3 (11.1%)
I think I'm at the edge of sanity
5 (18.5%)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
3 (11.1%)
i'm actually better than i normally am
6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: welfare check for the bore  (Read 10675 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
welfare check for the bore
« on: April 02, 2020, 10:51:25 PM »
Just kind of curious. We're a few weeks into this now: how are you all handling it?
每天生气

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: welfare check for the bore
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 11:00:27 PM »
Feeling kinda blah. I mean, I can handle it, but my motivation to do anything other than veg out in front of the computer playing some game is pretty nil right now.
dog

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 11:06:39 PM »
my like counts are way up  :heart

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 11:14:28 PM »
I was already unemployed and I don't like leaving the house so my life has pretty much stayed exactly the same in all honesty.

The one bad thing is I used to love watching the news because there used to be new news and now it's just boring as fuck. I don't even care enough to follow Biden v Bernie any more.

I also stopped smoking weed a few weeks ago and I feel like it's finally left my system because I feel sad all the time.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 11:17:27 PM »
Same as before, but I have been jerking off a bunch more
fat

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 11:31:38 PM »
sometimes okay, sometimes a bit frayed

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 11:45:56 PM »
Getting my “temporary lay off” notice today has me amped up with concerns about the future but honestly been living a good life staying home, playing video games, getting high, blastin loads... just bring in the automation, cut the neet checks and let’s move forward

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 11:47:01 PM »
Getting my “temporary lay off” notice today has me amped up with concerns about the future but honestly been living a good life staying home, playing video games, getting high, blastin loads... just bring in the automation, cut the neet checks and let’s move forward

yaaaang gaaaang

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 11:47:52 PM »
thankful for zwift and my indoor trainer, otherwise i'd be going completely mental

bluemax

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2020, 12:10:13 AM »
I'd be doing a lot better if I hadn't torpedoed my relationship at the start of the year, but I'm doing better at dealing with that every day. I want to get out and do stuff again and I miss concerts and sports.
NO

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2020, 12:12:37 AM »
I'm changing jobs in the middle of all this and watching the destruction of my prior clients. I'm firmly in the AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Point of things.....but managing.
que

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2020, 12:16:02 AM »
I love getting to work from home and not have to deal with the rat race of traffic and spending 1:30 - 2 h commuting a day.  I have more time to cook food, time to go for a bit of a walk during lunch and immediately after work, can stay up a bit later (I'm more of a night owl). Work has been extra busy too, luckily our most recent group of clients are medical in nature. So that's been distracting me a bit from the news.

Unfortunately I haven't really seen my girlfriend, my mom, or my friends, so that's gotten me down. My girlfriend was out of town the week everything started explode in the states, and then she caught a respiratory infection (no other symptoms and they didn't test her so it's doubtful it was covid, but we just played it safe)... so now the 2 weeks are up and I'll finally get to see her this weekend. So that's been pretty depressing.

But yeah, just been gaming, reading, DJing, cooking... not too different from what I usually do... though going out to eat and bars/breweries was another big hobby of mine that I really miss. Bout to jump into DQ Builders 2, and DQ is pretty much my 'comfort food' game, so that'll keep me busy.
^_^

bluemax

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2020, 12:22:50 AM »
One the positive side, I'm at the lowest body weight I've been in a long ass time. Cooking regular meals, which have been mostly vegetarian, and spending probably 1.5 hours a day walking my dog have helped.
NO

dkdk

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2020, 01:07:05 AM »
BORED AS FUCK

shosta

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2020, 01:39:21 AM »
I'm fine, but it is tough watching a tragedy unfold in slow motion.
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2020, 02:37:39 AM »
Still working so far, so I'm not worried sick about the immediate material future & getting mad like a lion in a cage. Mostly bored. I miss restaurants and seeing people.
ὕβρις

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2020, 02:39:06 AM »
i miss cinema  :'(

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2020, 04:09:40 AM »
Will help with my Olive Garden habit
:9

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2020, 04:35:26 AM »
If not for my small personal crisis from the turn of the year, I'd have noticed no change in my emotional state. Since I was in a slump, I actually feel better now than I did directly before...

