Author Topic: Asperger's diagnosis?  (Read 15008 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: Asperger's diagnosis?
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2020, 05:24:39 PM »
Idk about this test I got 29

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2020, 05:24:49 PM »
test isn't hard, breh  ::) you're just autisty  :lol

This is how I know I am. My absolute lack of confidence in my ability to even take the test

I’ll try later but if I have to weight questions I’m screwed lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2020, 05:26:27 PM »
the real test is your reaction to dumb questions on a dumb internet test  :doge

you're either autisty or a blade runner replicant  ;)

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2020, 05:27:47 PM »
This test doesnt seem nuanced at all, how about a 1-10 scale or something

Himu

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2020, 05:28:24 PM »
Just take the test, Cats.

Often when you take these tests you know it's testing for autism and you'll answer to that bias if you think you have it. So it's not a confirmation. It's just a way to see if you need to see a professional.

Self diagnosis shouldn't be a thing and you won't know anything hiding in the dark.

IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2020, 05:34:02 PM »
cindy this test seems garbage, id go to a doctor instead.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2020, 05:35:29 PM »
Sometimes the sound of a word or a high pitched noise can be painful to my ears

Who doesn't love high pitched noises? When my roommate is vacuuming I open the door to my room so I can hear it even more.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2020, 05:38:48 PM »
Don't push self diagnosis too far. I guess those tests can help you collect thoughts ahead of a meeting with a professional.
ὕβρις

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2020, 05:39:19 PM »
I got a pretty low score on that test (60s) but I think I maybe insulated my answers a bit and the 16 yo cut off confused me 🤷‍♀️

Idk

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2020, 05:41:47 PM »
yeah, cindi, given your tendency to latch onto identities, I'd recommend you just not think about this too hard until you've seen a professional, and even after, try not to let that define you, or even explain you.
每天生气

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2020, 05:42:07 PM »
spencer, after meeting you, I can safely say you're not autistic, just cool
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2020, 05:59:24 PM »
I never said these tests were for self diagnosis at all. They're for information and helping to see a professional.
IYKYK

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2020, 06:03:14 PM »
spencer, after meeting you, I can safely say you're not autistic, just cool

I kinda think I’m just a master masker, tbqh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2020, 06:11:06 PM »
I never said these tests were for self diagnosis at all. They're for information and helping to see a professional.

:heart
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2020, 06:12:15 PM »
I'm not making an account for the autisty test and neither should any of you.
Won't be long until AI robots come knocking at your door taking you away for experimentation.
And by the looks of this form it is all saved in plain text in the database ready for Russian hackers to find out exactly how autisty you are.

No thanks Soros
🤴

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2020, 06:18:11 PM »
You can take it without an account

Himu

« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2020, 07:33:29 PM »
Would it be rude to talk to the mother of my neighbor that is a highly autistic person about my concerns and where to get resources?
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2020, 07:54:26 PM »
big dick autisty energy  ;)

Himu

« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2020, 12:13:25 AM »
Been looking at alternatives to what I could possibly be dealing with.

This popped up.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/conditions/avoidant-personality-disorder

I don't think that's it as the problems I've been dealing with are lifelong.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 12:18:32 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2020, 02:23:25 AM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2020, 02:43:19 AM »
Total score    Language    Social relatedness    Sensory/motor    Circumscribed interests
19.0    3.0    10.0   0.0    6.0

I dunno

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2020, 03:36:40 AM »
I failed the test, no autism. I think I boosted my score slightly into the 40s because only after I had like ten left did I realize when they said "younger than 16" they actually mean like when you were 12-15 and I didn't go back to shift them to never.

The actual test, like many of these types of tests, is not "what does the question ask literally?" but "what are they asking?"

Like no, the phrase "apple of my eye" or "heart on my sleeve" doesn't fucking make sense to me as a literal description, I'd have to look them up probably to get the source code. But I know what they mean when somebody says them.

