Author Topic: Path of Exile - Well on our way to PhDs in theory craft and MBAs in shopkeeping!  (Read 1133 times)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

who's in for the new league?
if you want to know what poe is really actually like
[close]

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
memes aside, I think i'll actually build a flicker strike char this league  :whew

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
I'm almost certain that it would give me a headache. :/

Gonna start with a FOTM Zerker probably. Not sure what skill. Cyclone looks nice (again), but I played that a lot...

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Yeah the cyclone buff looks great, in general melee looks good again, watch winter meme orb still be the meta though lol

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
I only played Synthesis for as long as I did because Winter Orb felt so good. :lol I hope they don't dumpster it completely, but it's the perfect combo of superior mechanics and ease of scaling/building they might just have to. :'(

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Winter Orb will be fine,  even if they do nerf it slightly it's still going to be facemeltingly strong

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
It kinda is, first time I played I hated it, came back a year later played socially and got carried to end game then it all opened up and I was hooked. It's a *lot* more complicated than diablo and is confusing if you're new cause each season is essentially a new dlc pack and all that stuff has been tacked on to the base game, once you find your feet there's nothing like it though

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
You on console or pc? Maybe we can do some stuff together

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Well, that don't help (technical stuff, but also economy/trading), but it's an overwhelming game regardless.

These days I'd recommend closely following a (recently updated) build-guide from the forums. The better ones will explain their choices and also have preview videos. The above-and-beyond guide authors will even tell you how to get the necessary gear or weaker (but cheaper) alternatives and show the passive tree in multiple stages.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Be sure to use a build that says league starter else you will be farming for 3 months straight only to fail at getting end game gear. I'm using a 2c(chaos) starter build to farm for a theory craft I'm.working on, I won't really be able to commit till I have the full passive tree and unique changes though. Some of the new divination cards should make a six link bow directly farmable, but I wouldn't really suggest playing a bow char, usually shit expensive and high skill (manual dodging) that only works once you know all the enemies.

I'd suggest a storm brand templar, cheap as fuck and scalable. (need to confirm its still viable after seeing the passives though)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
I'm an Xbox pleb  :yuck
The console performance and economics are a bit rough, but all the pc tips should still apply. I'll be trying the PS4 version to some extent this season.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Patchnotes:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2513456

Path of Building also has the new tree.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Yeah I've been trying things offline, flicker seems ass as a league starter but I want to play it endgame so I'm trying to see what I can do for the first 70 levels

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
OK, so gonna do Slayer for sure.

Can't decide on a skill. Can't decide if I want to go crit or not. So many good choices. 😖

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
I always end up playing some kinda Ranger character when I bother, either Pathfinder or Deadeye usually

Ain't nobody got time to keep up with all the shit they keep adding onto the game tho, bloat is at critical levels
yar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
I cant remember a time tornado shot deadeye wasnt good and I didnt read anything that specifically nerfed it, so you're still good. Evasion chars are the most difficult to play so hats off to you.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Tornado shot is ok to level with but Wanderfinder is where all the fun is at- of course it's also expensive AF to run high level maps due to the flasks you need plus the Queen of the Forest chest to boot. Add in that most reflect maps you just end up not being able to run and it's a pain in the ass.

...still fun AF tho.

yar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
eh, gameplay wise they are super similar