Author Topic: Crafts and Hobbies  (Read 1912 times)

Green Man

Crafts and Hobbies
« on: May 24, 2020, 09:20:28 PM »
Hello friends,

I’ve been having a lot of deep and thoughtful reflection on who I am and how I spend my time. One of the man conclusions that I’ve come to is that, in an effort to better myself and improve my outlook on life I’m going to attempt to do more hobbies, specially ones that are more craft-based.

My girlfriend and I celebrated our anniversary yesterday and, I wanted to reaffirm my love for her by hand-making her a card and carefully crafting her a number of paper flowers. Tedious work, and definitely difficult with the shaking I’ve still been experiencing since my overdose but the reaction from her was absolutely worth it. Few occasions where I can sincerely express happiness to be alive but this was one of them for sure.

(I also purchased for her a necklace just in case.)

I want this space to be where we can all discuss and share our hobbies and the things we are working on that aren’t covered by other threads. I also want to be clear that there shouldn’t be an serious judgment or ridicule in this thread. There is more than enough hostility in the world and there has certainly been a fair share in this community. Let’s put an end to negativity though the power of craft.

I’m going to be working on some super basic storage for our bathroom next. I’ve ordered the materials and will post about it once I’ve begun my work.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: Crafts and Hobbies
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 09:21:46 PM »
I make floral arrangements for my mom. Making things beautiful :preach
每天生气

Tasty

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 09:24:44 PM »

shosta

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 09:30:27 PM »
You pick a nice base that you want to use, some filler flowers, and then the highlights, also have a good color scheme in mind, then you're set, bret 8)
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 10:03:34 PM »
I started wood carving a while ago and really enjoy it.  I just got some clay to start doing sculpture.  As dumb as it is, when I turned 30, I kind of made a list of things I wanted to learn.  I don't have a lot of free time now (or space to do stuff), but I'm trying to set myself up so that when I get more time I can spend it on things I want to do.  Things I want to do: learn to draw again, mostly so I can draft sculpture/carvings better, learn to paint, re-take up fine woodwork if I ever get space for a shop, learn the harmonica, which I started a few years ago but I lost motivation for it after my Grandpa died cause he was the one who played it.  I also want to learn to sew/tailor but don't really have a good space yet (or time or money).  A bonus would be leatherwork, but that shit is expensive. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 10:18:35 AM »
Oh I forgot to say, I also started writing fiction, as a hobby, out of the fear that one day I will grow blind and the inability to do anything will rot my mind.  I had a bit of a break down when I turned thirty. 

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 10:21:33 AM »
I have a lot of free time at work, so trying to become better at drawing. Not good enough that I would want to show any of it off, but slowly improving, to the point where I can draw Garfield with his cock out no problem.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 11:57:20 AM »
I wish I had any hobbies to devote time into. I feel like it's way too late to pick up an instrument or something now.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2020, 12:31:02 PM »
I'm definitely too competitive to do something that I can't be the best at. If I can't have all the marbles, then fuck marbles

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2020, 12:35:23 PM »
That was one thing I had to give up, mostly from being a failed gradstudent.  I kind of felt like I can't even be the best at the thing I do in life, then there is no point in even trying to be 'good' in things that I don't do but wish I did do.  It was honestly really freeing. 

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2020, 12:40:13 PM »
Yeah that kind of made me drop out of college first time around.  :goty2

When I went back in a few years later, I was happily settled with mediocrity though. I then tell myself I could be the best if I wanted to. But I half arsed my way through instead.  :rejoice

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2020, 03:37:22 PM »
Spend Sunday on a little project to liven up an empty wall that bothered me for quite a while.
I didn't want to add more furniture to fill up the space because that is also my VR space.
Because I can't draw for shit I just ordered some large movie art displates which look surprisingly great.

Still had a good time thinking about the lay-out and arrangement and getting them all equally distanced just right.
I have room for about 2 more all the way to the right.

from left to right
- Fight Club
- Kill Bill
- Ghost in the Shell
- Bladerunner 2049
- Pulp Fiction

how many did you guess?
[close]
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2020, 12:57:35 PM »
I've always wanted to learn how to fly a kite... there was someone on here (Bildi I believe) a while back who was big into it and gave me a few tips to get started.
^_^

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2020, 08:57:33 PM »
Starting my first polymer clay sculpture.  It's going to be Pikachu pooping like a dog.  So I've been listening to the riots and drawing pikachu pooping over and over to get the proportions right. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2020, 09:23:51 PM »
I think my pooping Pikachu is coming along nicely - the armature was a pain in the ass and I fucked it up in a few ways, including forgetting to add arms.  Because of this, I think it's going to be a bit too big to be cute, so might lean into the disturbing poop aspect and give it a partially prolapsed anus and a satisfying grin.  Either that or a blissfully blank rat stare.  We will see. 

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2020, 11:40:49 PM »
Polymer clay is great, can’t wait to see how it turns out

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2020, 08:11:57 PM »

Slowly taking shape - issue is the head is too heavy, for balance and I don't know how to attach it solidly.  I'll figure it out though.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2020, 10:33:59 PM »

Lots of things I messged up - going to redo a second one with what I learned.  Won't have access to paint for a while to finish this one. 

Coax

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2020, 12:09:53 AM »
I’ve been having a lot of deep and thoughtful reflection on who I am and how I spend my time. One of the man conclusions that I’ve come to is that, in an effort to better myself and improve my outlook on life I’m going to attempt to do more hobbies, specially ones that are more craft-based.

Best of luck

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2020, 09:48:31 PM »
My poopachu got a crack in its poop since it is a load-bearing poop, so I had to give it a prolapsed anus to cover the crack.  Did the face.  Now just have a few details on the hands and feet that need doing.

Tasty

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2020, 10:37:08 PM »
Forgot what thread I was in and got so confused

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2020, 11:41:11 PM »

shosta

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2020, 11:46:43 PM »
that is unnatural and you are going to hell
每天生气

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2020, 08:45:15 AM »
i love it

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2020, 08:59:13 AM »
Was that commissioned by james?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2020, 09:18:24 AM »
Like I'd trust james to give payment.  Not discounting the idea that it was unconsciously inspired by him though. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2021, 05:39:17 PM »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2021, 06:07:14 PM »
:joker
Margs

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2021, 04:59:51 PM »

Started another one

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2021, 07:22:13 PM »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2021, 01:30:04 PM »
Started trying to crochet last night.  This shit is hard. 

Tasty

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2022, 10:24:06 PM »
Started trying to crochet last night.  This shit is hard. 

I enjoyed embroidery when I tried it... 15 years ago.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2022, 09:27:17 PM »
I tried to make a square and it came out the shape of a beanie laying flat lol -- redid it and it's almost square this time!  Shit is still hard.