Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3134041 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #10380 on: April 14, 2020, 10:22:24 AM »
now watch all those militant posters get triggered when the "are all men sexist?" thread is made as they stammer out "n-not me! i voted hillary!"

https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-all-white-people-racist.184470/page-4#post-31268733
Quote from: Ryuelli
And I don't know what to tell you. All I'm saying is that I've never believed women to be inferior to men, and I was absolutely not raised to believe that either. Not sure what else I can say. Yes, obviously social programming and mass media can and does have an effect on people (me included). I'm not going to admit to something I've never felt.
Quote from: UraMallas
Just to be clear. Your claim is that you have never had a misogynistic thought?
Quote from: Ryuelli
Nope. Grew up with a dad who never really pushed me to do "masculine" things and never went to college and a mom who's a teacher and has 2 master's degrees. When the most powerful person in my personal life has always been a women, why the hell would I be prejudiced against them?

Can't say I haven't had misandrious thoughts before though.

:bolo

this nicca was raised as a simp :tocry
(ice)

samir

« Reply #10381 on: April 14, 2020, 10:25:26 AM »
If a guy who says "freeze distinguished black fellow" and shoots at a black person thinks he is not a racist I can only imagine what regular whites think about themselves.

:nintendo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10382 on: April 14, 2020, 11:28:30 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-all-white-people-racist.184470/page-13#post-31292844
Quote from: inguef
Quote from: crimsonred
As a white person who largely mingles for with white professionals in the tech field... yes.
So you are racist?
Quote from: crimsonred
Subconsciously most definitely. Its something I and I am sure others struggle with.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-all-white-people-racist.184470/page-13#post-31301346
Quote from: PrivateWHudson
I don't think I'm playing a victim, or trying to defend anything. If a POC wants to say that all white people are racist, that's completely understandable. I'm just answering the question as to whether they all actually are. If I'm told that something I said or did is racist, then I'll be more than happy to listen and change my behavior. Just trying to figure out if it's even possible to not be racist as a white person, and I hope that it is.
Quote from: RedMercury
Again I think this is part of the issue, is people get so hung up on if they are perceived as racist, if that label is affixed to them that the broader mission of moving things in the right direction is lost. The thought or concern shouldn't end at "are all white people racist", that should be like a catalyst to "now what are we doing to move forward from that".
Quote from: Hobbes
Yep.

Also, I think people need to go to the "who replied" button and see what Nepenthe and Urban Scholar shared. Just reading it should provide perspective that is not owed.

:brain :brain :brain :brain :brain
ど助平

Hermit

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 11:35:38 AM by bork »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10384 on: April 14, 2020, 11:33:13 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-all-white-people-racist.184470/page-14#post-31301931
Quote from: Nepenthe
Quote from: Vincent Alexander
So what is it about racism that makes everyone want to immediately declare they aren't racist?
It's simple. Racism is something commonly considered both categorically evil and a conscious act of will.

White people don't want to be considered consciously evil, especially leftist ones.

So instead of coming to grips with the fact that they're not the heroes of this story (again, really hard to do when you've been raised in a system that says you are the hero as ordained by God), they instead deny and lash out.

But kill white babies lolamirite
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10385 on: April 14, 2020, 11:42:54 AM »
killing white babies is just removing racists from the planet :rollsafe

Tasty

« Reply #10386 on: April 14, 2020, 11:44:26 AM »
:dead

(Image removed from quote.)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/no-butts-on-disney-plus.184473/post-31274889

Tbf they re-edited the entire last 20 mins of the movie cause of 9/11, so painting over scenes in response to anticipated controversy isn't anything new for Lilo & Stitch. :(

Hermit

« Reply #10387 on: April 14, 2020, 11:47:41 AM »
nep watches too many movies with white saviors if she thinks most white people have a "hero" complex

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #10388 on: April 14, 2020, 11:47:54 AM »
as a learned study of the language of written text

:awesome

Shuri

« Reply #10389 on: April 14, 2020, 11:48:35 AM »
I wish people would work on improving themselves and their  relationships with other persons instead of preaching to the choir and self congratulating each other on forums.

They could change their life around considerably and also being exposed to other people, cultures and point of views would do wonders to how they feel about the world.

:doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10390 on: April 14, 2020, 11:48:50 AM »
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10391 on: April 14, 2020, 11:50:30 AM »
omg the poll

It's a very nuanced answer that is yes/no

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10392 on: April 14, 2020, 11:53:26 AM »
If this keeps up in about 8 weeks IsolationEra will ask who still has his dick and why the evil whites and sexists haven't yet castrated themselves.  :lol
🤴

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #10393 on: April 14, 2020, 11:58:48 AM »
So those cacs who answered yes would be ok with someone telling their bosses that they’re racist right?
Oi Oi

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #10394 on: April 14, 2020, 12:02:14 PM »
but being a racist doesn't mean what you think it means! sort of, when it suits us for it to mean what it used to mean it means that, but it doesn't mean that right now

is what I'm getting from some of these quotes
(ice)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10395 on: April 14, 2020, 12:02:37 PM »
Again I think this is part of the issue, is people get so hung up on if they are perceived as racist, if that label is affixed to them that the broader mission of moving things in the right direction is lost. The thought or concern shouldn't end at "are all white people racist", that should be like a catalyst to "now what are we doing to move forward from that".

they're stuck in this weird dichotomy where they want racism to be a strict binary thing (which is odd when you think how strongly they feel about non-binary)

it's an on-off switch permanently stuck to ON for whites

"what, I'm not racist"
"yes you are, yes all whites"

but then they also want it to be a spectrum and something you can "move forward" from, to learn and to grow and to be better

well shit dog if there's a spectrum then maybe the white person you're accusing is 1% racist as opposed to the 50% racists and 80% racists out there

is it worth calling someone racist in the binary sense and diluting the impact of the phrase if they've got barely anything left to improve about their behavior?
Uncle

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #10396 on: April 14, 2020, 12:10:19 PM »
Well I know one Resetera admin who is definitely racist.
Oi Oi

jorma

« Reply #10397 on: April 14, 2020, 12:17:41 PM »
but being a racist doesn't mean what you think it means! sort of, when it suits us for it to mean what it used to mean it means that, but it doesn't mean that right now

is what I'm getting from some of these quotes

It went so well when we were introduced to "rape culture" that they decided to double down on the inflammatory words that gets people defensive but actually sometimes means something different and less inflammatory than what it sounds like it means.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10398 on: April 14, 2020, 12:30:56 PM »

:delicious

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10399 on: April 14, 2020, 12:37:03 PM »

they're stuck in this weird dichotomy where they want racism to be a strict binary thing (which is odd when you think how strongly they feel about non-binary)

it's an on-off switch permanently stuck to ON for whites

"what, I'm not racist"
"yes you are, yes all whites"

but then they also want it to be a spectrum and something you can "move forward" from, to learn and to grow and to be better

well shit dog if there's a spectrum then maybe the white person you're accusing is 1% racist as opposed to the 50% racists and 80% racists out there

is it worth calling someone racist in the binary sense and diluting the impact of the phrase if they've got barely anything left to improve about their behavior?

Which Marvel or Disney movie does this best associate with so I can get a frame of reference
ど助平

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10400 on: April 14, 2020, 12:40:40 PM »
Which Marvel or Disney movie does this best associate with so I can get a frame of reference

when Ant-Man shrinks it would be accurate to say he's just a little racist, but overall he's still racist
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10401 on: April 14, 2020, 12:51:51 PM »
The're a reason they all like Captain America.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10402 on: April 14, 2020, 12:54:01 PM »
Whens the last time urban scholars grandparents invited a non-binary asexual over for dinner?

THATS WHAT I THOUGHT, YOU TRANSPHOBIC PIECE OF SHIT

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10403 on: April 14, 2020, 12:54:44 PM »
so many characters to try and recalculate an equation so that in fact two wrongs do in fact make a right

Shuri

« Reply #10404 on: April 14, 2020, 01:09:34 PM »
how many fucking mcdonalds threads do you need on a forum, really.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10405 on: April 14, 2020, 01:15:47 PM »
fucking brown enablists?

That yes/no answer is still fucking ethering my soul.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10406 on: April 14, 2020, 01:18:27 PM »
So instead of coming to grips with the fact that they're not the heroes of this story (again, really hard to do when you've been raised in a system that says you are the hero as ordained by God), they instead deny and lash out.

