Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Three Houses Hogsona thread of pick your waifu  (Read 25340 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses Hogsona thread of pick your waifu
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2019, 05:09:11 PM »
So does anyone know exactly how all the classes affect character growth?

For example, I assigned Byleth (she’s bi) as a thief, because I tend to like those high dex , speedy, high crit characters in FE.

What I don’t understand is if this will actually affect how her stats grow or how she gains affinity to weapons.

Like my Petra is also a thief, but she mostly uses a bow, because she’s actually quite good with one.

I have Edelgard as an armored knight. She’s pretty good in thst role too.
Reclass Edie as a lord now. That's her best class. I mean, fully armored dude, mage, cavalry one attack, DEAD.

As for Hubert. The entire black eagle clan is secretly 'evil'. It always comes up in these support conversations.

"Oh Hi Caspar, you're doing great I really appreciate you!"
"Thank you Edelgard!  :heart"

"NOW IF I WERE TO ASK YOU TO KILL YOUR OWN FAMILY BECAUSE THEY BETRAYED ME WOULD YOU DO IT?"

The only naively good person is Dorothea but she hates Ferdie and is just thirsty all the time.
Lindhart and Bernadetta know what's going on but are clearly picking the "Wir haben das nicht gewusst" strategy.
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2019, 05:40:45 PM »
As for Hubert. The entire black eagle clan is secretly 'evil'. It always comes up in these support conversations.

Eventually everyone will join the Dark Side.

(Chapter 5)
spoiler (click to show/hide)
I recruited Sylvain and made him strike down his brother.  :delicious
[close]
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2019, 05:42:39 PM »
Sylvain was the easiest to recruit. I walked up to him, said: "Wanna join" after all the Waifu's said no. and he was like: "Sure whatevs"  :doge
🤴

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2019, 05:44:23 PM »
Yeah, he was my first recruit.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2019, 06:22:32 PM »
I never bothered to level my avatar's reason early in the game, but I really should have, so I never recruited Sylvain.

I'm sure I'll have to kill him next chapter or two, I'm finally fighting the Alliance and this chapter will be the end of Lysithea, Hilda, and Claude.
[close]
yar

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2019, 10:01:21 PM »
Edelgard :jeb
dog

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2019, 11:56:05 PM »
I honestly wonder if the other lords are as OP as Edelgard, her high resistance growth means she can almost solo maps by herself later in the game

On normal/classic dimitri is pretty op, even more than felix who's ridiculous. Shamir falls off hard  :(

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2019, 09:07:39 PM »
Chapter 15 just keeps feeding me more battles that don't cost a battle point after I finish one, so I'm just basically almost solo grinding them with my avatar to level up his Reason so i can make him a Mortal Savant.

Looks like I'm gonna retire Shamir and Bernadetta, unfortunately. Their stat growths just didn't work out. Same thing happened to Ferdinand in favor of Leonie a while ago. Say hello to the prime time, Felix and Lysithea. (Although goddamn I wish they didn't feel the need to put a loli in as fanservice, sigh. So gross.)
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2019, 05:20:32 AM »
I think I've failed like...six straight class promotions that were supposedly 73% chance of success? Doesn't seem right

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2019, 11:29:07 AM »
I think I've failed like...six straight class promotions that were supposedly 73% chance of success? Doesn't seem right

I think I've failed every one that wasn't 100%.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2019, 11:56:19 AM »
I haven't bothered trying any for less than 66%, and I've hit more than I've missed, but man does failing a 70something% chance suck. And it does seem like it happens way too often.
yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2019, 12:22:46 PM »
Got one for Edie at like 55% and Byleth at 60%.

Other characters I've seen fail up to 90%.  :doge
🤴

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2019, 04:49:13 PM »
so like how unbearably weeb is this game

should I play it
püp

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2019, 05:12:19 PM »

should I play it

Like, not as weeb as Persona or Xenosaga (shudders) but moderately weeb.