Himu

« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2020, 03:38:34 PM »
Although 7 of the boys in our study identified video games as their SIA, further analysis of the interviews revealed that often the boys hid their true SIAs in order to gain social acceptance from their peers. Participants often used video games or other popular interests as a social bridge, even if these interests were not their true SIAs. We labeled this practice the masking of special interests because we found that participants used this technique to hide perceived socially unacceptable SIAs from their peers while still interacting with them. For example, Tom said that video games were his SIA, but later revealed his passion for woodworking. 15 Peter revealed his masking process when he told us, "Uh, I'm a gamer, uh, but my favorite video game, the only one I am actually good at, would be First Person Shooters...But the truth is, I like frogs...frogsfrogsfrogsfrogs! I have, like, so many frogs at both my mom and dad's houses and I'm not going to ever sell them or give them away or stuff like that. If I was going to sell them, which I'm not, I'd be rich! Really, really, RICH!" 16

It was clear from our data that participants' positive self-images were inextricably woven into their SIAs. The participants strongly identified with their SIAs and saw themselves defined by their SIAs. SIAs are critically important to children and youth with Asperger's. Though participants' self-images apart from their SIAs were strongly negative, we found that when they were involved in activities related to their SIAs, they felt more positive about themselves. They demonstrated expertise in their SIAs, control over their knowledge and involvement in their SIAs, and increased self-confidence. One participant, Ryan, confided, "I think I've got a lot more understanding on how things work than most people. I've got a corner in the back of my brain that allows me to perfectly simulate almost anything." 17 Steve told us, "I'm the main customer at a place called Hollywood Video. I am a movie whiz!" 18

Participants expressed reluctance to tell others about their SIAs due to rejection from their peers. Participants also noted that they were frustrated at being misunderstood by others. Their SIAs were often seen as socially unacceptable, and their peers lacked understanding and interest in the participants' SIAs. Charlie wanted to clarify, "I also make dragons, not just dinosaurs, everyone needs to know what they are....dragons, Dragons, DRAGONS!" 31   Brock admitted, "I just wish they'd think planes were cool." 32

Brock also revealed his feeling of peer rejection, as well as his desire to be the expert, when he told one interviewer, "I wish [kids at school] would accept planes and, uh, not always pretend to throw up about it...I just wish they knew as much about it as I do, maybe even ... no, maybe not even more." 33

Participants clearly wanted to be recognized as experts, and accepted by their peers. "Well I first like tell 'em I'm talented, but then I like wanna prove, I mean PROVE, that I can do it." 34   Another participant stated, "Yeah...wulll...apparently, like, when I make something very good, then they'll be impressed." 35

Many participants, such as Brock, revealed social awareness in their cautious dealings with peers, testing the waters before revealing their SIAs. "First, I usually don't talk about it... and if I have a really good friend... they might come over to my house and then they'll see all these planes around and they'll tell me that planes are a really cool thing... and then I'll know." 36 Justin told us, "Video games used to be at the top of my list. Now I always put girls at the top of my list. If it's a girl, I'll hang back, observe, see what kinda things she likes and I'll move in slow and steady. One could say that I like to buy lunch for pretty girls." 37

Owen was willing to be flexible in talking with peers, saying "If they don't look interested I change the subject. I say, 'Hey, I can change my voice.'" 38   Steve, however, had learned self-preservation by backing off when teased by peers. "I don't really wish other people would know about it." 39   Charlie confided, "They wouldn't, like, care anyway." 40

https://iancommunity.org/cs/about_asds/the_special_interests_of_children_with_aspergers

Holy fucking JASD;LFA;SDFJ;

This is me. THIS IS ME!

My special interest growing up was animation. But the older I got the more it became socially unacceptable. One time in high school I gave a presentation on anime. It made me mad that people could not understand the appeal of animation. I would actually bring an anime vhs tape to school and try to have it watched.  Video games were always a good social bridge.

Holy shit.

I need to get tested.

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2020, 03:45:55 PM »
This also explains my rigid, black and white thinking.

Christ. I've been searching for a local place to get screened. Most if not all that I have surveyed are for children.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2020, 04:12:24 PM »
I just searched for psychologists in my area that are in my ACA network and get no results.

MC4A plz.

edit: Got it  :jeb
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 04:17:07 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2020, 10:40:22 PM »
Jesus Christ.

12. Personality characteristics and/or traits and abilities

A natural born leader, independent, strong-willed, determined and can be highly competitive (even with herself)

High levels of introversion OR can be extroverted

Generally lack a strong sense of self, self-esteem and/or identity. May use chameleon-like skills to assimilate and be involved with to a variety of groups or different people over time, in a search for true identity.

Has a high sense of justice and fairness, is a truth-seeker, sometimes to his/her own detriment

Highly creative and may have ‘rushes’ of original ideas

Dislikes change and may find it disorienting and stressful

Highly sensitive to criticism or perceived criticism

Dislikes being observed when having to perform (performance anxiety)

May have been told she cares too much, does too much for others and/or is too sensitive

Is perfectionistic (may have attended a perfectionism group program)

Attention to detail

Obsessions/special interests can be short-term (switching from one to another quickly) or long-term (can make a great career)

Naivety, innocence, trusting too much and taking others literally are a powerful concoction for being misused and abused

Masking: as above in this picture, giving off the illusion that everything is great or fine, when is it not. The mask often comes off at home with crying, meltdowns, or shutdowns.

