Author Topic: You turds mostly cook or order out?  (Read 8109 times)

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Re: You turds mostly cook or order out?
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2019, 10:54:45 AM »
How much more time do you think I have lived (relatively speaking) by spending my time more wisely compared to all of you? If you add up all the time I’ve saved by occasionally using my brain (try it!), I’ve probably packed 200 years of living into my 38. I’m a vampire compared to you fruit flies.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2019, 10:55:34 AM »
your idea of using time wisely is dropping acid and jerking off to snuff films though

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2019, 10:57:22 AM »
wow don't tempt me with a good time

made a nice salad last night with bbq beef i made in the crockpot on sunday (plus tomato, cucumber, pickled jalapeno, and sprouts). tonight is sausage and peppers :mouf

TVC15

« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2019, 11:06:51 AM »
your idea of using time wisely is dropping acid and jerking off to snuff films though

I enjoy it. Watching people die on viddy is a decent way to get an endorphin rush after a day of effort at work. Jerking off is efficient and preferable to sex because it doesn’t involve the (unwanted) pain in the ass of interacting with a living person. What is difficult here? There are no minuses.

I have to go into my office now. I refuse to browse Bore here because demi’s too stupid to fix the site’s security issues. Assume that any further replies would further dazzle you in their vain attempt to illuminate your monkey brains.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2019, 11:10:48 AM »
so can I have some money?

TVC15

« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2019, 11:12:24 AM »
I’m sorry the door is closing behind me, I have to sto
serge

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2019, 11:27:17 AM »
I used to eat out every single day. Never delivery though, fuck those fees and tips, but I would do takeout.

My excuse was that my kitchen was T I N Y and cooking anything more complicated than eggs was a hassle.

I recently moved in with my GF and now we cook 5 days a week. Still eat out on weekends though.
:O

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2019, 11:44:26 AM »
don't you still tip the driver?

we dont tip
What

BisMarckie

« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2019, 11:51:39 AM »
Tip people that prepare or deliver your food.

I always give my DHL delivery guy 10 bucks or so every christmas and I never had any bork situations where a package was lost or I had it to pick it up in the middle of nowhere. :ufup

agrajag

« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2019, 11:56:00 AM »
don't you still tip the driver?

we dont tip

this is why everyone hates your Homo Ludens asses

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2019, 12:19:08 PM »
I see one valid reason (you enjoy it) and a bunch of lame excuses.

Ok king of opulence, Tabris.

No, real talk. Putting aside money, if you're ok at cooking you can certainly make some food exactly to your liking. Sometimes that can be faster than ordering food for someone to deliver to you or heading out to a restaurant.

... I don't know why I'm being an earnest bitch when your post is a troll at best  ::) :)

« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2019, 12:20:07 PM »
My wife likes cooking and she makes amazing food, so we do that at least five times a week. It's also a hell of a lot cheaper to do for three people.

When we do takeout I normally go pick it up and I seem to be the only person ever there getting their own food. "Oh, which delivery company are you with?" "I'm not, my wife called it in, I'm here picking up my dinner." SMFH
野球

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2019, 12:26:15 PM »
cooking at home, $40 for groceries per week (at the most extreme) per person.

:donot

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2019, 12:26:48 PM »
I usually go out to eat 2 to 3 times a week, otherwise me or my girlfriend will cook - I mostly just grill meat (and throw marinades, spices, etc on it) and roast some veggies in the oven, she gets a bit more creative and experimental.
^_^

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2019, 12:31:45 PM »
i do all the cooking cause i hate doing dishes, so i make my wife handle that :lol

TVC15

« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2019, 12:42:12 PM »
cooking at home, $40 for groceries per week (at the most extreme) per person.

:donot

I missed this. Do they eat only cheap popcorn or cheese curls?
serge

agrajag

« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2019, 12:48:23 PM »
sorry, I am not part of your bourgeoisie, caviar-eating class

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2019, 12:56:20 PM »
lol at eating healthy with that budget

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2019, 12:57:34 PM »
Agrajag ain't wrong. You can get like 6 various meats that are around 400 grams for around 30 bucks. Let's say you mix some chicken, pork, salmon, minced meat from those 6 various meats. Then you might grab some blueberries and bananas for about 5 dollars together. Then some cheese slices for 3 bucks, some 3 bucks worth of turkey slices you put on bread for example. And you buy a 6 pack of bagels for 3 dollars. Toss in some hot dogs, milk, eggs for another 8 bucks. Maybe some pasta too for 3 bucks at most. Some things last longer like cereal, but ok lets say another 2.50 for cereal per week.

