Borys

Game
« on: May 05, 2019, 09:39:04 AM »
`
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 08:29:00 AM by Borys »

Coax

Re: Kind of done with this gen already
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 10:07:21 AM »
Games I want to play are always the exception so most games every year don't interest me :yeshrug

Currently playing MGSV with a new user-created side-op which has like 3x the number of enemies and forces low health (one shot = death), along with self-imposed OSP (no load out, steal weapons from enemies) and no HUD. It's pretty good.

Chooky

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 10:10:40 AM »
bloodstained, dqb2, shenmue 3, console port of la mulana 2 (is this getting an english release?), ffxiv stormblood, and wolfenstein mean this year looks great to me. also havent played re2r or dmc5 or like a million other cheap games i got over the last couple years soooo yeah i'm still cool with this gen. also the first few years of a console always fucking suck so what's to be excited about?

paprikastaude

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 11:17:14 AM »
I'm still (to varying degrees) interested in,

Bloodstained, Doom 2, all the Platinum, Crash Racing remake, Death Stranding, Shenmue 3, Nioh 2, Control, Metal Wolf Chaos, Ninja Warriors remake, Monster Hunter Iceborne, Cuphead expansion - off the top of my head.

:trumps

And it's not like new generations start with huge lineups either. Which is why I also thought this generation was shit until 2015, when things like Bloodborne and MGSV came out and games like Nier got announced. This also means I can't say that I feel burnout yet, since I thought nothing between 2012 to 2015 felt like this gen had even arrived.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 11:30:40 AM by Spieler1 »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 11:19:09 AM »
According to Wikipedia the following "major" games have confirmed release this year:

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Catherine: Full Body
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth
Persona 5 Royal
Shenmue III
Yakuza 5

Not too bad, but the year already blew it's load with Biohazard 2 and DMC5.

Tasty

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 11:31:53 AM »
Once I get Animal Crossing and a real Pokemon for Switch I'm pretty sure I'd be content living the rest of my days on a deserted island with the system.

Tasty

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 11:58:08 AM »
Also, a new gen won't automatically mean more interesting games... :confused

Himu

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 12:01:23 PM »
Switch is just finally getting hot ???

Of the games you listed you really just listed a bunch of AAA stuff. Seems you just like big budget games. :idont
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 12:04:04 PM »
Of the games you listed you really just listed a bunch of AAA stuff. Seems you just like big budget games. :idont

Yup.  Plenty of great stuff out now and on the way.  Maybe you just need to take a break from gaming, Borys. 
ど助平

Chooky

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 12:04:22 PM »
o shit i forgot about rage 2

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 12:07:00 PM »
borys you're a dumbass there's some fire games on that list. lmao. stupid soulsborne tard
fat

Himu

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2019, 12:10:29 PM »
We're at Ys IX now?! I have to play 7 and 8 first.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2019, 01:21:10 PM »
There's probably a ton of games that came out in the last few years that you haven't played yet that you'd like. Just play those.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2019, 02:12:36 PM »
I'm playing AC Odessey right now and I've got Wario Ware Gold, Tekken 7, The Evil Within 2 and Mafia 3 still wrapped.
If no new games came out after today I'd probably still have at least 30 or 40 games to get back to that I haven't quite finished or haven't started yet.

Also we've not had E3 yet so there's more announcements coming for games releasing this year.
This gen isn't over until Cyberpunk 2027 is out.
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2019, 02:16:16 PM »
also E3 is in a month and it's been hyped up by some FROM insider even, so there's that.  :doge

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 02:50:53 PM »
I doubt FROM will show anything else than a trailer for Sekiro DLC.

Maybe a 3sec tease of another game.

Svejk

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2019, 02:59:58 PM »
I'm excited for it, but not excited about dropping more cash on hardware atm.  I'm still content with my OG PS4 and laptop.  And fuck streaming games.... for now. 

Bebpo

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2019, 05:00:42 PM »
The only videogames I'm looking forward to at this point that have been announced but not release are:

Last of Us 2
SMTV
Bayonetta 3
Death Stranding
Monster Hunter World Expac
FFXIV Expacs

Otherwise most of the companies I like are at the "just released a game in the last year or two and not ready to announce their next game" stage.

