Author Topic: The 中國 Thread |OT Critique| Notice me Xi sifu !  (Read 2024 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
The 中國 Thread |OT Critique| Notice me Xi sifu !
« on: April 07, 2020, 03:56:49 PM »
" The world is yours, as well as ours, but in the last analysis, it is yours. You young people, full of vigor and vitality, are in the bloom of life, like the sun at eight or nine in the morning. Our hope is placed on you. The world belongs to you. "
Confucius

" For many centuries Chinese society has been free of class distinctions such as are found even in advanced democracies. "
Mao Zedong

" Instant discipline ? Just cut a bitch's head. Now let me enumerate the 55 type of essential supplies you'll need for your campaign. "
Sun Tzu

The quaint, yet powerful if unbridled, eagerness of comrade Shosta has not gone unnoticed and it's now a good time to have a thread for all of the Sinothings : Share here your best wet markets addresses, cutest regional apparatchiks, 5Gmastspotting photos, New Silk Road proposals, favorites factories and everything else related to the Mao in the Middle Empire !
ὕβρις

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
Re: The 中國 Thread |OT Critique| Notice me Xi sifu !
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 04:15:45 PM »
#shostalied
#peopledied

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 04:17:30 PM »
I looked the synopsis for American Factory after you mentioned it and I would have expected the culture shock to go both ways... Which doesn't seem it is depicted at. I'll maybe look the first episode to get a feel for it though.
ὕβρις

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 04:23:14 PM »
I saw American Factory a while back and didn't really have the same experience Esch did. Thought it was a pretty neutral case study from the American point of view: the alienating experience of foreign ownership and the fact that widespread Chinese exploitation makes American competition impossible.
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 04:23:44 PM »
Also lol at you using a traditional character in the thread title. Who is this thread sponsored by, Radio Free Asia?
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 04:30:52 PM »
Also lol at you using a traditional character in the thread title. Who is this thread sponsored by, Radio Free Asia?

https://m.theepochtimes.com/spiritual-practice-continues-to-be-persecuted-in-china-amid-the-ccp-virus-pandemic_3296045.html
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 04:31:39 PM »
"the CCP virus" :dead
每天生气

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 07:42:59 PM »
Chinese hospitals so underfunded, nurses beg for supplies from others. Corrupt commy administration then fires them.
Send story to CNN

https://twitter.com/charlesornstein/status/1247549038578327552

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 09:05:34 PM »
VomKriege really blew it. For some reason, funded largely by the United States, yet very China centric. We will be giving that a good look. Fortunately I rejected their advice on keeping our registration open to China early on. Why did they give us such a faulty recommendation?
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 03:07:18 AM »
When this shit is over in 2030, I need to seriously consider do some traveling over there though.
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 03:20:16 AM »

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 03:50:40 PM »

Ancap is just so laughable.
Here, knock yourself out if you want

https://www.reddit.com/r/Anarcho_Capitalism/top/?t=week

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2020, 03:54:26 PM »
"This is Langley. Inform the Beijing Office to start working on a plan for a Coup. They have a budget of 22.349,50 dollars and 3 bitcoins."
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2020, 03:21:18 AM »
GOAT :
#1 Brigitte Lin
#2 Maggie Cheung
#3 Joey Wong
#4 Gong Li

Sharla Cheung for an honourable mention.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2020, 11:43:52 PM »
HONGKONG (Kyodo) -- A question in a high school leaving exam on Japan's role in China during the first half of the 20th century has been deemed inappropriate and will be withdrawn, the Hong Kong government said Friday.

The question, which appeared in the Diploma of Secondary Education examination on history held Thursday, asked students: "Do you agree that Japan brought more good than harm to China in the period between 1900 and 1945?"

Materials appended to the question included a document saying that in 1912 Japan's zaibatsu family-owned conglomerates provided funds to the Republic of China interim government as well as a text describing the establishment by a Japanese university of a school for students of the Qing Dynasty.

Nowhere was there any mention of the Japanese military's invasion of China.

"(The question) does not reflect the factual incident of what happened during that period of time in our country," Education Minister Kevin Yeung told reporters, referring to China. "It will hurt many of our people both in the mainland and Hong Kong, especially those who have experienced that period."

He called the question and materials provided for reference "biased" and "misleading," adding he will ask the Examinations and Assessment Authority, which is authorized to issue exam papers and hold examinations, to invalidate the question.

"Japan, during the said period, invaded China numerous times, leading to the deaths of tens of millions of compatriots. Therefore, the question itself has no room for discussion. The answer will only bring harm, and nothing good," Yeung added.

A special team will probe into the question-setting mechanism by the examination authority. Yeung denied the government is applying pressure by intervening in the crafting of public examination materials, but only doing what should be done.

So Kwok-sang, the authority's secretary general, defended the question vetting procedure as objective. But he also "expressed regrets for the question's possible effect in hurting the feelings and dignity" of those victimized in Japan's invasion.

The question has drawn the ire of pro-Beijing news media, leading to online harassment targeting examination authority staff.

