Author Topic: E3 2019 Thread - Nintendevolver wins again, baybee!! 20 years in a row!!  (Read 91189 times)

Rahxephon91

Re: E3 2019 Thread - Leaking game info is copyright infringement
« Reply #540 on: June 10, 2019, 11:13:10 PM »

And if it takes them 5 years they need to reconsider how they're developing these games. I don't expect 1-2 year turnarounds like the ps1 days but 5 years is insane.

Dragon Quest XI-2013-2017. About 4 years. Announced in 2015
Persona 5-2011-2016-5 years.
Mass Effect A-2012-2017-6 Years
Witcher 3-2011-2015-3.5 years
Kingdom Hearts 3-2013-2019-6 years
Dragon Age I-2011-2014-3 Years
Horizon-2011-2017-6 Years
Nier 2-2014-2017-3 years
Valkyria Chronicles 4 2015-2018-Sounds like about 3 years

Insane times.

Because obviously this development time is just for the first part and not the project as a whole.
Except it's not a full length JRPG, it's seemingly a chopped and padded section of one.
You don't know that.

1) Atlus is/was way fucking smaller than Square-Enix/Square studios.
2) A few of these are development hell-ish (CDProjectRed and Witcher/Cyberpunk: Notable) which is valid for the development times.
3) That still doesn't excuse the fact that Square-Enix is a huge company with studios all over the world AND still can't fucking get part-one of FF7 out within the goddamn year after 5 years.

Please cope harder.
1. And? It was there main project for over 5 years and took them forever to come out. Your making a lame excuse. Meanwhile Square did put out other big projects.
2.And FFVII remake did'nt have development issues? Eh don't remeber the whole Cyber Connect issue?
3.It does excuse the fact. Every big project from every big publisher has taken 3-5 years or more. Did'nt Days Gone take 6 years with all the resources of Sony? Crackdown 3 took forever even with MS. Elder Scrolls whatever is years off. REMake 2 was announced forever ago before it was re-revealed. EA has hardly been able to get Star Wars games going. There will be not GTA this gen after Rockstar had to throw every studio at Red Dead. Even with infinite money and support CoD games are having trouble. HD development is full of problems and takes time. Somehow this is'nt an issue for others, but Square gets flack(While also still developing other big projects).

If you just want to hate on SE, just admit that.

Himu

« Reply #541 on: June 10, 2019, 11:14:41 PM »
This article is years old but still quite apt.

https://thelifestream.net/forums/threads/cracked-5-reasons-final-fantasy-failed-worse-than-any-franchise-ever.18312/#post-682957

Fuck Final Fantasy. It seems only FF14 fans are the ones who genuine like the shit these days and those guys are almost to the point where it's a damn religion.
IYKYK

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #543 on: June 10, 2019, 11:19:19 PM »

And if it takes them 5 years they need to reconsider how they're developing these games. I don't expect 1-2 year turnarounds like the ps1 days but 5 years is insane.

Dragon Quest XI-2013-2017. About 4 years. Announced in 2015
Persona 5-2011-2016-5 years.
Mass Effect A-2012-2017-6 Years
Witcher 3-2011-2015-3.5 years
Kingdom Hearts 3-2013-2019-6 years
Dragon Age I-2011-2014-3 Years
Horizon-2011-2017-6 Years
Nier 2-2014-2017-3 years
Valkyria Chronicles 4 2015-2018-Sounds like about 3 years

Insane times.
6 years for Horzion is a joke. They spent all that time and it plays like shit.
6 years for Kingdom Hearts 3- Also a fucking joke. Feels like a game that was made in half the time. If that.
DQ11 at 4 years. Seems fair enough. Compare the length and effort in that game to some of the ones that took longer.
Mass Effect A, 6 years for a piece of shit.

These dev times are insane and I don't get how this list was meant to disprove me because the only good games on it took under 4.

other than persona which i feel kinda justifies how long it took to make

Leadbelly

« Reply #545 on: June 10, 2019, 11:21:08 PM »
Anthem was 6 years in development. That makes Square-Enix seem competent in comparison. lol

Rahxephon91

« Reply #546 on: June 10, 2019, 11:22:09 PM »
I mean I guess there's no accounting for taste.

Horizon was an awesome game. KH3 is good. Persona 5 is GOTG.

