Author Topic: Let's play the Zelda series!  (Read 14674 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Let's play the Zelda series!
« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2019, 11:06:58 PM »
Finished the Face shrine. The end of Link's Awakening is in sight  :tocry

Rooster flapping behind me :heart

Finished it last night- The Eagle tower was the most challenging dungeon, but only because I got lost as to where to go to get to the pillars, lol.  Didn't get all the seashells and I know I missed at least one teleporter, but that's all right- got too much else to play so moving on.  Game was a blast.
ど助平

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2019, 12:27:37 PM »
Initial thoughts on Links Awakening. Love the visual style, at first I thought I'd love a remake like this of the original or maybe LttP. Really though, I'm not sure the "tone" of those games would work for that (but god I'd love a remake of those) but link between worlds is probably the best of keeping to that kind of visual tone.

Game seems a bit slow in control. Though the button for a shield is a much needed change after LttP's and 1 and 2's "stand still to defend".

Jury is still out, but I'm enjoying it so far. But again, I'm not sure that $60 for this was a fair price I've only been at it a little while and I'm already at the Key shrine and I've only ever played this once before, but in the end it's Zelda and I have have to have it.
que

paprikastaude

« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2019, 01:45:33 PM »
They could do Oracle remakes, but LttP is perfectly playable and looks good, plus it certainly doesn't need some dumb toy look. They better also don't touch Minish Cap with any of that 2,5D crap, because that game has some GOAT spritework.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2019, 03:50:55 PM »
All seashells
All heart pieces
All items
All figurines

No more Marin - goodnight bae  :tocry

This is a perfect remake, one big beautiful nostalgia trip  :lawd
🤴

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2019, 05:27:51 PM »
Im not crying you're crying

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2019, 01:53:29 AM »
Link's Awakening switch. Dungeon 7. Yes I know. Destroy the pillars. Durr hurr. I've pretty much stopped playing the game cause while I have destroyed 2 I can't figure out the next two and my last 3 plays have amounted to nothing but wasted time. I even have the master key and one other normal key
 :stop

I'm done bashing my head against the wall. Gonna look up a walkthrough next time I play.

Edit:
Watched the bit with the pillars to get a general idea (as in I watched a vid, but wasn't playing side by side) and I see that the pillars are more or less done consecutively. The way I have been going through the dungeon was more or less fumbling around and seeing what is what to the point where I think I have done all I can before whatever I am to do next after I knock down these next two pillars. However, with the dungeon being so big and also having those blue and orange switches, made me overthink it to the point of getting all tangled up in ideas, which lead me to several failed attempts to move on. I'll probably have to watch the vid when I'm playing anyways cause at this point I'm not sure if it will be clear to me even when I go back and start making my through with the black sphere  :lol

It's the only dungeon where I hit a dead end in terms of trying to progress (though there was an earlier dungeon where I had to look up how to get one chest cause I had a brain fart where needed to break a wall and I just wasn't able to locate the wall which was not visible, but you could hear it by taping your sword on it and the floor panels were making an arrow sign point towards it, which went over my head).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 10:44:32 AM by EchoRin »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2019, 12:08:50 PM »
All seashells
All heart pieces
All items
All figurines

No more Marin - goodnight bae  :tocry

This is a perfect remake, one big beautiful nostalgia trip  :lawd

When you say "figurines", what do you mean? I just made it to dungeon 7 and haven't seen anything, aside for a stand for a koopa troopa or something at Marin and Tarin's house.. which I thought was some amiibo bullshit...
^_^

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2019, 02:15:04 PM »
You find them at the claw game in the village. By now you can probably have more than half of them. I'm exactly where you are in the game.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2019, 03:17:42 PM »
I just started a new playthrough of OoT.  First time since 2014  :-[
püp

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2019, 05:49:56 PM »

:heart

I listened to this live in London before Skyward Sword came out.

