Author Topic: Another reason why Konami sucks  (Read 839 times)

Bebpo

Another reason why Konami sucks
« on: February 17, 2020, 07:29:39 PM »
Was at an arcade and played some Gitadora (J-Rock/J-pop Guitar Hero) and googled to see if there's been any home releases and just like Beatmania, nothing since the PS2. A million arcade releases for Guitar, Drum, Beatmania but not a single fucking home release in 10+ years. I get that they want to keep the arcade bucks coming in, but given what a niche market that is, they can release an old home version here and there c'mon.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Re: Another reason why Konami sucks
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 07:37:01 PM »
deep lore bebpo is cool

Bebpo

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 11:40:57 PM »
haha

bluemax

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 11:54:59 PM »
Was at an arcade and played some Gitadora (J-Rock/J-pop Guitar Hero) and googled to see if there's been any home releases and just like Beatmania, nothing since the PS2. A million arcade releases for Guitar, Drum, Beatmania but not a single fucking home release in 10+ years. I get that they want to keep the arcade bucks coming in, but given what a niche market that is, they can release an old home version here and there c'mon.

Considering how well R O C K R E V O L U T I O N turned out... can you really blame them? That game came out when Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero 3 were coming out and was years behind in terms of features. So if you just shipped a commercial failure, and the market for plastic instrument games is declining, do you really spend another 2-3 years trying to catch up? Or do you cut your losses and move on?

I have no specific insight into their decision making process, but Konami kind of stopped publishing many games by like 2011.
NO