Yes you should play it, duh
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2019, 05:18:24 PM »
It doesn't have any pantsu, if that's what you're worried about.
dog

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2019, 05:28:36 PM »
Will my girlfriend judge me if I play it

moreso than usual that is
püp

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2019, 05:37:28 PM »
Will my girlfriend judge me if I play it

moreso than usual that is

I can't imagine your gf isn't already pegging you so who cares
yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2019, 06:02:27 PM »
*drinks tea with animu waifu's*

"Yep, this is not weeb at all"

Anyway leveling is going good. Got most of my bois and girls on at least a B on one of their skills.
I must say I'm surprised at how well they executed the being a professor thing with counselling, teaching and having to learn what makes all these characters tick to motivate them.  :doge

I think there's some hidden mechanics at play as well. Because I wanted to train some of my low level characters I didn't deploy Edelgard and opted for some tea time and a tournament earlier in the month instead.
Her motivation for the classes instantly dropped to 0.
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2019, 06:54:13 PM »
When I was trying to recruit Raphael (he makes the best tank in the game, for the record) I kept inviting him to tea parties to build support, so that was pretty hilarious to witness, this big huge dude drinking tea

:phil
yar

kingv

« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2019, 06:57:34 PM »
It doesn't have any pantsu, if that's what you're worried about.

So yes you’re girlfriend will probably suspect you are gay.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2019, 10:32:35 PM »

should I play it

yes

yes
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2019, 10:52:58 PM »
I'm regretting playing this on Normal, I'm face-rolling everything. Do the battles ever get harder? I finished a Chapter 10 side quest battle in two turns and took 2hp of damage (!) total on the entire map. I'm trying to avoid doing any unnecessary battles but I'm a simple man, I see Side Quest or Paralogue battles and I do them.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2019, 12:02:12 AM »
I'm regretting playing this on Normal, I'm face-rolling everything. Do the battles ever get harder? I finished a Chapter 10 side quest battle in two turns and took 2hp of damage (!) total on the entire map. I'm trying to avoid doing any unnecessary battles but I'm a simple man, I see Side Quest or Paralogue battles and I do them.

Nah, sadly I'm on Ch 16 and am just facerolling everything. This is just an easier FE game. Next playthrough I'll play on hard and see how it is.
yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2019, 06:23:08 AM »
I'm steamrolling everything also.
Which only seems just  :phil
Ferdie, Hubie, Dorothea and Byleth are murdering everyone for their queen :salute

Hubert is one scary psychopath though. Not sure how he managed to get into these classes and basically gets away with threatening everyone.  :doge
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2019, 10:48:17 AM »
I'm gonna beat the game today I think. Or my first playthrough of it anyway.
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #148 on: August 04, 2019, 03:47:21 PM »
There's a pretty steep difficulty jump in the Ch 17 story battle :doge
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2019, 04:57:44 PM »
Kinda dumb that talking to Edelgard in February
forces you to immediately decide whether to YASS QUEEN or not, and if you do, it basically just skips the rest of the month. It's not a big deal since you probably will have saved right before that, but they could have easily put an "I'm not ready yet" answer to let you back out and finish up other stuff first.
[close]
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2019, 05:26:57 PM »
Kinda dumb that talking to Edelgard in February
forces you to immediately decide whether to YASS QUEEN or not, and if you do, it basically just skips the rest of the month. It's not a big deal since you probably will have saved right before that, but they could have easily put an "I'm not ready yet" answer to let you back out and finish up other stuff first.
[close]

Yeah fortunately I had saved right before that so I could reload and then wait to talk to her until the end of the month
[close]

Black Eagles playthrough done

Apparently if you get teammates to A support ranks they'll get married in the epilogue. Linhardt and Petra went back to Brigid and rapidly industrialized the country thanks to his nerd ass. Hubert and Bernadetta got married weirdly enough. I waifu'd Dorothea cause Edelgard is married to her job, fuck a bunch of that. Felix and Leonie started their own mercenary company after the war.

I expected there to be another chapter or two after what ended up being the final battle to clean up Those Who Slither in the Dark (dumbest name ever) but they just said there was a long battle to wipe them out in the epilogue. Maybe DLC? Interested to see how everything looks from the other house's perspectives and how shit plays out.

Game is pretty fuckin great, I wish you could turn off the feature that shows where enemy units will attack and that it was a little bit harder before the last two battles. Otherwise they absolutely knocked it all out of the park.
[close]

Time for a Blue Lions playthrough I guess.
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2019, 07:02:56 PM »
Apparently there’s four more chapters if you
oppose Edelgard?
[close]
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2019, 07:09:08 PM »
So I sat down and went through the school tutorials and got to the mock battle and past it and I've got some questions:

1. When do the crest things with the old-school triangle open up? Because that first battle was basically level up your main guy and steam roll everyone with 1-2 characters.

2. What do the beginner classes do? It looks like changing from commoner/noble added like 1 point of str or something really minor. Is there any major change going into a class?

3. Any way to repair weapons at the school since they keep their degradation? Or are you just supposed to keep buying new weapons to replace them.

