Author Topic: What's the closest game this gen that's similar to Tokyo Xtreme Racer?  (Read 1048 times)

Svejk

The stupid amount of hours I put into TXR1 & 2 on DC...   :lawd   Was curious if there was something similar on PS4 or PC?  The Crew?  the latest NFS? Something else?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
The first The Crew and Need for Speed: Most Wanted (the Criterion one) do have a number of similar elements, none really are exactly the same. Although I guess the latter actually is last gen, it is on PC and is Criterion. (Hot Pursuit also from Criteron and also on PC but last gen otherwise might fit.) Don't know about the newest NFS actually.

I think a lot of the most similar games burned out in the 360 era, Midnight Club/Underground/etc. all kinda died off during then, except as side mores here and there. Until The Crew came along. Off the top of my head it's probably the best bet, often is cheap. Second game adds planes and boats.

Svejk

Cool thanks.  Yeah, I'm reading that The Crew has gotten more praise than NFS of late (this gen).  TC being compared to NFS Payback and Rivals, most are saying TC by a long shot.  I will probably browse some on Steam too for lest gen type stuffz.  Yeah, ..I guess the genre(?) died off once Fast&Furious came out and tainted the medium.   :doge

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
The first Test Drive: Unlimited was really good, spent many hours just cruising around Oahu looking at the sights.
dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
I tried out the PC version a couple months back and boy is it hideous to behold these days. Character models unworthy of even a PS2 and the vegetation was really rough as well.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 06:18:18 PM by Rufus »

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
All I wanna do is drive around Tokyo at night, geez srsly how are they not making these games anymore?

The best thing I could find was playing GT Sport in VR mode on the Tokyo tracks at night listening to chill music

Svejk

All I wanna do is drive around Tokyo at night, geez srsly how are they not making these games anymore?

The best thing I could find was playing GT Sport in VR mode on the Tokyo tracks at night listening to chill music
Oh shit.. I forgot about that game.  And for $20, will def consider.  And YES..  Exactly what I miss about those old Tokyo Racers; those night time lit up highways.  Man, that shit was great.