And thats a list of just RPGs. The point was not quality, but scale and type.

If you want to talk about games in general......well then most of games this gen have taken 3-5 years to make.

remy

« Reply #547 on: June 10, 2019, 11:23:14 PM »
I honestly don't know how anyone can play kingdom hearts three and think it's good  :lol

if there was a scale from god awful to excellent it's right in the middle. i would never choose to play it

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #548 on: June 10, 2019, 11:23:28 PM »
Jrpg is a trash genre and all final fantasies are trash
:O

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #549 on: June 10, 2019, 11:23:40 PM »
Anthem was 6 years in development. That makes Square-Enix seem competent in comparison. lol

...That doesn't make Square better though.

-Enidos (Enix and Eidos) side of Square is decent: They put out decent titles.

But Square-? They're a fucking mess.

Rah just needs to admit he likes keeping his mouth next to Square's wrecked asshole for the turds they put out. That's ok, not everyone is a German Scat Fetish person. But if that's what he's into: Cool. But the least he could do is admit that modern Square is a fucking mess and has a wrecked shitter when it comes to release schedules.

Jrpg is a trash genre and all final fantasies are trash

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Why can't I stop fucking playing them? Persona 3 was the last innovative one and it wasn't that innovative.
[close]

Leadbelly

« Reply #550 on: June 10, 2019, 11:27:13 PM »

...That doesn't make Square better though.

-Enidos (Enix and Eidos) side of Square is decent: They put out decent titles.

But Square-? They're a fucking mess.

Yeah. Although Square seem to do smaller titles well. Shit like Bravely Default. It's the bigger titles where they seem to want to reinvent the JRPG where they fuck up.

Edit: They only published Bravely Default, they didn't make it. I guess not good example. lol

remy

« Reply #551 on: June 10, 2019, 11:29:12 PM »
Why can't I stop fucking playing them? Persona 3 was the last innovative one and it wasn't that innovative.
[close]
Who knew combing two trashy genres could make something great?

thisismyusername

« Reply #552 on: June 10, 2019, 11:29:43 PM »
[close]
Who knew combing two trashy genres could make something great?

I was more talking the AI battle system. :trumps

Himu

« Reply #553 on: June 10, 2019, 11:33:01 PM »
I just can't see why Rah doesn't understand why people think Final Fantasy is a joke now. Like for real, I became a fan in 1997. We got Tactics, VIII, V, VI, IV, CT, IX, 1, II, and X between 1997 and 2001. Five new titles, multiple old ones for us new fans. That was the golden age. Yet people are supposed to sit here and take seriously the account of people who stress it's all good? lol.
IYKYK

PogiJones

« Reply #554 on: June 10, 2019, 11:33:58 PM »
This article is years old but still quite apt.

https://thelifestream.net/forums/threads/cracked-5-reasons-final-fantasy-failed-worse-than-any-franchise-ever.18312/#post-682957

Fuck Final Fantasy. It seems only FF14 fans are the ones who genuine like the shit these days and those guys are almost to the point where it's a damn religion.

Edit: Oh, you only mean modern FF? Carry on.

Edit 2: But this remake looks dope, so

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #555 on: June 10, 2019, 11:34:57 PM »
Maybe spend less time arguing about trash games and more time getting hyped about Planet fucking Zoo
:O

Himu

« Reply #556 on: June 10, 2019, 11:37:08 PM »
[close]

:beli

The Last Remnant, The World Ends With You, Radiant Historia.

The JRPG genre is certainly stagnant - this gens jrpgs are the definition of mediocre - but P3 is far from the last innovative jrpg. jrpgs are currently where wrpgs were last gen - with few exceptions, they've traded in their depth and forward thinking ideas.
IYKYK

thetylerrob

« Reply #557 on: June 10, 2019, 11:37:24 PM »
Cindi's just one of those hipster ass people that have to like DQ because it's tots more popular in glorious Nippon

I should get into 14

Rahxephon91

« Reply #558 on: June 10, 2019, 11:37:36 PM »

Square is a company of what... 500,000+ employees? What the fuck have they been doing over these past five years to where they don't have SOMETHING out at this point for this remake beyond a bunch of CG trailers?

Smaller companies like Capcom have done a "remake" of a same generation title within 4 years AND released the fucking thing.

