Re: Days Gone Wrong
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2019, 12:37:33 AM »

:american
◕‿◕

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2019, 01:18:33 AM »

If you don't like HZD's open world and the feeling that something around every corner can and probably will kill you, then you probably won't like this game very much.
Well shit.
Horizon's open world was pretty awful, and the game had decent combat, but was tedious as fuck, with all the resource gathering.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2019, 03:33:36 PM »
Well, looks like  :no1curr about the reviews.

In the UK, at least.

Sony’s PS4 exclusive title “Days Gone” debuts at the top of the All Formats Chart this week with the biggest launch of the year so far.

“Mortal Kombat 11” has to settle for a new entry at No2, while last week’s No1 “World War Z” drops to No10.

"All formats" meaning, it outsold MK11 all platforms combined.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2019, 05:43:12 PM »
Well I liked HZD’s world because it didn’t feel too big and most of the missions kept you in specific areas before you progressed to the next area. It was my favorite part of the game. Is Days Gone like that?

And what about the mission structure? Old GTA3 mission based or grindy unlock the mission crap like modern day games?

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2019, 06:22:49 PM »
:yeshrug no idea, don't own the game.

Check out reviews? Not the Waypoint one though, Klepek spends more time whining about the "yikes" stuff than talking about the game. Shocking, I know.

Or watch the GB quick look, I guess? Tends to not be too spoilery and they do usually go into gameplay mechanics quite in depth.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2019, 09:53:48 PM »
Is this a joke or...?

yeah, i was tired. watching the game just reminded me of all that popular bland nu-country (though parking lot party is hilarious).

i love a bit of corny culture, would love to see something hilarious set in modern 'muricana with characters like Raylan Givens. cut rate sons of anarchy try hards packaged in a populist zombie game turd just all equates to a product i can't help but want to deride.
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2019, 10:00:10 PM »
Raylan :rejoice
◕‿◕

bluemax

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2019, 03:49:29 AM »

If you don't like HZD's open world and the feeling that something around every corner can and probably will kill you, then you probably won't like this game very much.
Well shit.
Horizon's open world was pretty awful, and the game had decent combat, but was tedious as fuck, with all the resource gathering.

This game has A LOT of similarities.

Tons of item/resource gathering (albeit a bit more TLOU and less HZD).
Can't just freely go wherever you want, in fact there is NO jump button.
World map is divided into enemy outposts that become fast travel spots after you clear them, friendly camp towns, monster hubs you clear out that become fast travel points, and these mobile med labs where you get power ups/back story but also have to deal with turning on a generator/clearing speakers/finding fuses.
Also there are random encounters which seem totally not that useful.

The rate at which your default motorcycle runs out of gas seems kind fast, but also I've not run out of gas ever.

The game has some wonkiness with checkpointing and remembering the state of certain aspects of the world when you die. For example I encountered a mobile med lab area with human enemies, I cleared the enemies but when I brought the power online I got killed by the zombies. When it reloaded me, it remembered that I had restored the power, but it also brought all the human enemies back and I was standing right in the middle. Still, most of the time I've found this wonkiness works in my favor, where I clear out some nests and then get killed but when I come back the area is clear of monsters.

Well I liked HZD’s world because it didn’t feel too big and most of the missions kept you in specific areas before you progressed to the next area. It was my favorite part of the game. Is Days Gone like that?

And what about the mission structure? Old GTA3 mission based or grindy unlock the mission crap like modern day games?

So far it seems to keep pushing me forward. I think I've just about completed a circle around one portion of the first area of the map, doing both the main story and side stuff. Game presents missions in terms of "storylines" and you can check you progress on those and sometimes doing a thing will count towards multiple storylines. There's only been one thing I've encountered on the map that I haven't done, and I think I could probably do it but it requires making a motorcycle jump that I figure will be easier with some upgrades.
NO

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2019, 05:02:02 AM »
Sony games are dark for teens Borys.

Except Bloodborne.

naff

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2019, 05:17:31 AM »
Is this a joke or...?

yeah, i was tired. watching the game just reminded me of all that popular bland nu-country (though parking lot party is hilarious).

i love a bit of corny culture, would love to see something hilarious set in modern 'muricana with characters like Raylan Givens. cut rate sons of anarchy try hards packaged in a populist zombie game turd just all equates to a product i can't help but want to deride.

:lol Got it. I like the first track (fix a drink) :yeshrug It could be very well placed in some lighter scene in a zombie/ biker game but then it is DARK AND MACHOORE SONY GAME.

yeah, i mean, that's also a pretty funny song.

i kinda love to hate that modern redneck trash. maybe i would like this game  :larry
◕‿◕