A strong sense of feeling different from her peers often described as being from a different planet

May not have a sense of self and/or identity, self-esteem

Tend to be very serious, often too serious at times

Is intense in everything she does

In childhood, may have been described as highly sensitive and/or shy

Highly imaginative

May have trouble distinguishing between fantasy and reality

Does not like it when people move or touch her belongings; people interpret her as rude and aggressive

15. Sixth Sense, Intuition, Psychic Abilities

Has the ability to feel other people emotions
, take on the emotions of others

May “know” or have knowledge of certain things, but no idea how she knows, aka “vibing”

May be a professional psychic or medium

Possesses one or more psychic abilities

Is an “empath”

Sensitive to other people’s negativity

Often confused by the feelings she/he is having

May take on the pain of other, aka Mirror-Touch Synaesthesia
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 10:45:11 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2020, 11:38:14 PM »
Okay one of you needs to talk to Cindi about her DSM hypochondria because I feel like it won't mean as much coming from me.

Himu

« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2020, 04:54:32 PM »
I've tried calling psychologists and so far no luck. They said I can have psychiatry services but not psychologists. So far I'm not having any luck here or getting further to having a psychological assessment despite my attempts. It's very discouraging but I'm not giving up.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2020, 05:02:08 PM »
You can also become a Jedi, only a Sith/Autisty deals in absolutes.
🤴

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2020, 05:11:14 PM »
In major metros there are usually networks that offer counseling services on a sliding scale. Don't know your financial situation but you might be able to get with someone if you haven't recently become independently wealthy. Check out the NAMI website in your area.

Himu

« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2020, 02:55:14 AM »

Holy fuck. I realize now that I have meltdowns. I had one the other week. I was having a bad day at work. I had to hide my feelings so hard while working and I was on the verge of tears. It took every ounce of strength to hold back but when work ended and I drove home my eyes were selling with tears. Other times I get soooo angry. I threw my fan remote across the room, breaking it the other month.

I have no control when these things happen and have always had them. One time as a teenager I didn't get to record a DBZ episode (I recorded every episode on vhs every day just to be able to rewatch or so dad could watch too as it was our thing) and it didn't record. I thought I missed a new episode and went fucking NUCLEAR. I called Mupepe and he told me that there was no new episode, which calmed me down.

I've thought I was bipolar for a while now and it's a big reason I've been seeking treatment. But at this point I don't think I got it as every emotion I feel is intense. Every single one. I'm just an intense person.

No one has seen me have a meltdown publicly since middle school. This is a part of myself that I am very good at hiding and not showing anyone.

I really need to tell my therapist about this.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2020, 05:12:21 PM »
IYKYK

bdoughty

« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2020, 06:48:21 PM »
Do you live near a College? If so call their medical services and see what they offer to the public. In many cases it is cheap/free as you are helping train students but will always be under the care of a professional.  When I was diagnosed with OCD and Panic Attacks I went to Texas Tech for treatment and had access to psychiatry services and a psychologist. They even used me in multiple studies and paid me for my time as I explained to them why I could not have an amount ending $4 in my wallet and had to check the oven lights 50 times a day.

Himu

« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2020, 07:21:16 PM »
Do you live near a College? If so call their medical services and see what they offer to the public. In many cases it is cheap/free as you are helping train students but will always be under the care of a professional.  When I was diagnosed with OCD and Panic Attacks I went to Texas Tech for treatment and had access to psychiatry services and a psychologist. They even used me in multiple studies and paid me for my time as I explained to them why I could not have an amount ending $4 in my wallet and had to check the oven lights 50 times a day.

I live near a university but it's christian and I'm trans. My transsexuality will have to be brought up during any autistic assessment so it is not an option.

There used to be some state University psychological facility that I went to when I had a mental breakdown over 10 years ago.

I'm now thinking that the breakdown might have been a meltdown. It was the only time someone saw me freak like that as an adult and it was my mom.

I'm just going to save money and visit s new therapist that can diagnose. The current one can't.
IYKYK

bdoughty

« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2020, 07:26:53 PM »

I live near a university but it's christian and I'm trans. My transsexuality will have to be brought up during any autistic assessment so it is not an option.