Modern Square is a mess.

Square is a company of what... 500,000+ employees? What the fuck have they been doing over these past five years to where they don't have SOMETHING out at this point for this remake beyond a bunch of CG trailers?
Kingdom Hearts 3
Final Fantasy XV+DLC
Final Fantasy XIV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Dragon Quest XI
SaGa: Scarlet Grace
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix   
World of Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Final Fantasy IX Remaster
Secret of Mana
Octopath Traveler
The World Ends with You: Final Remix
The Quiet Man
Starwing Paradox
Dragon Quest Builders 2

And all of the games the Edios side makes, they just publish, and where they probably don't co develop like Nier.

So it seems like Square has just been putting out games.

Smaller companies like Capcom have done a "remake" of a same generation title within 4 years AND released the fucking thing.
These comparison's you people keep making are dumb. Who fucking cares that RE2 was a PS1 game.  Remaking RE4 would also probably take less time then remaking FFVI as a full HD console games. None of that matters when your making a game like Remake 2 or VII Remake. These games are basically new games production wise. And again, also a smaller scale game took four years.

Also again Capcom has been shitty until now about releasing actual new games as well. For most of the gen it was just small low budget games and ports. It also took them a bit to get a grip. And in this time Square also put new HD games.
Yes (casually because of no fee). But I can freely admit it's :trash like FF14 and FF11. I will give 11 and 14 props for being "decent" for an MMO, but in a traditionally single-player series? They're :trash and double :trash for not offering a FF12 mode for those of us that would suffer through their grind for the story.

MMO's are generally a shit genre because there's too much focus on shitty combat instead of the adventuring aspects that could make said shitty combat better.
I mean at this point it's clear you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

MMO's are not trash. FFXIV's MSQ actually deliver experiences just as good as normal single player games. With Hevansword having one of the best FF stories and Stormblood having some of the best FF boss battles in the series.

Also they are adding a AI partner system...

And no the combat in FFXIV is extremley fun. The dungeons are some of the most fun use of the job system in a FF game. The boss battles are full of fun and rewarding mechanics. It is possibly the best playing FF game.

thisismyusername

« Reply #559 on: June 10, 2019, 11:38:06 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Oh shut the fuck up, babe.

[close]

The Last Remnant,

That leveling system is trash sis. :kobeyuck

The World Ends With You,

I've been meaning to play this. Maybe after Persona Q2 (after I finish Ace Attorney and Operation Darkness, which I'm slowly doing due to work, One Piece/DBZ, and other shit)

Radiant Historia.

Haven't heard of that one.

The JRPG genre is certainly stagnant - this gens jrpgs are the definition of mediocre - but P3 is far from the last innovative jrpg. jrpgs are currently where wrpgs were last gen - with few exceptions, they've traded in their depth and forward thinking ideas.

I'm talking in terms of battle systems (FF12's is the best, IMO because it removes the tedium of the bullshit of menus-upon-menus) and battle system revolution (AI's being used, FF12/Persona 3 being the few that actually used them pretty well).

Basically, I'm looking for JRPG's to remove a lot of the "cruft" of the genre, but fans like Rah would scream bloody murder if menus-upon-menus were removed for shit that makes sense.

I mean, shit... I'd kill for a Parasite Eve 2 style combat system in a JRPG: Players moving about the field, firing guns/swinging swords and having Magic be casted in real-time and if damaged: tough shit, you have to recast and your MP was spent.

Shit like that. JRPG's haven't really "evolved" as a genre in ages.

Himu

« Reply #560 on: June 10, 2019, 11:41:07 PM »
Maybe spend less time arguing about trash games and more time getting hyped about Planet fucking Zoo

It does look dope.

Cindi's just one of those hipster ass people that have to like DQ because it's tots more popular in glorious Nippon

I should get into 14

No, I'm just a jrpg fan.

There's a difference between Final Fantasy fans and JRPG fans. FF fans tend to not be jrpg fans. I, however, love the genre. And I've never met a single person who likes DQ just because it's popular in Japan. That doesn't even make any sense and I can fully articulate why I love Dragon Quest.