Everything makes a lot more sense, in general. All my natural inclinations fit neatly with the currently proscribed behaviours. Usually, I'm at a big disadvantage, but now it's - well, not exactly advantageous, but I don't suffer. I'm relaxed. And the vague dread underlying everything actually has a face. This is indeed fine, as it turns out. :doge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2020, 04:58:29 AM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2020, 09:35:31 AM »
i'm feeling pretty good. hit 200lbs and celebrating by eating like shit this weekend and watching wrestlemania. not having to commute rules, co-workers are mostly figuring out WFH so i'm not seeing as many dumb tickets, hanging out with the wife, plus saving some money too.

only downside is no hiking or going outside is getting a bit old. i spent yesterday working on my back porch just to remember what the outside is like.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2020, 09:38:29 AM »
I think I'm gaining weight
:O

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2020, 09:39:37 AM »
Pretty shitty - I have no focus and I have a paper deadline in a month. 

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2020, 09:43:23 AM »
What

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2020, 10:11:20 AM »

Hang in there.
ὕβρις

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2020, 10:19:30 AM »
Took a nice 5 day break or so from the Bore. Can only go downhill from here, now that I've logged back in.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2020, 10:49:08 AM »
I'm doing OK.  Am more worried about my wife's job situation than anything else- she's been at home for about two weeks now (she is pregnant and her boss even told her to go home when this started), and while her company finally shut down this past week, she heard they're going to open again next week, despite the moron running the state finally issuing a shut down order for two weeks. 

Fully-expecting her to get canned -she is still the only one who has been staying home- despite her boss being on her side and him trying to see if she can work from home, getting that set up, and then having his boss tell him they can't do this.  Why they are being this stubborn I will never understand.

So that raises concerns about her lack of income long-term and then trying to get her on my insurance plan if it happens.  We at least have a back-up plan if she does lose her job so that helps.
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2020, 10:51:46 AM »
I was going a bit stir cray last weekend but now I'm all about that neet life :pimp

Still a bit weird working from home :trumps
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2020, 11:17:08 AM »
For the short-term, I just finished working for the day and am now off until Tuesday.  Finally getting a much-needed break.
 :aah

Gonna go play some Resident Evil 3 after doing a real-life RE re-enactment at the supermarket in a bit.
ど助平

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2020, 11:37:06 AM »
I miss a gym. I hate working out at home, it's just not the same.

Also, I'm tired of walking around my neighborhood. I daydream about taking long rides to far flung state parks and walking around there. But it's just not practical.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2020, 11:45:51 AM »
I'm at home watching a game show drinking a beer knowing I don't have to work tomorrow. Very excited.

Generally I dunno how long I can carry on with this not going out at all, stupid health reasons locking me in for at least another 9 weeks, (it will be longer but let me have some hope)

I'll come out alive hopefully, but boy will I need to readjust to not drinking super early lmao.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2020, 11:49:36 AM »
I haven't worked in weeks. Can't operate a business without customers, so it's just been a whole lot of working around the house and stretching grocery dollars to last as long as possible. I always stayed indoors anyway, so I'm only really impacted in the financial sense rather than struggling with the lockdown. The postives are me getting a bunch of free time to further myself artistically and work on some vanity projects that I've needed to focus on for a while. 

My paranoia of going to the store for milk and catching it is more damaging to my day to day than anything else, really.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 11:54:19 AM by Coffee Dog »

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2020, 12:09:48 PM »
Has anyone started working on the long list of things you had been putting off because you didnt have time, and now you do?

I sure as fuck havent.
:O

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2020, 12:14:37 PM »
The worse has to come, i fear.
Otherwise things are ok, thankfully ( :lol) i was hit with financial ruin more than year ago now, so this wasn't all that crucial of a change for me.  ;)
Being locked inside the house for 20+ days isn't doing wonders for my mood though, but not that big of a deal.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2020, 12:19:34 PM »
Has anyone started working on the long list of things you had been putting off because you didnt have time, and now you do?

I sure as fuck havent.

No, but I got real close to crossing one out but then whole ennui of my situation set in so I just unlocked the door and let the hooker out.   

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2020, 12:23:03 PM »
we've been using discord screen/game sharing to all watch stuff together and shoot the shit and it works pretty well

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2020, 12:28:36 PM »
Yes and it's been awesome. I been reading, I been cooking, I been doing more side projects. Being a recluse :rejoice

nice, I've been making virtual bags of trash to mail to my friends in animal crossing

bluemax

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2020, 12:42:18 PM »

I sure as fuck havent.