4. Does it matter if you skip most of the school, sidequests and relationship building stuff because I don't like school in my videogames outside Persona. I just want to pre-battle setup -> story -> battle -> repeat.

Non-questions thoughts:

-Man that framerate is rough in the school. Almost gives me a headache. Feels like it was made for a different system and ported down instead of made from ground up.

-So by mid-battle in the first mock battle I'm already really missing the hard saves available in most modern srpgs. With all the handholding stuff they've put in FE I'm surprised they still have the age old bullshit of delete your battle saves when you load them. SRPG fights are long and I don't have the patience to redo them from scratch these days. Any way to cheese the save system in this? Yeah I know there is a rewind option unlocked at some point but like in the mock battle I was near the end with one school down when 2 enemies double-teamed by Noble house leader bow guy and instant killed him from full HP and game over'd the whole map. I imagine if you run into instant fail-conditions you can't rewind because it's already game over? Or does the game let you rewind from the game over screen? I might be ok with the rewind system if the latter works.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2019, 11:26:22 PM »
1. Are you talking about getting abilities to take advantage of the concept of the weapon triangle? Maybe 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through the game. They're advanced skills.

2. You're not going to be in the beginner's classes for long. They affect growth rates a little bit on top of your characters specific growth rates. I'll put a link below. Once you get into intermediate classes, then you'll start getting class skills specific to certain classes.

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/classes/growth-rates/

3. Yes, you will unlock a blacksmith later in the game. Patience, young padawan.

4. Not really, but doing sidequests gets you renown, which you can use to improve your characters/professor. Not doing anything to improve your students motivation will result in generally unmotivated students that learn at a slower pace. Not specifically setting their goals will result in less useful units. You can just use the default goals and auto-instruct, but you will have better characters if you do it yourself and take the time to learn it. In a week, you are going to make a post where you're like "ugh got destroyed on this chapter, why does my team suck?" and the answer is going to be "you didn't want to take the time and effort to shape your team." That's like the most predictable Bebpo-related shit ever. ::)

re: the save system- don't be a wuss. Once you unlock rewinds you can use them, and yes, if you encounter a situation where your lord or chapter specific character dies, you can use a rewind if you have any remaining.

Jesus I can already tell I'm going to be vexed with you.
yar

Bebpo

« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2019, 11:42:31 PM »
Yeah on the first one I mean the weapon triangle, aka a reason to not just have my MC with a sword run up and kill everyone while being healed.

Jesus I can already tell I'm going to be vexed with you.

Wouldn't have it any other way ;)

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2019, 11:43:03 PM »
On normal difficulty the tensest moments happen in the school portions. Going for a perfect teatime with Marianne :whew

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2019, 11:47:51 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/makeinuencore/status/1155853823031689216

While you were trying to figure out who the fuck gets this fucking tea set, I was practicing the blade
o_0

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2019, 09:48:23 AM »
Haven't beat the game yet, but I'm already getting hyped for New Game+. Spending Renown to buy back your skills/ranks/s-links seems like a decent balance between not everything and not being killing the entire map with one attack.
©@©™

kingv

« Reply #158 on: August 05, 2019, 11:53:18 AM »
Crazy how unfinished this game is;

- no mode where I can stroke they faces
- no hot springs to bathe in with my hoes
- no mode where I can put them in bathing suits and have them pose for pictures
- no mode where I can spray milk and or lemonade on them with a water gun

It’s basically mass effect andromeda 2.0.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: August 05, 2019, 03:05:16 PM »
There's a sauna in the game that you can't go in. Clearly DLC shenanigans are afoot.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2019, 03:22:28 PM »
There's a sauna in the game that you can't go in. Clearly DLC shenanigans are afoot.

:phil
yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2019, 06:56:34 PM »
Did a fun side mission today

Dorothea prevented Ingrid from marrying a bad dude who sent rogues after us. Dorothea seems to have dated the entire Fire Emblem: Three Houses universe.
[close]
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #163 on: August 06, 2019, 07:50:09 PM »
All the tea time with Marianne paid off. She joined the Black Eagles.  8)
Ingrid and Mercedes are also slowly turning towards the dark side

:kermit
🤴

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #164 on: August 06, 2019, 08:19:01 PM »
Were you giving gifts to them and doing the lost item stuff? Kinda dumb you can recruit almost entire houses AND their teachers too :lol

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #165 on: August 06, 2019, 08:45:25 PM »
You should be able to recruit lots of faculty staff and knights without doing anything other than hitting level 15
yar

Rahxephon91

« Reply #166 on: August 07, 2019, 12:43:58 AM »
Got this for my trip at the end of the month. Not really into FE, hope this is good.

