Author Topic: Can we have a PC Gamepass thread? The PC Gamepass thread  (Read 7421 times)

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
Re: Can we have a PC Gamepass thread? The PC Gamepass thread
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2019, 10:03:44 AM »
Wow, that's a big get.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2019, 12:39:58 PM »
never mind maybe? :fbm

https://twitter.com/ControlRemedy/status/1202638974193479680

or they just don't want xbox/pc people to stop buying it

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2019, 12:42:04 PM »
Maybe Phil just forgot some magazine/website was supposed to get an exclusive reveal.
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2019, 01:18:15 PM »
Even if it comes to gamepass, probably be one of the many console only ones, especially to not get in the way of Epic's PC deal.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2019, 02:16:51 PM »
Metro Exodus came to PC Game Pass like a month after it launched on EGS, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Control too. Everyone says Control is the game to show off raytracing so I'll wait and see cause I'm a cheapass

Bebpo

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2019, 08:42:29 PM »
Demon's Tilt - Super charged pinball table with lots of explosions and great spritework. No idea what's happening but pretty fun. Only shame is seems like it's just one really long to beat table instead of a couple tables.

Bebpo

« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2019, 08:51:25 PM »
Also apparently it's a spiritual successor to Alien Crush which I never played but can totally see. Even the music sounds similar.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2019, 08:55:41 PM »
so keen for control omg

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2019, 09:55:15 PM »
Demon's Tilt - Super charged pinball table with lots of explosions and great spritework. No idea what's happening but pretty fun. Only shame is seems like it's just one really long to beat table instead of a couple tables.
Played it for an hour or so. My eyes are too slow for this. You can even have multiple balls out at once (don't ask how, it just happened) and that was impossible to follow.

Bebpo

« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2019, 03:26:27 PM »
My Friend Pedro - I'm mixed on Devolver's indie output. There's a lot of great stuff, but some of it is also flash over substance like I thought Ape Out was. My Friend Pedro has substance, and is fun but I kinda got bored of it within an hour because the substance wears thin. Generally the substance & challenge seems to be trying to chain together as much of a full stage combo as possible, which is fun but after doing it once or twice I was good. Was hoping it'd be kinda like a 2d Stranglehold and it visually sorta is with the slow mo leaping and split aiming and stuff but otherwise it's not much like it.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2019, 01:36:57 PM »
Prey's folder is called BethesdaSoftworks.LiluDallas-Multipass_1.11.7.0_x64__3275kfvn8vcwc :confused

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2019, 02:25:15 PM »
Yeah Demons Tilt seemed coolish but a bit too random, doubt it hold interest long. Ball lacks weight and I am probably missing the usage of tilt but it kept fucking me up.  :lol

My Friend Pedro I also like less than expected. It’s pretty ok looking but tries a bit too hard. Not all that fun to play IMO, was bored by end of first level.

I am glad games like this are being made, am happy it’s MS giving them money rather than me.

Bebpo

« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2019, 02:41:18 PM »
I am glad games like this are being made, am happy it’s MS giving them money rather than me.

Yeah, pretty much.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2019, 02:44:24 PM »
demon's tilt has so much going on, its hard to follow :lol

kingv

« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2019, 08:07:23 PM »
My Friend Pedro - I'm mixed on Devolver's indie output. There's a lot of great stuff, but some of it is also flash over substance like I thought Ape Out was. My Friend Pedro has substance, and is fun but I kinda got bored of it within an hour because the substance wears thin. Generally the substance & challenge seems to be trying to chain together as much of a full stage combo as possible, which is fun but after doing it once or twice I was good. Was hoping it'd be kinda like a 2d Stranglehold and it visually sorta is with the slow mo leaping and split aiming and stuff but otherwise it's not much like it.

I have good memories of stranglehold. I played it on a submarine out to sea while I was in the navy. I had my parents send that and earth defense force in a care package and would wreck them and halo 3 in my stateroom off watch with my bunk mates and we would play that and watch Season 1 and 2 of Heroes before it was trash.

That’s like literally the only fun thing to do on a submarine other than prank people and try to spin them up for a laugh.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2019, 11:03:03 PM »
Prey's folder is called BethesdaSoftworks.LiluDallas-Multipass_1.11.7.0_x64__3275kfvn8vcwc :confused

dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2019, 04:52:16 AM »
5th Element reference.
Yeah, but why tho. I guess users can't do shit with UWP apps, so it doesn't matter what they're called, but it still caught me by surprise.

