Author Topic: I spent the entirety of this weekend binge-watching Cybill with my gf; AMA  (Read 1956 times)

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
I mean I almost certainly won't bother answering, but you can ask me all the same
QED

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
What is love?
©@©™

bluemax

What is Cybill?
NO

recursivelyenumerable

QED

recursivelyenumerable

What is Cybill?

90s sitcom that we can now watch on demand via the information superhighway, thus using the awesome power of today's technology to live exactly the same way we did in the 90s
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 01:53:25 AM by recursivelyenumerable »
QED

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Cybill is very mid tier 90s sitcom. Never went out of my way to watch it but was never completely offended when I did.
itm

jorma

I mean I almost certainly won't bother answering, but you can ask me all the same

okay so i just want to know if the show she did before that - Moonlighting - still holds up, because that one was top tier back then.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, it’s crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?

recursivelyenumerable

I'm too busy mentally brainstorming any possible ways I could exploit the tortoise to somehow improve paperclip production
QED

recursivelyenumerable

Cybill is very mid tier 90s sitcom. Never went out of my way to watch it but was never completely offended when I did.

"mid tier 90s sitcom" is the most damning with faint praise term I've ever heard

mid tier 90s sitcom is the hottest new trend going into fall season 2019, try to keep up
QED

recursivelyenumerable

okay so i just want to know if the show she did before that - Moonlighting - still holds up, because that one was top tier back then.

Maybe we'll do that one next
QED

recursivelyenumerable

It's definitely much less obnoxious than some of Chuck Lorre's later work like Big Bang Theory, but still doesn't deliver on the early promise he showed with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme song
QED

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
What is it like to be in a relationship where the woman is obviously wearing the pants?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Why is it that to stop Windows 98, you have to click on Start?
©@©™

recursivelyenumerable

She does the British thing of reserving "pants" to mean underwear and only calling pants "trousers," so ... wait what was the question?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 01:48:57 PM by recursivelyenumerable »
QED

recursivelyenumerable

Why is it that to stop Windows 98, you have to click on Start?

QED

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Thanks for the quick response. 5/5 poster.
©@©™

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
how about that cliffhanger ending where all her identities are awakened by the doctor and we never find out what happens?

pilonv1

"mid tier 90s sitcom" is the most damning with faint praise term I've ever heard :jeanluc

There were some god awful 90s sitcoms so it's really not that bad

Like it's not even close to Union Square
itm

benjipwns

Union Square was great, for all the wrong reasons. Look at this thing:

lmao, the pilot star isn't even in the rest of the show
The show was originally supposed to be a vehicle for actress Mel Gorham, but after poor test screenings for the pilot, the producers retooled the show and replaced Gorham with Constance Marie.

pilonv1

I just remember Union Square being one of the worst shows at retaining the Friends audience. You had to be really terrible to not keep most of it.

itm

BisMarckie

I watched pretty much the entirety of Caroline in the City, because it was on at like 1:00 am and I was high and needed something to do. :ego

benjipwns

we need an eurojank/slavchunk style nickname for short lived 90s sitcoms (most of which were seemingly on NBC)

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
we need an eurojank/slavchunk style nickname for short lived 90s sitcoms (most of which were seemingly on NBC)

shitcoms
©@©™

pilonv1

I watched pretty much the entirety of Caroline in the City, because it was on at like 1:00 am and I was high and needed something to do. :ego

I unironically enjoyed that show. At least until they ruined it by putting Richard and Caroline together.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Must_See_TV

Holy shit @ some of these Seinfails I forgot, I think this is the only one worse than Union Square

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daddio

itm

pilonv1

This is for 90s shitcoms only, take your new millenium single cam trash elsewhere :camby
itm