Fuck off.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #561 on: June 10, 2019, 11:41:15 PM »
Rah just needs to admit he likes keeping his mouth next to Square's wrecked asshole for the turds they put out. That's ok, not everyone is a German Scat Fetish person. But if that's what he's into: Cool. But the least he could do is admit that modern Square is a fucking mess and has a wrecked shitter when it comes to release schedules.
No I'm just not a jaded fuck whos gotten old and is now mad things aren't the way I liked them.

Also....

I don't like Kingdom Hearts and haven't really played much of 3.

Did'nt really care for Nier or Octopath. They were solid.

Think FFXV is an 8 at best, a 7 before taking the complete package.

Think DQXI is ok, but kind of boring.

FFXIV and the Zodiac Age being the only real Square games I've really enjoyed.

I'm just not a nonsensical hateful fuck like the rest of you.

Basically, I'm looking for JRPG's to remove a lot of the "cruft" of the genre, but fans like Rah would scream bloody murder if menus-upon-menus were removed for shit that makes sense.
You don't know shit about what I like. So don't assume shit.

Also this is such a dumb assumption since action based FF dosen't anger me.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 11:46:04 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Tasty

« Reply #562 on: June 10, 2019, 11:44:12 PM »
Me as a Crystal Chronicles fan during all this

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #563 on: June 10, 2019, 11:46:26 PM »

[close]

The Last Remnant,

The World Ends With You,

I've been meaning to play this. Maybe after Persona Q2 (after I finish Ace Attorney and Operation Darkness, which I'm slowly doing due to work, One Piece/DBZ, and other shit)

Radiant Historia.

I'm talking in terms of battle systems (FF12's is the best, IMO because it removes the tedium of the bullshit of menus-upon-menus) and battle system revolution (AI's being used, FF12/Persona 3 being the few that actually used them pretty well).

I mean, shit... I'd kill for a Parasite Eve 2 style combat system in a JRPG: Players moving about the field, firing guns/swinging swords and having Magic be casted in real-time and if damaged: tough shit, you have to recast and your MP was spent.

Persona 3 is NOT what I call a good example of AI use. Can't remember how many times I died because Mitsuru decided to cast Marin Karin instead of exploiting a bosses weakness. I loved the game but that was extremely frustrating.

Hell, DQ4 on the NES had smarter AI companions.

I also disagree with how "evolved" battle systems to a lot of people tend to mean "make it more real time". And sometimes it pays to not radically reinvent the wheel time and time again. DQXI is much more fun to play than any of the past few FFs, even though its battle system is just a refinement of something that's been around for more than 30 years.
^_^

thetylerrob

« Reply #564 on: June 10, 2019, 11:46:32 PM »
I never actually got to play CC the correct way because of all the extraneous bullshit that it required. I'm hype.

Himu

« Reply #565 on: June 10, 2019, 11:46:32 PM »
Rah you're full of shit. You laughed at me for being excited for my favorite FF ever being re-released but  keep listing FFXII International as if it's some miracle achievement when the shit was released on the goddamn ps2.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #566 on: June 10, 2019, 11:48:57 PM »

[close]

The Last Remnant,

The World Ends With You,

Radiant Historia.

Play TWEWY. Valkyrie Profile 2 doesn't have many menus and its battle system is incredible and forward thinking.

Players like Rah would be fine with less menus. He is, after all, cheering FF7R being action-based.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

« Reply #567 on: June 10, 2019, 11:49:01 PM »

[close]

The Last Remnant,

The World Ends With You,

Radiant Historia.

Persona 3 is NOT what I call a good example of AI use. Can't remember how many times I died because Mitsuru decided to cast Marin Karin instead of exploiting a bosses weakness. I loved the game but that was extremely frustrating.

Persona 3's AI is fine for what it's doing. Most people can't "micromanage"/shift the AI when it needs to be shifted. If you're on critical health: Mitsuru will not cast Marin Karin on you, she'll actually heal you.

If you're not on critical health (during your turn) and have her on "Heal/Support" then yeah, she's going to decide to do Marin Karin instead.

This is problem for most folks: They set their AI gambits on certain things when the system isn't really meant for that. If you're looking to have battles be over: "Knock-Down"/"All-out Assault"->All-out Attacks will basically blow through the battles to where you don't need to worry about the AI system at all.

