Author Topic: Japan bore bro's - about your gaming collection  (Read 2166 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Japan bore bro's - about your gaming collection
« on: February 06, 2020, 03:48:28 AM »
Ofcourse in Japan they have a ton of cool gaming stuff, gadgets games and statue's n stuff that never comes out over here. Well first of all I wanted to ask, what are the coolest items in your collection?

I used to have some cool stuff from Japan, imported from Lik-Sang.. sadly they went the way of the dodo and I sold my Famicom Mini GBA Mario Brothers.

Now I'm looking to import it again, because fuck it. Also bought a GBA for 17 euro's.

What are some awesome japanese items to search for on Ebay? What are some of the coolest items in your collection?

What

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
Re: Japan bore bro's - about your gaming collection
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 04:52:16 AM »
Best shit? Kicking myself for selling my Saturn Astro City joystick, I'll find one again someday. Have a functioning NEC PC98 laptop. Sold my 3DO because it was dumb garbage. Have a Game Boy Micro that's too small for my old man eyes to see. Have some fun marketing shit and a ton of posters from back in the Dreamcast days. I used to have an Astro City arcade cab + Virtua Fighter 2 and 3, but it survived so many moves (Tokyo --> Seattle --> Jersey --> Seattle) I gave it to Chris Charla at Microsoft before moving back to Japan this time.

My favorite thing is the CD-Rs Yuzo made for me of Streets of Rage and Act Raiser back in 1999 when I visited his office and we went out for dinner. I think I was like 22 years old at the time. Goddamn what a good time.

I used to work at a Japanese gaming megacorp and I snuck some good shit out of there. It will eventually go to museums.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 09:44:30 AM »
Sho Nuff wins the thread, no contest.   :lol

Have sold off a lot of the 'rare' and pricier stuff over the years, but here's some things that stand out off the top of my head.  Need to look through my collection.

-Famicom Gameboy Micro.  Still have everything for it including the box and it's in pristine condition. Might end up selling this off once that Analog Gameboy clone comes out.

-Street Fighter III Third Strike Limited Edition for PS2.  IIRC I got this when I was walking around Akiba with Bebpo way back in 2004, lol.

-Bayonetta Climax Edition for Switch- this is the only way to get a physical copy of Bayonetta 1 on the console. The price just keeps on going up.

-Senran Kagura 'NyuuNyuu' DX box sets- have the "complete set" of these for Senran Shinovi Versus, Estival Versus (Vita and PS4), and SK2.  The two Estival games' boxes go together to make one long box artwork and each set comes with little chibi figurines of all the characters.  Some of these are pretty hard to find now, but at one point the DX box for Senran Kagura 2 was in so little demand that you could get it for like thirty bucks off Amazon, lol.  I also have a Peach Beach Splash poster signed by series producer Kenichiro "tits are life, ass is hometown" Takaki.

-Samurai Spirits (PS4) NeoGeo AES Box-style alternate cover version from the SNK Samurai Spirits Akihabara pop-up shop.  Dunno if this is even remotely "rare" now since I found out there's like four different box types and an extremely limited American production run (like 200 copies), sold only at a tournament, is also out there.  This shop is gone and they now have (or had) a pop-up shop dedicated to Mai Shiranui to replace it.  Also now have an AES-style Switch version and pre-ordered a European production version of the game, also in an AES box, that will come with a physical version of the SS!2 NeoGeo Pocket port of the game.  Love this AES box stuff.

-Ninja JaJamaru Collection (Utage Set LE)- not sure if this even counts- it's Japanese, but the Utage Set LE was a crazy limited edition release from Dispatch games with only 200 copies available, however I'm not sure if that meant "200 copies available from Dispatch" or "200 copies total."
:thinking 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 10:25:09 AM by bork »
ど助平

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 12:08:37 PM »

I love my stupid mecha game Limited Editions.

These ones came with toys.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 12:31:08 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I love my stupid mecha game Limited Editions.

(Image removed from quote.)

These ones came with toys.

That PS2 Gundam game packaging is just like the PS2 Fate Unlimited Codes:

ど助平

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 09:00:30 PM »
No pics handy, but I have the JP Sakura Taisen V LE that came with the controller, and the SRW OGs LE that came with a Huckbein fig.  I also have the SRW Alpha box, with alpha alpha gaiden and alpha 2, with room for alpha 3.  What SRW came with Grungust?

I think my favorite is my saturn copy of Langrisser Tribute, which was the model for all the working designs LEs.

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 09:40:46 PM »
No pics handy, but I have the JP Sakura Taisen V LE that came with the controller, and the SRW OGs LE that came with a Huckbein fig.  I also have the SRW Alpha box, with alpha alpha gaiden and alpha 2, with room for alpha 3.  What SRW came with Grungust?

