Author Topic: Game  (Read 10479 times)

Himu

Re: Switch Lite announced - $199, no dock, no TV-out, has d-pad.
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2019, 04:48:46 PM »
Funny because many switch owners say switch has way, way too many games and I believe them.
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2019, 04:49:49 PM »
 :mynicca

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2019, 05:08:57 PM »
Imagine buying a WiiU and not a Switch because of the library :snicker

Tasty

« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2019, 05:26:01 PM »

Switch it up.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2019, 07:21:34 PM »
Switch really gives me “playin with my old brick gameboy in a tree” vibes when I play it in my hammock, can’t wait to really stroke that nostalgia boner when the LA remake comes out, I used to beat it like once a day in the summer eating plums in a plum tree.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2019, 10:09:02 PM »
can’t wait to really stroke that

I used to beat it like once a day in the summer

:beavis :beavis :beavis :beavis
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2019, 01:49:33 PM »
Switch really gives me “playin with my old brick gameboy in a tree” vibes when I play it in my hammock, can’t wait to really stroke that nostalgia boner when the LA remake comes out, I used to beat it like once a day in the summer eating plums in a plum tree.

Tasty

« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2019, 10:53:46 PM »

🤤

Bebpo

« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2019, 02:09:34 PM »
Is that a real color scheme? Looks nice for AC.

Tasty

« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2019, 02:10:24 PM »
It's fan-made. :(

If it were real I'd have to consider buying it, so maybe that's a good thing.

Occam

« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2019, 10:54:19 AM »
By the way, the d-pad placement is wrong. It should be above the left stick, on the same level as the face buttons on the right. Basically like PS Vita or Wii U Pro Controller.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2019, 12:13:15 PM »
Nah

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2019, 12:26:37 PM »
Since preorders are up I grabbed one for the Pokemon version on Amazon. Dunno if I'll keep it but it's usually good to grab one in case it's looking to be rare. They sold out in like a minute so that's a good sign.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2019, 12:28:17 PM »
Cant decide whether to get this or a regular switch
dur

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2019, 12:29:47 PM »
Unless you plan to never play on a TV, I'd wait for the regular one with the better battery. Or if you have really small hands cause the Lite looks to be a good bit smaller of a device all around.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2019, 12:35:16 PM »
Here's hoping it's extra rare so I can flip it to some Pokemon mark for a dumb markup :aah

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2019, 12:37:47 PM »
with talk like that i'm not gonna let you get a bid in on it :wag

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2019, 12:44:01 PM »
Lol, rare switch. You do realise every game going forward is getting a "Switch Lite" model
fat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2019, 12:45:00 PM »
costs me nothing to preorder, if it's not looking like it'll flip well i just cancel it :yeshrug

i did the same thing for the majora's mask 3ds and sold that for $100 more than i paid

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2019, 12:47:17 PM »
Lol
fat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #140 on: July 30, 2019, 01:03:55 PM »
:gloomy

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2019, 11:28:32 AM »
Funny because many switch owners say switch has way, way too many games and I believe them.

So did Velveta owners, and they ran like shit (15FPS Ninja Gaiden. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM) or were ported to PC a year before/later.

I mean, if you love your Shitch: Cool. More power to you, but let's not beat around the bush and not say the system is an underpowered P.O.S. that gets some pretty bad ports (Hi, Bloodstained) that Nintendo fans lick the shit from because "muh first time playing it!"

Occam

« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2019, 11:49:41 AM »
A Martin Shkreli simulator? Does it end with you going to prison?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2019, 12:17:17 PM »

So did Velveta owners, and they ran like shit (15FPS Ninja Gaiden. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM) or were ported to PC a year before/later.

I mean, if you love your Shitch: Cool. More power to you, but let's not beat around the bush and not say the system is an underpowered P.O.S. that gets some pretty bad ports (Hi, Bloodstained) that Nintendo fans lick the shit from because "muh first time playing it!"

