Author Topic: Capcom Home Arcade  (Read 4585 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Capcom Home Arcade
« on: April 15, 2019, 01:43:28 PM »
https://gematsu.com/2019/04/capcom-teases-april-16-announcement-with-video-featuring-alien-vs-predator-darkstalkers-more

Capcom is teasing a “special announcement” for April 16 at 9:00 a.m. PT / 11:00 a.m. ET / 3:00 p.m. GMT with a new video titled, “Here Comes a New Challenger.”
The 24-second clip shows reflections of a fighting game over an arcade controller, including Giga Wing, Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors, Street Fighter 2, Progear, and Alien vs. Predator. (Alien vs. Predator is confirmed via the copyright text at the end of the clip, which reads “Alien, Predator, and Alien vs. Predator are TM & (C) 2019 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation.”)
Watch the video below.

Update 11:55 a.m.: According to a Nintendo Life report citing an “anonymous source,” this announcement is for a plug-and-play two-player arcade stick packed with classic Capcom arcade games. It is reportedly a full-sized device with a close match to the interface used on original arcade cabinets, and will retail as high as £200. It should be noted that this should be taken as nothing more than a rumor until an official announcement is made.

Kinda weird if it's a plug n' play stick, what with them letting Arcade 1up make cabs and all.  :thinking
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:51:37 AM by bork »
ど助平

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
eh I'll just keep using MAME. AVP is the GOAT tho.
reckt

Himu

IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Hope we get a console release of AvP.
©@©™

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
I'd love a way to play Progear on a home console.
^_^

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Supposedly an Arcade stick a la those Pac-man ones. :doge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Capcom going back and re-licencing AvP? I sorta get D&D might be a similar case although slightly easier, I'm curious when capcom decided they are willing to spend money and take on complication to re-publish classics :gopnik

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Day zero online co-op playthough with bork though.  :rejoice

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
Kinda weird if it's a plug n' play stick, what with them letting Arcade 1up make cabs and all.  :thinking

I wonder if that's why the Final Fight A1Up cabinet keeps getting delayed.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

nachobro

• Live Más
16 games, all Sanwa parts, has wifi but no online MP, and it's ugly as sin :lol

Also it's 229.99 € so whatever that is in real american money :rofl
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:18:27 AM by nachobro »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
16 games, all Sanwa parts, has wifi but no online MP, and it's ugly as sin :lol

(Image removed from quote.)

Also it's 229.99 € so whatever that is in real american money :rofl

Ugly as fuck.  :lol  So...$250 with a good-ish selection of games (why the hell would you include Darkstalkers instead of one of the sequels and not Super Turbo though?) and assuming the wifi is to either buy more games or for firmware updates.  Maybe that means TEH HAXX. 

EDIT: Wifi is for high scores. 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 11:08:44 AM by bork »
ど助平

Tasty

Re: Capcom Home Arcade
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 11:09:01 AM »
This looks hideous.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2019, 11:12:39 AM »
Are you just supposed to put this in your lap, or what?  ???
©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 11:20:56 AM »
that's illegal

paprikastaude

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 11:22:37 AM »
I'm all for these mini consoles if done right, but this is a nope like PSX Mini :fbm Just get one of Capcom's old arcade collections for 5 bucks.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 12:08:02 PM »

room for two so we can play with each others joysticks uwu;; ^_^
fat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2019, 12:10:04 PM »
That is spectacularly ugly. Bring back the candy-cab design.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2019, 01:12:40 PM »
I'm all for these mini consoles if done right, but this is a nope like PSX Mini :fbm Just get one of Capcom's old arcade collections for 5 bucks.

This isn't even a mini console - it's a big ass ugly joystick.  For $100 less you can get a much better Pandora's Box setup with 1000+ games.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2019, 03:51:16 PM »

This isn't even a mini console - it's a big ass ugly joystick.  For $100 less you can get a much better Pandora's Box setup with 1000+ games.

Are those Pandora’s box things actually good? Do the games run well?

Are the ones on amazon safe to buy or is there a better source?