So I mean for 1 person you can eat well and healthy for 40 to 50 bucks. I mean now and then you probably buy some cheap food for lunch off of lunch specials, but that ain't really expensive like going to a restaurant for dinner (or for a true actual meal, not counting a baguette filled with stuff or some kind of fast food type lunch you grab during work).

agrajag

« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2019, 12:58:43 PM »

my definition of healthy is hitting my macros, not eating fresh organic fruit every day or whatever you are into.

agrajag

« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2019, 12:59:59 PM »
and anyway you slice it, even if you buy lower end products, like cheap ground beef, and non-organic vegetables in bulk, it's still cheaper and healthier than fast food, like Timu is talking about.

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2019, 01:00:30 PM »
because I cook better than the disgusting filth you order, save money, and I enjoy cooking and eating healthy. Also, cooking doesn't take me a lot of time because I'm not a useless biatch like you

this fucking guy lol

agrajag

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2019, 01:01:36 PM »
because I cook better than the disgusting filth you order, save money, and I enjoy cooking and eating healthy. Also, cooking doesn't take me a lot of time because I'm not a useless biatch like you

this fucking guy lol

???

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2019, 01:05:58 PM »

It won't work where we live, but you can definitely pull 40 per person outside of the big cities if you buy at ethnic grocers, buy in bulk etc. I used to pay about that much back home.

hogwash. 40 bucks per week equate to about 170 per month for groceries, which is already a good percentage points lower than the average budget for those at the lowest levels of poverty in the country. with a budget that low, you'll only be hitting the instant ramen section of the international markets, and you couldn't even afford the good shit.

agrajag

« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2019, 01:06:33 PM »
maybe you just suck at shopping

BisMarckie

« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2019, 01:26:35 PM »
maybe you just suck at shopping

One of my favorite basic dishes is stuffed bell peppers.
2 bucks for 6 bell peppers
2,50 for a pound of ground meat
Whatever basic rice costs (like a buck tops)
Add the negligible cost for tomato paste,onions and spices and you have a delicious meal for 2 or 3 days for like 5 or 6 bucks.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 01:31:28 PM by BisMarckie »

« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2019, 01:28:41 PM »
We tend to only eat meat a few times a week but mostly buy it at Costco (ground pork, ground beef, chicken breasts, chuck roast), we do lots with beans, eggs, cheese, tofu, etc. and meat is often just there to accentuate the other ingredients. My wife is often grossed out by meat and I've adjusted over the 16 years we've been together now.

Aside from some bulk stuff at Costco, our grocery shopping is split between the Saturday farmers market, Safeway/Fred Meyer, Trader Joes and Whole Foods, which happens to be the closest store to our house.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 01:56:23 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

paprikastaude

« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2019, 01:28:54 PM »
How is a cheap egg or tomato less healthy than expensive ones?   :whatsthedeal  Price of ingredients only determines how much people and animals had to suffer  :doge

agrajag

« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2019, 01:33:20 PM »
I have a Safeway, Shoppers, Costco, Walmart, Wegmans and a bunch of Latin and Asian markets all within 2-3 miles of my place. I don't see myself going to Wegman's very often (it helps that it's the farthest away).

« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2019, 01:34:09 PM »
We try to buy local and in season more than organic (except for milk which we always buy organic), that whole carbon footprint thing.
野球

TVC15

« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2019, 01:38:32 PM »
Can eat cheap chicken for 2 weeks straight for the price of 2 organic/free range/etc. chicken breasts.

You can live even cheaper. Some rodents seem to subsist entirely on the greasy Taco Bell paper bags strewn about in my apartment.
serge

« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2019, 02:03:20 PM »
Yeah I'm super close to a variety of stores (there are 2 grocery stores literally 2 blocks from me, another few within a mile);  didn't use to deal hunt at all but realized I was throwing so much money away it was stupid.   

It's sort of fun to try to save money eating;  not do acid and jerk-off fun but there's a satisfaction to getting a great deal and if you only buy sale items it also sort of naturally mixes up your ingredients / what you eat because you eat what's on sale.

Same, I miss the postmates and whole foods days but it is what it is  I buy in bulk at the cheaper places now (how much better tasting is organic fancy pants brown rice going to be than normal? Maybe a little). But I still need that good good produce and you aren't getting that from TJs or Ralph's. I don't care if it's stuff like celery/carrots/onions but fruit or greens...

Yeah we buy most of our fresh produce at the higher end store near us.   We sometimes hit 3 stores in 1 trip to find the best mix of deals/quality.   It's less than 2 miles of total driving so not that difficult.

TJs is great for packaged goods but we don't buy a lot of fresh stuff there.