I don't need to write anymore, I can just steal words from nep.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10407 on: April 14, 2020, 01:19:14 PM »
it sounds Trumpian even

very nuanced, very excellent and great, I might add, lots of nuance
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10408 on: April 14, 2020, 01:23:11 PM »

Looks like I posted this video too early!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-all-white-people-racist.184470/page-14#post-31312725
Quote from: Lone
I remember getting into an argument about it with my 'white' friends at the time in high school and it was really eye opening how tone-deaf, uncharismatic and dismissive they were.

It started with a conversation of if 'reverse racism' is real, if black people could be racist to whites. I said, no, because racism heavily relies on a concept of hierarchy, and systematic and institutional concepts to justify oppression. We as black people do not hold power over whites, period. Their response was, 'Well, if I go into the hood and black people look at me and judge me and call me cracker then that's racist!'.

Sigh. Such kindergarten ways of thinking. In one way, the concept is quite simple. In another, it's severely complex and I've just begun to accept the fact that white people just don't get it and will never get it.

You all just want to feel so good about yourselves for being an exception (when are you really an exception? what do you do to consistently improve/further the lives of black and brown people? or do you just go about your day, see some racecar driver on Twitch say the n word, think to yourself 'wow, i'm not like that!' and go on about your day?). So fine. You're not racist. So again, what are you doing to break down white supremacy, to combat that very evil mind of thinking? You're not, because you benefit from it. Even the most 'unracist white person' doesn't do enough, because at the end of the day, they continue to benefit from it in ways that is just 'normal life' to them. Y'all are not doing enough. As plenty of us have pointed out, we have TOLD you over and over what the solutions could be. We've done the hard work as we usually do. But y'all just don't care because you're too afraid, offended (lol) to be smacked on the back of the head about reality to actually do something about it.

White tears are white people's greatest weapon.

ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10409 on: April 14, 2020, 01:26:18 PM »
why is their idea of racism so black and white (:teehee) focused? have they not seen how asians treat black people or how asians treat other asians? that shit is next level racism :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10410 on: April 14, 2020, 01:27:04 PM »
THE post, part two:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-all-white-people-racist.184470/page-14#post-31312347
Quote from: GhostTrick
It's simple. Racism is something commonly considered both categorically evil and a conscious act of will.

White people don't want to be considered consciously evil, especially leftist ones.

So instead of coming to grips with the fact that they're not the heroes of this story
(again, really hard to do when you've been raised in a system that says you are the hero as ordained by God), they instead deny and lash out.
I get your point here, but I don't think not being a racist means being a hero. I don't think either that every people who claims not to be a racist isn't one indeed. Yet I completly understand if someone not being a racist would deny it.

I am not talking about simply not being racist when I talk about hero narratives. I'm talking about the way white supremacy works. I'll make this quick because I have to go run an errand to my bank:

Whiteness is ultimately nothing. Like, literally nothing. It is not genetic, nor is it reasonably drawn upon ethnic or national lines. It's a nebulous philosophy at best that unites an arbitrary group of people against the rest of the world. You can also describe it as an antithesis. Whiteness is the absence of race. It is the absence of an easily-definable group. It is the absence of culture (that's why the Italians, Eastern Europeans, and Australians in here still know what it's like to be "white" before they know what it's like to be any of these other specific nationalistic identifiers). It's assimilative. That's literally what it was designed to do; to temper the horrors of colonialism and the Atlantic Slave trade by saying "Hey, random ass farmer dude; you deserve that land of yours because you're special. Science and God says so!"

Indeed, the best way to pave over uncomfortable truths is with hero narratives. Look at how almost all superhero movies have climaxes that pave the way to a good outcome through violence while at the same time black people can't even protest on the DA's front lawn. White people REALLY love hero narratives to an absurdly unhealthy degree. If that whole "manifest destiny" thing didn't prove it, and if Fox News talking about how black people were "the losers" and need to "get over it" didn't do it for you, there's this weird fascination you all have with ancestry that doesn't align with how black folks experience it.

I'm gonna get very anecdotal here, but hear me out in this example: Southerners love to paint the confederates in a positive light in part because there seems to be this sinking feeling that "If Great-Grandpappy was fighting to keep his slaves and not to protect his home, what does that make me?" Even otherwise liberal folks are strangely uncomfortable with finding out the may have had confederates in their lineage, when frankly I can't fathom why the fuck it even matters whether or not that's true. After all, I thought you guys didn't want to pay for the sins of your forefathers?

