Author Topic: Good Male Contraception! Finally here!...? hopefully.  (Read 2087 times)

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
Good Male Contraception! Finally here!...? hopefully.
« on: November 19, 2019, 07:11:47 AM »
I would travel to India for this.

New Delhi: The Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR) is now one step closer to releasing the world’s first injectable male contraceptive. According to a Hindustan Times report, clinical trials have successfully been completed and sent to the Drug Controller General of India for approval.

RISUG just finished its phase 3 clinical trials in India. Sujoy K. Guha (dude is 80) has been working on this for over half his life. It's effective for around 10 years, simply requires 2 injections of a gel into your sperm tubes and you can start raw dogging safely a week later. There hasn't been a single case of notable side effects in some 250+ human tests subjects in over ten years of trials with only 1 unplanned pregnancy. Sign me tf up.

https://thewire.in/health/risug-male-contraceptive-icmr

https://thewire.in/health/risug-injectable-male-contraceptive

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversible_inhibition_of_sperm_under_guidance

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sujoy_K._Guha

I hope this is wildly successful and they make a giant statue of this man in the centre of Delhi with a huge dong.

:rejoice

« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 01:33:34 PM by naff »
◕‿◕

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
Re: Male Contraception! Finally here!...? hopefully.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 07:14:44 AM »
STDs are the main issue though, otherwise anal sex is good enough.

naff

Re: Good Male Contraception! Finally here!...? hopefully.
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 07:17:10 AM »
 :doge

boo

condoms are the worst. hormonal contraceptives are a no go. iud is super invasive. this is the first time a good male contraceptive is on the radar, it seems better than anything else on the market, and could bring men meaningfully into the family planning conversation.

even if you and your partner are into anal, my experience is you generally have vaginal sex first and switch it up. non condom contraceptives just make sex a lot sexier. wrapping ur dick in plastic is lame. being able to just get something like this myself and take matters into my own hands is a complete game changer.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 07:25:05 AM by naff »
◕‿◕

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 07:44:55 AM »
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Male Contraceptives Real Hahahaha nicca Just Walk Away And Pull Up Your Pants Like nicca Zip Your Pants

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 07:48:00 AM »
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Male Contraceptives Real Hahahaha nicca Just Walk Away And Pull Up Your Pants Like nicca Zip Your Pants

Bork, close this thread and hall of fame it. It's nowhere but down from here now.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 09:13:29 AM »
I wouldn't necessarily call a dick injection non-invasive, but can see where you are coming from.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 09:20:17 AM »

wow look at this acephobia
dog

daemon

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 10:01:48 AM »
:doge

boo

condoms are the worst. hormonal contraceptives are a no go. iud is super invasive. this is the first time a good male contraceptive is on the radar, it seems better than anything else on the market, and could bring men meaningfully into the family planning conversation.

even if you and your partner are into anal, my experience is you generally have vaginal sex first and switch it up. non condom contraceptives just make sex a lot sexier. wrapping ur dick in plastic is lame. being able to just get something like this myself and take matters into my own hands is a complete game changer.

Condoms quite literally take the fun away from sex. I understand some people like them because it makes them last longer, but i've never been able to finish on a condom.

naff

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 02:04:54 PM »
I wouldn't necessarily call a dick injection non-invasive, but can see where you are coming from.

neither would i. it also requires an incision in your ball sack before the injection. id imagine most men would be a lil' squeamish about this and it probably won't be popular at all even if it does come to market in the west. hopefully it becomes an available option though. apparently costs next to nothing too.

still less invasive than having a copper coil t bar inserted up your vagina into your uterus imo (the only other effective non hormonal contraceptive available atm).

condoms are fine and great for new encounters obviously, but most people having regular sex aren't doing so with people they just met. it's p easy to get an std check after being with someone a week or two.
◕‿◕

BisMarckie

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 03:05:58 PM »
I thought anime was the most effective male contraception? :rodney

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2019, 03:10:23 PM »

neither would i. it also requires an incision in your ball sack before the injection. id imagine most men would be a lil' squeamish about this and it probably won't be popular at all even if it does come to market in the west. hopefully it becomes an available option though. apparently costs next to nothing too.

still less invasive than having a copper coil t bar inserted up your vagina into your uterus imo (the only other effective non hormonal contraceptive available atm).

condoms are fine and great for new encounters obviously, but most people having regular sex aren't doing so with people they just met. it's p easy to get an std check after being with someone a week or two.

Sounds cronenbergian. I’m in even though I’m gay.

Also, that post is getting newsfeeded, right?
serge

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2019, 03:12:06 PM »
I’d totally get this. Or maybe just a vasect once I’m feeling back to laying pipe

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2019, 03:24:19 PM »

The Bore is used to getting dick injections.
©@©™

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2019, 03:27:04 PM »
I wouldn’t go to India for any surgery. There was the trend of people surgically changing their eye color in India and then going blind.

TVC15

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2019, 03:28:57 PM »
Nah India’s all good when it comes to medicine. I used to bulk buy modafinil from there. Good times. They can cut open my dick like a hot dog any day. That’s part of this, right?
serge

naff

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2019, 03:58:26 PM »
i mean, i'm sure there is a wide swathe of practices in india ranging between bad and great. you'd def want to do your research before getting your vas injected with goop.
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2019, 04:01:32 PM »

Sounds cronenbergian. I’m in even though I’m gay.

Also, that post is getting newsfeeded, right?

this is quite cronenbergian too

it doesn't block the vas deferens, it just coats it. then:

Within an hour after placement the differential charge from the gel will rupture the sperm's cell membrane as it passes through the vas, deactivating it before it can exit from the body.[6]

cue thoughts of a deranged sperm making it through and turning out something like the fly
◕‿◕

TVC15

serge

naff

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2019, 04:21:12 PM »
nah. this guy couldn't be more legitimate.