Then Koji Kondo came on stage to play Grandma's theme   :lawd

« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 06:09:50 PM by Nintex »
🤴

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2019, 11:31:01 AM »
Ugh, the Eagle's tower. I know where the other two pillars are but am having a hard time getting the ball there.
que

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2019, 02:06:55 PM »
The Eagle Tower should replace IQ tests.

I nailed it without a guide  8)
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2019, 06:36:21 AM »
Played some BOTW yesterday to continue my second playthrough.

Hadn't played it in a while so it took some time to get used to the controls again.

This game is sooooo good  :lawd

playing more today
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2019, 11:04:24 PM »
Finishing up Dampe's dungeons now, then finding the remainder of the secret seashells. Quick question - there's one Dampe dungeon where at the end, the nightmare room just has a bunch of green slimes falling from the sky. What am I supposed to do here?
^_^

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2019, 01:20:33 PM »
Finished Link's Awakening. That was a fun romp. I agree that the last two dungeons could be used as IQ tests. No guide of either, but they made me stop and think more than any dungeons I've faced so far.  Now onto Majora's Mask. I knew this was one of my favorites (hell, I have a tattoo of Majora's Mask for crying out loud) but I had forgotten just how much I love it. I'm doing an all mask run. I'm now at the goron city. So I'm making quick progress. Although, I do have to say I'm not a fan of the dungeons in MM.

After this I don't really know if I want to tackle what I call "The filler trilogy" of Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.  WW is a bit better on the Wii U. I don't know about Twilight Princess being any better on the Wii U. And Skyward Sword? Ugh.

So far completed:
 - BotW
- Loz1
- Loz2
- LTTP
- OoT
- Link's Awakening
que

Tuckers Law

« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2019, 01:57:58 PM »
Mix in the other gameboy Zeldas (minish cap & oracle of ages/seasons) between the “filler” zeldas to help.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #136 on: October 21, 2019, 02:14:09 PM »
The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are great. Definitely play them in HD on the Wii U.
The Wind Waker sorta tried to do what they did with BOTW. Offer an open map with small challenges on the various islands.
The game design was a bit too ambitious for the GameCube but I always found it a very fun and charming game.
It's just always 1 step short of greatness.

Twilight Princess is the course correction following TWW, it's basically OOT on steroids and has many memorable moments. You just got to get passed the rather slow introduction.
For the type of game they were going for it's a bit too easy though but it has the most dungeons of any Zelda and most of those dungeons are great.

Skyward Sword is perhaps the most linear Zelda and it feels that way because there's no seamless map but different area's you can visit.
It focuses heavily on the motion controls, which are impressive but at times it feels like they spend more time getting the motion mechanics right than on the actual challenges.

All three games have their strengths and weaknesses, for me it's TP > TWW >>> SS
🤴

Tuckers Law

« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2019, 02:19:02 PM »
Flip WW and TP and your opinion is identical to mine.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2019, 04:39:55 PM »
the fillergy  :rejoice

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2019, 01:11:33 PM »
Oh and one more thing about link's awakening. I had said that I didn't know if it warranted the $60 price tag. And yep, it doesn't. $30 would've been ideal. But again, it's Zelda so I HAVE to have it.
que

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2019, 02:02:45 AM »
skyward sword is the greatest game in gaming history. big N could have charged double when it came out and it would still be underpriced!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #141 on: October 26, 2019, 12:18:23 PM »
Played some more BOTW.

When I played it on Wii U it seemed easier, because the framerate would tank in most fights so you could easily dodge enemies well in advance.
On Switch or maybe because of a few patches(?) enemies seem way more aggressive. Made it significantly harder on myself to do the Rito/Hebra beast first instead of going the default Zora route.
I really have to rely on dishes and elixers to deal with the climate conditions which makes the quest all the more epic.