Bloodstained isn't that bad and it also gets some pretty great ports. 
 :miyamoto
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2019, 12:45:39 PM »

There's tons of games... if you're 12 y/o or the kind of fekkit that didn't have any of the other 20 platforms that played Resident Evil 5 in the last decade (and long realized it's shit anyway). And which probably offer it at a fraction of the Switch port's price right now :nope
There's a few things I thought I'd rather play on a handheld, like Capcom Beat'Em'Up Bundle, but the exclusives still can't justify the thing and everything else is just too expensive considering it's almost all retro. Rather get Megadrive Mini for a little more than the price of whatever single full priced 10 y/o Switch port.

e: also gotta wait on what deficits the new hardware is showing down the line.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 12:59:53 PM by Spieler1 »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #146 on: July 31, 2019, 01:27:18 PM »

There's tons of games... if you're 12 y/o or the kind of fekkit that didn't have any of the other 20 platforms that played Resident Evil 5 in the last decade (and long realized it's shit anyway). And which probably offer it at a fraction of the Switch port's price right now :nope
There's a few things I thought I'd rather play on a handheld, like Capcom Beat'Em'Up Bundle, but the exclusives still can't justify the thing and everything else is just too expensive considering it's almost all retro. Rather get Megadrive Mini for a little more than the price of whatever single full priced 10 y/o Switch port.

e: also gotta wait on what deficits the new hardware is showing down the line.

:snore
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #147 on: July 31, 2019, 01:31:49 PM »
:rejoice
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #148 on: July 31, 2019, 01:34:41 PM »
I get Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games and PC/Xbox for anything else. Any extra non-Nintendo games on Switch are just a bonus for me.

kingv

« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2019, 01:37:28 PM »
Also, titty games.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #151 on: July 31, 2019, 02:08:20 PM »
I like Breath of the WIld

Breath of the Wilde
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #152 on: July 31, 2019, 02:18:08 PM »
breathing in the wilderness  :whatisthis

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #153 on: July 31, 2019, 02:38:22 PM »
I get Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games and PC/Xbox for anything else. Any extra non-Nintendo games on Switch are just a bonus for me.

I've done that with other Nintendo consoles, but this one has a really good amount of multiplat/indie/ports that have made me go more PC/Switch than PC/PS4.  I play my PS4 way, way less than I used to now.
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #154 on: July 31, 2019, 03:09:02 PM »
Ubisoft of the Wild :goty2 :larry

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #155 on: July 31, 2019, 03:10:06 PM »
The dark, dark secret of the Switch is that people gushing about "all these games" just want to play them on a handheld, because they are bad people with bad taste that should feel bad. The Switch's library is like 3 great exclusives (Fire Emblem, Mario Odyssey, and Breath of the Wild but I mean I guess you could count the weeeeooo version whatever) and a bunch of ports and indie jank, it's just that people like playing shit on handhelds for some ungodly reason.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Swtich's entire existence is justified by giving us Three Houses, bless up fam
[close]
yar

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2019, 03:13:22 PM »
But you can play Diablo whilst poopin, so 

Tasty

« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2019, 03:26:37 PM »
The dark, dark secret of the Switch is that people gushing about "all these games" just want to play them on a handheld, because they are bad people with bad taste that should feel bad. The Switch's library is like 3 great exclusives (Fire Emblem, Mario Odyssey, and Breath of the Wild but I mean I guess you could count the weeeeooo version whatever) and a bunch of ports and indie jank, it's just that people like playing shit on handhelds for some ungodly reason.