But still. Crack open any history book and you're going to get taught about white history. High-class music is European orchestral music. Great acting is defined by white Shakespearean theater. The best cuisine is French cuisine; they may eat snails and frogs, but that's extremely different from the bats Chinese people eat! The only period of great intellectual and scientific progress you learn about in the world is the European Renaissance. And this shit goes on and on and on. You would think that the rest of the world just wasn't doing shit, and indeed I as a black woman grew up with that mindset! When you're indoctrinated by adults to only learn what white people are doing as a kid, then you just put other people and cultures to the wayside except in small instances like the Civil Rights that inevitably have to be touched on, all the while lacking the critical thinking to understand that those instances had to nonetheless come from concurrent movements and springs of thought, philosophy, and action. Because you're never taught about those concurrent cultures and movements.

All of this creates this kind of thoroughline that white people came from great people, kings, leaders, and warriors (I guess that explains the foothold of Medieval fantasy in popular culture), or otherwise heroic and noble people, and that this condition of righteousness must be carried on at least in some part through genetics and ancestry. Society screams at white people that they were meant for greatness, because after all, the greatest things to experience are white things. And it leads into American exceptionalism (although let's be clear that American exceptionalism isn't only American- looking at you, Brexit), the idea that you are not held back at all by the social forces at play, but by the sweat of your own brow. You are the singular thing standing in between a life of toiling and a life that is completely walled off from that toiling through mounds of capital. Not society. Not capitalism. You. You are an individual. You have power. You have total control. You are, as they say, "the hero in your own story."

It's bullshit. Bullshit to assuage you that you aren't standing on a bedrock of blood.

Black people don't get that luxury. Yes, I grew up being told about the American Dream at school, and yet at home my parents gave me the talk that I would that I would never have an excuse to be an individual because I'm black, and being black comes with certain asterisks and addendums. I am not allowed to be stupid or ignorant; I need to know white culture better than white people know it, because if I make a mistake that's an indictment of the entire race. My clothes must be perfect and proper. My hair has to be chemically straightened to look like white people's. I am not allowed to make mistakes, because making a mistake could be the difference between coming home to live another day, and becoming a hashtag wherein you all argue whether or not I charged a cop and thus needed to be put down.

White people get the luxury of believing they are not bound by societal systems because white supremacy puts them in that position by default, because whiteness is the absence of grouping, and without a group you are free to be individualized. But it's a luxury that comes with a real human cost. Because when you believe that you're infallible, that you're not constrained by these kinds of social orders, that you aren't racist because you are some magical snowflake who's completely bucked the trend.... and yet your life still sucks, what do you do? Who do you get mad at? Who do you direct your dissatisfaction towards? Not the systems keeping you down, because they're simultaneously the systems propping up your ego. Black people largely shrug the suckiness of life off as an inevitability because we grow up behind the curve. Not to say we are impervious to things like substance abuse and mental anguish; we're human too.

But we're not the ones grappling with this kind of identity dissonance through mass shootings either.

How hard is Hobbes right now? :thinking
ど助平

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #10411 on: April 14, 2020, 01:29:00 PM »

Switters

« Reply #10412 on: April 14, 2020, 01:30:18 PM »

when Ant-Man shrinks it would be accurate to say he's just a little racist, but overall he's still racist

You must have like 30 years of comedy school. That was good.
troll

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10413 on: April 14, 2020, 01:30:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-all-white-people-racist.184470/page-14#post-31313469
Quote from: O-Zips
Are white people the only racists?

:drudge

https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-all-white-people-racist.184470/page-15#post-31314417
What does that have to do with the topic at hand, we're talking about white people. This is the kind of thing that's frustrating, because instead of actually having a discussion about the issue, it always reverts to 'well, we're not the only ones!'. It's why I am frustrated with people's flawed concept of racism. People's definition if it is boiled down to such a simplified form, that in theory, it would apply to every single human being when that's not the case. Not every single human being can hold power over another. Racism requires power and the ability to actively suppress another race. I want to make this clear, because it seems like any time this conversation is brought up people feel individually attacked, when it's not the case!

White people are not the only racists, clearly. But white people are damn sure the most notorious beneficiaries of it.
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10414 on: April 14, 2020, 01:31:19 PM »
Whiteness is ultimately nothing. Like, literally nothing. It is not genetic, nor is it reasonably drawn upon ethnic or national lines. It's a nebulous philosophy at best that unites an arbitrary group of people against the rest of the world.