With this game I really have to limit my play time because I otherwise I just wind up playing forever.
"I should play for 3 hours or so".
*checks time*
"Another 15 minutes, I should be able to get to that tower easily"
*checks time again*
"Fuck, 2 more hours have passed"

Pretty amazing how this second play through on Switch is so different from my first on Wii U that outside of a few landmark spots, quests and puzzles I can't really play it from memory like other Zelda's even though I sunk about 180 hours in my first run.
 :lawd
🤴

Chooky

« Reply #142 on: October 26, 2019, 01:07:21 PM »
lol i had to take the cartridge out and put it away somewhere because every time i'd try to play something new on switch i'd end up going back to botw after a short while. game is just endlessly addicting.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2019, 01:32:10 PM »
In Majora's Mask at the water temple. Just got the boss to finish at this point. But so far I can't think of a water level outside of the Great Cistern that I actually enjoy in Zelda. The LttP one seems the least offensive so far.
que

paprikastaude

« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2019, 01:53:35 PM »
It's a much shittier level if you play MM on 3DS.

Svejk

« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2019, 02:09:39 PM »
My son is attempting to play through MM right now.  He's playing the GC Collector's Edition version.  I never played through MM myself, so it's all new to me for the most part.  So far, even watching my son enjoy it atm, ...I still don't get the appeal of it.   :doge  I'm really trying to be open minded to it now, but it still doesn't resonate with me.

paprikastaude

« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2019, 02:30:27 PM »
 :camby

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2019, 02:56:10 PM »
My son is attempting to play through MM right now.  He's playing the GC Collector's Edition version.  I never played through MM myself, so it's all new to me for the most part.  So far, even watching my son enjoy it atm, ...I still don't get the appeal of it.   :doge  I'm really trying to be open minded to it now, but it still doesn't resonate with me.

Majora's Mask is a lot like metroid I find. You need to give yourself to the atmosphere and let yourself get lost in it.
que

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2019, 03:37:02 PM »
Majora's Mask is one of the more intriguing Zelda's along with BOTW and Link's Awakening.
A lot of lore and world building hidden in that game.
🤴

Chooky

« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2019, 03:46:05 PM »
majora's mask on gamecube is great because it randomly freezes and causes you to lose like three hours of progress

Svejk

« Reply #150 on: October 28, 2019, 04:36:19 PM »
majora's mask on gamecube is great because it randomly freezes and causes you to lose like three hours of progress
He's playing it using dios mios on the Wii, so it should be doubly glitchy.   ::) Already was having controller connection issues yesterday.  (Found out it was the shitty extension cable we were using).  He's farther than I ever got, so I may slowly come around seeing new stuff. 

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2019, 05:58:46 PM »
The audio glitches just add just that bit more immersion.
🤴

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2019, 06:15:20 PM »
Got back to Link's Awakening Switch.  Finished off Dungeon 7. I was struggling with the second half of the pillars. Don't think I would have actually gotten the 4th one on my own. After that though I was curious where oh where I would get the boomerang I saw the person using in their video guide. Yo! HOW IN THE WORLD AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW TO GO BACK TO A HOUSE IN THE ANIMAL VILLAGE WHERE NOW I CAN SEE SOME SEA GIRL SITTING AT HOME THANKS TO MY MAGNIFYING GLASS!?!?  :gddr5 . She is the one that actually gives you the hint as to where to travel next. The actual boomerang is elsewhere and you could stumble upon it by complete accident if you were just toiling around that area (I'm not gonna say where. Again, at this point in the game you have no business being in that area though). But at no time are you given any incentive to go visit this sea lady's house.

I literally had no reason whatsoever to go back to the Animal village at all. Like it's one thing to be curious and look around, but it's another to have to go back to an area where you have no business for the longest time already and nothing that would make you want to return. Boooooo! Boooooo!

I also just learned that various sea shells are not obtained by digging. :beli . For example right between the animal village and the dessert to the east. Wat? Play Marin's song on your ocarina? Why yes how logical. No. It's not.

