Author Topic: Please send me a Steam Controller and I'll pay you handsomely.  (Read 3336 times)

BikeJesus

Please send me a Steam Controller and I'll pay you handsomely.
« on: November 26, 2019, 05:45:25 PM »
Steam Controller is apparently 5 bucks on Steam. I can't order due to being in Canada. Anyone who will send me one will get any game gifted to them up to $60 bucks. I would like 2 controllers.

Edit: whatever the controller costs you, plus the shipping, i will double. My only other option is $140+ off Amazon. I also have access to a p.o. Box in Blaine if that helps.

I bought a Steam Controller on launch day from EB games, but they don't carry it anymore. No-one in Canada has for years now. One of my buttons no longer works, and I can't go back to other controllers now.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:53:35 PM by BikeJesus »

paprikastaude

Re: Please send me a Steam Controller and I'll pay you handsomely.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 05:54:17 PM »
what's a Steam controller do you mean Xbox pad  :doge

BikeJesus

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 05:56:59 PM »
I'll order you one and you can just reimburse me once shipping to you is figured out, no need to buy me a game.

edit: It's looking like I might be able to just ship it to your PO Box in Blaine, according to the order screen I don't see why not?

Ok dude, please order. I'm good for it. Let's talk in pm.

BisMarckie

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 06:05:55 PM »
Good guy riotous :clap

Don‘t forget about your old pal when baseball season rolls around.  :-*

Seriously though, pretty cool of you to do this.

BikeJesus

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 06:07:12 PM »
I really appreciate it. I'll pm you my address in Canada. I'll either send you double the money, or gift you whatever you like of equal value.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 06:41:12 PM »
Thanks for being awesome, riotous.

I just came in to say that I've always thought mine was a great purchase, easily one of my favorite controllers for certain games if they have a good community configuration. Love using it for both Endless Space 2 and MGSV. The price is an insane steal.

Edit: goddamn it i'm high as fuck and didn't read that you already had one.

BikeJesus

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 06:52:46 PM »
Thanks for being awesome, riotous.

I just came in to say that I've always thought mine was a great purchase, easily one of my favorite controllers for certain games if they have a good community configuration. Love using it for both Endless Space 2 and MGSV. The price is an insane steal.

Edit: goddamn it i'm high as fuck and didn't read that you already had one.

Best controller I've used in 30 years of gaming, and I was a console babby up until late in college, had everything up until the Xbox 360. Steam Controller has no equal.

BisMarckie

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 07:01:07 PM »
I ordered one, 13 bucks including shipping to Germany. Worth a try for that kind of money I guess.

kingv

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 07:27:21 PM »
I could never get used to it. I tried and tried, but I just could not get used to the touch pads.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2019, 07:58:04 PM »
The only games where I couldn't get it to feel quite right and wish I had a controller was twin stick shooters. I might order another one since I think the stick on my current one is going.

To any new to the controller I highly recommend the subreddit. It's actually really positive and helpful and this thing relies heavily on figuring what works for you and what kinda game:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamController/

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2019, 10:12:02 PM »
I could never get used to it. I tried and tried, but I just could not get used to the touch pads.

This. Prepare to be disappointed. I'm one of the original beta-testers (still have their launch e-mail) and I could never figure out the secret sauce for it that made it better for shit over regular controller controllers. Hell, ever since they opened the Steam controller API to the Dual Shock/X-box controllers, there's very little need for the Steam controller at all.

Edit: AHAHAHAHA, speak of the devil:

https://www.theverge.com/good-deals/2019/11/26/20984123/valve-steam-controller-discontinued-sale-price

:salute Steam Controller, we barely knew ye and thank ye for your service for letting me use my Dual-Shock 4 with no DS4Windows.exe anymore. :salute

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2019, 11:54:00 PM »
I'll order you one and you can just reimburse me once shipping to you is figured out, no need to buy me a game.

edit: It's looking like I might be able to just ship it to your PO Box in Blaine, according to the order screen I don't see why not?

You need to be a bit more subtle when you try to doxx people.