That’s the Alpha 2 LE box. Has 4 figures in there. Grungust, Huckbein Mk 3, Altairion and Ryujinki.
野球

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 01:22:50 PM »
All I have is my White Japanese PS2 that I love.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 03:45:45 PM by Rahxephon91 »

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 01:27:46 PM »

I've got one of those, love it.
野球

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 05:11:38 PM »
I used to want that ps2 so bad. I wanted an import ps2 badly in general but the import costs to Jamaica at the time were just insane and I was barely in middle school. Missed some gems I know.  :'(

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2020, 05:54:31 PM »
I saw some on ebay for around 140 eu which seems reasonable?
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 06:24:16 PM »
The moment's gone.

Rman

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2020, 05:56:52 AM »

I've got one of those, love it.
Had the blue one. They used to sell it directly from Sony style if I recall. The American models.

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2020, 04:24:40 PM »
I used to want that ps2 so bad. I wanted an import ps2 badly in general but the import costs to Jamaica at the time were just insane and I was barely in middle school. Missed some gems I know.  :'(

I have a ridiculous number of US and Japanese PS2 games still. It would be amazing if the PS5 could play them all with BC.
野球

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2020, 10:16:48 AM »
I own a red Sharp Twin Famicom, a CIB FM Towns Marty and CIB NEC PC-FX and a host of other Japanese games for various consoles... not too many crazy special editions though.
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2020, 11:22:36 AM »
Used to have the white PS2.  Down to just a modded slim now.  If the rumor rumblings are true, maybe with the PS5 there won't be any need for the older Sony consoles.  Would buy it for that alone.

Still have all my console boxes, too- have the launch Japanese Dreamcast box with Hidekazu Yukawa on the back:

ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2020, 11:24:09 AM »
modded white ps2 :rejoice only japan gaming thing i really have unless you count nendos from video games

i've been on a push to have less "stuff" in my life and am mostly succeeding, but i have still kept most of my consoles lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2020, 11:26:35 AM »
modded white ps2 :rejoice only japan gaming thing i really have unless you count nendos from video games

Didn't even get to posting about toys and shit, lol- did you see that they announced more vidya nendos like Bayonetta, Atelier Ryza, and Sam from Death Stranding?
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2020, 11:31:22 AM »
nendos/amiibo are another thing that are heavily conflicting with my "less stuff" desires.

i sold a lot of them but kept the "essentials"

venom snake
botw link
ww link
dva
i think i kept one miku but its in the box in the closet

i have a bayo (p2) amiibo but a nendo would be nice too :D this is gonna get me to pull up amiami and then shit is all over rip

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2020, 11:32:07 AM »
i've been on a push to have less "stuff" in my life and am mostly succeeding, but i have still kept most of my consoles lol

We're gonna be doing a big home remodel and I'm going to have to pack most of my shit up anyway- been thinking it may be time to sell stuff off.  Would like to keep PS1-4, Vita, and Switch, but the remaining stuff (DC, NGP, GB, GC, Wii, Wii, PSP) might be time to go.  Dunno.  :thinking
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2020, 11:34:13 AM »
nendos/amiibo are another thing that are heavily conflicting with my "less stuff" desires.

i sold a lot of them but kept the "essentials"

venom snake
botw link
ww link
dva
i think i kept one miku but its in the box in the closet

i have a bayo (p2) amiibo but a nendo would be nice too :D this is gonna get me to pull up amiami and then shit is all over rip

Where did you sell them?  eBay or somewhere else?

Yeah, I gotta get the Bayo nendo.  Even the dumb Play Arts action figure ended up going for ridiculously-high prices.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2020, 11:39:33 AM »
a mix of ebay, friends, and the game/card/nerd shop where we ran local fg events. i got a decent amount of mine used cause japan takes great care of their stuff but resells some figures for near nothing, so i actually made a profit on them when reselling. :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2020, 11:40:46 AM »
a mix of ebay, friends, and the game/card/nerd shop where we ran local fg events

Might be time to start selling.  Need to clear shit out. 
 :obama
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2020, 11:41:51 AM »
i got a decent amount of mine used cause japan takes great care of their stuff but resells some figures for near nothing, so i actually made a profit on them when reselling. :lol

Buddy of mine still over there used to hit up the recycle shops weekly and would sell all kinds of toys and games, bought super-cheap, for 2-3 times the price on eBay, lol.
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2020, 12:40:07 PM »
a mix of ebay, friends, and the game/card/nerd shop where we ran local fg events

Might be time to start selling.  Need to clear shit out. 
 :obama

sell some to me  :preach
What