Author Topic: Is DOOM Eternal the most metal FPS since Powerslave?  (Read 17820 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Is DOOM Eternal the most metal FPS since Powerslave?
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2020, 08:11:34 AM »
Told you guys this was Super Mario Galaxy 2
🤴

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2020, 10:52:17 AM »
but super mario galaxy 2 was good
fat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2020, 08:52:35 PM »
The platforming is so fluid and intuitive that I don't mind it at all, and it lets the levels be more open and expansive [without relying on things like elevators or just throwing in moving platforms that automatically take you to the next part of the level].
dog

El Babua

« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2020, 12:03:41 AM »
Just reached mission 5. The encounters are already at the craziness of the last 2 levels of 2016 and I haven't even gotten all my weapons yet.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2020, 10:13:11 AM »
I beat the game (Extra Lives Mode - Hurt Me Plenty) and unfortunately hit either a bug or intended design where I can't play Mission Select to get the last achievement. If I want the achievement I need to replay the game up to the Famine Cheat (pretty much close to end of game) just to replay a mission.

I spent yesterday playing Battlemode since nobody is gonna play it past the first month to get the achievements.

I didn't really enjoy Battlemode. Just another forced multiplayer in a game that doesn't need it.

Started playing Doom 64, turns out the achievements are pretty easy (especially if you use passwords) but I'm gonna play the campaign since I haven't really.
fat

kingv

« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2020, 11:42:22 AM »
Battle mode seems super heavily stacked against the doom guy. Everybody always just picks the strongest monster and rushes him down,

Imo, a mode that had 4 doom guys in a wave based multiplayer might have actually been fun.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2020, 12:32:34 PM »
Not gonna link it, but Patrick and friends on the Vice podcast are doing some  :exxy towards Doom Eternal, in that kind of self-serious way that makes them all so easy to dislike.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 12:42:56 PM by Tuckers Law »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2020, 12:45:47 PM »
What are the complaints?

Tuckers Law

« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2020, 01:01:04 PM »
I’m at work and can’t listen to it, but their terribly edited transcript excerpt and the user comments have me thinking it’s because of a perceived tonal shift in the story telling, and also that the game’s combat is more frenetic and “difficult” than Doom 2016 (to be fair, I’m just assuming here that these guys are generally terrible at games).

I spotted this little bonus nugget from the comments of their review thread  :lol :lol, maybe should be posted in the shit thread:

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2020, 01:30:41 PM »
THE ALT RIGHT IS AT IT AGAIN #GAMERGATE
dog

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2020, 02:18:40 PM »
Battle mode seems super heavily stacked against the doom guy. Everybody always just picks the strongest monster and rushes him down,

Imo, a mode that had 4 doom guys in a wave based multiplayer might have actually been fun.

It depends. Lots of people I played were pretty much learning the game but in my experience:

- Super Shotgun + Ballista are stupid. Super Shotgun lets you close gap with meathook AND it gives shield on hit. Ballista does 600 damage ANYWHERE its basically a hipfire sniper rifle. 3 hits and they're dead. (I actually think the damage numbers are wonky and not correct, but the ballista can kill you in 3 shots ANYWHERE)
- Doomguy just has to do one chainsaw and he reloads his ammo + gains health + gets a speed boost. The "loot blocker" ability from the monster might as well be non existent. Its a waste of an ability. It needs to last longer.
- If you play Pain Elemental you are literally a HUGE target for said Ballista. Where the fuck is a Pain Elemental going to hide? I'm farming your ass LMAO. Same with the Mancubus. Skinnier / fast enemies like Marauder and Revenant or even Archvile are better choices. I literally farmed two monsters so much they both quit since the FIRST ROUND went on for 20 minutes. I'm not trapped with you - you're trapped with ME baby.
- If you have to pick a monster, I had the best experience with the Mancubus. It's very tanky, and the flamethrower can melt doomguy. I would pop a smoke on him and just burst him down. Archvile is decent too. Pain Elemental is straight trash.
- The mode is straight lag, it's a terrible experience. Not sure PC uses actual servers but I know for sure console is P2P of some kind.