Bebpo

« Reply #167 on: August 07, 2019, 03:23:36 AM »
So basically you only need to do the school exploring once a month because there’s no new quests, dialogue interactions after that? So is it best to just battle every weekend after the first one and grind up your levels and skills?

In chapter 3 and units starting to get to lvl.10 and open up intermediate classes.

I still wish I could save mid-battle, I know there’s rewind and I’ve haven’t needed to use it yet but these days the more mins between saves in games the more stressful I find them because if die it means having to waste all that time again. Especially because you can easily have a unit get one shotted and with perm death and trying to do a no death run, normal saves would be helpful. I like how Super Robot Wars does it where you get one mid-battle save slot so you have to commit to what you’ve done so far but it also gives you a big lenience because if you fuck up you can just resume from the last save and try a different approach. I don’t remember, do FFT & TO have perm saves during battle?

Also I have no interest in recruiting anyone beyond my starting class of 9, so is there any point to taking to all the students and building up rep with them? I feel like from a story perspective the starting class I pick is my team and fuck these other teams that are my rivals, I don’t want to have anything to do with their students.

I’m also just using auto-instruct for the lectures? Seems good enough?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #168 on: August 07, 2019, 10:35:18 AM »
If you stick with your starting house + professor, statistically speaking 2-3 of your units will be endgame liabilities, just from RNG stat progression, not even counting any dumb choices you make like not having a tank or whatever. (Edelgard makes a fine tank if you do nothing and just let her level, fyi)

If you look at what Advanced/Mastery classes you want your characters to be and set their goals to get there, you can auto-instruct. You should DEFINITELY set two people to do a chore each week to help with that, it's a good way to train them in Flying, Heavy Armor, or Riding. There's literally no downside.

You can battle every weekend except for one if you want but it's the dumb way of going about the game. Do everything you can to raise your professor level as fast as you can is the smart way. That means gardening every week you explore, fishing whenever you have bait, answering letters in the chapel- those things cost no activity points and raise your professor level and/or build supports. If you ARE battling every Sunday except one, be sure that you look at the calendar and make sure that the following Monday after you explore has a green check mark for instruction. Because yes, YOU NEED TO FUCKING MOTIVATE YOUR STUDENTS. I don't know how many times I have to tell you, Bebpo. If you're auto-instructing them and they have no motivation they're not learning anything extra. If you don't like the dumb life sim parts of the game, well, this wasn't the game for you. Go sell it and quit complaining.

As far as recruiting, you can not recruit any other students but I really, really recommend you get the teachers/knights that are available at Lv 15. If you're Black Eagles, you are actually mostly ok as the game progresses as far as party composition as long as you get both Linhardt and Dorothea to rank C in Faith so you have two Physic users. Being able to heal from a distance with two units is pretty much a luxury you don't want to be without just in case. As for the rest of your team- they're adequate now but keep in mind you're 1/6 of the way through the game. By the 2/3 mark, my Ferdinand and Bernadetta were not really useful as battle units anymore, and Caspar had been useless since about where you're at. (I hate glass cannon units in FE though.) Petra also gets less useful as the game wears on because her STR growth sucks and she's just not doing damage anymore.

Felix- just better than Petra
Leonie- just better than Ferdinand
Alois- just better than Caspar
Shamir, Manuela, and maybe even Hanneman are likely better than Bernadetta depending on growth rates as a ranged option.

If you stop using your starting house units in battle they still show up in cut scenes as long as they're alive, though. If that matters to you.
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: August 07, 2019, 10:50:57 AM »
You could just sleep everyday for motivation, lul. #LindhartDidNothingWrong
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #170 on: August 07, 2019, 11:31:10 AM »
Do this a lot
 :kermit

I'm wondering when the difficulty picks up.
Wyvern Moon
I just did the Battle of the Eagle and the Lion. I aced it, as my bois and waifu's are level 15 - 22 and the enemies all level 10 - 15.
The music was great and I liked how unlike in the mock battles it is a proper three way battle.