He did his undergraduate degree (B.Tech.) in electrical engineering from IIT Kharagpur, followed by a master's degree in electrical engineering at IIT, and another Master's degree from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. He later received his Ph.D. in medical physiology from St. Louis University.[2] He then founded the Centre for Biomedical Engineering [1], IIT Delhi and AIIMS and also obtained his MBBS degree from Delhi University. One of the founders of biomedical engineering in India, Prof. Guha is internationally known in the areas of rehabilitation engineering, bioengineering in reproductive medicine and technology for rural health care. He has received several awards and has more than 100 research papers in cited journals. In 2003 he became a chair professor at IIT Kharagpur.[1]

His major contributions have been in the invention and development of non-hormonal polymer based injectable male contraceptive (RISUG) for which the Final Phase-III Clinical trials are underway;[citation needed] Problem-solving at a national level regarding contraceptives in mass usage, especially Copper T;[citation needed]individualized spot air-conditioning system for hospital patients and rehabilitation of the blind, with emphasis on opening automobile repair as an employment avenue. (lol)[citation needed]

:brain
◕‿◕

TVC15

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2019, 04:23:02 PM »
Man I can use some modafinil. That solves my sleep problem dead. It’s a pain to get legally prescribed it, though. However, it’s available over the counter in India because it is relatively safe—it can rarely cause a fatal rash. The US is a fucking toilet in every regard.
serge

naff

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2019, 04:24:58 PM »
v easy to import. i used to buy it on the silk road when at uni. requires a prescription here, but dogs etc don't pick it up, and it's merely a slap on the wrist if caught anyway (not sure about the states).
◕‿◕

TVC15

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2019, 04:26:21 PM »
I think the only reason I stopped taking it was because I was using it way too much and I was getting a little anxious about it. It doesn’t seem to stop working; you don’t get acclimated or tolerant to it very much.
serge

thisismyusername

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2019, 04:29:55 PM »
More seriously: I think this injection has already been done in the west. I recall like two years ago that this process was already possible.

TVC15

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2019, 04:33:25 PM »
More seriously: I think this injection has already been done in the west. I recall like two years ago that this process was already possible.

This does sound familiar. I think I remember hearing the 10 year duration thing and I was like “yeah, that’s too long.” And I also remember the ball choppin’.
serge

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2019, 04:36:44 PM »
My folks watch television where some of the Indian clearly for profit hospitals advertise procedures to medical tourists.
Some of the things are mad sketch.

naff

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2019, 04:37:30 PM »
there have been a number of articles about this process over the years. it's only now actually finished it's clinical trials (they first thought it was going for approval ~2002 i think). it's been patented in the states.

you can get an injection to clear the goop when you want to breed.
◕‿◕

TVC15

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2019, 04:45:43 PM »
My folks watch television where some of the Indian clearly for profit hospitals advertise procedures to medical tourists.
Some of the things are mad sketch.

Same stuff’s available in the US. It’s just cheaper in India. At least they’ll rip you off at an affordable price. US doctors will have no second thoughts about ruining your life for mo $$$

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/fda-warns-about-stem-cell-therapies

M4A or whatever isn’t going to fix the medical industry here. It’s broken philosophically.
serge

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2019, 04:48:27 PM »
Im just going to get snipped :trumps

naff

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2019, 04:48:45 PM »

nah

there isn't a publically available alternative for male contraception outside condoms or a vasectomy (similar, except they open your ball sack then sever and tie or cauterise your vas!). i guess chopping your dick off or becoming a eunuch is an option too. that's over 100 years with no real innovation outside minor improvements to the vasectomy procedure and new materials for condoms.
◕‿◕

TVC15

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2019, 04:57:41 PM »
And we only had to hack up our testicles to get there!
serge

naff

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2019, 05:08:10 PM »
pls try to understand us cis hets plight tvc  :tocry
◕‿◕

thisismyusername

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2019, 05:17:24 PM »
Breeders... :snob

TVC15

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2019, 05:22:44 PM »
I mean, are you technically still a man if you have this procedure done? Do you have to go to a courthouse and get your birth certificate changed?
serge

Rahxephon91

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2019, 05:35:58 PM »
I think I’d just stick to condoms then sticking something into my dick.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2019, 07:46:45 PM »
I think I’d just stick to condoms then sticking something into my dick.

I've never been stabbed in the dick, but if they guarantee I'll never have children I might make an exception.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2019, 08:28:22 PM »
You should make this thread on resetera, for all the “great want to make sure I don’t have kids for the earth” posts.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2019, 11:09:00 AM »
Co-sign on that post entirely.

thetylerrob

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2019, 11:14:12 AM »
You gotta pee/wash yo dick/take a shower between fuck seshes using the pull out method, precum doesn't have semen in it but it can carry semen that survive in the urethra.

naff

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2019, 03:23:43 PM »
yeah i mean, i'm kinda guilty of using the pull out method sometimes too and i haven't been unlucky yet. feels v irresponsible though. a kid would really fuck my shit up.
◕‿◕

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2019, 04:21:30 PM »
I think we grow up with this idea that any one slip will result in pregnancy. While that is true, the reality is that most woman are most fertile in a small window of days each month. So, if your "slip" doesn't happen in that window of time, you didn't really dodge a bullet, you just weren't likely to get her pregnant anyways. But it's irresponsible to preach that or let people know that's a likely outcome for unprotected sex. Better to tell them the story about the guy who got his girl pregnant while she was on her period.

I learned that when it was time to make some babies. I thought we'd immediately get pregnant just by getting off birth control and having sex like we normally did. Nope. After a few months of not getting the results, we actually mapped out the days on the calendar when she was most fertile, had sex every day in that period of time and then got pregnant.