Anyway, making JRPG battles more "real-time" isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's the menu-bloat that is the issue. FF13(-2)'s combat system proves that since auto-battle is generally the best way of going about with the jobs instead of actually going into the menus about 99% of all combat scenarios. It's a terrible system, and needs to be fixed.

If I remember right, 13-3/LR has this sort of movement with menu system that worked fine in the demo. But not good enough for me to want to suffer Toriyama's waifu syndrome another 80 hours.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 11:53:37 PM by thisismyusername »

PogiJones

« Reply #568 on: June 10, 2019, 11:56:21 PM »

No. The remake looks great.  :punch

thisismyusername

« Reply #569 on: June 10, 2019, 11:57:14 PM »

You're getting in the way of our cat-fight. Step aside, bitch. *pushes Pogi behind him*

Rahxephon91

« Reply #570 on: June 11, 2019, 12:06:58 AM »
Play TWEWY. Valkyrie Profile 2 doesn't have many menus and its battle system is incredible and forward thinking.

Players like Rah would be fine with less menus. He is, after all, cheering FF7R being action-based.
Players like me AKA people who are open minded and aren't crying that things aren't like when I was a teen.

And cheering is such a misleading term. I'm fine with it being action based, because I don't need a REMAKE to be an exact copy of a game I already played. If the game was menu based, turn based, whatever. I'd still be interested.

But I'm also actually realistic to what the market would respond to.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #571 on: June 11, 2019, 12:08:11 AM »
I didn’t know the gaming side had this much intense fighting!
serge

Himu

« Reply #572 on: June 11, 2019, 12:12:20 AM »
Open-minded. lol

My favorite FF in FFVIII. I think XII is the best overall FF in terms of gameplay. I like every FF between 1 and 12, I ADORE X-2 when people fucking hated it. I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to FF. I just don't like it being an action game. I truly feel that should be left for spin offs and see nothing wrong with feeling that way.

And the crux of this is....

Players like me AKA people who are open minded and aren't crying that things aren't like when I was a teen.

If the game was menu based, turn based, whatever. I'd still be interested.

There's a difference between being open-minded and being a whore.  You openly admit you'd be fine with whatever they make.

And let's be real. If FFVII were command-based, had visible enemies it'd still sell well by virtue of being FFVII.

Instead, they've decided to make it action-based because it'd sell best even if though it's not in the spirit of the original game. They're whores. Just like you are. Anything for that dough and it's not worth respecting.
IYKYK

remy

« Reply #573 on: June 11, 2019, 12:12:45 AM »
resetera bad vibes are leaking

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #574 on: June 11, 2019, 12:14:47 AM »
Shit, Cindi!
serge

Rahxephon91

« Reply #575 on: June 11, 2019, 12:18:47 AM »
There's a difference between being open-minded and being a whore.  You openly admit you'd be fine with whatever they make.
Which you don't seem to know the difference. Saying I'd be interested is'nt making a judgement of the quality. You're not a whore, because you're interested and open to see whats going to happen to your favorite series. You'd be a whore if you liked every single thing regardless. No where am I saying I'm going to 100% like the combat. I don't like XV's combat.

A whore would maybe spend $200 on a game they have no idea how its going to turn out based on name only though......

And let's be real. If FFVII were command-based, had visible enemies it'd still sell well by virtue of being FFVII.
Maybe, but XV no doubt sold as well as it did because of it's action combat.

And oh no they REMADE the game as an actual modern game and how dare they make it with market conventions in mind.

OH NO THEY DID THE THING THAT EVERY BIG GAME DOES. THE HORROR.

You can never praise RE2 Remake if this is your logic. Becuse you'd be an idiot to think that making it an over the shoulder shooter wasn't the same line of thinking.

And don't you dare try to fall back on "oh well they still stayed true to the spirt" which is some vague nonsense. VII Remake still seems to be doing the same. YOU just don't like it.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 12:22:56 AM by Rahxephon91 »

PogiJones

« Reply #576 on: June 11, 2019, 12:21:46 AM »

You're getting in the way of our cat-fight. Step aside, bitch. *pushes Pogi behind him*

"Post in other threads!"
1 day later
"Not this one!"

:ufup

Himu

« Reply #577 on: June 11, 2019, 12:25:59 AM »
20 years ago Squaresoft were artists. Yeah, they didn't always make perfect stuff and their dialogue could be cheesy but they really were trying to push shit. Fucking Balance is Restored was a 20 minute song featured on a 20 minute ending - without interruptions - that fit on a SNES sound chip.