Bebpo

« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2020, 08:07:32 PM »
Frostpunk is free. Been wanting to try it since I don't have the patience for city builders but people seem to love this one.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2020, 10:29:15 PM »
Holy shit why did nobody tell me that Demon's Tilt existed

Bebpo

« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2020, 12:12:44 AM »
I like it, especially ‘cause I love pinball, but it’s fun for like 2 hours tops. Maybe that makes it perfect for game pass :doge

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2020, 09:39:14 AM »
Gris and Plague Tale are up on PC.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2020, 03:53:31 PM »
Motherfucker, I held off on Gris forever waiting for it to show in a bundle or service  and then spent like $3 last steam sale on it  :'(

Oh well, good for everyone else who hasn’t bought it.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2020, 03:56:20 PM »
I will wait hours for Plague Tale to download and then play it for 35 minutes, being amazed at the graphics but never getting pulled in.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2020, 03:56:49 PM »
Oh well, good for everyone else who hasn’t bought it.
it me

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2020, 05:29:48 PM »
Holy shit why did nobody tell me that Demon's Tilt existed

Try and play it for more than 30 mins.

I really wanted to like it but it didn’t stick. DISCLAIMER I didn’t figure out the tilt mechanic before deleting.  :lol

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2020, 06:15:16 PM »
Plague tale crashed on me twice during the tutorial. :doge

Looks like it's MSI Aferburner/RTSS' fault. Making and exemption for the game seems to have fixed it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 06:47:31 PM by Rufus »

Sho Nuff

« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2020, 11:50:17 PM »
Wait a second. If I had 3 years of XBLA and then did the $1 upgrade plan, I could get three years of Game Pass ultimate for an extra $36?

That seems like....insanity.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2020, 11:57:32 PM »
That sounds about right to me, give or take.
fat

Sho Nuff

« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2020, 12:12:18 AM »
In that case I'm on it. There's a ton of games I would have bought on sale. Fucking insane deal.

Sho Nuff

« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2020, 12:48:51 AM »
I am pretty sure this worked. Bought 3 years of Gold then did the $1 upgrade; says the next recurring billing date's in 2023. I am flabbergasted and can't believe this actually works.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2020, 12:50:22 AM »
Welcome to the future of gaming
fat

Sho Nuff

« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2020, 11:01:42 AM »
I checked my credit card records and yes, it is a dollar. Until the year 2023. I don't understand how they make any money off this. I am literally downloading something like 4 00 gigabytes worth of games right now. I would have bought all of these games for like 20 to 30 bucks on a sale. This is fucking awesome. I don't understand how they're making any money on this.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2020, 11:04:32 AM »
i don't think they are making anything off the people who converted from live only/gamepass only for $1, but the full gamepass ultimate price is $15/month so if they can convince people to stay in the system then they can make money. also ms has said that the discounted price to buy gamepass games has lead to more subscribers just buying the games and dlc so that probably helps too.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2020, 11:30:33 AM »
Yeah the whole idea is you're staying and using their storefront. Hopefully it pays off eventually.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2020, 11:37:00 AM »
I dont understand how it all works either, but it works for me and that's all I care about
fat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2020, 02:15:32 PM »
Yep, just enjoy the tons of games for cheap while they last, let Microsoft worry about how to make money off it.
dog

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2020, 06:11:25 PM »
There's logic to it if people pay the actual base price but I kind of doubt too many are doing that since there's deals for it constantly.
Hi

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2020, 12:49:27 PM »
I just subbed up. I had a browse and like 30-40% of my steam wish list is on gamepass anyway. Sorry Gabe. To be honest, the stuff on here could probably keep my busy for years.  :lol

Gonna start with Forza Horizon 4.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Sho Nuff

« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2020, 09:07:07 PM »
I just got a 500GB external SSD and filled the fucking thing up with games. ROCK ON

Playing Plague Tale now which looks amazing. Forza Horizon on deck, baby.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2020, 09:09:59 AM »
- Dumped 20 hours into Forza Horizon 4. Really fun game *but* it does start to feel a bit aimless after a while. There is no real even progression as such like you would find in other racers (more laps, more opponents, tougher/more technical tracks etc). That said it feels great to play, nice to cruise around in etc etc. Still makes me long for a new PGR >:(

- Messed around in Superhot for half an hour or so. Cool concept but didnt really grab me tbh

- Beat Dishonored 2. Definitely as good as the first with some *insanely* creative levels, but performance was a bit sluggish. My rig is due an upgrade in a year of two (4690k/1060) but still felt poor in comparison to FH4 and Wolfenstein 2. Will probably revisit it in a year or two.

