 bucks a book now. Stories end. Stories have conclusions. End the fucking shit and kill the goddamn bitch.

Also, if I were to throw a swerve into the American comic book market, I'd personally find likewise thinkers who think the current situation of American comics is dogshit, repetitive, and asinine business model. I'd rip off the Japanese model and team up with Kodansha or Jump to make an American version, except monthly. One massive tome of comics a month. In color. With conclusive stories. Beginning, middle, end. Sell in grocery stores next to the magazines next to the gum at the cashier checkout. Then I'd watch the American model slowly fuck itself to death (hopefully).

Essentially, Alan Moore and DC showed the path for the future of comics in the 80's. LXG, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, these have definitive endings. They're self contained, tell good stories. Moore showed the entire industry the light and instead of copying and applying it to all comics they mostly decided to just walk through a path of thorns instead and the entire industry has suffered and become more niche because of it. End the shit. Fuck it.
IYKYK

benjipwns

- Then, when those books are done with their stories, slowly bring back the old classics after maybe a decade worth of books. Spider-man, X-men, what the fuck ever man. This is now your event. A once in a generation event where each generation gets to put their own spin on the classic heroes.
- End those stories.
- Repeat.

All that exists on their other imprints. The main stuff keeps the same popular characters because they continue to be popular.

As is, most writers terms on a book do form a story arc, then the next writer comes along and produces his own. DC's certainly promoted this "a book is its author" concept for a while now. We had Grant Morrison do a huge Batman run, then Scott Snyder picked it up for New 52 that eventually was brought to a head in Metal, while Tom King took over for his run that continues to be its own unique thing. While Detective Comics has been a place for an entire different type of Batman Family story since Rebirth. Geoff Johns did his Justice League run as a complete epic, much like Morrison had done a decade earlier.

Marvel's editorial is a mess in comparison but they still have a similar situation with writers runs being a "take" on the character until the writer leaves. Marvel's done more than DC with their own imprints that are separate with the same characters like Unlimited was. DC has the poorly planned Earth One only really.

But the other imprints, Vertigo especially for DC has long been what you're demanding. Other companies like Image or Dark Horse offer tons of books that are nothing but this. Kill or Be Killed. Harrow County. Two recent ones that ended. Earlier highly praised stuff like Fables, DMZ, 100 Bullets, etc. all came with endings to their runs. Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead has no intentional ending because it's supposed to jump around characters in the same world, yet his other work, Invincible was a mega series with a whole arc that came to a conclusion. One of my favorites, East of West, is a series with an ending, it's just not the writer or the artists primary book so despite it ultimately being less than 50 issues, it's just taking twice as long as a mainstream book to come out. Saga supposedly has an ending that will come but they write it and release it in "seasons" now so the schedule is off compared to mainstream books.

Himu

- End those stories.
- Repeat.

All that exists on their other imprints. The main stuff keeps the same popular characters because they continue to be popular.

As is, most writers terms on a book do form a story arc, then the next writer comes along and produces his own. DC's certainly promoted this "a book is its author" concept for a while now. We had Grant Morrison do a huge Batman run, then Scott Snyder picked it up for New 52 that eventually was brought to a head in Metal, while Tom King took over for his run that continues to be its own unique thing. While Detective Comics has been a place for an entire different type of Batman Family story since Rebirth. Geoff Johns did his Justice League run as a complete epic, much like Morrison had done a decade earlier.

Marvel's editorial is a mess in comparison but they still have a similar situation with writers runs being a "take" on the character until the writer leaves. Marvel's done more than DC with their own imprints that are separate with the same characters like Unlimited was. DC has the poorly planned Earth One only really.

But the other imprints, Vertigo especially for DC has long been what you're demanding. Other companies like Image or Dark Horse offer tons of books that are nothing but this. Kill or Be Killed. Harrow County. Two recent ones that ended. Earlier highly praised stuff like Fables, DMZ, 100 Bullets, etc. all came with endings to their runs. Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead has no intentional ending because it's supposed to jump around characters in the same world, yet his other work, Invincible was a mega series with a whole arc that came to a conclusion. One of my favorites, East of West, is a series with an ending, it's just not the writer or the artists primary book so despite it ultimately being less than 50 issues, it's just taking twice as long as a mainstream book to come out. Saga supposedly has an ending that will come but they write it and release it in "seasons" now so the schedule is off compared to mainstream books.

I already full well know that different authors jump on board and have their own eras. I don't really care. The story keeps going. End it. Close the casket. Also I specifically said Marvel and DC. I know full well that others make self contained stories and that's why I read them. DC is better about this than Marvel of course. But this says nothing about books like Spider-Man, Batman, X-Men or whatever. Those just keep going like a perpetual soap opera. But here's the thing about soap operas - characters leave, actors move on. Telenovelas end. End Spider-Man. End his story. He deserves it.

