Author Topic: Minion Masters F2P (Clash royale on steam and xbox)  (Read 791 times)

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Minion Masters F2P (Clash royale on steam and xbox)
« on: May 29, 2019, 11:01:46 AM »
Been playing this one and enjoying it quite a bit.

Very much a clash royale like but I would argue this one is better than Clash Royale. Still has all the free to play trappings with multiple currencies and such but this one doesn't have the concept of powering up cards in levels so they are viable like in Royale. You still have to unlock the rare and legendary cards and such but that specific anti-competitive notion of leveling them is gone. You can level them up for something called "glory" but that is essentially a cosmetic system mostly. The whole game basically feels like a smart evolution of nearly everything in royale.

Has a persistent duos mode also. A ranking system. And crossplay between xbox and steam.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: Minion Masters F2P (Clash royale on steam and xbox)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 11:23:38 AM »
Those aren't minions. :maf
©@©™

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 12:24:56 PM »
On Steam they're offering a free starter pack type thing: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1066920/Minion_Masters__Accursed_Army_Pack/

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 04:52:45 AM »
So been playing this since the original post and have to say, I like it a damn lot. The free to play model is very generous compared to a lot of f2p titles and especially clash royale. I have like half the cards in the game already in about a month of playing.

And not having to level them up like in clash royale is like being freed from prison. I would also say if you were remotely decent at clash you will dominate in this. The community is comparatively easier at this stage.

Duo mode is a hell of a lot of fun and a nice break from solo play.

Xbox version had some lag and frame rate issues that have been improved. Haven't tried the steam version yet. The community is small but the game deserves more praise imo.