I appreciate the game not being hand holdy in terms of where you must go and where to next. You get no marker or anything blatant. But there are small crumbs here and there. Like the telephone stations. These obtuse sea shells though? I mean how are you supposed to deduce those? The boomerang too.

Despite all that whining I am actually having fun and I'm on my way to dungeon 8. Just happened to do a little cool tidbit in the north on my way there. I'm sure those who have played it know what I mean.

Chooky

« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2019, 10:20:48 PM »
everyone loves to complain about too many markers on the map screens til they remember how gaming was before 2010

paprikastaude

« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2019, 07:20:47 AM »
everyone loves to complain about too many markers on the map screens til they remember how gaming was before 2010

no

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2019, 07:57:08 PM »
Got back to Link's Awakening Switch.  Finished off Dungeon 7. I was struggling with the second half of the pillars. Don't think I would have actually gotten the 4th one on my own. After that though I was curious where oh where I would get the boomerang I saw the person using in their video guide. Yo! HOW IN THE WORLD AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW TO GO BACK TO A HOUSE IN THE ANIMAL VILLAGE WHERE NOW I CAN SEE SOME SEA GIRL SITTING AT HOME THANKS TO MY MAGNIFYING GLASS!?!?  :gddr5 . She is the one that actually gives you the hint as to where to travel next. The actual boomerang is elsewhere and you could stumble upon it by complete accident if you were just toiling around that area (I'm not gonna say where. Again, at this point in the game you have no business being in that area though). But at no time are you given any incentive to go visit this sea lady's house.

I literally had no reason whatsoever to go back to the Animal village at all. Like it's one thing to be curious and look around, but it's another to have to go back to an area where you have no business for the longest time already and nothing that would make you want to return. Boooooo! Boooooo!

I also just learned that various sea shells are not obtained by digging. :beli . For example right between the animal village and the dessert to the east. Wat? Play Marin's song on your ocarina? Why yes how logical. No. It's not.

I appreciate the game not being hand holdy in terms of where you must go and where to next. You get no marker or anything blatant. But there are small crumbs here and there. Like the telephone stations. These obtuse sea shells though? I mean how are you supposed to deduce those? The boomerang too.

Despite all that whining I am actually having fun and I'm on my way to dungeon 8. Just happened to do a little cool tidbit in the north on my way there. I'm sure those who have played it know what I mean.
There's hints for everything. Small hints but hints. With other stuff you just have to get lucky that you happen to revisit an area or two.
It didn't bother me much because the game has such a small scale. Plus when you get the seashell sensor you know where it is, just not always what to do.
So you do what any 8 year old with a Gameboy would do, try out every item.

I only found myself lost when I forgot it was a Gameboy game and thought too complicated. Once you see through the new layer of paint and think of it as a Gameboy game it is easier to spot the markers and secrets.
🤴

Chooky

« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2019, 08:35:12 PM »

no

"remember how fun it was to be able to get LOST in a game? man i miss that" - some asshole that used gamefaqs and would call devs stupid when the solution wasn't immediately apparent

Tuckers Law

« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2019, 09:04:59 PM »

no

"remember how fun it was to be able to get LOST in a game? man i miss that" - some asshole that used gamefaqs and would call devs stupid when the solution wasn't immediately apparent

:hmm

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2019, 06:13:33 AM »
At least we now have evidence of the decline of human intelligence
🤴

Chooky

« Reply #159 on: November 02, 2019, 09:14:55 AM »
your posting history?

paprikastaude

« Reply #160 on: November 02, 2019, 12:39:32 PM »

no

:confused
Maybe if you're 10, entirely new to a genre, or just braindead.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #161 on: November 02, 2019, 01:27:24 PM »
Or take a long enough break from the game, or overlook an obscure hint, or simply forget just because. :yeshrug

paprikastaude

« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2019, 01:38:20 PM »
which can be solved by recaps or logs and not making the overall game crappier through magic gps for idiots