I do about 90% of the grocery shopping due to my flexible schedule. I normally hit Fred Meyer and then Trader Joes, and we regularly walk to Whole Foods (we buy all meat there aside from the stuff we get in bulk at Costco) as a family on Fridays after after picking up our daughter. My wife says we actually save money that way because I'm less prone to impulse buys. :lol

TJ is great for cheese and frozen/packaged stuff. Their bags of onions, garlic and honeycrisp apples are good, though.
野球

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2019, 02:04:12 PM »
TIL i'm not spending enough money on groceries to eat healthy while i am currently in the best shape of my life :lol

TVC15

« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2019, 02:16:18 PM »
TIL i'm not spending enough money on groceries to eat healthy while i am currently in the best shape of my life :lol

What’s the shape?
serge

james

« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2019, 02:19:40 PM »
Eggs cost like .33 cents each.

You can easily live on $2.50 a day, or $18 a week.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2019, 02:38:49 PM »
What’s the shape?
not pear anymore :D

james

« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2019, 02:47:03 PM »
Eggs cost like .33 cents each.

You can easily live on $2.50 a day, or $18 a week.

We get like 18 eggs for $2.

Don't be a fucking asshole and abuse chickens you piece of shit.

Pasture raised free range eggs only or fuck off.

TVC15

« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2019, 03:03:07 PM »
I bought a copy of Hot Dog the Movie from Fred Meyer once. Closest thing to food I’d accept from there.
serge

« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2019, 03:15:55 PM »
Yeah, we don't cheap out on eggs. Free-range cage free chickens, and sometimes we get the really good ones at the farmer's market. Those yolks are amazing and really do taste better.
野球

james

« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2019, 03:20:31 PM »
Yeah we buy the cheap shit;  it's less ethical, kudos to those who buy free range... I did for years and years but just started deal hunting last year and stopped.

Go fuck yourself

TVC15

« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2019, 03:27:13 PM »
Maybe if Chickens were cute I'd care more.

Have you seen Pink Flamingos? You still have time to recalibrate your desires.
serge

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2019, 03:32:47 PM »
How is this even a thread.

Go to the shop, buy good organic food, prepare food. Most of the days.

Sometimes eat out. This food is almost always bad quality and non organic, really a cheat meal.

TVC15

« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2019, 03:36:12 PM »
In grade school, there was a weird portuguese kid. Once he brought a cooked chicken head to school and ate it for lunch. He got the fuck picked out of him and went crazy and has lived a diminished life. Drugs and jail and I think some violence even. He used to be crazy smart, too. Like maybe potential genius. He was valedictorian of his class in high school. But we won.
serge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2019, 03:39:42 PM »
Sometimes eat out. This food is almost always bad quality and non organic, really a cheat meal.
yep, junk foods are always better from a bar/takeout. mainly when i'm eating out its cause i wanna cheat lol

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2019, 03:40:18 PM »
 Btw is there something wrong with american supermarkets that you cant buy normal food for a good price?

I buy 95% organic (including meat) and we spend less then 600 bucks on groceries a month for a family of 3 (now).

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2019, 03:41:21 PM »
yep, junk foods are always better from a bar/takeout. mainly when i'm eating out its cause i wanna cheat lol

I love greasy shitty food but try to limit it to max one time a week (friday eve)

Man i could eat something right now from s chipper

« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2019, 03:42:29 PM »
Btw is there something wrong with american supermarkets that you cant buy normal food for a good price?

I buy 95% organic (including meat) and we spend less then 600 bucks on groceries a month for a family of 3 (now).

Depends on where you live and what you mean by "a good price" is relative.

Locally sourced is way more effective than organic, btw.
野球

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2019, 03:43:50 PM »
same, i try to limit it these days. i've been wanting wings lately though so that's coming up this weekend

agrajag

« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2019, 03:44:01 PM »
we had a Chinese kid in the ESL class, he was the only Chinese kid in the whole program, I think. I probably told this story before, either on here or on GAF. He got bullied and all the kids teased him about not having a dick, solely on the basis of him being Chinese (not sure how this makes any sense, in retrospect, probably along the same lines of Asian vagines being sideways thing). One day, he had enough and pulled it out, like he literally stretched it and showed the whole class, Rahx style.

Also, these Vietnamese or Thai kids used to buy some kind of spicy noodles from the Asian market and empty the flavoring pack into the bag, and eat them as a snack, they were really good. Everyone was always asking them for some. Deiwei, the same kid who showed his dick, tried to be cool and brought a pack of Maruchan, with the chicken flavor and tried to eat it like that, and everyone teased him relentlessly. Don't remember if that was before or after the dick incident.

Later, we were in high school and that kid was in my Health class, and this black kid was bullying him and Dewei whispered "nicca" under his breath. Another kid snitched on him to the black kid and they had a fight. Later we had a whole class discussion about race in English class because of that fight. Deiwei is probably a serial killer now.