It was surprisingly easy after all that hyping though so I hope the games picks up the pace from here on out.
[close]

My exploration time usually looks like this:
- Plant/Harvest/Fish/Council/Pick-up Amiibo loot
- Talk to everyone (and return lost items)
- Do the side quests (if any)
- Repair/buy gear/battalions/gifts
- Spend renown
- Tournament (if available)
- Faculty training
- Choir practice
- Tea time
- Watch all the new support scenes
- Try to recruit more waifu's
- Dinner
🤴

kingv

« Reply #171 on: August 07, 2019, 12:45:37 PM »
I haven’t really been able to recruit anybody and am not sure the best way to go about it.

Do you do the faculty training to raise your non-primary skills?

I’m outchea pwning noobs with my sword and battalions, so I’m not exactly getting a lot of riding experience.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #172 on: August 07, 2019, 01:03:37 PM »
I haven’t really been able to recruit anybody and am not sure the best way to go about it.

Do you do the faculty training to raise your non-primary skills?

I’m outchea pwning noobs with my sword and battalions, so I’m not exactly getting a lot of riding experience.
A lot of the waifu's prefer some form of magic, so doing some leveling on Reason and Faith seems to be a good strategy overall.
However, the most important part is interacting with them.

- Hand them gifts (each character description actually shows what they prefer but any 3 star gift will do)
- Have them do 'mission assistance' and keep them close to your own character so the bond builds
- Say 'yes' every time Byleth wants to check in on them
- Do tea time once that opens up (usually after a gift or 2)

For dinner I also pick one from my house and one from another house.
The skills don't matter as much as the bonding and the professor level (granted you don't completely neglect your training or leveling Byleth (which seems almost impossible)).
Some characters can also be recruited by talking to them at the right time. Shamir for example is easy to recruit.

Some characters you can recruit by just doing their (side)quests.
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #173 on: August 07, 2019, 01:09:54 PM »
Basically what Nintex said. I would add that on your first playthrough, you probably shouldn't expect to recruit a bunch of people unless you make it a priority. I ended up recruiting 5 before the timeskip, but 4 of them were on the very last chapter of availability. The 1 I recruited earlier was Raphael, and I made it a priority to get him- returned lost items, invited him to dinners, gave gifts, specifically trained in heavy armor to a D rank via faculty instruction (which is harder than most other skills because I think the only ones that offer to teach it are Alois and Gilbert)

Any faculty and knights that are available for you to recruit (it varies by house) will become available at level 15 supposedly. There are some other characters that will join via story events depending on your house and major event choices apparently.
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2019, 01:46:05 PM »
I didn’t focus on any secondary stats, and I ended up only being able to recruit two students to my class (Sylvain and Felix), even after returning most of the lost items and doing a bunch of tea time and meals.
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #175 on: August 07, 2019, 02:47:29 PM »
Ok, some good info there.

I think my problem is that I haven't played FE in 15 years and I don't remember what the point of any of this stuff is. Like why do I want flying or cavalry units? What is the point of Spear users? etc...
My memory of GBA era FE was like you had a set group of characters with set classes and weapons and you watched a cutscene and then were dropped into a map with a set group of pre-set characters & classes and you used strategy to beat the bad guys using your team. I don't remember much micro-managing between.

This seems way more complicated and I'm wondering since there's so many team build choices if you can end up 40 hours into the game with a bad team and be fucked and have to restart the whole game over? Maybe I should restart now since I'm only 5 hours in. So far I'm just having people continue in their starting weapon. So if you're a bow guy you're gonna be an archer, my MC's a sword guy so he'll be a sword tank, magic attacker -> be a magic attacker, magic healer -> be a magic healer, etc...

Again, I'm using the noble alliance gold kids which consist of my team of:

-2 bows
-2 spears
-1 axe
-1 fists
-1 magic atk
-1 magic hlr

and my sword MC. I'm also "borrowing" Dorothy for another magic attacker since y'all recommended her. So far the toughest part of the early battles are tanking since not a lot of good DEF and HP people in there. Fists dude is a good tank and my MC is a good tank and the spear/archers have pretty good dodge thankfully.

Also battalions seem like they make a pretty big stat difference especially after a few levels so I feel like I need to look into getting the right battalion for the right character more. Also equipment since I'm just using starting weapons and stuff I've picked up on the map.

My exploration time usually looks like this:
- Plant/Harvest/Fish/Council/Pick-up Amiibo loot
- Talk to everyone (and return lost items)
- Do the side quests (if any)
- Repair/buy gear/battalions/gifts
- Spend renown
- Tournament (if available)
- Faculty training
- Choir practice
- Tea time
- Watch all the new support scenes
- Try to recruit more waifu's
- Dinner

This is helpful, I've just been doing the sidequests, talking to a few people and then doing faculty training or dinner or something to use my activity points.