Occam

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2019, 05:32:15 AM »

This. Prepare to be disappointed. I'm one of the original beta-testers (still have their launch e-mail) and I could never figure out the secret sauce for it that made it better for shit over regular controller controllers. Hell, ever since they opened the Steam controller API to the Dual Shock/X-box controllers, there's very little need for the Steam controller at all.

https://www.theverge.com/good-deals/2019/11/26/20984123/valve-steam-controller-discontinued-sale-price

:salute Steam Controller, we barely knew ye and thank ye for your service for letting me use my Dual-Shock 4 with no DS4Windows.exe anymore. :salute

Yep, Steam Controller touch pads are garbage-tier for controlling games that require a d-pad. Easily the worst controller I have ever used as far as 2D gaming is concerned, and I own an Atari Jaguar.

BikeJesus

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2019, 08:05:25 PM »

Yep, Steam Controller touch pads are garbage-tier for controlling games that require a d-pad. Easily the worst controller I have ever used as far as 2D gaming is concerned, and I own an Atari Jaguar.

Can I buy yours?

thisismyusername

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2019, 11:08:52 PM »

The touch-pads are fine for mouse-movement. But a lot of games that you'd want to use this for don't really work with it. And the ones that do (FPS, RTS, etc, mouse-likes) aren't really meant to be played casually/couch-wise. Sure, you can play a PC FPS on the couch, but mouse-speed on the controller (unless you spend a lot of hours tweaking it) isn't going to be as fast/accurate as an actual mouse.

Can I buy yours?

Already sold it. :trumps

BikeJesus

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 09:53:49 PM »
Just an update, good guy riotous sent it and I received it today. What a guy.

Also Benji, it has a return address if you need to update your dossiers.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 10:07:00 PM by BikeJesus »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2020, 12:23:06 AM »
why the hell does your wife have an office
每天生气

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2020, 01:55:50 AM »
I dunno... it’s a 4 bedroom house, there’s 2 of us. 

:doge

Wasteful liberal elites ::)
Margs

BisMarckie

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2020, 07:15:02 AM »
Adopt me rye-daddy.  :-*

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2020, 10:56:16 AM »
good vibes in this thread
 :like

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2020, 11:43:48 AM »
Dumbass riotous, could’ve made an easy $5.

BisMarckie

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2020, 09:04:10 PM »
I could buy my kids food for the whole week with that kind of cash.

BisMarckie

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2020, 09:06:37 PM »
Seriously though,  I don't think anyone needs 18 steam bucks here, since this is a boomer forum :success

edit: nvm, I misunderstood, I thought you were giving it away.  :lol
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 09:16:08 PM by BisMarckie »

BisMarckie

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2020, 11:01:49 PM »
If nobody wants it, I will take it and donate the amount to the Bloomberg campaign. :american

BisMarckie

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2020, 11:06:05 PM »
I take it back I’m buying some crack cocaine instead.

After watching some of the scambaiting videos, I found out that you can buy the darndest things with steam money these days, you can even pay your tax debt to the IRS!

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2020, 01:13:19 AM »
gimmie im a good steam friend

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2020, 05:34:28 AM »
I could always use 18$ in Steam funds my friend  8)

What

thisismyusername

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2020, 07:15:17 AM »
Could anyone really use about $18 in Steam Wallet cash?

After his Canuckucks converted to Patriotcoins and I bought myself RDR2 had some left over.

Would rather pay it forward than spend it, I already got about $10 more than I spent. 

Let me know, we will need to Steam friend each other and than 3 days later I can send it.

Just save it for the Steam sale in April, dude. I'm sure there is some cheap $10 game you might find of interest then.

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2020, 06:40:23 PM »
 :-*

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2020, 12:53:04 AM »
Typical LIEbrul coastal elite. Going back on the handouts they promised before getting elected ::)
Margs

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2020, 01:01:45 AM »
gift me noita :uguu
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 02:45:27 AM by TEEEPO »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2020, 05:49:55 AM »
Noita is damn good
What

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2020, 02:26:23 PM »
i am now forever beholden to the white man  :fbm

spoiler (click to show/hide)
thx bb, bless up <3
[close]

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2020, 02:33:15 AM »
ffffuuuu noita is good, real good

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2020, 12:42:47 PM »
Yea I gotta get that game on Steam soon
What