Author Topic: Serious Sam 4  (Read 821 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Serious Sam 4
« on: May 20, 2020, 04:23:47 PM »
dog

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
Re: Serious Sam 4
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 04:53:11 PM »
the best thing Croatia has ever done
pcp

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 05:04:45 PM »

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 05:35:18 PM »
https://kotaku.com/stadia-exclusivity-will-keep-serious-sam-4-off-ps4-and-1843568732

The game is still coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 after its period of exclusivity is over with Stadia,” a rep for publisher Devolver Digital told Kotaku over email, adding that those consoles won’t receive Serious Sam 4 until 2021 after further inquiry.

:neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf  :neogaf

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The number of emojis used in this post is the same amount of Stadia users.
[close]
OH!

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 05:40:35 PM »
Are Croteam strapped for cash? :'(

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 07:09:19 PM »
I just dont understand why this bland fucking enviroment. What's wrong with egyptian and possibly greek temples where these enemies spawn?

I had the same issues with Serious Sam 3

Also lmao Stadia
What

paprikastaude

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 07:35:20 PM »
Cool, just finished the first game for the first time since launch. Holds up well enough. Looks like more of the same here. :trumps

If anyone's interested in an actual hidden gem, GCN/PS2 had an exclusive Serious Sam game that was never re-released, probably because it was a different developer. But it's pretty good. It still had historical environments that are more interesting than later games, like Ancient Rome and feudal China.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 07:43:22 PM »
Cool, just finished the first game for the first time since launch. Holds up well enough. Looks like more of the same here. :trumps

If anyone's interested in an actual hidden gem, GCN/PS2 had an exclusive Serious Sam game that was never re-released, probably because it was a different developer. But it's pretty good. It still had historical environments that are more interesting than later games, like Ancient Rome and feudal China.
There's also the whacked out Serious Sam 2 (no, not 2nd Encounter), which is also pretty fun.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 08:09:51 PM »
Are Croteam strapped for cash? :'(

Not anymore. :money
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 04:19:03 PM »
Still on Steam though?  OK, no worries.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 06:05:18 PM »
I tried getting into this series a few times, the originals, the HD remasters, only played 1/2 I think and got a decent way through 1. I like the concept and the wackiness but I just found the games got boring because there's hardly any level design and it's just waves of tons of enemies at once like a horde mode which I also find boring in general.

There's definitely a place for shooters like this so good for them to keep making them. I'd give it a try again if they shook up the formula and made it closer to something like Doom 2016.

Also I was expecting better graphics from the SS4 trailer. SS3 already had a pretty nice photo-realism look iirc? This doesn't look much different from my memory of that.

paprikastaude

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 09:38:50 PM »
Didn't really like the weird planets and humour of 2. Go back to time travel.  :(