Honestly if you play a GOOD doomguy, doomguy is stupid broken. I don't necessarily agree with people saying doomguy is weak.

I've had games where I straight shit on a doomguy (new player, bad player) and I've had games where a doomguy just dances around laughing cause they have more features and movement and abilities that outclass the monsters.
fat

kingv

« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2020, 10:32:42 PM »

It depends. Lots of people I played were pretty much learning the game but in my experience:

- Super Shotgun + Ballista are stupid. Super Shotgun lets you close gap with meathook AND it gives shield on hit. Ballista does 600 damage ANYWHERE its basically a hipfire sniper rifle. 3 hits and they're dead. (I actually think the damage numbers are wonky and not correct, but the ballista can kill you in 3 shots ANYWHERE)
- Doomguy just has to do one chainsaw and he reloads his ammo + gains health + gets a speed boost. The "loot blocker" ability from the monster might as well be non existent. Its a waste of an ability. It needs to last longer.
- If you play Pain Elemental you are literally a HUGE target for said Ballista. Where the fuck is a Pain Elemental going to hide? I'm farming your ass LMAO. Same with the Mancubus. Skinnier / fast enemies like Marauder and Revenant or even Archvile are better choices. I literally farmed two monsters so much they both quit since the FIRST ROUND went on for 20 minutes. I'm not trapped with you - you're trapped with ME baby.
- If you have to pick a monster, I had the best experience with the Mancubus. It's very tanky, and the flamethrower can melt doomguy. I would pop a smoke on him and just burst him down. Archvile is decent too. Pain Elemental is straight trash.
- The mode is straight lag, it's a terrible experience. Not sure PC uses actual servers but I know for sure console is P2P of some kind.

Honestly if you play a GOOD doomguy, doomguy is stupid broken. I don't necessarily agree with people saying doomguy is weak.

I've had games where I straight shit on a doomguy (new player, bad player) and I've had games where a doomguy just dances around laughing cause they have more features and movement and abilities that outclass the monsters.

Every time I have played it’s just two marauders (or whatever the evil doom guy is called). They are as fast as me and can take more damage. Never lasted more than a minute or two.

Only played two matches though.

Also: Jesus talk about some dorks that can’t take a joke.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2020, 10:15:50 AM »
How's the soundtrack in this one? Easily the best part of DOOM 2016.

Going through the music I can find on youtube there's nothing I like as much as BFG Division and Rip and Tear from 2016.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2020, 11:04:48 AM »
Honestly I don't think it's as good as 2016 either.

I think the only music that was bangin to me was the general fight music, and I think the Gladiator fight (with the chanting - there was a video about how Mick brought in metal singers as the choir)

« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 11:09:51 AM by demi »
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2020, 11:55:58 AM »
So yeah, I think the general concencus at this point is that 2016 is a better shooter.

Eternal hasnt grabbed me at all. What a shame.
What

paprikastaude

« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2020, 11:58:15 AM »
Not gonna link it, but Patrick and friends on the Vice podcast are doing some  :exxy towards Doom Eternal, in that kind of self-serious way that makes them all so easy to dislike.

So don't give this attention whoring idiocy any attention.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2020, 12:03:49 PM »
My post was talking about the music specifically. I think Eternal is just as good as Doom 2016. It's [more doom] like... not sure what the issue is.
fat

Tuckers Law

« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2020, 02:26:13 PM »

So don't give this attention whoring idiocy any attention.

Ah, the Nintex rule.  Maybe I spend too much time reading the shit thread, because making fun of dumb takes is like catnip at this point.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2020, 06:38:12 PM »
Game is fucking badass.