FWIW I have the same issue with shit like The Simpsons. 30 years of the goddamn shit. Just fucking end it already. This "we should keep going because it's profitable until its entire legacy is in ashes" is fucking stupid creatively as well as fiscally.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 11:27:37 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

benjipwns

But DC does do it and has for 25+ years under the Vertigo imprint.

Alan Moore also wrote 40 issues over three years on Swamp Thing as the regular writer. His America's Best stuff doesn't technically all have endings, he just loses interest in them. That was the situation with The League of Extraordinary Gentleman, he just never came back to it.

It was also Swamp Thing, not Watchmen, which led to the launch of the Vertigo imprint.

Grant Morrison almost always writes everything he does as finite. Be it on a limited series like All-Star Superman, Seven Soldiers, Final Crisis, 52, The Invisibles, etc. or him taking over a series and not caring what he's leaving for the next writer as he did with Action Comics, Batman, Animal Man, Doom Patrol, JLA, X-Men. Or perhaps most infamously The Authority and Wildcats which he bailed out on after two issues and one issue respectively, and left the series as so nonredeemable it led to the entire imprint bringing about the apocalypse and everyone writing the various series, most notably The Authority, in the new post-apocalyptic wake. :lol

Himu

I said above that DC is better about this than Marvel. But the main topic is Marvel and they are the main target of my ire.
IYKYK

Himu

Also, again. I told you I know about writers doing their own thing. I know about The Dark Knight Returns, All Star Superman, Sin City. I've read them. I own them. I cherish them. But that doesn't stop Superman comics from still going on and and on and on. End it. It gets to a point where it exists purely just to make money and it is now creatively defunct.
IYKYK

benjipwns

But this says nothing about books like Spider-Man or X-Men or whatever. Those just keep going like a perpetual soap opera. But here's the thing about soap operas - characters leave, actors move on. Telenovelas end. End Spider-Man. End his story. He deserves it.
There's still people who want Spider-Man and X-Men stories.

You can pick any part as a good "ending" and have it be yours. I think Scrubs season six should have stayed the ending. It didn't, the show was briefly renewed and then rebooted on an other network. Oh well. I prefer it as the ending point it was written as. Plus it gave us Cougar Town in the end. Despite liking parts that came after, I think the preferred ending of The Office was when Michael leaves. It wasn't, it dragged on for years. And those are shows that had actual character arcs. The Simpsons doesn't. Or Family Guy. They're mediums that change with the authors. The funny books do that and have arcs, no need to end them when people want more.  :yeshrug

benjipwns

But that doesn't stop Superman comics from still going on and and on and on. End it. It gets to a point where it exists purely just to make money and it is now creatively defunct.
It's always existed at its core to make money. I think it was "creatively defunct" when they fucking killed the guy, created phony alternates and then brought him back in under a year mostly to reap profits off the speculator market. Geoff Johns' run over a decade later with the Legion of Super Heroes and New Krypton was better than nearly everything that been done before with the character.

And talk about creatively defunct and purely to make money when it comes to Marvel, the fucking Clone Saga and everything that was happening at the same time in X-Men during the late 1990s.

Age of Apocalypse and No Man's Land are some of the only story arcs from that era that have stood the test of time. KnightsFall/KnightsQuest/KnightsEnd are a hilarious anachronistic mess.

Himu

But this says nothing about books like Spider-Man or X-Men or whatever. Those just keep going like a perpetual soap opera. But here's the thing about soap operas - characters leave, actors move on. Telenovelas end. End Spider-Man. End his story. He deserves it.
There's still people who want Spider-Man and X-Men stories.

You can pick any part as a good "ending" and have it be yours. I think Scrubs season six should have stayed the ending. It didn't, the show was briefly renewed and then rebooted on an other network. Oh well. I prefer it as the ending point it was written as. Plus it gave us Cougar Town in the end. Despite liking parts that came after, I think the preferred ending of The Office was when Michael leaves. It wasn't, it dragged on for years. And those are shows that had actual character arcs. The Simpsons doesn't. Or Family Guy. They're mediums that change with the authors. The funny books do that and have arcs, no need to end them when people want more.  :yeshrug

I just have like to have a conclusion. I can't think of any one good "ending" to Spider-Man and it pisses me off that I will never get an ending because these other Spidey sluts just like reading Spider-Man no matter what as people make it up as it goes along. I just really like conclusion. I like seeing the end of the journey for the characters that I love. Instead it'll keep going on repeat. This is why, ultimately, Seinfeld is better than The Simpsons to me even though I actually like Simpsons 1-10 more. I just like an ending.