:lawd

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10415 on: April 14, 2020, 01:31:43 PM »
Nepenthe is the worst kind of stupid; the kind that thinks they're really smart.

So many words to state how little you fucking understand, well, anything.
Brexit is american exceptionalism? What?
You only learn european things at school? Algebra? A fucking arabic word?
Black people don't commit mass shootings in the US?

I am not allowed to be stupid or ignorant

Why do you keep on doing it then?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10416 on: April 14, 2020, 01:33:02 PM »
Pretty amazing and thorough response
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #10417 on: April 14, 2020, 01:36:58 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-all-white-people-racist.184470/page-14#post-31312725
I remember getting into an argument about it with my 'white' friends at the time in high school and it was really eye opening how tone-deaf, uncharismatic and dismissive they were.

It started with a conversation of if 'reverse racism' is real, if black people could be racist to whites. I said, no, because racism heavily relies on a concept of hierarchy, and systematic and institutional concepts to justify oppression. We as black people do not hold power over whites, period. Their response was, 'Well, if I go into the hood and black people look at me and judge me and call me cracker then that's racist!'.

Sigh. Such kindergarten ways of thinking. In one way, the concept is quite simple. In another, it's severely complex and I've just begun to accept the fact that white people just don't get it and will never get it.

You all just want to feel so good about yourselves for being an exception (when are you really an exception? what do you do to consistently improve/further the lives of black and brown people? or do you just go about your day, see some racecar driver on Twitch say the n word, think to yourself 'wow, i'm not like that!' and go on about your day?). So fine. You're not racist. So again, what are you doing to break down white supremacy, to combat that very evil mind of thinking? You're not, because you benefit from it. Even the most 'unracist white person' doesn't do enough, because at the end of the day, they continue to benefit from it in ways that is just 'normal life' to them. Y'all are not doing enough. As plenty of us have pointed out, we have TOLD you over and over what the solutions could be. We've done the hard work as we usually do. But y'all just don't care because you're too afraid, offended (lol) to be smacked on the back of the head about reality to actually do something about it.

White tears are white people's greatest weapon.

I like that he doesn't refute the argument. Even with the definition that racism is entirely about power you will have instances where someone from a minority group holds more power than someone white. Not to mention that there's a world beyond the USA.

The whole discussion of so and so can't be racist feels really beside the point anyway.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10418 on: April 14, 2020, 01:41:02 PM »
*Saudi Prince kicks Vietnamese worker down the stairs*

"Goddamn White People"
🤴

Hermit

« Reply #10419 on: April 14, 2020, 01:42:46 PM »
Nepenthe is the worst kind of stupid; the kind that thinks they're really smart.

Every single forum I've ever been on has had a Nepenthe. Holier than though smart ass that gets praise from a vocal minority, which inevitably goes to their head. Now that she's an admin, I'm just waiting for blatant power tripping to happen. Typically their real life is miserable and sad, so they use a public forum as their outlet for faux intelligent word vomit.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10420 on: April 14, 2020, 01:44:31 PM »

Explain the Versa purchase, then.
:umad

Every single forum I've ever been on has had a Nepenthe. Holier than though smart ass that gets praise from a vocal minority, which inevitably goes to their head. Now that she's an admin, I'm just waiting for blatant power tripping to happen. Typically their real life is miserable and sad, so they use a public forum as their outlet for faux intelligent word vomit.

Not possible- heard she got a sweet deal on a car.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10421 on: April 14, 2020, 01:47:25 PM »
so who is that person for here?

Hermit

« Reply #10422 on: April 14, 2020, 01:48:27 PM »
so who is that person for here?
riotus  :jawalrus

spoiler (click to show/hide)
kidding  :-*
[close]

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10423 on: April 14, 2020, 01:56:03 PM »

nepenthe graduated from one of the most prestigious animation schools in the world and now works a dead-end job at a pharmacy
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10424 on: April 14, 2020, 02:01:00 PM »

nepenthe graduated from one of the most prestigious animation schools in the world and now works a dead-end job at a pharmacy

Forget the school- imagine having "Resetera Administrator" on your résumé! :drool
ど助平

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10425 on: April 14, 2020, 02:03:37 PM »
Uncle