With its founding of a puppet state in northeastern China in 1932, Japan controlled the region known as Manchuria until its defeat in 1945. Hong Kong, then a British colony, was also occupied by Japan between December 1941 and August 1945.
how the fuck does this happen? :rofl
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2020, 04:04:59 PM »
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1263472394628476938

Trying to pass new centralization laws during an election year in Hong Kong is an amazing idea!  :brain :brain :brain :brain
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2020, 04:21:48 PM »
Been watching videos of how Chinese engineers are turning desert into forests, I mean I watched a lot of different videos, the western commentators seem to be genuinely impressed but they few Chinese affiliated YouTubers look terrified for their lives while talking about it :lol

shosta

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2020, 10:02:02 PM »
Hong Kong legislative elections suspended a month before they're supposed to happen... major democratic candidates barred from running... I wonder how this is affecting local relationships with mainlanders?

:beli
每天生气

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2020, 10:09:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1263472394628476938

Trying to pass new centralization laws during an election year in Hong Kong is an amazing idea!  :brain :brain :brain :brain

So the solution to this was to delay the election for a year.  :doge

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2020, 10:17:53 PM »
Think this article is pretty bad, but it always helps me sleep better at night knowing how much sabre rattling goes on with not a lot of reporting.

https://www.thenation.com/article/world/pompeo-south-china-sea/tnamp/

shosta

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2020, 10:43:54 PM »
I think that article fails to mention that last year NATO finally noticed that it probably couldn't win a war against China in the South China Sea. The recent movement of materiel to this region is a clumsy attempt to catch up and both sides are obviously freaking each other out about it.
每天生气

Trurl

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2020, 08:07:46 AM »
Shosta 是我的开心果。

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2020, 08:10:30 AM »
柱轴
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2020, 08:37:27 AM »
I think that article fails to mention that last year NATO finally noticed that it probably couldn't win a war against China in the South China Sea. The recent movement of materiel to this region is a clumsy attempt to catch up and both sides are obviously freaking each other out about it.
That article fails to mention that before a war breaks out Trump would send Rudy to organize a hit on Xi and his top generals and would write a letter to Kim to invade China as a distraction with an attack map drawn with a sharpie attached.

The letter would leak, Rudy's top men would be arrested and China and Trump would deny the whole thing ever happened and meet up to play golf with Putin, Boris and Kim to own the libs.
🤴

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

shosta

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2020, 07:46:04 PM »
While some Yi academics question the changing of local (non-Han Chinese) customs for those moved from Cliff Village, the Communist party’s efforts have been largely welcomed. “Even my traditionalist friend — who said he couldn’t live in a house without a Yi fireplace — ditched the idea within a year,” says Karlach. His friend now lives in a town apartment with a picture of Xi on the wall: a poster handed out by local officials to remind poor households who to thank.

:lol
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2020, 10:50:29 PM »
https://www.fmprc.gov.cn/mfa_eng/zxxx_662805/t1804328.shtml

Foreign Minister was interviewed by Xinhua on his response to Mike Pompeo's speech. Pretty good stuff in here in case you want to understand how China feels about the uptick in random belligerence by the Trump administration.

Wang Yi: Without any solid evidence, the US has launched a global campaign against a private Chinese company. This is a textbook example of bullying. Everyone can see easily and clearly that the US goal is to keep its monopoly in science and technology but deny other countries the legitimate right to development. It doesn't even bother to disguise its bullying. This not only violates the international rules of fair trade, but also hurts the free global market environment.

I'd like to stress again that Huawei and many other Chinese companies, unilaterally sanctioned by the US, are innocent. Their technologies and products are safe to use, and they have never done any harm to any country. In stark contrast, the US is behind such scandals as PRISM and ECHELON. It conducts wire-tapping and mass surveillance around the globe, and these wrongful acts are already an open secret. The US is not qualified to build a coalition of "clean countries" because itself is dirty allover.
shots fired :lawd
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 10:58:20 PM by shosta »
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2020, 09:11:45 PM »
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/chinese-firms-that-fail-us-accounting-standards-to-be-delisted-as-of-2022--mnuchin-13009290
WASHINGTON: US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Monday (Aug 10) said companies from China and other countries that do not comply with accounting standards will be delisted from US stock exchanges as of the end of 2021.

Mnuchin and other officials recommended the move to the US Securities and Exchange Commission last week to ensure that Chinese firms are held to the same standards as US companies, prompting China to call for frank dialogue.

random hostilities continue :beli
每天生气

Kara

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2020, 10:46:17 PM »
Wait, like GAAP or IFRS.

Probably the most important question and nowhere in the story. :whatisthis :rage

shosta

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2020, 10:54:01 PM »
Wait, like GAAP or IFRS.

Probably the most important question and nowhere in the story. :whatisthis :rage
not an accounting dork but the major issue seems to be that they're blocking audits to comply with Chinese law

https://tax.thomsonreuters.com/news/trump-administration-seeks-to-delist-u-s-listed-chinese-companies-for-blocking-audit-inspections/
每天生气

Kara

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2020, 11:05:32 PM »
Hmmm, that's not how I would have framed the Reuters story then. Thank you. 🙏

shosta

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2020, 11:17:58 AM »
每天生气