Then again I still haven't even touched so many of the "Big" games of this generation like Witcher 3, God of War, FF15, Spider-Man, Horizon, Divinity 2 OS, DMC5, Nioh, etc....so I don't get too excited about future stuff because most of it just goes into my backlog.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2019, 10:29:55 PM »
imagine not being excited for Doom Eternal LMAO get fucked polack
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2019, 11:03:52 PM »

Idk, Doom 2016 rocked, but everyone loved Wolfenstein and then no one cared when II came out. Doom Eternal feels like a wait for reviews and nab at $20 if it's good kind of game.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2019, 11:18:08 PM »

Idk, Doom 2016 rocked, but everyone loved Wolfenstein and then no one cared when II came out. Doom Eternal feels like a wait for reviews and nab at $20 if it's good kind of game.

I cared. And it was a good game.
dog

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2019, 01:01:32 AM »
I never even had a 4 or a bone. Most X stuff was also on PC, multiplats were as well, and that just leaves PS4 exclusives mainly as the things to nudge in and there's never been enough to make me cough up $300. And again fuck off with the machines still being $300 with them being basically dead at this point. :punch :gun
Hi

Rahxephon91

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2019, 01:27:35 AM »
Eh don't really agree. Even looking at that list, there's plenty of interesting stuff. Maybe not GOTY stuff.

Control-Loved Quantum Break. Remedy has yet to let me down.

Astral Chain-I mean anime Platinum shit is my jam.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night-Looks decent actually.

Judgment-Don't really think the Yakuza team has made a bad game.

Persona 5 Royal-P5 is a GOTG. I will play an expanded version.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order-Could be good.

Wolfenstein: Youngblood-I mean this looks really fun.

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox-Need to finish 8, but I'll probably get this.

Then you have stuff like Doom Eternal, Rage 2, Sony Stuff, and so on. Plenty of cool stuff I think.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2019, 01:41:58 AM »
The only thing that's really worth getting hyped for is Cyberpunk and we don't know when it's getting released.

Everything else is just meh.
yar

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2019, 03:55:38 AM »
I think after E3 it will become more clear what I am feeling. It is this idea that all the new, inventive titles are being held up for next-gen/ cross-gen at this point.
This is pretty much what is happening. The GB guys have noted 'Yeah, there's really not much incoming, and that doesn't mean there's stuff we can't talk about yet, it means seriously there's nothing. Looks like everyone is gearing up for the next gen.'
Hi

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2019, 08:12:01 AM »
I see a lot of good stuff on that list, certainly better than the last few years of last gen. Plus you don't have CSIII (and hopefully IV) on that list...
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2019, 10:01:45 AM »
And again fuck off with the machines still being $300 with them being basically dead at this point. :punch :gun

:huh
ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2019, 10:48:22 AM »
I felt this way for a while now but on PS4/PC but...

ever since I got a Switch I havent touched my PS4, only play in portable mode, chilling on the couch or whatever when my wife is watching telly. It really is a game changer for me.

Also there is a tooon of stuff on it still to come out, and stuff I still need to play.

Looking forward to the next switch though so I can play Sekiro  :doge :doge

paprikastaude

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2019, 11:13:52 AM »
Constant record sales for either hardware or software + healthy lineup in the foreseeable future = dead consoles.  :doge  Also PS4/Bone have been cheap to get since forever, unless you want the pro versions - only idiots paid 300 bucks.  :doge  If you want to see a real attempt at pushing a corpse, look at 3DS from 2015-2018. :doge
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 11:19:40 AM by Spieler1 »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2019, 11:52:31 AM »
I felt this way for a while now but on PS4/PC but...

ever since I got a Switch I havent touched my PS4, only play in portable mode, chilling on the couch or whatever when my wife is watching telly. It really is a game changer for me.

Also there is a tooon of stuff on it still to come out, and stuff I still need to play.

Looking forward to the next switch though so I can play Sekiro  :doge :doge

Have played my PS4 increasingly less as well- got recent big releases like DMC5, RE2, and Sekiro on PC instead.  Things are at the point where I'd be fine with just PC and Switch, but am not going to ditch the PS4 since there are a few things I want to play on it.  Beyond tired of third-person AAA $$$ "cinematic adventure games" so there's not much from Sony that I give a shit about.  They suck as a first party now (not enough variety), plus their censorship-bullshit (that nobody else, not even *NINTENDO*, are doing) is a complete turn-off.  Definitely has had an effect on whether or not I buy a PS5.  If it's backwards-compatible with at least PS4 (pretty much all but officially confirmed already) and has some good third party titles, I'm sure I'll get one though.
ど助平

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2019, 03:14:41 PM »
:piss Borys’ taste :piss2
Margs

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2019, 01:29:17 AM »
the whole generation thing feels quite arbitrary at this point. nintendo are the only ones doing something interesting. ps and xbox are important as low barriers to entry to pc gaming, but that's all they are now. cheap pc's with vendor lock in.
◕‿◕