Hermit

« Reply #10426 on: April 14, 2020, 02:04:16 PM »
This is embarrassing, but back in 2009-2011 I was a moderator and eventually admin on a private Ragnarok Online forum. Power tripping every day. I was that forum's Nep.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10427 on: April 14, 2020, 02:06:50 PM »

She doesn't have the luxury of taking personal responsibility for that, its all the systems fault. Thats why batman exists.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10428 on: April 14, 2020, 02:14:24 PM »
It's like that famous speech from Dr. King

"I have a dream, that every white person is a racist and we call them out on message boards"
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #10429 on: April 14, 2020, 02:35:37 PM »
i wonder how ree square the fact that :shaq once got a ban or a fine specifically for making a racist joke 

:mynicca
(ice)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10430 on: April 14, 2020, 02:41:32 PM »

Nepenthe is the Alyssa Milano of racism? :thinking :ohhh

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10431 on: April 14, 2020, 02:44:55 PM »
So you think a black person who says "all whites are racist" is actually racist?

:confused

yes?
As per the fucking dictionary definition of racism?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10432 on: April 14, 2020, 02:45:19 PM »

Nepenthe is the Alyssa Milano of racism? :thinking :ohhh

Starlord never rode her

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10433 on: April 14, 2020, 02:46:48 PM »
So you think a black person who says "all whites are racist" is actually racist?

:confused

yes?
As per the fucking dictionary definition of racism?

"RedMercureee"

Perfect  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10434 on: April 14, 2020, 02:50:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-all-white-people-racist.184470/page-16#post-31320381
Quote from: Mekanos
You can't be racist towards white people.

:huh

Quote from: Mekanos
I would argue you could be racist towards Italian, Irish, Polish etc. people (and it's white people who engage in this racism and decide who is white and who isn't, not people of color). But the big umbrella of whiteness? It's too universal and all encompassing (people consume our media, follow our beauty standards, etc.). They might experience bias, prejudice, or xenophobia, but racism is a system of power, and white people have the power.

:what

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 02:55:56 PM by bork »
ど助平

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10435 on: April 14, 2020, 02:51:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-all-white-people-racist.184470/page-13#post-31294122

Quote from: Veliladon
White people are unconsciously racist all the time because it's what society at large has programmed into us and we don't even realize it half the time.The key things we have to remember is that being racist isn't a binary thing, it's a spectrum, and that we can improve with effort.

Sticking our heads in the sand and declaring we're not racist for x reason is ridiculous.

It's like if someone asked me if I was transphobic. Hell yeah I'm transphobic. I am uncomfortable with the thought of dating a trans person even though the question for me is largely academic. I'm much less uncomfortable than I was 10 years ago and much less actively transphobic than I was 10 years ago but I still am transphobic in some ways and I'm still working to get there.

racism thread is turning out to be the "confess all your major sins and don't get banned for it" thread  :lol

just go into the thread like "yeah I hate blacks, gays, jews, and trans, but who doesn't to some extent, right?  And I'm working to be a better person"
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 02:58:02 PM by Uncle »
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10436 on: April 14, 2020, 02:55:39 PM »
Quote from: Veliladon
White people are unconsciously racist all the time because it's what society at large has programmed into us and we don't even realize it half the time.The key things we have to remember is that being racist isn't a binary thing, it's a spectrum, and that we can improve with effort.

Sticking our heads in the sand and declaring we're not racist for
  • reason is ridiculous.
It's like if someone asked me if I was transphobic. Hell yeah I'm transphobic. I am uncomfortable with the thought of dating a trans person even though the question for me is largely academic. I'm much less uncomfortable than I was 10 years ago and much less actively transphobic than I was 10 years ago but I still am transphobic in some ways and I'm still working to get there.

racism thread is turning out to be the "confess all your major sins and don't get banned for it" thread

just go into the thread like "yeah I hate blacks, gays, jews, and trans, but who doesn't to some extent, right?  And I'm working to be a better person"

He's not banned for that?   :o  Impressive.
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #10437 on: April 14, 2020, 03:04:54 PM »
someones gonna admit they're a paedo in there aren't they?
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10438 on: April 14, 2020, 03:12:38 PM »
someones gonna admit they're a paedo in there aren't they?

thats just imposing your european white supremacist values, when africa has the largest proportion of child brides :wag

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10439 on: April 14, 2020, 03:12:51 PM »
someone gonna show up and drop that they're teleiophilophobic  :doge
Uncle