The ARC base (level 5 I think) might legit be the best FPS level I’ve ever played. The fucking music while ripping and tearing shit’s giving me a chubby  :lawd

Finished the gladiator fight, but I think I still have 5 or so levels left. Been taking it slow since the game is super draining (in a good way!), plus I’m alternating with AC.
Margs

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2020, 08:08:23 PM »
Anyone who thinks this game isn't better than 2016 is full of shite. Especially if you're posting hot takes like (hmm this game is kinda shallow) after you're two levels in using a shotgun and machine gun with 3/4 of the game locked to you

Levels- Eternal slaps it. 2016 had 2 modes. Mars Base and Hell Castle. In eternal even with the "hell levels" you have castle, meat pile, corrupted city. Not to mention the weird viking planet stuff, different urban earth enviroments (office building/ARC building vs shiny and chrome, snowy cultist base)

Gameplay/Combat- Eternal Slaps it. The weakpoint system makes the game so much more engaging during encounters, the gore deformation is awesome. returning monsters have all had way better mechanics added. the bigger bestiary also adds some much needed variety as i thought 2016 hella ran out of steam by the end. although even then this game could have used maybe 1-2 more in the *spoiler* area as it's weird there's only that one themed type

Music: Might give this one to the original. Slayer gate song + the combat song on arc labs does slap though

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2020, 03:58:37 PM »
Finished it last night on the easiest difficulty.

I thought about ramping it up to a higher difficulty, but honestly the last two levels I could have seen being very frustrating on a higher difficulty setting with a controller. Shit got fairly challenging even on the easiest (other than I had like 25 extra lives at that point). But I did die a few times on the final boss.

Good game, but kind of ran out of steam at the end. I don’t think I could have dealt with two more levels. I thought the story was pretty good, and an interesting way to add lore. I like how it eludes to the original doom games but it doesn’t exactly fold them into the narrative.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #142 on: March 25, 2020, 05:32:18 PM »
I guess I just like the simplicity of Doom 2016 more.

kingv

« Reply #143 on: March 25, 2020, 09:52:15 PM »
I felt the same way for the first 2 levels or so.

It kind of has its own groove to it but you need to play it a bit to get used to it.

Imo they really start you off with not enough ammo, and that is an issue on the beginning. Until i got an ammo upgrade and a few guns, I felt like it was too much management of the various ammo amounts and chainsaw gauges, but by the end of the game it was hardy a concern.

I also think they make you guns do more damage as the game goes on. Some enemies that were difficult in the early game I felt like I just straight blasted through them by the end of the game with a lot less trouble.

Really noticed this with revenants. It felt like they took a lot of shots in the early game, but by the end one three round lock on of rockets would kill one.

remy

« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2020, 08:18:44 PM »
I also think they make you guns do more damage as the game goes on. Some enemies that were difficult in the early game I felt like I just straight blasted through them by the end of the game with a lot less trouble.

Really noticed this with revenants. It felt like they took a lot of shots in the early game, but by the end one three round lock on of rockets would kill one.
Yeah revenants eat shit when you shoot them with rockets. I don't think all your guns get buffed or anything though, Zombies consistently take about the same amount of damage from the heavy cannon to stagger the whole way through. I think its a combination of getting better and the game + the late game guns just own some of the early monsters.

If I have a problem with this game, it's that the keybinds are moronic. Chainsaw should have been on R (reload), flame thrower on F, (duh) maybe grenade switch on c. I have no idea why they though switching weapon mods needed to be right there on F, but maybe that's just me because I never use more than 1 mod.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 10:21:56 PM by remy »

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2020, 12:11:05 AM »
i thought i was cool and started this game on nightmare. bumped that shit right down as soon as i fought the first arachnotron.
pcp

kingv

« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2020, 02:36:40 AM »
The mobility of some demons like the arachnotron and the snake dudes really made me wish I had bought it on PC at times. The lock on is fairly weak compared to like call of duty, so those guys can really be a PITA the way they move.

The slayer hunter or evil doom guy or whatever he is called with the shield was pretty consistently a challenge, could seldom hold a good head on him with anything other than the super shotgun.

BIONIC

« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2020, 08:22:25 AM »
Finished it last night. Damn good game overall.