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2019, 05:07:53 PM »
Aliexpress yeah? Have heard mixed.

This seems dumb, although a lot of this hasn’t been properly released like ever? Just put out a compilation already. :maf

Himu

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2019, 05:10:02 PM »
THIS COMES WITH OCTO GATE

NO BUY
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2019, 05:11:56 PM »
The Steel Battalion controller was less clunky than this ugly monstrosity. :goty
dog

Himu

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2019, 05:49:41 PM »
say no to octogate
IYKYK

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2019, 05:51:29 PM »
Who is this for?

Himu

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2019, 05:53:32 PM »
Ppl who want octogate
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2019, 06:23:06 PM »
being elitist over the type of gate in a product you weren't going to buy anyway.  ::) :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2019, 06:30:55 PM »

Are those Pandora’s box things actually good? Do the games run well?

Are the ones on amazon safe to buy or is there a better source?

Seems like YMMV when it comes to the games.  Wouldn't buy one.

You can't beat the price and quality of something like a retro pie for this.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2019, 06:33:47 PM »
BTW, SNK is planning to make two more models of their NeoGeo mini consoles.  Maybe they'll strike gold next time.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2019, 06:41:21 PM »
being elitist over the type of gate in a product you weren't going to buy anyway.  ::) :lol

:lol

You got me. I'm not being elitist tho. :maf
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2019, 06:41:23 PM »
Yeah the pre-packaged pandoras aren't great. the little cart ones are good but you already need an arcade cabinet for those

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2019, 03:24:27 AM »
can i just buy these on the internet store for my raspberry Pi? :gopnik

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2019, 04:53:52 AM »
Giant Bomb spent like the first 30 minutes of their newest podcast laughing at this thing for being a giant Capcom logo and having a spotty selection of games at best.
Hi

Rman

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2019, 06:56:08 AM »
It needs more games.  Why DarkStalkers 1 only? Why HyperFighting only? What a limited selection of games. 

I'll get it for AvP. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2019, 07:47:47 AM »
It needs more games.  Why DarkStalkers 1 only? Why HyperFighting only? What a limited selection of games. 

I'll get it for AvP.

:dead
ど助平

Rman

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2019, 08:28:43 AM »

I'll get it for AvP.

Only legit way to play the game.  I wish it was just DLC to the Beat Em Up Bundle. I guess the license is pricey.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2019, 08:45:50 AM »
Yeah the pre-packaged pandoras aren't great. the little cart ones are good but you already need an arcade cabinet for those

I got one from AliExpress built into a bartop cabinet and it works nicely.  Has 1500 games and the only ones I've noticed problems on are the Mortal Kombat ones.  One caveat is that like a lot of the 1000+ game packs, a bunch of them are minor hacks of existing games and there's a lot of weird Taiwanese/Japanese games you're not likely to play like mahjong.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2019, 09:41:25 AM »

I'll get it for AvP.

Only legit way to play the game.  I wish it was just DLC to the Beat Em Up Bundle. I guess the license is pricey.

Cool, will keep playing it the "non-legit" way instead of wasting $200+ on this crap.
 :gopnik
ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2019, 10:11:00 AM »
Do we know if its using real hardware or is it just a mame box with off the shelf pc parts?
^_^

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2019, 10:14:15 AM »
if you are asking if there's a CPS2 inside, nope. it's some hardware running FB Alpha (arcade emulator that ggpo/fightcade runs on)

FB Alpha is an arcade emulator supporting the following platforms;

Capcom CPS-1
Capcom CPS-2
Capcom CPS-3
Cave
Data East DEC-0, DEC-8 and DECO IC16 based games
Galaxian based hardware
Irem M62, M63, M72, M90, M92 and M107 hardware
Kaneko 16
Konami
Neo-Geo
NMK16
Pacman based hardware
PGM
Psikyo 68EC020 and SH-2 based hardware
Sega System 1, System 16 (and similar), System 18, X-Board and Y-Board
Super Kaneko Nova System
Toaplan 1
Toaplan 2
Taito F2, X, Z and others
Miscellaneous drivers for lots of other hardware
FB Alpha also has WIP console drivers for Sega Megadrive/Genesis, ColecoVision, Sega SG-1000, Sega Master System/Game Gear and also PC-Engine/TurboGrafx 16/SuperGrafx.

https://www.fbalpha.com/about/

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2019, 10:14:39 AM »
Do we know if its using real hardware or is it just a mame box with off the shelf pc parts?