Your transsexuality will have nothing to do with the care provided to you. Just give them a call to see what services are offered. It's only a phone call. That university takes care of every member of the LGBT on a daily basis from the students alone.

Himu

« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2020, 07:30:23 PM »
Baylor? They're still a christian university.
IYKYK

bdoughty

« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2020, 07:36:17 PM »

And they still have numerous LGBT students that use all the services daily.  You are just over an hour away from Texas A&M and Texas. If the drive is not an issue but I still recommend giving Baylor a call. 

Himu

« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2020, 07:37:21 PM »
Is it normal to think in pictures like this? Because everything in my head is a movie and why I've always been drawn to movie making

IYKYK

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2020, 09:13:32 PM »
I mean I think I'm right there with you on being a bit weary of some things surrounding mental health diagnosis; important thing is to focus on becoming aware of your behavior and how it might be influencing your problems.   At the very least that can be a catalyst for coping better (less anxiety) and possibly even improving whatever you think is a problem.

People also can take a diagnoses and not turn that into a positive outcome, or diagnosis can be wrong and lead people down the wrong path.. but I don't assume Cindi would trust a therapist unless this came from some self realization I guess and not just a "diagnosis"

If I get the diagnosis it is my fear that I'm officially broken, as this is permanent.

Without the diagnosis there is hope that there is no finality.

If you have Asp. you're not "broken," you're just wired different.

Think of it as breeder vs the Master Race (us Homo's), you're just born that way</Gaga>

If you're really that worried, just lie. What the hell are they going to do/find out unless you admit to it.

...Well, I guess being a transexual is harder to lie about... but even then what the hell are they going to do about it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/science/comments/eh9l77/nearly_three_quarters_of_americans_dont_care/ (The posts in this gives bad opinions on Catholic hospitals, but you should still give it a chance.)

Unless they attempt to force their views on you, their job is to help you. Forcing their views on you kinda goes against the oath they took to help you get better. Worst case, they won't help due to meds they can't prescribe or difference in opinion and you have to look elsewhere.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 09:22:28 PM by thisismyusername »

Himu

« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2020, 09:42:46 PM »
Catholic hospitals are very Catholic as seen in that thread. Expressing transsexuality in a Catholic setting has not ended up well for me in the past hence my reticence. Honestly I've looked at many therapists and looked out for any sign of religiosity so I could ignore them. There goes my black and white thinking again. I'm sorry but I just don't want to worry about it. I already have enough anxiety in my life than to worry about being judged from the people that are supposed to help me.

However, tomorrow I will give them a call.

Baylor was on my list of psychologists that's in my ACA network but I simply avoided them due to being religiously affiliated.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2020, 09:47:37 PM »
Aside but does anyone have any tips on quitting alcohol?
IYKYK

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

Himu

« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2020, 09:56:36 PM »
I've been smoking more weed for sure.
IYKYK

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2020, 10:17:25 PM »
Is it normal to think in pictures like this? Because everything in my head is a movie and why I've always been drawn to movie making

Huh, I can’t visualize unless I’m really fucked up or really tired. I think only in words, like speech but faster. I think it’s why I like psychedelics so much.
serge

Himu

« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2020, 10:21:50 PM »

Huh, I can’t visualize unless I’m really fucked up or really tired. I think only in words, like speech but faster.

For me it's like, if you say,"go grab me the peanut butter" I know what to look for because I know what peanut butter looks like. It has a brown inside (the butter) and usually a red or green label/top.  The brightly colored top is what I'm looking for.

But if you say,"bring me the folder from the back of my car" I won't know what the fuck you're talking about or what to look for unless I get an actual description to help the visual process like the color, size, location. What is it under? What is it next to?

If I were to ask someone to get something from my car trunk it would be extremely detailed: please get the black leather folder in the back of the car - it's next to the stack of papers."

I expect others to be as descriptive as me and it's only within the past few years that I'm realizing that most aren't.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2020, 11:40:52 PM »
Catholic hospitals are very Catholic as seen in that thread. Expressing transsexuality in a Catholic setting has not ended up well for me in the past hence my reticence. Honestly I've looked at many therapists and looked out for any sign of religiosity so I could ignore them. There goes my black and white thinking again. I'm sorry but I just don't want to worry about it. I already have enough anxiety in my life than to worry about being judged from the people that are supposed to help me.

However, tomorrow I will give them a call.

Baylor was on my list of psychologists that's in my ACA network but I simply avoided them due to being religiously affiliated.