Biggest issues I’d say are the blue muck areas. “Let’s make a game that’s all about speed and forcibly slow you for no good reason or payoff  :derp :derp :derp”, and the final boss being ass with a misleading first phase (it says destroy 7 armor pieces but there are actually 8 ).

I’ve never played a shooter that makes you feel this empowered and badass. Fucking awesome trip.

id  :salute
Margs

remy

« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2020, 06:15:20 AM »
Maybe they can drop all pretenses in nuDoom 3 and add some quake 1 lovecraft shit and the strogg. But so far everything here is varied enough in a cool way.

Based Hugo. Best western dev. I'm up for whatever this team comes up with next.
I'm almost certain the next game they'll do is gonna be quake in this style, after Hugo name dropped it on Joe rogan

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2020, 08:33:14 AM »
the strogg have a LOT more potential that was never fully tapped in to. too bad quake 4 already took the cool plot twist of turning your character into one.

anyway i'm on level 3 of this and loving it so far. the visuals are fucking insane; i never imagined doom 2 visuals could be made into something like this. the gameplay is incredible, although i can see how some people don't like it. it does take a lot more effort to manage everything during a firefight, and whenever i get surrounded i end up button mashing out of frustration because it's overwhelming. using abilities to draw out ammo and health is intuitive enough, but having to dash to avoid projectiles and especially having to hit the tiny weak points on enemies starts to make it feel a little convoluted. i hate the weak points in particular because you have to be way more precise than a controller can allow. it does help that the map design is SUPERB. half these arenas feel like they could be mini quake 3 levels, with the jumppads and teleporters everywhere. it's fucking beautiful.

there's so much more i could ramble on about, like all the amazing and corny easter eggs in the mc's room, the cool unlockable from doom 64, or the absolutely fuck-awful ui (seriously the worst part of the game; what were they thinking with this convoluted ugly bs?), but i need to go back and play bc god damn this game is fun.
pcp

BIONIC

« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2020, 08:53:49 AM »
I chose the blood red UI color (last one I think) and never looked back. Looks pretty decent I think.

The default colors are disgustingly garish   :yuck
Margs

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2020, 09:34:37 AM »
i did the same. it was just too hideous. even besides the colors everything is an overcrowded, overwhelming mess.
pcp

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2020, 11:44:44 AM »
there is PRIME LOOT  :lol

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2020, 12:36:18 PM »
Just wanna say that this game looks beautiful. Par of me wishes they'd go just a little weirder, more eldritch, more wicked with the art design but it does look and play like dream.

We're never gonna get that proper sequel to Quake 1 bro.

:tocry

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #154 on: March 28, 2020, 04:46:44 PM »
i've been using those strategies, but it's still rough going a lot of the time. trying to use a controller to carefully line up a shot is hard enough, trying to do it in half a second when i have to dodge an incoming shot while watching out for the guys chasing me from behind is really really hard. it's not a terrible design decision or anything, it just feels like sometimes it requires me to be a little too precise.

it also doesn't help that my fucking dualshock chooses now of all times to go crazy with dropped inputs and huge left-stick deadzones. fuck me.
pcp

kingv

« Reply #155 on: March 28, 2020, 05:56:37 PM »
I feel like chronostrike is almost necessary on consoles.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #156 on: March 28, 2020, 07:08:05 PM »
Disagree, I played game just fine without it

On Hurt Me Plenty I used:

- Super Shotgun (masterworked - the flamehook + shield on hit is probably OP)
- Shotgun (sticky bomb has stupid aim assist for spider turrets, revenants, and cacodemons)
- Rocket Launcher (lock-on mod)

- Ice Bomb (fully upgraded - makes the frag grenade absolutely useless. Increased Damage + Health on Hit/Kill + Giving you breathing room? Ok sure)

- Speed Boost on Glory Kill
- Blood Punch gives health on kill
- Faster Glory Kill
fat

kingv

« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2020, 07:48:13 PM »
Huh, I maxed frag and barely touched the ice.

