Author Topic: May 2020 Release List [Lockdown 2]  (Read 2256 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
May 2020 Release List [Lockdown 2]
« on: April 29, 2020, 03:56:28 PM »
Xbone

PS4
-John Wick Hex

Switch
-Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix (Digital-only)
-Ninjala (F2P)
-Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
-Gun Crazy
-80's Overdrive
-Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl

PC
-Someday You'll Return
-Tales From Off-Peak City Vol. 1
-Population Zero
-Atom RPG: Trudograd
-Embr

Multiplat
-Star Wars Episode 1: Racer
-Super Mega Baseball 3
-The Wonderful 101: Remastered
-The Persistence
-Maneater
-Minecraft Dungeons
-Shantae and the Seven Sirens
-Ion Fury
-Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen (PS4 and Vita  :o)
-Umihara Kawase BaZooKa!! [J]
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 09:12:12 AM by bork »
dog

Tasty

Re: May 2020 Release List [Lockdown 2]
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 04:00:07 PM »
Very might get TW101.

Want to check out Xenoblade again since I never beat it on Wii, but I want to play FF7 Switch first.

Bebpo

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 04:06:40 PM »
Nothing, though I'll keep an eye on W101 remastered and see if it plays better without the motion controls.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 04:07:15 PM »
Finally Xenoblade that will look elegant on a big screen. Will also be my first experience with the game. Soundtrack was in my top 5 from the PS360Wii gen.

Occam

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 04:11:56 PM »
Are there any worthwhile Wii U exclusives left that haven't been ported?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 04:16:54 PM »
Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, and Xenoblade Chronicles X.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 04:19:54 PM »
Star Wars Episode 1: Racer if this isn't a VR game then why bother?
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 04:24:58 PM »
Xenoblade, W101, and Project Diva Mega Mix
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 04:47:04 PM »

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD.

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2020, 05:21:40 PM »
Nothing, but maybe W101 for PS4 later on.
野球

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2020, 05:22:55 PM »
mario 3d world would be nice to have on switch

not getting anything this month but i'll keep an eye on xenoblade for a sale later on. will probably at least check out minecraft since it'll be free on gamepass.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 05:27:56 PM by nachobro »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2020, 07:56:14 PM »
Project Diva Megamix and Xenoblade Switch
^_^

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2020, 07:56:44 PM »

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD.
Since I didn't have a Wii U I'd be all over a two pack of them reissued on Switch sup it's me I'm the port begging asshole. :teehee
I think I'm almost required by law to Miku since this is the first time I own a console for a game of hers when it's being released even if it is essentially just a gimped version of Future Tone missing some modules and a lot of songs. I've never played Xenoblade cause of the complete idiocy surrounding it's barely being released in NA initially (Thanks Reggie when will everyone stop jerking off over how good a job you did when a ton of interesting software never made it over here but hit in Europe?) so that might happen too.
Hi

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2020, 08:14:47 PM »
Except Xenoblade did hit over here. I have a copy of the Wii version (which I still haven't played... :lol ) sitting right here.

Edit: Oh, barely. Well, still... after that niche version it became popular enough for Nintendo to release 2-3 times. :doge

bluemax

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2020, 11:03:18 PM »
Probably XBC and SMB3.

Paper Mario Color Splash? Kirby and the Rainbow Curse?

From the Wii, TvC, the Last Story would be possibilities.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 11:07:24 PM by bluemax »
NO

Beezy

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2020, 11:44:56 PM »
Nothing, though I'll keep an eye on W101 remastered and see if it plays better without the motion controls.

It supposedly does. The real problem is the screen to screen shit but they have a pop up window in game for it now.

I'm getting W101. Only Kamiya game I haven't played, and seeing as Okami finally clicked for me last year my completionist urges means I'm getting it, though I am excited for it. Watched an LP that really sold me on it.
Which console did you play Okami on?

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2020, 01:08:56 AM »
Devil’s Third is good. Fuck you all  :bolo

Anyways, might get Xenonlade since I never played it, and I already kickstarted W101 to support P*, though I don’t see myself replaying it anytime soon.
Margs

Bebpo

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2020, 01:35:32 AM »

It supposedly does. The real problem is the screen to screen shit but they have a pop up window in game for it now.

I'm getting W101. Only Kamiya game I haven't played, and seeing as Okami finally clicked for me last year my completionist urges means I'm getting it, though I am definitely excited for it. Watched an LP that really sold me on it.

