Author Topic: How often do you do cardio?  (Read 1233 times)

Rman

How often do you do cardio?
« on: April 10, 2019, 09:49:27 PM »
Been doin' cardio 3x per week for a while now. I mostly like an exercise bike or cycling IRL, when the weather is nice.  I ran for a bit at one point in my life, but it's just so boring. 

I don't really do it for fat loss or to stay in shape 'cause we know abs are built in the kitchen. But it feels great getting your heart rate up.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: How often do you do cardio?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 09:52:12 PM »
3 miles five days a week, I do two days in a row and then take a rest day.
每天生气

Rman

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 09:59:27 PM »
5 times a week;  I have a 45 minute HIIT routine I do on an exercise bike + I do weights at a tempo that counts as some cardio.

I'd run but I destroyed my ankle when I was 19.
Do you use Zwift at all?

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 10:34:17 PM »
I’m just here to like any “no” posts

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 11:11:08 PM »
If Cardio is "running for the border"/Taco Bell, then sure.

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 11:48:26 PM »
5 times a week;  I have a 45 minute HIIT routine I do on an exercise bike + I do weights at a tempo that counts as some cardio.

I'd run but I destroyed my ankle when I was 19.
Do you use Zwift at all?

i use zwift and trainer road in the off-season

i haven't ridden a bike consistently in nearly two months due to getting broadsided by a cabbie. life sucks atm :(

BisMarckie

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 09:06:01 AM »
I masturbate pretty much daily. That‘s enough to get my heart rate up. :smug

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 10:51:36 AM »
Before winter I hiked for an hour and thirty minutes everyday.  It truly is a mood enhancer that lasts the whole day where I find other forms of excersise sort of dissipate soon after. Must be a mixture of heart rate, constant sun, and just being out in nature.
:9

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 10:55:32 AM »
I try to do 3 runs a week.  Should probably do more.  I'm still working on my stamina – even just doing a mile and a half winds me.  I do better and longer when on an elliptical or exercise bike, but I like being outside, especially now that its warm.
püp

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 10:59:50 AM »
Before winter I hiked for an hour and thirty minutes everyday.  It truly is a mood enhancer that lasts the whole day where I find other forms of excersise sort of dissipate soon after. Must be a mixture of heart rate, constant sun, and just being out in nature.

Yeah there's some bad ass mountain biking to be done near me, it even drains really well and has a canopy of forest so even rain isn't much of an issue.  2 mile ride to the park with the trails, and about a 1.6 mile loop that you can go off-trail on.   Would be much better than being in my basement watching Mad Men for the 4th time.

I really want to TRY hiking again;  I probably shouldn't because even a long walk will cause me some pretty serious pain but I just want to get out there so badly.  I have multiple good friends who go on some SERIOUS hikes, and not-so-serious day hikes.    I don't know that there are many places in the country with more hiking available than where I live.   

And even just walking from my house;  I can walk to a hill trail that goes down to a view of the Puget Sound (above some mansions).. it's like a mile from me.  Last time I tried I got to the trailfront and almost had to call an Uber to get home.

That blows to live near so much and have to deal with that. I tend to have ankle and heel issues, mainly inflammation, and hated being forced to stay off it.
:9