Super shotgun has a shield on hit? I knew about the flame hook. They made that weapon super fun to use.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #158 on: March 28, 2020, 08:07:30 PM »
I need to make myself use the super shotgun more. I have also ignored ice grenades, will check.  :thinking

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2020, 11:18:39 AM »
Apparently the chants during the Gladiator fight are saying "Kar En Tuk" which means "Rip And Tear" in the Sentinel language. Dope
fat

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2020, 11:22:13 AM »
amazing to me that a stupid line from a shitty forgotten comic could, 20+ years later, become the catchphrase for the series
pcp

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #161 on: March 30, 2020, 11:25:24 AM »
That's usually how things go. Seeds.

El Babua

« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2020, 01:45:48 AM »
I love how missions 9/10/11

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Taras Nabad and Nekravol
[close]

Both not only just resemble late 90s FPS maps aesthetically, but also in how they perfectly capture that era's janky ass FPS swimming and platforming

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #163 on: March 31, 2020, 08:19:55 PM »
the whole game honestly felt more unreal than doom. I like it and it's been fun, but am about halfway through last(?) level and am kinda done with it tbh. will push through to open up the cheats etc. but kind of wish it was over after tower, will see what's up in final stretch.

El Babua

« Reply #164 on: April 06, 2020, 10:03:26 PM »
Beat it, on Ultra-Violence.

This is a better game than 2016 though it hasn't given me as strong of an impression. Might just be because I'm already familiar to the core gameplay and most of the additions have been mainly mechanical. Perhaps a Nightmare run may make appreciate it more just like replaying on UV did for 2016.

Combat wise, it took a lot of things 2016 did right and amp it up. A lot of people have mixed feelings on the resource management aspect, but I liked it. Kept you on your toes and forced you to recognize the enemies on the screen more than you otherwise would. Even though the developers knew it was the case in 2016, the Balista and SSG are still OP af once fully upgraded. Not that I mind. Zipping around with the SSG might be the best gameplay mechanic ever in an FPS.

Platforming was more of a mixed bag. Not really challenging but could get janky, especially the swimming.

Overall, great game! GOTY so far.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2020, 03:40:42 AM »
I was starting to enjoy this, but the Marauder is really hard. Eh I guess this is too hard for me.

El Babua

« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2020, 11:48:26 PM »
Marauders by themselves aren't too difficult once you know how they work. Once you figure that out, the challenge goes from "How do I beat them?" to "How do I move around the arena/deal with enemies within the arena as I try to take this guy out?"

Even though most of the vids defending the Marauders and the combat style in general have just been 10 minute long "git gud's" it's pretty much what I believe as well lol

kingv

« Reply #167 on: April 08, 2020, 10:39:56 PM »
There are games where I knew I would have to play more than I wanted to to progress further, but typically I just stopped playing them.

Like I’m not a huge dark souls fan, but that’s.... fine? Like I just don’t play those games.

I didn’t like the marauders in doom, really, but I never actually knew that shooting them caused the dogs, that’s kind of interesting actually.

The biggest problem I had with them really had more to do with the fact I was playing on Xbox with a controller and my fine aim is not so hot on a controller so I felt really trapped into using the shotgun. Would not have felt that way on a mouse where moving between the dog and the dude is less difficult.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2020, 08:42:06 PM »
Started playing on Nightmare difficulty, even the first level alone is better than most of Doom 2016 for me. Something about enemy variety and the art style, music too, it all vibes together way better for me.

OH!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2020, 06:18:44 PM »
Rip and Teared my way through the first and most of the second level

Yeah this is DOOM alright, the soundtrack rocks, demons were killed

DOOM/10
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2020, 02:11:51 PM »
That sucks. :fbm
dog

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #171 on: May 04, 2020, 02:22:01 PM »
wow, they really laid it ALL out. it sucks because mick's soundtracks were so good, but it sounds like underdelivering + taking those shots on social media pushed id over the edge. might not have been so bad if dipfucks weren't going out of their way to shit on id's sound tech. misplaced stupid gamer rage claims another victim.
pcp

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #172 on: May 04, 2020, 02:45:29 PM »
©@©™

remy

« Reply #173 on: May 04, 2020, 08:39:51 PM »
There's a reason why collectors edition OSTs are usually just a few tracks,. mixing and mastering music takes a long ass time.