Final Fantasy VII is about a group of bad people who do things like eco-terrorism, emotionally abuse their supposed partners, killed innocents, and even stole. There people decide to die together to hopefully redeem themselves and fulfill their departed friends last wish - to help the planet.

That game introduced an entire generation to Final Fantasy and RPGs, myself among them.

Now twenty year later they decide to make it action-based, say they're aiming for people who weren't even fans of FFVII? And I'm supposed to just grin and accept it?

Squaresoft were artists. They were boundary pushers and now they take 5-7 years (it was in development a year before it was announced and it's still a year away), to remake the game and they can only squeeze in the first locale.

Squaresoft looked at the stars. Square Enix looks at the dollar signs.

Fuck them.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

« Reply #578 on: June 11, 2019, 12:26:13 AM »

"Post in other threads!"
1 day later
"Not this one!"

:ufup

Post in other threads: Yes. Posting your terrible opinions when we're having a fight over said opinion: No.

Read the room, bb.

And go take a shower and put deodorant on. :-*
[close]

Rahxephon91

« Reply #579 on: June 11, 2019, 12:28:25 AM »
20 years ago Squaresoft were artists. Yeah, they didn't always make perfect stuff and their dialogue could be cheesy but they really were trying to push shit. Fucking Balance is Restored was a 20 minute song featured on a 20 minute ending - without interruptions - that fit on a SNES sound chip.

Final Fantasy VII is about a group of bad people who do things like eco-terrorism, emotionally abuse their supposed partners, killed innocents, and even stole. There people decide to die together to hopefully redeem themselves and fulfill their departed friends last wish - to help the planet.

That game introduced an entire generation to Final Fantasy and RPGs, myself among them.

Now twenty year later they decide to make it action-based, say they're aiming for people who weren't even fans of FFVII? And I'm supposed to just grin and accept it?

Squaresoft were artists. They were boundary pushers and now they take 5-7 years (it was in development a year before it was announced and it's still a year away), to remake the game and they can only squeeze in the first locale.

Fuck them.
In Summary:

I'm not a teenager anymore and they don't make things for me or things that effect me anymore.

Ok we're done here.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 12:36:36 AM by Rahxephon91 »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #580 on: June 11, 2019, 12:32:24 AM »
Romancing SaGa 3 coming to Vita

MEANS LIFE
fat

Himu

« Reply #581 on: June 11, 2019, 12:34:43 AM »

Fuck them.
In Summary:

I'm not a teenager anymore and they don't make things for me or things that effect me anymore.

Ok we're done here.

Yeah, people should just take being told by something they really care about cherish they don't matter anymore lying down. Fuck off. Is this truly the extent of your rebuttal? It's pathetic.

You barely have an argument. It's just non sequitur after non sequitur and insults. Where's the substance? I'm sure it's where ever SE left FF.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #582 on: June 11, 2019, 12:36:48 AM »
Because thats what this all comes down to.

You want to idiotically compare making games in the reality of 2019 to 1997 with stupid appeals to the heart and un-measurable quantities as "artisim" "creativity" and " oh they just want money".  Who can even argue with you when you start bringing this to some stupid emotional level? Sorry they don't make FF games for you. Get over it. VII Remake looks like a well made game with care and love put into it. And clearly has artistic ambition. Sorry, it also is costly game made in today's HD generation. Sorry it's made by a company also trying to get a grip with HD development. Sorry it's made by a company that has to balance creative and economic realities. One's different then those in 97. Sorry, that VII Remake is not the PS1 game.

And actually yes I do expect that. When people grow out of things they usually get the fuck over it and stop crying.

Unless your a Transformer Gen 1 fan.

You barely have an argument. It's just non sequitur after non sequitur and insults. Where's the substance? I'm sure it's where ever SE left FF.
No I have an argument. You're just dumb and can't get over that things aren't made for you.

Let me cliff note it for you.