What do you mean by "real hardware?" 

It's emulation box running Final Burn Alpha.
ど助平

Rman

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2019, 10:25:10 AM »

I'll get it for AvP.

Cool, will keep playing it the "non-legit" way instead of wasting $200+ on this crap.

No judging BTW. I'm just a freak about this stuff lol. 

What is your current emulation box of choice these days?

This is my issue with PC emulation. 

ROMS just seem very disposable.  I used to have hundreds of them. I never played them. They were just there.

Sure I can connect it to the TV, but I usually don't. A lot of the novelty of these games is playing on a TV. Weak excuse there, I'd admit.

I like supporting developers and publishers. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2019, 10:43:22 AM »

I'll get it for AvP.

I use a Retro Pie box and a GPD WIN 2 for Windows-based emulation stuff on the go (can also be hooked up to a TV/monitor).  The former is an easy way to go if you just want to play older 8 and 16-bit stuff.  It's also powerful enough to handle PS1 but I don't think it can go past that.  If you want more power, IIRC the recommended box of choice is the Nvidia Shield.

ROMS just seem very disposable.  I used to have hundreds of them. I never played them. They were just there.

Sure I can connect it to the TV, but I usually don't. A lot of the novelty of these games is playing on a TV. Weak excuse there, I'd admit.

I'm not sure how that's any different than buying this ugly Capcpom joystick for $200+ and then watching it collect dust after you play it a few times and then don't care anymore.  Instead of shelling out hundreds of dollars for all these little "official" emulation boxes, you can just get one device, fill it up with stuff, and be done with it. 

I like to support devs and publishers too- when they do a good job on things.  I don't think this is worth it.  I would have much rather have gotten a new game compilation instead of this ugly giant Capcom logo-thing.
ど助平

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2019, 12:04:02 PM »
I'm not sure how that's any different than buying this ugly Capcpom joystick for $200+ and then watching it collect dust after you play it a few times and then don't care anymore.  Instead of shelling out hundreds of dollars for all these little "official" emulation boxes, you can just get one device, fill it up with stuff, and be done with it. 

I like to support devs and publishers too- when they do a good job on things.  I don't think this is worth it.  I would have much rather have gotten a new game compilation instead of this ugly giant Capcom logo-thing.

I'm the same way.  I'm happy to spend money on officially licensed products when it's justified.  I got a couple of the Arcade 1up cabinets.  I've picked up most of the Arcade Archives and retro collections on PS4.  $250+ for an ugly joystick with 16 (mostly meh) games is way too much.

Rman

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2019, 05:41:16 PM »

I'll get it for AvP.

I use a Retro Pie box and a GPD WIN 2 for Windows-based emulation stuff on the go (can also be hooked up to a TV/monitor).  The former is an easy way to go if you just want to play older 8 and 16-bit stuff.  It's also powerful enough to handle PS1 but I don't think it can go past that.  If you want more power, IIRC the recommended box of choice is the Nvidia Shield.

I just can't believe they are finally releasing AVP like this lol.  This has been my most wanted game.  Then the rest of the Capcom licensed stuff in arcade--Cadillacs in Dinosaurs, The Punisher, Nemo and Wilow.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2019, 01:01:50 PM »
ayy
'Capcom Home Arcade is illegally using a non-commercial Emulator'
Hi

Tasty

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2019, 03:54:15 PM »
Ugh, that always irks me when companies do that. Shouldn't be able to get away with it but they do...

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2019, 05:48:38 PM »
Maybe Capcom knew and didn't give a shit, but it seems like Barry Harris, the principle programmer (?) behind FBalpha, fucked up here.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2019, 04:26:03 PM »

:asuka
ど助平