The Swtich's entire existence is justified by giving us Three Houses, bless up fam
[close]

OK, but for comparison, what do you consider great exclusives for the PS4?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2019, 03:30:39 PM »
time for List Warz? :rejoice

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #159 on: July 31, 2019, 03:35:27 PM »

[close]

The dark, dark secret of video games in general this gen is that each platform only has a couple* of great exclusives. IDK I guess if you're into soulsborne games, Bloodborne is a great game you can only play on PS4. I am not, so ymmv. Other people really liked HZD, I thought it was ok. Dad of War? I bought it for $20 and haven't opened it yet. With the HD consoles you're really just paying for a box that will play multiplat stuff in higher resolutions on your teevee. I mostly game on my pc.

*not counting the Xbone, which has none lol
yar

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2019, 03:50:13 PM »
Dad of War fucking rules
püp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2019, 03:56:30 PM »

[close]

The dark, dark secret of video games in general this gen is that each platform only has a couple* of great exclusives. IDK I guess if you're into soulsborne games, Bloodborne is a great game you can only play on PS4. I am not, so ymmv. Other people really liked HZD, I thought it was ok. Dad of War? I bought it for $20 and haven't opened it yet. With the HD consoles you're really just paying for a box that will play multiplat stuff in higher resolutions on your teevee. I mostly game on my pc.

*not counting the Xbone, which has none lol

The dark, dark secret of video games in general this gen is that
PC is far and away the best platform for gaming now.
[close]

Very much agree with pretty much everything that you said, but I think Nintendo has just knocked it out of the park with their fist-party games and exclusives.  YMMV and all that.  Sony went really downhill this gen IMO.  Their Japan Studio feels like its barely there and then all their western games are "AAA" cinematic third-person action games and :zzz.  I like me some Uncharted but that's all I was able to get into. 

And then Microsoft...uh- I appreciate not having to bother with an Xbone since just about everything is on PC, but...where are their games not called "Forza?"  Not even sure I want to bother with Woke-Gears anyway.
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2019, 04:05:06 PM »
I think the true dark secret is that all of these games could have been done on the 360 with worse graphics but otherwise minimal changes.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2019, 04:06:36 PM »
I think the true dark secret is that all of these games could have been done on the 360 with worse graphics but otherwise minimal changes.

...So basically what's going on with the Switch.  :P
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2019, 04:07:55 PM »
Gears 4 issue wasn't wokeness, it was having like 57842374098 kinds of lootboxes in MP, including sponsored lootboxes. :doge Luckily Gears 5 is supposed to be removing that nonsense.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2019, 04:08:49 PM »
Gears 4 issue wasn't wokeness, it was having like 57842374098 kinds of lootboxes in MP, including sponsored lootboxes. :doge Luckily Gears 5 is supposed to be removing that nonsense.

I stopped playing Gears 4 really fast.  Just got bored.

Gears 5 is the woke one though.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2019, 04:12:07 PM »
Is it? I just saw Kate was the main character. As long as it's fun I can deal. Never much cared about the Gears story. The technical beta or whatever they did recently felt good on PC and Xbone so I'm in.

Plus it's free with Gamepass on both systems anyway :rejoice

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2019, 05:41:10 PM »
Microsoft first party is like most Netflix originals.
Fun for a short time but nothing memorable and talent goes to waste.

Just look at Control vs. the Microsoft produced Quantum Break. Which by the way was named "Control" because Remedy themselves are in Control of the direction.
Hell, not even a god tier developer like Hideki Kamiya could finish a game with Microsoft looking over his shoulder.

But they got Sea of Thieves. Hey, did you guys play Sea of Thieves yet? There's some real Thieving in the Seas!
🤴

kingv

« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2019, 07:15:50 PM »
All the Microsoft chine first party games feel sort of “off” like they decided to try to cheap out on the production values or something.

I can put my finger on exactly what elements make them feel cheaply done, but they always have this sort of shovelware quality to things that aren’t central to the game play.

Like the voice acting is bad, the menus are ugly, the interface kind of sucks, etc.

Sony 1st party stuff is just very safe and sort of uninteresting. Lots of graphical spectacle over so-so games. In truth I could do without the first party contributions of either console this gen. Nintendo is the only one making good first Party games anymore.