Right, I was more pointing at the article but then I actually looked at the comments. As it is, like I said: The worst they can do is deny you service for your transexuality.

Definitely give them a chance. The worst case is that they aren't a good fit (due to religion or otherwise) beyond their religious doctrine for their medical/hospital. There is a bunch of atheist or otherwise therapists that are poor just like there are good ones that may be religious (but not the one that you choose as a religion), give them a chance and certainly try-try-try different therapists if possible if you think the one you get doesn't fit. Because:

There goes my black and white thinking again.

Speaking as someone with that, it'll certainly make you feel "this isn't working, maybe therapy isn't for me" when it's just you two not "click"ing. It happens to everyone.

Himu

« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2020, 11:58:42 PM »
Apparently being autist is VERY high in the LGBT community.

:larry
IYKYK

Kara

« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2020, 01:48:45 AM »

How heavy is the drinking?

Himu

« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2020, 02:24:30 AM »

Whenever I see alcohol. Can't say no.
IYKYK

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2020, 04:57:59 AM »

:lucille
Margs

thisismyusername

« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2020, 07:15:49 AM »

You might have an addiction problem if that's the case.

IANAP, but definitely talk to them about it if you're worried. Like you can't stop buying alcohol and need to drink it daily worried.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2020, 07:16:57 AM »

:mynicca
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2020, 11:38:24 AM »
everyone is autistic

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2020, 12:00:48 PM »
I’m pretty reliant on weed tbqh, but I don’t mind. I prefer me when I am medicated thusly

Himu

« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2020, 12:58:33 AM »
I was diagnosed with ADHD as a teen.

The more I read the more i see the symptoms of ADHD and autism intertwine and I'm starting to doubt my diagnosis.

To be true, I've always doubted it. The teacher that suggested my mom take me to get get testing was a science class and I aced that class. She told my mother that I might have ADHD and to have me tested but I never struggled in that class. In middle school, if I was struggling, I would stay after school for extra lessons without even being asked and take the 5:00 bus home. I would do homework as soon as I got home. In English class in 8th grade there was a time when I was the only student that did a good job on an assignment. The only subjects I struggled with were math related (fuck math btw).

The ADHD diagnosis literally made no sense to me and on the contrary, I actually started to have problems with schooling when I started taking ADHD medicine for treatment. I started procrastinating when I previously didn't do so for instance.

I have never really exhibited the full symptoms of ADHD. I never zoned out during class. Band, art, science (so long as math wasn't involved), English, writing, history...I fucked em all up. The only struggles were Spanish and math.

My only real ADHD symptom was lack of organization, or executive function, and well, look what we have here.

The experience she explains with struggling with organization compounded with the struggle with social issues feel far more resonant to me than ADHD.
IYKYK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2020, 10:42:30 AM »
This all started with your therapist mentioning that this could be the case.  Have they followed up with that or you followed up with them? 

You seem to be seeing a lot of similarities between known aspergers/autistic symptoms with yourself, but I'm not entirely sure that is a good way about going about this since a lot of times when people do self-diagnosis they only see positive matches with symptoms and ignore unmatching ones.  I don't mean for this to be a criticism and I'm glad you seem kind of excited about this (as Esch said 'Happy you're on a journey of self realization, dawg.'), but I think being a bit cautious might be prudent. 

edit:  NM I missed most of page 2.

Himu

« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2020, 01:58:50 PM »
I didn't know what to say. I cannot self diagnose and I won't self diagnose. However, I'm excited that there is actually something fits my symptoms and life story. I don't feel alone anymore and it feels very affirming. That is an emotion that is hard to hide. At the same time I'm fully aware this doesn't mean anything beyond a feeling of a hint. But it has sparked an intense desire for more treatment.

No new therapy update because I've been sick the last few days.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2020, 11:18:31 PM »
Today was bad day. Was at work and something happened and felt negative emotions the rest of the day not knowing how to handle them. Thought I was going to break down but I made it. It's good to see the signs now and what to look for after reading resources even if I don't have a diagnosis. Thought I was going to meltdown. I did shut people out at work after but I survived. I need to work on how to deal with my very strong emotions without shutting out the world.

On the flip side, I managed to get everything done today. :)
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2020, 02:02:39 PM »
Chatted to Baylor earlier this week and have my appointment set up :)
IYKYK

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2020, 02:09:00 PM »
Good luck Cindi. Haven’t posted in here because I usually only post snarky stuff to amuse myself, but I hope you find out stuff that helps you out
serge