HD Games are hard to make.
A AAA HD game has things it would have to do to sell well.
Square despite it's problems has still made and published plenty of games. Arguments about thier incompetence are misleading.
Square still makes good games.
No one is a fanboy just because they can accept changes and realities of modern video games.
FFVII Remakes development and project structure is'nt as bad as you people make it seem.
Who knows how long and expanded the Midgar section is.
Get over yourself.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 12:45:39 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Himu

« Reply #583 on: June 11, 2019, 12:45:42 AM »
Why do you assume I want the game to be the ps1 game?

My expectations for a remake:

- Rearrange the story
- Pre-rendered bgs or static bgs to mimic pre-rendered bgs like FFX-2
- An evolution on FFX-2 ATB. Speed it up, have more environmental-based combat to make it even more flashy. FFX-2 ATB is ATB perfected and it has NEVER been iterated upon and I think it's perfect for VII remake.
- Visible enemies
- Much harder difficulty.
- More sidequests
- Take the game and expand upon its grey story and themes. Make the characters even more ruthless.
- A better script and especially better English translation.

I don't want the same thing. I wanted the game but better. We are not getting that. We are getting a totally different game. Yet you seem to be unable to recognize why some people won't have a problem with that because you have a stick up your ass.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #584 on: June 11, 2019, 12:47:11 AM »
Anyhoo praise jeebus for ff8 on switch  8)

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #585 on: June 11, 2019, 12:50:25 AM »
lmao ff fight in 2019 :doge
Hi

Himu

« Reply #586 on: June 11, 2019, 12:51:10 AM »
I can't think of any other entertainment medium where genuine fans are told to just accept that "IT'S NOT FOR YOU!!!" when it's a remake of something you care about. It's like if Blizzard decided to remake Diablo and then made it turn based and Diablo fans rightly have a problem with that because they liked how it was before and then some fucker goes and says,"IT'S NOT FOR YOU!!!" There's entitlement and then there's that. I can’t think of a single game remake where people tell fans of the original to just suck it up and accept that it’s not for them.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #587 on: June 11, 2019, 12:52:00 AM »
Why do you assume I want the game to be the ps1 game?

My expectations for a remake:

- Rearrange the story-Hmm aren't they doing that?
- Pre-rendered bgs or static bgs to mimic pre-rendered bgs like FFX-2
- An evolution on FFX-2 ATB. Speed it up, have more environmental-based combat to make it even more flashy. FFX-2 ATB is ATB perfected and it has NEVER been iterated upon and I think it's perfect for VII remake.
- Visible enemies
- Much harder difficulty.
- More sidequests
- Take the game and expand upon its grey story and themes. Make the characters even more ruthless.
- A better script and especially better English translation.

I don't want the same thing. I wanted the game but better. We are not getting that. We are getting a totally different game. Yet you seem to be unable to recognize why some people won't have a problem with that because you have a stick up your ass.
Eh there's nothing that would really dispute that they aren't doing any of that except the the pre-renderd BGS which is actually a dumb idea. Why would a modern 3D FF game have pre-rendered BGS? It's a 2019 rpg. People want to explore and interactive world. And the battle system. Which again, you can't explain why an action battle system is bad beyond "woe I don't like it, here's a stupid appeal to the heart type argument".

We are getting a possibly better game. You just have the stick up your ass and can't accept that there are going to be modern changes that just don't correlate with your idea of better. You can't recgonise that these changes don't make for an automatically worse game. You can't seperate your wants from what this game can be. Your the problem.

Himu

« Reply #588 on: June 11, 2019, 12:55:02 AM »
I'm through with this conversation.
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #589 on: June 11, 2019, 12:55:07 AM »
I will never buy a mainline Final Fantasy with an action rpg battle system, if that means I never buy FF again, I'm okay with that.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #590 on: June 11, 2019, 12:57:32 AM »
Romancing SaGa 3 coming to Vita

MEANS LIFE
In the year of our discontinued vita lord 2019?  :crazy

Himu

« Reply #591 on: June 11, 2019, 01:00:01 AM »
Agreed Momo. I was fine with it Crisis Core. It's a spin off. But remaking FFVII and giving it an action- rpg battle system. I don't like it and I don't need to justify why I don't like it.

FFVIII looks really good. The question is if they'd changed anything from the game. FF remakes tend to have balance changes.

IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #592 on: June 11, 2019, 01:00:05 AM »
I can't think of any other entertainment medium where genuine fans are told to just accept that "IT'S NOT FOR YOU!!!" when it's a remake of something you care about. It's like if Blizzard decided to remake Diablo and then made it turn based and Diablo fans rightly have a problem with that because they liked how it was before and then some fucker goes and says,"IT'S NOT FOR YOU!!!" There's entitlement and then there's that. I can’t think of a single game remake where people tell fans of the original to just suck it up and accept that it’s not for them.
Um every forum of media that has lasted a while and has fans that can't accept that things change.

Fans like:

X-men fans who can't accept that the 90s are over.
Batman fans who can't accept that he has sidekicks.
James Bond fans who can't accept that the movies tried to be more realistic.
Star Wars fans who don't want anything but the original trilogy.
Gundam fans who just want the UC.
Warcraft fans mad about WoW

and so on.

All long in the tooth franchises have fans who can't accept that the thing they like has changed over time and with time. And then annoyingly hate on new installments regardless if they are remakes or not.

"How dare they touch this classic X-men story"
"This remake of Casino Royale is dumb"
"Fuck them they are just remaking A New Hope"
"They are just copying UC, this show is stupid"
"Man it was really dumb what Rob Zombie did to Michel Myers. That origin was stupid"
"These new Power Rangers are lame and the stories not as good as Mighty Motphin"

"How dare they remake this. The main character is'nt supposed to be ___"

And I think you're misreading. I'm not saying it's not for you as a general idea or "well clearly this is made for new fans". I'm speaking directly to you. You're the type of fan who is'nt open minded to anything that dosen't 100% cater to thier likes. Thier are plenty of older fans who aren't like this. And clearly just by fact that it exists Square is making this game for them.

I'm through with this conversation.
Thank god. But I'm sure when the game comes out, you'll cry more.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 01:04:54 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Himu

« Reply #593 on: June 11, 2019, 01:10:20 AM »
It's starting to become clear why it took you so long to lose your virginity, Rah.

You're just a fucking asshole no matter who you communicate with. A sniveling asshole.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #594 on: June 11, 2019, 01:13:31 AM »
I lost my virginity when I was 18. I don't think it took that long.

Oh please, as if you aren't also super obnoxious when it comes to talking about these games.

Only difference is I don't try to pull the smug  "I'm a true fan" card you always do when these arguments happen.

Either way, you're the worst kind of enthusiast. Everything sucks that dosen't cater to me is your thought process.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 01:18:45 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Himu

« Reply #595 on: June 11, 2019, 01:18:15 AM »
You're a fucking asshole because you have been condescending this entire conversation. Hell, it's not even a conversation. It's just you continuously making assumption after assumption about how I can't accept change or how I'm no longer a teenager. I have no regrets going off the cuff here, but you're an asshole. You constantly defend and if anyone ever goes out of their way to disagree with you you insult them. Rather than understanding my (valid) concerns you keep casting them aside like they don't matter all because you think I have déclassé taste.

I look forward to FFVIII remake and you make some smart ass remark about how it's only done to appease to old fans.

At least they announced VIII Remaster to appease annoying old FF fans.

You passive aggressive mother fucker.

You're an asshole and fuck you and your "I'm above it" and "I'm with it" fucking bullshit.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #596 on: June 11, 2019, 01:21:37 AM »
Eh before that post...

Who cares, Rah. Are you telling them not announce DQ games? Suck a fat one.

Better yet go suck off Nomura

I did'nt start off about defending anything. I did'nt reply to your obvious "lets shit on Remake posts".

But because I don't think the game looks bad you decided to post that.

I mean...kind of looks like you started this..

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Himu

« Reply #598 on: June 11, 2019, 01:27:41 AM »
Let's talk about the fact that because I happen to like upgraded versions of originals you talk down to me as if I'm some outdated mother fucker who apparently lacks your taste and insight.

I express my excitement of my favorite Final Fantasy getting the treatment it deserves and you decide to use that as an example of my apparent lack of taste because I'm satisfied with refinement and not full on reimaginings while at the same time listing fucking FFXII International, a fucking a port of a ps2 game with barely any new features, as evidence that Square Enix isn't floundering in their own bullshit.

Again, fuck you. You're not above shit you vapid mother fucker.

IYKYK

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #599 on: June 11, 2019, 01:33:26 AM »
The Action/ATB Hybrid system looked slick as shit

Made me a Belieber
___