What's the point of all the food items you get from quests and harvesting?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #176 on: August 07, 2019, 04:26:38 PM »
Without spoiling anything, there's an event that will no longer allow you to borrow people about half way through. So, it would behoove you to recruit Dorothea at least. Borrowing her has probably already started building supports, so just level your authority and your charm has a decent growth rate and you'll get her eventually.

On paper you won't need her because you have 3(!) characters that can learn physic in their white magic progression, but only one of them is a realistic choice for a healer. Also, with your healer AND black magic user, you want to have both of them study faith and reason. You COULD teach Leonie faith magic with the end goal of having her be a Master class Holy Knight but that would suck because she won't have access to casting magic in her more useful function as an attacker until super late game when you can finally make her a holy knight. Make Raphael an armored knight asap. He can use axes and fist weapons, but he's so good with heavy armor.

This IS way more complicated than previous FE games. You have way more choice in how to craft your party, which classes they can be, etc. Generally speaking, using what they seem to be funneling you into naturally is not a bad idea, it will serve you fine. As far as flying or cavalry units, they can move farther than other units.

You shouldn't have to restart. If you feel like you fucked up with a class choice, you can just teach new skills and reclass. Yes it will consume time but less than restarting.

Battalions are OP. Use your gambits. Stride is busted.

The food you grow in the greenhouse and pick up randomly can be used in the dining hall to cook more meals. More meals = more options = more characters that you can boost motivations and supports with. Also flowers can be given as gifts to raise support.
yar

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #177 on: August 07, 2019, 04:39:09 PM »
I'm pretty close to the end I think and on normal difficulty this game is pretty easy. Even if you fuck up unit progression you can probably just steamroll late game with your character and your house leader.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #178 on: August 07, 2019, 04:53:30 PM »
The last two maps have a pretty steep spike in difficulty. But you're pretty much right, this is among the easier FE games on normal.
yar

Bebpo

« Reply #179 on: August 07, 2019, 05:05:16 PM »
Without spoiling anything, there's an event that will no longer allow you to borrow people about half way through. So, it would behoove you to recruit Dorothea at least. Borrowing her has probably already started building supports, so just level your authority and your charm has a decent growth rate and you'll get her eventually.

On paper you won't need her because you have 3(!) characters that can learn physic in their white magic progression, but only one of them is a realistic choice for a healer. Also, with your healer AND black magic user, you want to have both of them study faith and reason. You COULD teach Leonie faith magic with the end goal of having her be a Master class Holy Knight but that would suck because she won't have access to casting magic in her more useful function as an attacker until super late game when you can finally make her a holy knight. Make Raphael an armored knight asap. He can use axes and fist weapons, but he's so good with heavy armor.

This IS way more complicated than previous FE games. You have way more choice in how to craft your party, which classes they can be, etc. Generally speaking, using what they seem to be funneling you into naturally is not a bad idea, it will serve you fine. As far as flying or cavalry units, they can move farther than other units.

You shouldn't have to restart. If you feel like you fucked up with a class choice, you can just teach new skills and reclass. Yes it will consume time but less than restarting.

Battalions are OP. Use your gambits. Stride is busted.

The food you grow in the greenhouse and pick up randomly can be used in the dining hall to cook more meals. More meals = more options = more characters that you can boost motivations and supports with. Also flowers can be given as gifts to raise support.

So my healer girl (blue hair) asked to study faith only be a white mage or something
and my attack magic girl (white hair) asked to study the other one and be a warlock

I ok'd both and only have 1 healer right now. Should I change attack girl back to dual-speccing both to have another healer? Who should be the 3rd healer? Dorothea only seems to have Thunder right now and one of my spear guys (purple hair) has Fire. I've been using Vuln items to heal outside blue hair girl's healing.

And yeah the only battalion I'm using for a command gambit is stride, rest I'm just using for extra stats like avoid and hit and physical attack, magic attack boosters.

I'm pretty close to the end I think and on normal difficulty this game is pretty easy. Even if you fuck up unit progression you can probably just steamroll late game with your character and your house leader.

That's good. Having not played FE in forever and mostly being used to Super Robot Wars and maybe some FFT/TO as my go to srpgs I'm finding it challenging in the early maps because I have no tank and enemies can one shot and there's no revive skill and perm death so I don't want anyone to die. I think it'll get easier once I have a couple people with enough DEF/HP to tank some hits and protect the lower DEF/HP crew.