Author Topic: So uh, new current gen consoles are hard to find at most retailers right now  (Read 1392 times)

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
It's old news that the non lite Switch has been sold out and stock is gone, but this has also been the case with PS4's and Xbones as well, especially the Pro and X. Looking thru most retail US sites, shit is gone.

I very recently got the Star Wars Xbone X bundle that came out last year, thru the New York based retailer Adorama (their niche is actually high end camera equipment and more expensive electronics). I already have an Xbone X, but I basically wanted one I can travel with versus one that stays at home.  :doge

If you guys see a good deal or something in stock to begin with, it might be opportune to buy that shit now. It's genuinely hard to say when stock and inventory for console hardware will be "normal" again (if ever).

Also, this is most likely a sign that next gen consoles might be a nightmare obtaining, the next Switch revision included.

For example
https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Slim-1TB-Console-Bundle-4/dp/B07YLDNTKB/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=PS4%2Bbundle&qid=1589567874&s=videogames&sr=1-3&th=1&psc=1

This was on sale for $270 pre-pandemic, sold and stocked everywhere.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 02:39:48 PM by mormapope »
OH!

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
perfect time to get into gatcha games
pcp

paprikastaude

Wouldn't it be better to sell while the prices are high. Then get a new platform with BC after summer. In the meantime, retro games :rejoice

mormapope

Wouldn't it be better to sell while the prices are high. Then get a new platform with BC after summer. In the meantime, retro games :rejoice

I feel like, depending on different circumstances, the window of time of getting a next gen console will be very slim.

If restocking of current gen consoles is hindered, more cutting edge internals combined with less manufacturing capability = next gen being scalpers paradise Fall 2020 into Summer 2021.
OH!

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
The world's kinda closed right now, factories are shut, they're not able to make a whole lot of consoles at the moment. Also with smart people staying at home as much as they can they're searching for things to do and thus interest in machines is spiked up a bit, when they can't be made at full capacity. :yeshrug
Hi

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.

Yes,  sell our consoles while we are stuck inside with unlimited catass time  ::)
___

mormapope

The world's kinda closed right now, factories are shut, they're not able to make a whole lot of consoles at the moment. Also with smart people staying at home as much as they can they're searching for things to do and thus interest in machines is spiked up a bit, when they can't be made at full capacity. :yeshrug

It's not so much lamenting that there's low stock and pondering why, it's more so that stock is going to be low from this point on and there won't be a time anytime soon where there's a surplus.

Consoles won't be made at full capacity again this year, into 2022 potentially.
OH!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
PlayStation and Xbox sales were winding down in participation of next gen.
Spring/summer are usually 'slow' months for consoles so there isn't much new stock.
Most retailers probably didn't buy a whole lot of inventory for the late spring / summer season.

I bet Sony and Microsoft have tons of these things sitting in warehouses still.
🤴

mormapope

Spring/summer are usually 'slow' months for consoles so there isn't much new stock.
Most retailers probably didn't buy a whole lot of inventory for the late spring / summer season.

You're right about this time period not being a time for manufacturing a lot of current gen consoles. In general though, from Walmart,Amazon, Target, smaller retailers that ship online, these stores haven't been getting restocked consistently.

The normal Switch has been out of stock for at least a month, probably for the past two or three months at this point.

OH!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight

You're right about this time period not being a time for manufacturing a lot of current gen consoles. In general though, from Walmart,Amazon, Target, smaller retailers that ship online, these stores haven't been getting restocked consistently.

The normal Switch has been out of stock for at least a month, probably for the past two or three months at this point.
Yeah, Switch is probably a different story because it has been in high demand for quite a while.
Still, I can't imagine Microsoft not having a surplus of Xbox One S and Digital Only SKU's. There's usually holiday bundles still sitting on shelves 1 or 2 years after release.
Xbox One X they produce less.

In the Netherlands Switch Lite is in stock but not the regular one that most people want.
For Xbox One S you can always find some Anthem or Forza bundle. One store I checked had 12 different versions in stock, including a Lego Champions Xbox One X bundle.
PS4 also in stock but about 4 different bundles. 
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Why would they have tons sitting in warehouses still?  lol
Produced and stuck because they can't transport them to stores?
🤴

mormapope

Why would they have tons sitting in warehouses still?  lol
Produced and stuck because they can't transport them to stores?

Different kind of retail, but working in a grocery store, we've been getting freight on time and extra freight when need be with no issue. Distribution from warehouses/supply chains moving isn't the hindrance imo.
OH!