- Beat Wolfenstein 2. I really liked this. I think the reception was a bit divisive at launch? The game had some really fun/zany/crazy set pieces and the shooting was as fun as the last one. Did feel like they dumped a bunch of extra (pointless) mechanics in (
spoiler (click to show/hide)
I used those extendable legs like 5 or 10 times, whats the point lol
[close]

- Dicked around in Streets of Rage 4. Never played the older ones, IDK what I was doing. Will probably go back later this week.

Verdict: get PC Gamepass  :science
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 09:15:28 AM by who is ted danson? »
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Himu

« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2020, 10:07:12 PM »
I've tried to get SoR4 from Game Pass and this has made a horrific intro.

The Game Pass application is a massive resource hog. This is ridiculous. It keeps logging into an account I don't want to use when all I fucking want to do is log into the account that I signed up to Game Pass with. I log into with one account and for some reason I log into another and it defaults to one particular account which doesn't have Game Pass on it. It's driving me crazy.

MS can't even do PC gaming right because they're fuck ups at that too.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2020, 10:13:17 PM »
God fucking dammit I fucking hate Microsoft and this is case number 1 why I haven't touched any of their shit in almost a fucking decade. I go to SoR4 page on the MS store and I can't fucking dl it because it defaults to another account which doesn't have fucking gamepass and I can't switch accounts or log in as a specific account. God I hate this fucking company.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2020, 10:14:11 PM »
i just use the ms store/website over the "xbox" app, but it does want to default to the account you use to log into windows. you should just be able to sign into another account though

Himu

« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2020, 10:16:14 PM »
I'm dling it from the store page. At least they have that option and aren't complete fucking hacks.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2020, 10:17:21 PM »
lmao

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2020, 10:18:59 PM »
It's called "usability" Cindi.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2020, 10:19:10 PM »

Himu

« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2020, 10:23:04 PM »
It took me two full minutes to make this post because the quick reply box wouldn't load due to the apparent demand of downloading SoR4 has put on my computer.

This has never happened with Steam.

Even the less stressful option still blows. Typical MS. Always have to go through hoops with this company.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2020, 10:40:07 PM »
ms is to blame for you downloading something from your browser? :lol

Himu

« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2020, 10:46:20 PM »
MS is to blame for bad apps. I dled it from the MS Store and slowed my computer considerably. Even that was bad. Nothing with MS is a smooth experience regarding the Xbox line and hasn't been since mid-360 days. Comparing Xbox and MS STore apps with the performance and usability of other pc apps such as Steam and GOG makes it even more harrowing how bad the user side of their Xbox shit really is.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2020, 10:52:18 PM »
i think it might just be your experience there. it's pretty smooth for me. go to the website, click install, and it opens the store and installs.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2020, 10:55:38 PM »
Beat Wolfenstein 2. I really liked this. I think the reception was a bit divisive at launch? The game had some really fun/zany/crazy set pieces and the shooting was as fun as the last one. Did feel like they dumped a bunch of extra (pointless) mechanics in (
spoiler (click to show/hide)
I used those extendable legs like 5 or 10 times, whats the point lol
[close]
It's a fun game but I think it kinda starts to suck on higher difficulties. Maybe I just suck, but you die super fast in open space so it becomes a pretty hardcore cover shooter. why give me beast dual wielding dieselpunk shotguns if i can't use em without hiding like a coward.

Some of the shit in the story though was so awesome. Some of the wildest fucking crap in a big budget game like this

Rahxephon91

« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2020, 10:59:21 PM »
I just put Wolfenstien 2 on easy and called it a day. I like everything about the game, except the gameplay. The actual shooting is good, it's just yeah you die so quickly that's it's not fun. The game looks and feels like it wants you to play it like Doom, but instead you're supposed to be stealthy. I just don't find that fun.

Sho Nuff

« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2020, 11:03:38 PM »
Wolf 2 was a fucking riot, production design on that game is incredible. All the props are like insane looking. Going to Gears 5 after Wolf 2 was a definite downgrade

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2020, 12:12:20 PM »
i think it might just be your experience there. it's pretty smooth for me. go to the website, click install, and it opens the store and installs.

I use the Xbox app on PC, works well for me [for the most part]. I'm sure it depends on what kind of system you're running, though.
dog