Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII achievements  (Read 1615 times)

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Final Fantasy VII achievements
« on: March 29, 2019, 11:53:08 PM »
https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Final-Fantasy-VII/achievements

Involves doing pretty much everything in the game.not sure if I can bring myself to do it all again  :'(

Does the game even hold up?

Himu

Re: Final Fantasy VII achievements
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 11:57:45 PM »
It’s still pretty good.
IYKYK

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 12:01:04 AM »
Oh god this thread alone is making me want to play it again
:9

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 12:04:30 AM »
yeah it was favourite game ever for a good many years. Gonna be hell of a nostalgia trip.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 12:12:45 AM »
In my advanced age the melancholy in this game is something else. Discerning the nuance from the drama.
:9

Himu

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 12:16:36 AM »
Great thing about VII is that it does so many things so many games don’t tackle before or since. Eco terrorism. You actually kill nnocent people in VII. It has flaws but it’s extremely refreshing and potent even twenty years later. The LEGO graphics have also given it a certain charm. It more than holds up. Try to beat Mostar Zolom first time you encounter it for a nice challenge. :)
IYKYK

paprikastaude

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 06:03:10 AM »
translation is the only thing holding back nowadays.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 09:41:32 AM »

:rejoice
dog

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 10:53:32 AM »
achievements are straight forward, but the port is junk. pass
fat

Himu

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 10:58:42 AM »
translation is the only thing holding back nowadays.

VII never getting a retranslation is why people stop believing in God.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 11:23:34 AM »
Just wait for the remake, lul
©@©™

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 05:33:12 PM »
Still incredible, and the only ff I've ever fully replayed. Look forward to finally getting the ffxii zodiac edition on switch, and I'd be down to try ffix again (I got up to the final tree place and never finished it when I first played). The somewhat ham fisted allegory is still pretty touching, better than most of Miyazakis eco warrior movies. Imo everything just works. Still feels more relevant in a very basic way (eco terrorists tryna make a difference, looming capitalist threat (dat plate  :'()) , and remains my favourite ff story. Such a pristine artifact of the 90s.

Pretty gutting they dumped the original high res pre rendered backgrounds. Game would be so beautiful with those.
◕‿◕

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2019, 06:34:30 AM »
I havent played it since the first time, will prob try at least. Still my fav FF and one of my best all time game experiences.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2019, 06:35:41 AM »
Still incredible, and the only ff I've ever fully replayed. Look forward to finally getting the ffxii zodiac edition on switch, and I'd be down to try ffix again (I got up to the final tree place and never finished it when I first played). The somewhat ham fisted allegory is still pretty touching, better than most of Miyazakis eco warrior movies. Imo everything just works. Still feels more relevant in a very basic way (eco terrorists tryna make a difference, looming capitalist threat (dat plate  :'()) , and remains my favourite ff story. Such a pristine artifact of the 90s.

Pretty gutting they dumped the original high res pre rendered backgrounds. Game would be so beautiful with those.

There is a pc mod that makes the backgrounds better, dunno why square didnt try that.

bluemax

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2019, 11:52:48 PM »
The Eco Warrior portion of the story ends around the time you get to Nibelheim, then the game is just Cloud trying to get his head straight/kill Sephiroth. It's like FFXII, starts with a cool premise and then tosses that premise out the window halfway through the game for a more traditional one.
NO

Himu

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2019, 12:10:59 AM »
The Eco Warrior portion of the story ends around the time you get to Nibelheim, then the game is just Cloud trying to get his head straight/kill Sephiroth. It's like FFXII, starts with a cool premise and then tosses that premise out the window halfway through the game for a more traditional one.

This is a big complaint I have. Also Shinra are better villains than Sephiroth and shine any time they’re involved.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2019, 03:37:46 AM »
Agree 100%.

Midgar FF7 is best FF7.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2019, 04:40:42 AM »
i don't get it, is this new on consoles or something? steam version has had achievements for years: https://steamcommunity.com/stats/FINALFANTASYVII/achievements

all the old Square RPGs on there have them now, even the ones that are just shitty emulation or whatever like Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy I

iirc one of them has an achievement for naming your character

benjipwns

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2019, 04:45:32 AM »
also they should have been epic jerks and named one of the hidden achievements "Saved Aeris" so everybody lost their shit

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2019, 05:03:58 AM »
Why not just use a phoenix down.

benjipwns

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2019, 05:47:06 AM »
that could be the hidden trigger :lol

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2019, 11:10:59 AM »
just buy a vita, you can have the real portable experience without terrible "HD" grafx and shitty audio bugs.

vita vita vita vita vita vita
vita
fat

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2019, 11:37:48 AM »
it means life
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2019, 12:34:21 PM »
Agree 100%.

Midgar FF7 is best FF7.

Disagree. Rocket town, nibelheim, anything with the Turks, the execution, the attack on midgar. Shinra gets lots of shine FF7 and FF7 would be far better if Sephiroth just died in the flashback.

I mean I agree Midgar is the best but Shinra just shine ANY time they’re involved.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 12:45:01 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2019, 12:35:33 PM »
i don't get it, is this new on consoles or something? steam version has had achievements for years: https://steamcommunity.com/stats/FINALFANTASYVII/achievements

all the old Square RPGs on there have them now, even the ones that are just shitty emulation or whatever like Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy I

iirc one of them has an achievement for naming your character

It’s been on PS4 for years with achievements. But it just came out on switch and possibly Xbox one which sceneman has.
IYKYK

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2019, 05:52:28 PM »
Sephiroths story is still great post Nibilheim imo. Sephiroth/JENOVA is Shinra, Military tech become unwieldy, absolute power being used indescriminately. Using up the lifestream is a threat that kicks apocalyptic events into action, the planet summons the weapons, nuclear weapons/mutually assured destruction Meteor (and Holy) threatens all life. The eco theme carries on post Shinra, just takes a less literal approach.
◕‿◕