Yeah Death of Superman was fucking stupid and money grabby.
IYKYK

Himu

Tha gawd

Oh wait, time for Marvel Studios/Disney to make another teenage Spider-Man. Can't wait.

IYKYK

benjipwns

Well, I mean what ending can there really be other than Spidey gets old, retires and then dies. Either that or he dies in battle some way. Remember the Animated Series wacky ending where he shows up in the real world. :lol

To bring it back to Endgame, there's some characters who are dying or moving on, they're getting an ending. But the MCU "world" still exists with the newer characters. Now sure, in the case of the movies it has a lot to do with the actors and behind the scenes but they're actually writing an ending for this "arc" and main set of characters. It'll probably be some time before we see Thanos, Iron Man and Captain America at the least in Marvel's films. (I'd include Thor but I think Chris Hemsworth has said he has one more to do. Hulk is CGI so...) Other than maybe tiny cameos like Nick Fury has done for most of this whole set of films.

Himu

FWIW Benji I have this complaint about a lot of Japanese video games. Games like Ace Attorney and Yakuza just keep shelling shit out with no definite plan to the characters. Oh, they finally ended Kiryu’s story but it took them over 10 years and 7 games. I respect and prefer grander vision. Ace Attorney games are just running on fumes these days. Just end the shit. End it definitively. Never make another one. Games that aren’t as story-focused like Mario or Zelda I don’t mind. I just can’t stand milking a character repeatedly with few exceptions (LUPIN :hyper).

I’m probably coming at this as someone who writes plans for my own stories. Stories without any plan for conclusion piss me off when I’m planning my own story and it impacts the products I like to consume as well.
IYKYK

Himu

Well, I mean what ending can there really be other than Spidey gets old, retires and then dies. Either that or he dies in battle some way. Remember the Animated Series wacky ending where he shows up in the real world. :lol

To bring it back to Endgame, there's some characters who are dying or moving on, they're getting an ending. But the MCU "world" still exists with the newer characters. Now sure, in the case of the movies it has a lot to do with the actors and behind the scenes but they're actually writing an ending for this "arc" and main set of characters. It'll probably be some time before we see Thanos, Iron Man and Captain America at the least in Marvel's films. (I'd include Thor but I think Chris Hemsworth has said he has one more to do. Hulk is CGI so...) Other than maybe tiny cameos like Nick Fury has done for most of this whole set of films.

So it’s like game of thrones/asoiaf where the live action will actually complete the story. I’ll admit that if the Spideu movies eventually make Peter an adult, marry Mary Jane, and have a conclusive story I’ll be all for it.
IYKYK

benjipwns

I do wish DC had handled Earth One better...or really any of the Earths Morrison has sketched out for them. The Multiversity was supposed to create all these alternate Earths that then other writers could come along and produce a series in. Like happened with Earth 2.

I wouldn't at all hate say a Batman series set on Earth-39 or whatever, that's only intended to run for 24 or 50 issues or something. The old Legends of the Dark Knight and Batman Confidential and one other I can't remember the name of, series were like mini versions of this. Each arc was self-contained and didn't have to rely on any parts of canon it didn't want to. Originally they were designed to be set "early" in Batmans career which was a hook I liked where he was less perfect, but it gradually expanded into just any interpretation of Batman or the villains. Then after the arc was over, a new one totally unattached to what came before. (Though sometimes the writer came back to do a sequel arc.)

As good as the Unlimited/Ultimate seemed at times it was kinda silly to just have two ongoing versions of the character/team/etc., and eventually in multiple versions of the books. Would rather have a best of both worlds with many finite sets of series and then the Earth Prime that never ends for twelve more years when the Earth dies from climate chaos.

DC did a comic adaption for Injustice that diverged totally from the video games and has turned into an ongoing, it was supposed to be like a series set before the game that would end where the game starts, but eventually just went past that and kept going while waiting on Injustice 2, which totally ignored the comic, so there's like now two Injustice universes or something. :lol

kingv

I think the injustice comics actually did end at the beginning of injustice 2... it just didn’t end until after injustice 2 actually launched.

Edit: there were a number of characters that died in the comics but were replaced by “alternate reality” versions, presumably because they were actually in the game.

The injustice comics were good. I enjoyed all 5 years of it or whatever.

benjipwns

ya Injustice is pretty good, although the whole HERE'S SOMEONE EVEN MORE POWERFUL BATMAN HAS DUG UP is a bit annoying