Author Topic: R-Type Final 2 Kickstarter (7 days only)  (Read 985 times)

Occam

R-Type Final 2 Kickstarter (7 days only)
« on: June 04, 2019, 08:21:24 AM »
A couple of ex-Irem employees are creating a new R-Type game, R-Type Final 2. The game is pretty far along already.
To get some additional funding, they are running a short kickstarter campaign.
The game will be available for PS4, Switch, Xbone and Steam.

Aside from digital copies, there are also reward tiers for physical copies; unfortunately international shipping is pretty expensive (¥3,000).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/granzella/r-type-final-2-aiming-for-a-brand-new-the-best-shmup-ever/description

Akala

• Easy Victor
Re: R-Type Final 2 Kickstarter (7 days only)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 09:24:32 AM »
Shocked the $2M stretch goal isn't included by default. It was the first thing I thought of.  :lol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 11:53:28 AM »
Looks like they'll breeze past their goal, but I wonder why they decided to go with just 7 days for the campaign instead of the usual 30?
dog

Occam

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 11:58:27 AM »
Maybe they need the funds ASAP to prevent insolvency. Otherwise it makes no sense.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 12:10:12 PM »
word of mouth? it's working lol.

Bebpo

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 01:05:07 PM »
Man, I'm gonna back this but Granzilla has been pretttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttty iffy so far and I do not expect this game to be anywhere near good.

Their two games, the Disaster Report x Godzilla/Eva/etc... and Disaster Report 4 are both semi-enjoyable jank-fests enjoyable in a this is such a terrible game it is hilarious kinda way. They have no shown any talent at making a competent videogame since forming their company. Make Suda51 look like a polished pro AAA developer.

So yeah, I expect this game to be pretty crappy.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 01:57:30 PM »
Hopefully it comes out OK. I have always liked the idea and aesthetic of R-Type more than actually playing it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 08:14:32 PM »
These guys are based out of Ishikawa, my old stomping grounds.  Backed.
ど助平

Occam

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2019, 07:19:48 AM »
Funding is at 160% already, with two days to go.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2019, 10:25:09 AM »
Looks like they'll breeze past their goal, but I wonder why they decided to go with just 7 days for the campaign instead of the usual 30?

I don't have any data to point to but most of the funding peaks will happen at the start and at the end of a project. The middle part is usually a long stretch of trying to keep the engagement up and it is a job in itself now (see Shenmue III and a couple of other companies where the Kickstarter is managed by a PR company, in essence). If you already have the fan following, public standing and that the goal seems reasonable / minimal it's probably more efficient to keep that sort of urgency and you just need to set up the initial launch push.
ὕβρις

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2019, 08:16:20 PM »
They're nearly 300k usd over their goal right now.
Hi