Kids can be real brutal.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2019, 03:50:34 PM »

Depends on where you live and what you mean by "a good price" is relative.

Locally sourced is way more effective than organic, btw.

Effective at what, climate change?  I don't want to eat stuff with pesticides, meat with hormones and antibiotics.

Lot of the stuff here is local (danish) in the supermarkets.

Im not 100% against gmo though

agrajag

« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2019, 03:55:14 PM »
not sure about Urup, but in US, "organic" is kind of a meaningless label, at least it was the last time I checked. The FDA didn't regulate it or enforce it, or their regulations were super lax iirc

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2019, 04:03:46 PM »
Oh ok, that sucks, here its regulated by the EU.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2019, 04:05:17 PM »
are there actually pesticides or antibiotics in current use with demonstrable negative health effects?
每天生气

james

« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2019, 04:13:23 PM »
are there actually pesticides or antibiotics in current use with demonstrable negative health effects?

Its called roundup you imbecile and its killing all the bees.

Go fuck yourself.

You and riotous are human scum

BisMarckie

« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2019, 04:16:43 PM »
Glyphosate lawsuits tanked my Bayer stocks :maf
Just deal with it so I can buy some vidya games.

BisMarckie

« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2019, 04:28:08 PM »
I will ask at the next shareholder meeting after I stuff my face with canapes and chase them down with cheap champagne. Going to shareholder meetings is a good way to save money on groceries btw.  :brain

TVC15

« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2019, 04:41:13 PM »
I got another one. I’m bored and in a meeting so you’re fucking reading.

There was this awesome kid in my elementary school class. I have a bunch of terrrible/awesome stories about him that I've never told, including one that I will never tell. He's the guy I did the poorly planned car theft scam with. He's the guy that when he went to prison for the first time, he came out with a Muslim name (he's extremely Polish--a perfect food people btw). I've talked about him before.

In 3rd grade, he got punished by foul bitch nun Sister Catherine because he pushed a tower of stacked textbooks out of a second-floor window and damaged a parked car. In retaliation, he ground up a bunch of graphite from retractable pencils into powder and dumped it in the Christian's coffee one day. She ended up dying a few months later, and the awesome (dumb) kid legit thought he killed her for a period of time. We leaned into it, but I think either he or someone else told an adult about it and we had to clam up. It became A Thing and they let his fucking mom come into school and lecture our class about how cruel it was to bully him. He was mortified when he found out we were just being assholes, but I have to give the lad credit: he never let himself get bullied into becoming a bitch. He instead always remained a bully, and eventually he became a drug dealer to elementary school children, completing the circle of scumbaggery.

Fuck Sister Catherine, though, really. We hated her so much. Maybe the 4th or 5th worst nun I've encountered. A good nun has never existed. They do not exist in the Bible. They are a fiction created by the church. A person dressed up as a Ninja Turtle is more "real" than a nun. The church just saw all the lesbians, unwed mothers, and virtueless women and decided to give them something to do that the church didn't consider damaging to society. They are people whose potential has been irrevocably stolen, leaving a dessicated souless husk, misanthropic and fueled by resentment, similar to the undead.

So go buy some graphite pencil filling for dinner. Shafts. Cartridges. Whatevers.
serge

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2019, 04:44:32 PM »
As far as antibiotics issues are concerned in the States at least:

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4517

Antibiotics are metabolized very rapidly by humans and animals. That's why your doctor gives you a bottle and you have to take several pills a day; the pharmacokinetics are such that there's not enough left in your system after only a few hours or days at the most. When cattle are treated with antibiotics, these pharmacokinetics are the same. But we don't take any risks here. Cattle given antibiotics are subject to what's called a withdrawal time, a waiting period where that cow cannot go into food production until we're sure there are no antibiotics left in its system. Depending on what drug is given, this withdrawal time is anywhere from 0 to 60 days. By the time any cow goes into food production, there's no antibiotic in its system.

In broad strokes, this is the long and the short of the reasoning behind why there's no need for concern about hormones given to beef. We give cattle very small doses, even smaller than the doses given to postmenopausal women; and it's a compound naturally produced the body anyway. That dose is not up to the ranchers to ratchet up if they want; it's established by law. Cattle on this regimen have a zero-day withdrawal time, meaning they are safe for food production at any time, as the level of hormone in the meat is well below maximum safe levels. The variation in naturally occurring hormone levels in different kinds of meat — fish, fowl, pork, beef — and even in cattle of different ages and breeds — is much greater than the difference between treated and untreated cattle.

agrajag

« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2019, 04:45:24 PM »
Maybe I read a different version, but I don't think there were nuns in the Bible.

agrajag

« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2019, 04:50:50 PM »
lol j/k I didn't read the Bible