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2019, 01:40:29 PM »
skyward sword is the pinnacle of earthly existence. billions of years of evolution have led us to this point, let us bask in the accomplishment  :rejoice

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2019, 01:42:25 PM »
which can be solved by recaps or logs and not making the overall game crappier through magic gps for idiots
True. So why don't we see them. :shaq2
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 01:47:44 PM by Rufus »

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #165 on: November 02, 2019, 03:47:16 PM »
At least we now have evidence of the decline of human intelligence
I may be a dullard, but

So you do what any 8 year old with a Gameboy would do, try out every item.

I mean that isn't a good excuse  :lol Brute forcing the issue.

I only found myself lost when I forgot it was a Gameboy game and thought too complicated. Once you see through the new layer of paint and think of it as a Gameboy game it is easier to spot the markers and secrets.
I agree with that. Which sort of has thrown me off a little bit when it comes to "physics stuff" like tossing the black sphere around over gaps and shit like that. I think to myself "this seems too modern", but it's not.
And the funny thing is that I have used the ocarina at random times when I have been stuck just to see if it does anything. But no I don't recall any hint about using the ocarina one time only to find that secret shell. And while I understand you can toss bombs into holes to find shell, I thought they were originally for me to fall into at some point (this is midway through the game. The reason being that in the Animal Village there is a well that is boarded up. I thought "hey I've seen these other wells have open holes. Let me blow up the wooden planks blocking them." aaaaand nothing. So then in turn I never tried to throw bombs into the holes. There was no gameplay moment that nudges you to potentially do that. This isn't a deal breaker. There just isn't anything that would sort of hint at that. And with my failure in the Animal Village I didn't even think of attempting throwing bombs down holes. Besides, some of those holes actually give you nothing at all, so once it again it would potentially discourage you from trying it for a hole that does contain a shell.

True. So why don't we see them. :shaq2

Hold up hold up. I never did say anything about GPS markers given automatically to you AssCreed style. In fact I praised how great the game leads you to your next main goal. The owl and the phone stations. That's good.

By the way Rufus, there actually is a recap/log. You have to go to the start menu and go to your map. There should be a button for "memories". You click on the button and it brings up the owl convos and past dungeons via the instrument you got from there. And some other locations like the love girl house and that cowardly prince or whatever house too for example.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2019, 06:54:28 PM »
By the way Rufus, there actually is a recap/log. You have to go to the start menu and go to your map. There should be a button for "memories". You click on the button and it brings up the owl convos and past dungeons via the instrument you got from there. And some other locations like the love girl house and that cowardly prince or whatever house too for example.
Oh, I meant that more in general. Most games, even modern follow-the-marker games not made to be played any other way don't have a recap.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2019, 04:56:42 PM »
It is done (2 days ago)

Nintex, I'm happy to report that I was smart enough to complete the 8th dungeon and final boss without any help.  :smug

though the final boss took me 3 tries. It is after all a trial and error type of boss. Had just two hearts left for the final phase when I finally figured out what hurts it.

One thing I would like to do is go back and collect all the statues. I thought I actually did, but there is still the bow wow statue spot in the bow wow lady's house. hmm? The last one I got from the claw game was the big cactus or something like that. I concluded the game with 40 seashells. When I first got killed by the final boss I decided to actually go back to the seashell house and see what else it would give since I went there last. Of course it was a sword upgrade. Lol. Perfect timing. Not much use at this point since the power of that upgrade is actually stripped away from you during the final fight anyway.

I uploaded the final track from the game cause I love the Marin bit. I don't really think too much of the story here, but hey it still hit right in the feels. I didn't want to awaken the wind fish knowing what would happen. But I guess it's implied Link can always find the island in his dreams again. ooof. sad anyways. Great Zelda adventure. Next for me in this series will be A Link to the Past.

