Author Topic: Nier concert series coming to London and Chicago  (Read 2686 times)

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
Nier concert series coming to London and Chicago
« on: October 07, 2019, 07:22:01 PM »
YUUUUUUGE NEWS!

https://www.destructoid.com/nier-live-orchestra-shows-coming-west-568971.phtml

The live concert of the Nier series is coming to Chicago (JAN 24, 2020) and London (FEB 02, 2020). Hopefully other cities in the future too in the west.

Emi Evans on the vocals? Check
Keiichi Okabe in attendance? Check
Yoko muthafuckin Taro? Check

Links to spotify OSTs - https://www.destructoid.com/nier-and-nier-automata-s-unforgettable-soundtracks-are-streaming-577536.phtml

EDIT: Second date added for Chicago. January 25th. Still plenty of seats left.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 04:28:16 PM by EchoRin »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Re: Nier concert series coming to London and Chicago
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 07:42:08 PM »
Chicago and not NY?  :-\
^_^

Chooky

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 08:09:49 PM »
i'm real tempted to go to this, especially since i didn't check out the final fantasy concert last time it was around, but i know tickets are gonna sell out in seconds.

Beezy

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 08:33:44 PM »
Do I really wanna visit Chicago for the first time in the middle of winter for this?

Rahxephon91

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 10:23:14 PM »
I don't even like these games, but I'd go.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 01:31:16 AM »
Come you fools. We'll go to Shake Shack before the show  :)

I think it's happening in Chitown because the conductor is from here. The Final Fantasy distant worlds gigs started in the Chicago area too way back when.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 03:47:34 PM »
This show is gonna sell out today (aside for some random seats). I waited almost too long myself. Should have known that this being the only show in all of North America there would be many people flying in for this. Also, a big FUCK YOU to Ticketmaster. Scum of the earth.

Chooky

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 09:01:21 PM »
all they had left when i checked was seats in the back and fuck that shit. oh well

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 09:11:47 PM »
I'm somewhere in the middle on the top level. I haven't been to the Rosemont theater, but I think it's smaller than the symphony orchestra hall. I was way in the back for the Distant Worlds gig and it made no difference. Sound-wise it will be fine. And since this is the same production team that does Distant Worlds, that screen showing video will be big enough too.

EDIT: YAY 213372bu is going!!!

Chooky

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2019, 09:12:19 PM »
all they had left when i checked was seats in the back and fuck that shit. oh well
I got a seat in the back with a seat clearing to the stage. The acoustics should be fine if that’s what you’re worried about.

i'm worried i'm a blind nerd who won't be able to see shit

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2019, 08:35:28 AM »
I got a seat in the back with a seat clearing to the stage. The acoustics should be fine if that’s what you’re worried about.

i'm worried i'm a blind nerd who won't be able to see shit

>needing to see shit
>at a concert
WTF. nicca, just close your eyes and let the music wash over you, hahahahahahahaha. Or however that Chance cyberbully tweet goes.

Beezy

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2019, 12:05:52 PM »
Welp, I bought my concert ticket this morning. Gonna see if I can get a Thursday flight to Chicago after work and fly back to NYC on Sunday. :doge

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 02:57:26 PM »
In case anyone is in the area and wanted to see the concert, there is a second concert added for Chicago. Good amount of seats left for the 25th. That would be Saturday.

I will update that in the OP

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2020, 04:27:55 PM »
Lol. And Square or whoever has the music rights just uploaded Nier music on spotify. Praises be

https://www.destructoid.com/nier-and-nier-automata-s-unforgettable-soundtracks-are-streaming-577536.phtml

bluemax

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2020, 04:40:57 PM »
Lol. And Square or whoever has the music rights just uploaded Nier music on spotify. Praises be

https://www.destructoid.com/nier-and-nier-automata-s-unforgettable-soundtracks-are-streaming-577536.phtml

Finally!

I got tickets to the LA show, can't wait.
NO

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2020, 06:33:03 PM »
For the Saturday Chicago concert, you can get $20 off if you use the code: NIER20

Chooky

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2020, 06:35:48 PM »
i'm going to the Saturday show. buy a ticket if you want to meet a cool dude

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2020, 02:10:38 AM »
Don't read this if you don't want spoilers before tomorrow. I'm looking at you Chooky  :P

First, I didn't know the Rosemont Theatre seats about 4400 people. I thought it was going to be a smaller venue than the Symphonic Orchestra Building downtown. Second, lots of people showed up from out of town. The conductor asked the crowd and it was probably like at least a quarter of the audience.

On with the show then. It was divided into 2 halves. Nier music for one half and Nier: Automata music for the second half. I'm more partial to the music from the first game so it also ended up being my favorite half of the concert. Emi Evans was present to sing on the track Kaine and then she sang on what I presume is the credits track of Automata (have yet to play it), Weight of the World. Yoko Taro came out at the end. He was wearing his Emil mask. Told the audience he can't see us because of it, but that he loves us  :lol.

Lots of really good cosplay. Mostly 2B, but some A2 and 9S. Even saw one Kaine. There was also a handful of other more minor characters. Really good vibes.

No special Nier announcements at the end of the concert if you were hoping for something.

Bebpo

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2020, 05:26:38 AM »
I heard they showed clips of Nier 1 and it was not PS3 gfx and a more modern graphical style like from a potential remake?

Chooky

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2020, 08:02:27 AM »
I'm on the bus to Chicago now fuuuu I can't wait

bluemax

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2020, 02:23:04 AM »
Concert was really good. No special announcements, although they played an encore of sorts.

A bunch of the VA were there but they didn’t bring them on stage or anything.
NO

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2020, 02:27:41 AM »
Concert was really good. No special announcements, although they played an encore of sorts.

Oh that's interesting. Certainly not in Chicago that I'm aware of. Can you elaborate on that? Like they were just in the crowd enjoying the show? Or were they also doing something before or after the concert?

I'm one of those people that doesn't recognized videogame voice actors (you know how people always point to the two male voice actors who I guess do lots of the bigger games? Yeah I never recognize them as the voice actors which I guess is lucky for me.), so I probably wouldn't even know what they look like.

bluemax

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2020, 03:25:04 AM »

Oh that's interesting. Certainly not in Chicago that I'm aware of. Can you elaborate on that? Like they were just in the crowd enjoying the show? Or were they also doing something before or after the concert?

I'm one of those people that doesn't recognized videogame voice actors (you know how people always point to the two male voice actors who I guess do lots of the bigger games? Yeah I never recognize them as the voice actors which I guess is lucky for me.), so I probably wouldn't even know what they look like.

Yeah they were sitting in the crowd together. The conductor mentioned it during the thanks portion and they turned the lights on and had them stand up and get applause. It was a nice gesture on his part and the fans were happy to applaud.

I also don’t know what most game voice actors look like. I met the woman who voices 2B at E3 a few years ago. She walked by my companies booth and I complimented her Nier shirt and she told me who she was. She was in a hurry but still took a quick selfie and thanked me in character which was cool.
NO