Nope. I usually just let the existential dread take me over after dinner.
NO

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2020, 12:46:19 PM »
idk

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2020, 12:51:24 PM »
Yes and it's been awesome. I been reading, I been cooking, I been doing more side projects. Being a recluse :rejoice

nice, I've been making virtual bags of trash to mail to my friends in animal crossing

All this time I didn't know you played games  :lol
^_^

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2020, 01:36:14 PM »
have a lot of arguments to still have with the ex

Holy fuck I can't imagine what it's like to be your ex.  You can't even leave a forum of 30 posters alone after being shunned by them for a decade.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2020, 02:23:02 PM »
It's strange really, on one hand:
- got the Rift S
- new Half Life
- new DOOM
- new Resident Evil
- backlog
- daily Trump direct

My work can continue as I can do it from home and our country is still semi in business of sorts.
As for money, long term plans will have to wait but on the short term, not eating out, going out and/or driving everyday is actually saving me money.

Still, I miss seeing my friends, co-workers and yes even parents.
I also miss my bro who's in Canada and broke his arm right before this all went down.
I also miss all sorts of little things that are no longer happening outdoors.

Hopefully everyone remains healthy or only gets the mild symptoms it would suck to lose a relative now as you can't really do a funeral.

Still I feel gamers are quite well equipped for this situation.  8)
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2020, 04:21:53 PM »
 I need to be able to select multiple options:

- I'm managing, but it's starting to wear me down
- I think I'm at the edge of sanity
- i'm actually better than i normally am
©@©™

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2020, 07:24:45 PM »
I’m being furloughed starting April 19th. Work will still pay the company and employee contribution to health insurance so that’s nice. Not looking forward to navigating Florida’s unemployment system though, I’ve been hearing horror stories about it.
WDW

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2020, 07:32:43 PM »
I’m being furloughed starting April 19th. Work will still pay the company and employee contribution to health insurance so that’s nice. Not looking forward to navigating Florida’s unemployment system though, I’ve been hearing horror stories about it.

You'll be reading more on this very board even.  :doge
ὕβρις

Pennywise

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2020, 08:01:01 PM »
I think I'm gaining weight
I did for sure.

Missing the gym the most :/

The rest is still okay. Serious job hunting is on halt. Not getting unemployment benefits yet, but I'll consider it. Rather gonna take part time job in a grocery store or shit like that.
Mental health is well.

Reading alot, watching stuff I wanted to watch. Gaming is prolly the biggest time sink, allthough some shops are struggling to deliever stuff I ordered quite a while ago.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2020, 08:06:28 PM »
I drunkenly ate a whole pint of Cherry Garcia last night. Gotta get out of this diet nosedive.
:9

bluemax

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2020, 08:15:42 PM »
Officially made it through 3 weeks now. I'm exhausted of being in my own home.
NO

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2020, 09:16:20 PM »
I'm fine. I have fully transitioned to working from home.

My kids are home, and they are going a little stir crazy, but I got them some school workbooks and they are keeping themselves busy and entertained using those. The school sent home iPads as well, so they have plenty of educational activities on those too.

My only concern is my partner's business. She works in health care and has her own clinic. She has seen a pretty big downturn in patient numbers and she is a little worried about paying rent and wages. There are plenty of government subsidies coming though, so just have to wait until they kick in and we should be fine.

My other potential concern is my apartment that is rented out. My tenants haven't asked for relief yet (I already sent an email to my property manager saying I am happy to provide relief if they have lost jobs), but that will be something to worry about if it happens (although, there is a government subsidy coming for renters to help them cover rent).

Other than that, I'm loving being at home more and cooking at home is making me feel a lot better than usual. no commute is fucking fantastic too. I was already doing one day a week work from home and I am definitely going to ask for at least 2 days WFH when things go back to normal.
Spud

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2020, 09:19:40 PM »
Who wants to start a cult?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2020, 09:26:38 PM »
*subsidies check  ;)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2020, 09:39:26 PM »
Always up for cult starting. What is the name and what nefarious purpose are we secretly aiming to achieve?
Spud

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2020, 09:45:11 PM »
So when is shosta sending our check? Is this why he had to harass The james Fund?

bluemax

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2020, 10:11:31 PM »

My ex told me she believed I could lead one!
NO

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2020, 10:27:46 PM »
If that was true, she wouldn't be an ex

:rollsafe

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2020, 10:32:20 PM »
best way to escape a cult is before it becomes one  :doge

shosta

« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2020, 10:56:09 PM »
taking all of my strength not to develop a box wine habit
每天生气

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2020, 11:25:14 PM »
Which box you buyin?

shosta

« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2020, 11:27:27 PM »
tonight I had a glass of Oak Leaf that was on clearance at Wal-Mart for 99 cents but I also bought a box of Franzia
每天生气

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2020, 11:30:24 PM »
James coughed up, spend the extra couple bucks for like black box at least, you’re worth it