Yeah, I'm a Kamiya stan and W101 is the only game I haven't really played. I gave the Wii U version a few hours and just wasn't feeling the drawing stuff. I'll probably give it another try on switch if the general consensus is that it controls better now.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2020, 01:45:59 AM »
The best way to play w101 was always using the right stick instead of drawing on the tablet. Once you learn the game it's like throwin combos in sf or something. QCf for fist, line for sword, SRK for whip, etc. Once you get it you can do some really crazy shit cycling through the different weapons.

I'm happy now that second screen stuff is gone too because that was also fucking ass.

I'm really keen to give it a second try, I liked it a lot the first time but it just a liiiiitle too annoying to replay over and over like I did Bayonetta. I think on PC it could be really great.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2020, 01:46:56 AM »
I never played Devil’s Third nor will I, but it was worth it for the Super Best Friends LP.
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2020, 01:53:17 AM »
The best way to play w101 was always using the right stick instead of drawing on the tablet. Once you learn the game it's like throwin combos in sf or something. QCf for fist, line for sword, SRK for whip, etc. Once you get it you can do some really crazy shit cycling through the different weapons.

I'm happy now that second screen stuff is gone too because that was also fucking ass.

I'm really keen to give it a second try, I liked it a lot the first time but it just a liiiiitle too annoying to replay over and over like I did Bayonetta. I think on PC it could be really great.

I think I tried using the right stick but the analogs on Wii U tablet suck and I'd still end up with the wrong weapon too often than I'd like.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2020, 02:20:17 AM »
The second screen stuff is still there, it’s just a PiP deal. Which is already the case in the Wii U version anyways if you use a pro controller.
Margs

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2020, 02:25:28 AM »
Terrible month. Oh well!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2020, 09:01:58 AM »
Passing on  Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix since it's digital-only.  Bought a physical Japanese copy.
:expert

I tried the Ninjala beta out the other day.  It's...OK.  Don't think I'd spend much time with it, but it's also free to play, so hey whatever.

Will get:

-Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
-The Wonderful 101: Remastered
-Shantae and the Seven Sirens

Might get:

-Ion Fury- Have it on PC already.
-Umihara Kawase BaZooKa!! [J] - Might just wait to see if it gets an American release, although it will already be in English.
-80's Overdrive
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 09:12:28 AM by bork »
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2020, 09:05:53 AM »
Besides getting Minecraft Dungeons for my son, nothing for me.. besides, still got FF7R and SOR4 to last me through next month.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2020, 09:12:59 AM »
Besides getting Minecraft Dungeons for my son, nothing for me.. besides, still got FF7R and SOR4 to last me through next month.

If you end up wanting something else to play, check out the Trials of Mana demo.  :)
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2020, 09:17:52 AM »

If you end up wanting something else to play, check out the Trials of Mana demo.  :)
Yeah I still need to try it... Tbph, I never seent the original one... never even heard of it.  :-[  Is it 2p co-op at all?

Beezy

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2020, 10:18:58 AM »

Yeah I still need to try it... Tbph, I never seent the original one... never even heard of it.  :-[  Is it 2p co-op at all?
No, get the Mana collection of the original 2D games if you want 2p co-op.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2020, 11:51:21 AM »

No, get the Mana collection of the original 2D games if you want 2p co-op.

Svejk- it's a 3D remake of the third Secret Of Mana game that we never got (officially) in English until the Mana collection came out last year.  If you like the demo, you can save your progress and transfer it over to the game.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2020, 11:56:05 AM »
Svejk- it's a 3D remake of the third Secret Of Mana game that we never got (officially) in English until the Mana collection came out last year.  If you like the demo, you can save your progress and transfer it over to the game.
That would explain why then.  I wasn't too big in the Mana games other than Secret... Always tried them on PS1 because they were purdy, but always turned out so damn boring...  :doge
I'll still give this one a try eventually.

bluemax

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2020, 10:07:05 PM »
That would explain why then.  I wasn't too big in the Mana games other than Secret... Always tried them on PS1 because they were purdy, but always turned out so damn boring...  :doge
I'll still give this one a try eventually.

SD3 is probably the closest one in terms of gameplay to the original, and this HD remake doesn't really stray too far from the SNES version.
NO

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2020, 06:33:13 PM »
Fuck everyone I'm buying episode one racer again :rejoice

paprikastaude

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2020, 06:54:41 PM »
Already repurchased Podracer a couple of years back :trumps Pretty good still, except in the second half races get stupidly long and hard. Like 10 minutes. And you always have to be 1st iirc to progress.