Sounds like id overpromised and mick/the quality of the soundtrack had to take the fall. There's also that whole thing where he recommended that studio in australia for the job who were never contacted by Beth/id- so there's more to the story than what they're letting on.

El Babua

« Reply #174 on: May 04, 2020, 08:55:57 PM »
Considering how Bethesda has conducted business in the past when working with contractors or independent studios, Im not going to believe this wholesale. I can’t help but find it hard to believe a composer would promise such a big project would be completed in such a short amount of time.

Things really start to break for me when you hear that they didn’t have him signed on to produce the OST before promising it as part of the collectors edition. Seems like a major oversight to me. The excessive praise for Mick in the post sounds like  they are definitely trying to cover their asses if Mick had any inclination of suing for defamation.

Hopefully we hear more of Mick’s side.

Agreed.

Bethesda, and Zenimax by extension have been one of the skeeviest publishers when it comes to treating outside developers.

Their whole MO of buying out contracted developers after giving them impossible milestones and holding off funding until they agreed to a buyout has been well documented. I believe they tried the same shit with Obsidian. Not surprised if they fucked over Mick in some capacity.

El Babua

« Reply #175 on: May 31, 2020, 08:01:25 PM »
Beat it, on Ultra-Violence.

This is a better game than 2016 though it hasn't given me as strong of an impression. Might just be because I'm already familiar to the core gameplay and most of the additions have been mainly mechanical. Perhaps a Nightmare run may make appreciate it more just like replaying on UV did for 2016.

Combat wise, it took a lot of things 2016 did right and amp it up. A lot of people have mixed feelings on the resource management aspect, but I liked it. Kept you on your toes and forced you to recognize the enemies on the screen more than you otherwise would. Even though the developers knew it was the case in 2016, the Balista and SSG are still OP af once fully upgraded. Not that I mind. Zipping around with the SSG might be the best gameplay mechanic ever in an FPS.

Platforming was more of a mixed bag. Not really challenging but could get janky, especially the swimming.

Overall, great game! GOTY so far.

So I just started a Nightmare run and I have to say, I sure am appreciating the combat more.

Before restarting the game, I thought the earlier levels would be a slog due to the lack of guns, equipment and abilities you have at the beginning of the game. And I was wrong. The game gives you everything you need to easily beat the level, with just two weapons and no equipment launcher until about the halfway mark. Knowing the potential for all the guns and equipment, as well as the best ways to engage in combat with the enemies presented, I blasted through the initial swarm of Imps, Cacos and soldiers with my Grenade-Launcher Shotgun attachment, and sniped off Arachnatrons with the Machine Gun scope. Also, if you're going solo against a heavy after clearing the screen of other enemies, you can quick swap between the grenade launcher and scope instead of waiting for their respective attachment cooldowns and bring them down super quick.

The fact that the game taught me to be creative in the use of those above mechanics, as well as teaching me the best way to use them made the whole level an easier experience (and DEFINITELY a more fun one) compared to my first run. Initial launch impressions made me concerned about ammo issues since I kept running out like everyone else online, but had no issues this time through. Using the chainsaw became second-nature thanks to me internalizing the game's combat cadence. Heck, the level gives you way more gas and ammo than you need lol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #176 on: August 07, 2020, 05:21:10 PM »
dog

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #177 on: October 03, 2020, 07:25:15 PM »
Playing this now on Xbox. WoW. What a tremendous game.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2020, 03:36:50 PM »
hey CUCKS

the DLC is out

put some hair on your fucking nuts

buy it

DOOM
fat

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2020, 05:31:17 PM »
Then use the promo code PISS at manscaped.com for 20% off your order and free shipping!
(ice)