EDIT: what wat wat wat. A Color Dungeon? Where? How did I not come across it? Clearly optional, but I'll get back and finish that up along with the statues.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 05:11:27 PM by EchoRin »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2019, 05:39:09 PM »
Congrats, such a lovely game.

When the credits music goes 8 bit  :lawd :aah :tocry
🤴

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #169 on: November 10, 2019, 08:51:46 AM »
Okay, I just finished Link's Awakening, boy that sure was a Game Boy game wasn't it, I don't think I need to play any more of these for a while tbh

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #170 on: November 10, 2019, 09:13:37 PM »
Completed Majora's Mask. Taking a bit of a break to think if I want to take on the "Filler trilogy"

Majora's mask is magical, but my god to experience this when I had time to put all the puzzle pieces of the NPC's lives together bit by bit. Now I lack the patience and was just googling "When is x person at y place" or whatever.

completed:
- BotW
- Loz1
- LoZ2
- LttP
- Links awakening
- OoT
- Majora's Mask
que

Chooky

« Reply #171 on: November 11, 2019, 07:10:36 AM »
- BotW
- Loz1
- LoZ2
- LttP
- Links awakening
- OoT
- Majora's Mask

congratulations on completing every zelda game worth playing

Tasty

« Reply #172 on: November 11, 2019, 11:22:45 AM »
Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are fantastic.

Skyward Sword is pretty middling, with some bright spots.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #173 on: November 11, 2019, 01:37:43 PM »
the true fillergy would be skyward sword(goat), majora's mask, and Link's Awakening reboot  ;)

paprikastaude

« Reply #174 on: November 11, 2019, 03:33:41 PM »
:heartbeat Twilight Princess  :heartbeat Minish Cap :heartbeat

Everything after :larry :idont

Wind Waker  :holeup

Tasty

« Reply #175 on: November 11, 2019, 04:29:29 PM »
Wind Waker dungeons :holeup

Wind Waker exploration :ohyeah

Twilight Princess exploration :holeup

Twilight Princess dungeons :ohyeah

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Skyward Sword everything :holeup

...except that one dungeon :larry
[close]

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #176 on: November 11, 2019, 04:44:36 PM »
skyward sword da goat  :pimp

paprikastaude

« Reply #177 on: November 11, 2019, 07:41:02 PM »
Wind Waker exploration :ohyeah

No. Any sense of discovery goes away after an hour, once you realize that there's nothing but one worthless rock per square on the map, with an empty blue line inbetween. At least TP embraces its linearity and has a bunch of cool missions between dungeons.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #178 on: November 11, 2019, 08:35:02 PM »
Also, the one thing that really bummed me out in Wind Waker was how little the pirate stuff is actually in the game. Seeing how you had the DS game and general fandom of the girl pirate I was really looking forward to that when playing WW HD. And then

Hey you, main pirate girl. You are actually Zelda. Now shut up and sit down while not moving an inch. What? That pretty much killed anything interesting going forward with her and the pirates too. Sure, Zelda helps you with the final boss (freakin awesome headshot bro), but I was shocked how the whole pirate stuff played out. Or rather, the lack thereof
[close]
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 08:42:15 PM by EchoRin »

paprikastaude

« Reply #179 on: November 11, 2019, 08:47:55 PM »
Also, the one thing that really bummed me out in Wind Waker was how little the pirate stuff is actually in the game. Seeing how you had the DS game and general fandom of the girl pirate I was really looking forward to that when playing WW HD. And then

Hey you, main pirate girl. You are actually Zelda. Now shut up and sit down while not moving an inch. What? That pretty much killed anything interesting going forward with her and the pirates too. Sure, Zelda helps you with the final boss (freakin awesome headshot bro), but I was shocked how the whole pirate stuff played out. Or rather, the lack thereof
[close]

Sea game. Doesn't even have basics like fishing from prior games :brain